Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

22 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

When i was checking how Alter OFF looks with Rip hosting i could see contacts almost same as Alt ON up to ~10km, then i could see then up to 20km but only when i know they are there, they do show up mutch furder likee devs posted and Rip was able to see me longer because of position of sun, but atleast they gradualy get smaller compared to ON where they look like they were almost same size from 10-50km+.

Will se how ppl will react to off now on wol, i know kirill wonted it like this from what i read on russian forum so i expected wol will run on it off.

To me from tests its clear that off is more refined and bug free version, and what devs wonted it to be from start of this big update.

Believe me, those ranges are not true for me. It`s unfortunate but that`s the way it is. Now it`s tested on public on WoL, and I choose to fly elsewhere. But enjoy if it works for you :)

Posted (edited)

It will be like that players will chose what they fined better for gamplay on or off, atleast admins know now its off for real and they probably had bug with selection in dserver before when they tought it was off but in real it was on. Planty of players online for all servers , i still see up to 400ppl prime time euro.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Posted (edited)

If true, kudos to WoL for turning it OFF!

Edited by SeaSerpent

A few questions about points gathering on wol, and multiplayer in general. I usually do not live enough to RTB. What happens if I do not RTB, bail out on enemy territory, or on ours, or die? What is the difference in points for my team?

Then again, I saw there is much more points achieved when strafing and destroying ground targets, than shooting enemy planes. Does it mean that I (as a fighter plane, not bomber) should also primary take ground targets?

And when I find ground target, i.e. "train station" in a big city; which buildings needs to be destroyed? Yesterday 2 bombers from my team were destroying different buildings all around that city until that "train station" was destroyed (mission accomplished). There were no train rails in that city.

I saw there 2-3 types of buildings:

1) small houses, all over city - probably not targets

2) Bigger buildings, surrounded by smaller buildings, like storage. It is possible to distinguish these from regular houses. Is that right approach?

3) A church-like building. Probably not target.

The bridges, trains and convoys are easy. Airports and artillery also. Factories are problem when in city.

And, what should I avoid from buildings, or what I can not destroy? EDIT: I mean with cannons!

What about small ships?

Edited by Brzi_Joe

2 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

A few questions about points gathering on wol, and multiplayer in general. I usually do not live enough to RTB. What happens if I do not RTB, bail out on enemy territory, or on ours, or die? What is the difference in points for my team?

Then again, I saw there is much more points achieved when strafing and destroying ground targets, than shooting enemy planes. Does it mean that I (as a fighter plane, not bomber) should also primary take ground targets?

And when I find ground target, i.e. "train station" in a big city; which buildings needs to be destroyed? Yesterday 2 bombers from my team were destroying different buildings all around that city until that "train station" was destroyed (mission accomplished). There were no train rails in that city.

I saw there 2-3 types of buildings:

1) small houses, all over city - probably not targets

2) Bigger buildings, surrounded by smaller buildings, like storage. It is possible to distinguish these from regular houses. Is that right approach?

3) A church-like building. Probably not target.

The bridges, trains and convoys are easy. Airports and artillery also. Factories are problem when in city.

And, what should I avoid from buildings, or what I can not destroy? EDIT: I mean with cannons!

What about small ships?

If your concern/objective is win the mission, then points are not important also you returning back to base is also not so mutch of importance (unless you lose to many airplanes).

The mission is won by 2 ways, finish set number objectives before other side do it in 2h55min, or make enemy lose set number of airplanes in 2h55min.

Objects that are part of objective are usealy grouped together and with practice you learn them like most ground attackers do, they are similar in shape and buildings used on most objectives. There is set number of objects that are part of objective that needs to be destroyed for that objective to be considered closed, so not every building or ammo box or bunker needs to be eliminated. They are usealy covered by 4xAA guns, so buldings you need to destroy are inside that area encircued by AA guns. 

Pictures of factory targets from mission balancedsprint42 from missionbuilder:

Spoiler

1162636240_n1factorymp.thumb.jpg.784bc3c769525fa5541115526094923d.jpg

same without icons:

1164702288_n1factorympnoicon.thumb.jpg.5f7ab8f62bb64cf596577c9b6c962645.jpg

Zoomed in to se buildings types (same are used on most objectives):

zoom1.thumb.jpg.102ce74b50ccd429b3ad6d5ef8d3ac57.jpg  zoom2.thumb.jpg.df4a8d3a385262e6e6219dda931d1aee.jpg

Because of game bugs with durability of buildings (factory hangars small buildings...) most of them can be destroyed by 20mm, i dont think that changed with latest game updates.

On every server you play mission is downloaded in your game so you can later  open that mission in Mission Builder and see what is objective where if you wont to know exactly what to destroy.

Ships can also be destroyed by guns, but bigger ships take more and will take longer to sink.

Dont know if this is fixed, but sometimes you may think all is destroyed and why objective is not closed, but you need to also destroy small ammo boxes next to hangar type object, as for example bomb blast wil destroy big buildings but wont thouse small objects, and sometimes they also count to objects % in that objective.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 1

Great, I tried to sink small ships; small precise burst wasn´t succesful. Loooooooong-long burst (FW190, 4x cannons) did job, it sinked in next 15min :)

ty

last month they had one map only bobp, and it was desaster, 20 red vs 60 blue, 262s vulching and camping all red bases and flak cant hit them... untill more russians buy bobp airplanes i guess they think its pointles to have only bobp missions, maybe when standard bobp or collector p-38 airplanes start to sell something changes, but for now i guess there is not enought red players who have bobp airplanes that play on wol also, to justifie only bobp missions.

What i see they plan to do is more missions where you can have vvs and bobp airplanes vs axis, so atleast vvs guys can take la5fns.

Edited by 77.CountZero