Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

Posted (edited)

Vachik finish 2nd BoBp map mission:

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=825&p=38447

"Allow me to introduce. Finally, finally ...

Map of Normandy 44. The month of August. Type advanced and this is the second part of Operation Overlord.

Venue and briefing:

30625278.jpg

If the quadruple twentys on targets are too hard, write, replace with single-barrel.

If you hover over the target icon, an explanation appears that you need to tear down there.

Well, according to the results, you understand, you need feedback, comments, and speed."

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@CountZero I want to ask you  about 41 maps. Currently this expansion is kind of forgorten on the Online servers and we can just enjoy this planeser on couple of maps on TAW. 

Wings have some map on the year 41 but there are allways yak1 or 109F4s on those maps and you just take a plane from BOM if you are masochist because why to chose a F2 or E7 when you have F4. Why to chose the P40 when you will be bounced by an F4. That situation makes 42 maps also repetitive.

Can we have some proper 41 map with I16s P40s Vs Mc202 and E7s? Or maybe other map including the Mig and F2 or on very limited number? Almost everyone has the BOM buyed now and if not there will be allways the posibility to fly stuka or Il2 without the gunner.

Is so sad that we have a useless expansion that you buy just for the Jabos or on the red Side I dont even know why you would buy the Bom if you like online. 

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

@CountZero I want to ask you  about 41 maps. Currently this expansion is kind of forgorten on the Online servers and we can just enjoy this planeser on couple of maps on TAW. 

Wings have some map on the year 41 but there are allways yak1 or 109F4s on those maps and you just take a plane from BOM if you are masochist because why to chose a F2 or E7 when you have F4. Why to chose the P40 when you will be bounced by an F4. That situation makes 42 maps also repetitive.

Can we have some proper 41 map with I16s P40s Vs Mc202 and E7s? Or maybe other map including the Mig and F2 or on very limited number? Almost everyone has the BOM buyed now and if not there will be allways the posibility to fly stuka or Il2 without the gunner.

Is so sad that we have a useless expansion that you buy just for the Jabos or on the red Side I dont even know why you would buy the Bom if you like online. 

I will ask Vachik, i also think it would be nice to have only BoM plane set atleast in one or two early maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ask, and Vachik replay:

"Everything will remain with us as is now. "

• Sad 3

On 5/22/2020 at 1:41 AM, -=-THERION said:

They locked the custom skins because there was an abuse of some "clever" user flying with transparent custom made skins, which gave them

a considerable advantage as they had a "better" situational awareness. This is the reason why you can only use default skins.

They're still doing this? Every other server allows them.

2 hours ago, MatthiasAlpha said:

They're still doing this? Every other server allows them.

Yep - they still lock the custom skins. Apparently there are still some individuals trying to cheat with this. Sad but true.

Posted (edited)

Managed to have a fly on the new 1944 map earlier today. Really like it so far, it’s a great addition to the line-up you already have. Flew as a pair of 110s with 190 ground attacker occasionally flying with us to help draw out the AA. We had real fun at the targets and it was great to be attacking something new. The AA quads are pretty fierce but if you attack in pairs we found them relatively easy to knock out. Trying to work out which enemy tanks were already dead was a little tricky but we are getting better at spottIng the damage. The server was pretty quiet and in two hours we hadn’t closed any of the targets - definitely needs more ground attack pilots but I think the targets are reasonable at the moment! :) Can’t wait time try and fly this for the ‘reds’ - hopefully the P38J is available to fly!

Edited by I/KG1_Chattytumbler

On this map    BattleCaucasus42ksum-WL-4006-01 There is a drop zone for paratropers but you can not take the Ju52 on any arfield. The drop area is full of trees as well I wonder if that is not going to kill the paratroopers as well.

Is just a bug or I am missing something?

On 5/29/2020 at 4:43 PM, E69_geramos109 said:

On this map    BattleCaucasus42ksum-WL-4006-01 There is a drop zone for paratropers but you can not take the Ju52 on any arfield. The drop area is full of trees as well I wonder if that is not going to kill the paratroopers as well.

Is just a bug or I am missing something?

Vchik say he will check that mission bases.

Regarding paras and trees he say they worked ok. 

How the front line works when bailed out? I was captured two times bailing out on my lines close to the front when damaged. How many km you need to be sure? 

How come 69th_RedHawk's individual stat page says his pilot rating is 4th place but the main pilot list says he's 29th?   I can even find other pilots in my squad in the main list or myself in the spots we are supposed to be in according to our individual pilot stat pages.  Also, our entire squad is going down every time we fly even though most of us are in the top 100 and some higher ranked squads have mostly pilots who are not.  Is the stats page hacked?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

How come 69th_RedHawk's individual stat page says his pilot rating is 4th place but the main pilot list says he's 29th?   I can even find other pilots in my squad in the main list or myself in the spots we are supposed to be in according to our individual pilot stat pages.  Also, our entire squad is going down every time we fly even though most of us are in the top 100 and some higher ranked squads have mostly pilots who are not.  Is the stats page hacked?

All works ok.

he is 4th by Rank and 29th by Rating points. Long time ago they added Rank for pilots, what rank pilot get is depending on time spend on server (whos higher betwen players with same rank is decided by their rating points).

Regarding squads, their place is decided same way as rating points placing for players. http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/faq/

Formula for squads just takes into it number of players in squad as thir combined score,death and time is used: (SD * SH * score) / (Squad player number*1000).  So its same as for player, if you collect more points in shorter time and die less doing it youll be high at ranking place. 

Your squad by that formula have: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/squad/338/69th/?tour=61

Your squad score is: 10947 points

SD=10947/32=342.1 (score devided by death+capture)  

SH=10947/29.14=375.7  (score devided by total flight time spend on server)  

(342.1*375.7*10947)/(6*1000)=234,497.45 as displayed on squadron ranks stats for your squad that is 234k

Edited by CountZero

So individual pilot pages that say "POSTION IN RATING" can have a different "POSTION IN RATING" on the main list?  That's stupid.

Rank should be calculated before this so that when you look at your own page and see your "position by rating" then go to the main list and sort by "position by rating" the numbers match.

It's stupid to see a player that's has a "position in rating" of 40 on their stats page but, be 5th or 6th on the main list when sorting by "position in rating".

Who came up with this system? A banker that got bailed out by the govt.? 

Posted (edited)

Maybe it makes more sense in russia, it is what it is :) 

Why i think rank was added is to give players who spend most time on server some credit. The way rating points work players are more succesfule if they dont play mutch, for high rank position you need to usealy hit 48h mark to get highest rank.

In pilot rankings you can sort it by rank. By default is set to sorted by rating points, this is only change i see now to how it worked before. I remenber before one of the IL-2 stats update that added coalitions to stats it was sorted by rank by default, making rank more important. They either forghet to make that edit again to WoL stats after that update ( then name "POSTION IN RATINGwould again make sense as when you look at Pilot Rankings by default it would sort by rank and you would have same place) , or they decided to have it as now intentionaly so default pilot rankings show pilots listed by rating points, or there was some problem as i remenber it took them long time to make all ranks and medals edits work again with that update.

Edited by CountZero

Few weeks ago they putt back missions with Prohorovka map on server. And some players complaine again about low fps or big fps drop when this map shows up on server.

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=825&p=38517

Vachik (mission maker and admin of wol) ask if you have expirianced same problems on this map, post also so he can judge if problem is happening to big enough number of players, and see if missions with that map again need to be removed.

Just another note to say I’ve played some more of the new maps you’ve recently added. They are really good fun for us ground attackers! Congratulations to the team that created them!

• Like 1

One question about latest update:

"4. New multiplayer server option “Restrict Injectors” allows the server hosters to restrict access for users with graphics injectors like Reshade or 3dmigoto;"

3dMigoto is dead. There is new mod VREM, without any zoom. With it I can set convergence and not being cross-eyed when zooming in Pimax HMD. Without it, I need to degrade my graphic about 30% to compensate. That degradation is so big that I basically can not play fighters (as I do not see in distance as others).

Can you please consider to allow that option, so I can play on my favorite Server? Thank you

• Upvote 2

HI

Is reshade banned?

I cant join as it says i have a 3rd party mod

Im assuming thats reshade, but im not playing this game with out reshade, a bit of realistic colour is essential, default colour pallet is basically 50 shades of drab grey!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I ask them yesterday on their russian forum about Restrict Injectors option, and they said they will have it ON. 

Quick look and i see CombatBox and VirtualPilots servers will have it OFF sou you can still play there if you cant here with reshade, 3dmigoto, VREM or other similar programs.

Edited by CountZero
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CountZero said:

I ask them yesterday on their russian forum about Restrict Injectors option, and they said they will have it ON. 

Quick look and i see CombatBox and VirtualPilots servers will have it OFF sou you can still play there if you cant here with reshade, 3dmigoto, VREM or other similar programs.

I can understand it, levels the playing field and would prefer the game vanilla

Just the colours in this game are so bland and washed! Not a tough fix for the devs

• Upvote 1

Hello and good afternoon, I would like to be unbanned.

I was mobbed against by 2 clans because me and my wingman were joking around.

If you want me to keep my trap shut to lift the ban I can abide by that.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ]LH[Tony_Kito said:

Hello and good afternoon, I would like to be unbanned.

I was mobbed against by 2 clans because me and my wingman were joking around.

If you want me to keep my trap shut to lift the ban I can abide by that.

Cheers.

I would like to report this guy for insulting and being a dick with racist coments about spanish and latin american people 

You can ask some of the guys who participate on the mission Blau42ssum like @-=PHX=-cocho  @-=PHX=-Acanusa  @-=PHX=-Centi @-=PHX=-Nocter @E69_Kar @E69_matoo87

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

I would like to report this guy for insulting and being a dick with racist coments about spanish and latin american people 

First of all, the only thing I said that could even be construed as "racist" was "I don't speak Mexican", which is obviously a snarky comment to make you mad and a jab at the sterotype that americans are uncultured and, for the record, I'm Brazilian, so don't give me this "racist about latin american people" shpiel.

Secondly, you too were throwing insults and accusations my way, calling me "low IQ" a "baby" and "ignorant idiot" and speaking ill of me in spanish (which, as a Brazilian, I can understand most spanish ;^) )

Cheers and see you in the skies, hotshot.

Edited by ]LH[Tony_Kito
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ]LH[Tony_Kito said:

First of all, the only thing I said that could even be construed as "racist" was "I don't speak Mexican", which is obviously a snarky comment to make you mad and a jab at the sterotype that americans are uncultured and, for the record, I'm Brazilian, so don't give me this "racist about latin american people" shpiel.

Secondly, you too were throwing insults and accusations my way, calling me "low IQ" a "baby" and "ignorant idiot" and speaking ill of me in spanish (which, as a Brazilian, I can understand most spanish ;^) )

Cheers and see you in the skies, hotshot.

You maybe are confusing me with other on the chat you were called that. I was not talking at all. 

I would call racist coments from you the ones like: 

"Fascist Spaniards" "Imagine being a spaniard" "you will die like the spaniard dog you are etc" 

Dont pretend now you were just jocking arround you were talking shit for half an hour on the chat before you were reported and you were making as well more comentary about people you shoted down calling them nobs and making fun of everyone etc. 

Is up to the server moderator now to take action or to contrast the acusation with the guys that were flying that night. But you were reported by two different clans and i think more people on the server. One of the clans were flying on your side so even your own team was reporting you.

You should accept that you were an asshole  say sorry and accept the consecuences and maybe people will be more open to pardon you.

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

You maybe are confusing me with other on the chat you were called that. I was not talking at all. 

"Fascist Spaniards" "Imagine being a spaniard" "you will die like the spaniard dog you are etc" 

Dont pretend now you were just jocking arround you were talking shit for half an hour on the chat before you were reported and you were making as well more comentary about people you shoted down calling them nobs and making fun of everyone etc. 

Is up to the server moderator now to take action or to contrast the acusation with the guys that were flying that night. But you were reported by two different clans and i think more people on the server. One of the clans were flying on your side so even your own team was reporting you.

You should accept that you were an asshole  say sorry and accept the consecuences and maybe people will be more open to pardon you.

You know what? Fine, if you were so hurt by my playful words then yes, I apologize.

But I don't apologize for smoking your squadron repeatedly in the face of 4 - 2 or even 5 - 2 odds. I think you need to teach them a thing or two about flying still.

See you up there, amigo.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ]LH[Tony_Kito said:

You know what? Fine, if you were so hurt by my playful words then yes, I apologize.

But I don't apologize for smoking your squadron repeatedly in the face of 4 - 2 or even 5 - 2 odds. I think you need to teach them a thing or two about flying still.

See you up there, amigo.

I am not their teacher. And if they want to go suicide mode to your base is up to them. They dont care if they die or whatever so no one was ofended for just being shoted down

Edited by ACG_geramos109

7 hours ago, ]LH[Tony_Kito said:

See you up there, amigo.

Hypocrite..

@admins, why is the 110 G2 still derated with the headrest armor ? Looks like  109 and or 190 are not able to fly  over red targets on some maps, so a better rear view could be useful.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, E69_geramos109 said:

Do ppl get banned for talking shit? I just saw you call someone a "dick"! That is a sexual term and is very insulting, I hope you get banned! Live by the ban sword, die by the ban sword... 

Remember right word 🤔 , but'eeeh 

What's a 'idle inspector ' ??? 

1 hour ago, Superfly29r said:

Do ppl get banned for talking shit? I just saw you call someone a "dick"! That is a sexual term and is very insulting, I hope you get banned! Live by the ban sword, die by the ban sword... 

If its freqent ocurance then yes they ban guys, or if your unlicky that admin is one your cursig then its probably ban in real time :)

I've been having problems with Wings of Liberty for a while, Idk why I kept disconnecting. My ping's ok but the problem is I just kept disconnecting and it made my game crash

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 453=Luib_2001 said:

I've been having problems with Wings of Liberty for a while, Idk why I kept disconnecting. My ping's ok but the problem is I just kept disconnecting and it made my game crash

When i had disconects they usealy come in this 3 ways:

1: i get disconected from game and ts3 at same time = its for sure something on my end with lost net

2: i get disconected from game but stay on ts3 = my ping rised sudenly to high off limit (game kicks you on first high, no 1-2-3 and kick like in old il-2 ) for server or for some other reason game kicked me

3:i get disconected and game crashed but ts3 was ok = this happend only when i used work laptop to slack and play online, my guess was to low specs when that would happening as it was usealy happening when there was mass DF in area or ground attack with planty bombing on heavy cloud missions, maybe thats same reason why it happends to you try lower setings f this hapend when planty of stuff is hapening around you. If this happends when not mutch is going around then i dont know why game would also crash when your kicked.

Edited by CountZero

Keep getting disconnected today :( also WOL server seems to have the worst ping out of all the servers now. Something happened to the bandwidth?

Other servers seem fine

Hello guys,

could not find anywhere else so I am trying here.

It seems I can't login on the server website anymore... How can I get a new password ?

thanks

I wish they would add the P-47D-22 their missions.

Especially to their Western front missions like Normandie August 44.

But also to their eastern front missions that include the P-47 Since while the Soviets only operated a small number of P-47s many almost half were D-22's

(3 P-47D-10, 100 P-47D-22 and 100 P-47D-27 were sent to the soviets).

• Like 1

@SDPG_Bernard uses chat to insult me calling me motherfucker in russian (bxoante) I am not sure why, because I didn't even interact with him

• Haha 1

Good day. I don't speak English well, but I did not offend anyone. E69_Qpassa_VR helped me in the battle, and I wanted to invite him to the TS for mutual assistance. E69_Qpassa_VR is an experienced player and I would like to play with him. I beg your pardon for my level of language if I offended someone.

On 8/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, mattebubben said:

I wish they would add the P-47D-22 their missions.

Especially to their Western front missions like Normandie August 44.

But also to their eastern front missions that include the P-47 Since while the Soviets only operated a small number of P-47s many almost half were D-22's

(3 P-47D-10, 100 P-47D-22 and 100 P-47D-27 were sent to the soviets).

Yeah, i would love to see it too. IIRC, razorback should be even on 43 missions.