Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

I need to know the WoL server IP

I'm having constant disconexions and my IPS can help me using a different DNS path to reach the server.

Linking a post I made in the Technical Issues and Bug Reports sub-forum regarding hit discrepancies well playing on WoL. I know everyone's been seeing a lot of "invalid hit" messages on the server lately so my guess is just server lag but thought I would note it here as well.

S! all,

I've noticed recently flying the 'Last Assault' 1941 mission on Wings of Liberty that it seems to have a significantly higher number of lag and desync issues than any other missions. On one occasion I was flying a 110 sortie to the Russian airfield target - I made my first pass dropping my 250's and noticed no flak was firing. The bombs, upon explosion, did not damage any targets. About 60 seconds later I saw the flak open up and the targets that I had bombed flashed into dust and appeared destroyed, along with the accompanying messages. A few times during my attack I noticed the aircraft received a number of sporadic hits while the flak appeared to lag behind to shoot at my position ~60 seconds ago. and the messages 'Outdated hit data - SERVER-WINGS > ATAG_kiwiflieger 62.7 sec' (or some similar time) would appear. I also noticed these messages originating from a number of other people during the sortie.

On another sortie I engaged a Pe-2 and, seeing no gunner fire, parked on his 6 and fired the entirety of my cannon ammo and about 1/2 of my MG ammo (I was in 109E7) into the aircraft. I noticed the hit puffs appearing but no visual damage was occuring on his aircraft. I broke off and engaged a MiG-3 firing MG ammo and the same thing occured - hit puffs but no apparent damage. After ~120 seconds I received light damage to my aircraft that appeared to originate from thin air, but the 'Outdated hit data' messages that appeared indicated I was being hit by the Pe-2 rear gunner. Not wanting to risk catastrophic damage I bailed out.

In both these sorties I used my navigation lights to verify position to my other fliers on TeamSpeak, which did not appear while I had them illuminated but instead about 2 minutes later, which was roughly consistent with the delay time appearing in 'Outdated hit data' messages.

I hope this helps the mission builders in some way.

I was banned after accidentally shooting the tail of my plane with the rear gun on the BF110 and was banned for a week because of it. I have a video from my stream as proof of the incident. If an admin is able to help me out I would really appreciate it.

Good luck with that! I got a 14 minute ban for similar that has, so far, lasted about a week and a half! I have tried posting on the forums, pm'ing anyone I can think of and even located and pm'd the admin. STILL BANNED!

7 hours ago, HaunterHero said:

I was banned after accidentally shooting the tail of my plane with the rear gun on the BF110 and was banned for a week because of it. I have a video from my stream as proof of the incident. If an admin is able to help me out I would really appreciate it.

6 hours ago, 69TH_Pug said:

Good luck with that! I got a 14 minute ban for similar that has, so far, lasted about a week and a half! I have tried posting on the forums, pm'ing anyone I can think of and even located and pm'd the admin. STILL BANNED!

I ask , and admin replay:

"for HaunterHero - 1 week

for 69TH_PUG - 3 week

for 69th_LuckyHawk - 2 week

69TH a lot of checks done...

It's automaticly ban for gunner, one crew member = 1 week"

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=1003&p=31870

18 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I ask , and admin replay:

"for HaunterHero - 1 week

for 69TH_PUG - 3 week

for 69th_LuckyHawk - 2 week

69TH a lot of checks done...

It's automaticly ban for gunner, one crew member = 1 week"

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=1003&p=31870

so they can't lift the ban? that's ridicules obviously mistakes like this will happen so why start issuing bans like that, especially with such a small community to start with. in the mission editor you can just make friendly fire damage reflected so IDK why they would allow this kind of sensitive auto banning.

I messaged an admin too and I never got a reply.

Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Edited by HaunterHero

On 1/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, HaunterHero said:

so they can't lift the ban? that's ridicules obviously mistakes like this will happen so why start issuing bans like that, especially with such a small community to start with. in the mission editor you can just make friendly fire damage reflected so IDK why they would allow this kind of sensitive auto banning.

I messaged an admin too and I never got a reply.

Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Try another server!