Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

7 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Yes starting to see issues with disconnects even when the server is not full too.

Luckily, in the meantime, there are already other populated MP-servers, where there are no problems as described by you. It´s only up to you to stay on WoL and be frustrated day by day or join another server and have fun 😉

Edited by -[HRAF]Grunf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Query BoS, BoM & BoK has some official multiplayer server or Wing of Liberty is the only semi-official server that has. Because in the list of servers there are many but what everyone flies is WoL the TAW only when it starts again, now we have KOTA that is very good but during the week nobody flies. Greetings pilots!

Edited by GOA_Wochi
Ma redactado!

Why are the skins for LA5 FN locked on WOL Maps (Kuban Summer 44 / and Wintermap Saving Private 43)?

16 hours ago, RFG_Hisl said:

Why are the skins for LA5 FN locked on WOL Maps (Kuban Summer 44 / and Wintermap Saving Private 43)?

WoL has custom skins locked for all planes, not just the la5fn.

Edited by Willy__

Yes, I knew that. But they all have official skins locked.

OK, do not bother me. I was just curious why they did that.

SkinWoL.jpg

thouse other skins are gray, and i guess they dont have them unlock as grey was late war sheme on la5fn, for kuban they leve green only.

I see that the WoL infamous disconnects are back in full force with people being regularly dumped from the server in individual and multiples. I have seen times where 80% of the people playing were dumped and on the weekend all 6 in our group got dropped at the same time.

If that is not bad enough you for some reason choose to punish those who your server kicks with a loss of their kill streak.

The "beatings will continue until moral improves" approach has finally won! Congratulations because the last thing we need is a lot of people online...

3 hours ago, Capt_Teddy_Bear said:

I see that the WoL infamous disconnects are back in full force with people being regularly dumped from the server in individual and multiples. I have seen times where 80% of the people playing were dumped and on the weekend all 6 in our group got dropped at the same time.

If that is not bad enough you for some reason choose to punish those who your server kicks with a loss of their kill streak.

The "beatings will continue until moral improves" approach has finally won! Congratulations because the last thing we need is a lot of people online...

what?

It's true. If you get dropped by the server, any air-to-air kill streaks or ground target kill streaks you have going on the server stat page get reset to 0.  I guess the server can't tell whether it was a connection drop or a purposeful exit to save your virtual pilot's life so you can re-enter and continue building your kill streaks.

7 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

for kuban they leve green only.

Yes OK for Kuban.

But Saving Private 43 is a wintermap.Why are there no white skins? Somehow stupid for me.

for winter i dont know what logic they have to lock all exept green, maybe so its easyer to fined la5fns :)

11 hours ago, RFG_Hisl said:

Yes, I knew that. But they all have official skins locked.

OK, do not bother me. I was just curious why they did that.

SkinWoL.jpg

I think it's an attempt to improve server performance

Playing a mission where you are supposed to make a paradrop. I get there and find it is on a mountain. Then there are no bonfires but a message saying I am above a zone where a saboteur must be landed, but there is no sign of where this is meant to happen either. How is this task supposed to work?

5 hours ago, beresford said:

Playing a mission where you are supposed to make a paradrop. I get there and find it is on a mountain. Then there are no bonfires but a message saying I am above a zone where a saboteur must be landed, but there is no sign of where this is meant to happen either. How is this task supposed to work?

Use your eyes and navigate like they did back then.... or you think the enemy put some bonfires indicating the place of landing ? :rolleyes:

On 11/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, 77.CountZero said:

thouse other skins are gray, and i guess they dont have them unlock as grey was late war sheme on la5fn, for kuban they leve green only.

La-5, Yak-1B and even Yak-1 have late war grey skins as well, yet those are available.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, RFG_Hisl said:

Yes OK for Kuban.

But Saving Private 43 is a wintermap.Why are there no white skins? Somehow stupid for me.

La-5FN doesn't have a white skin because quickly after it was introduced the Soviets changed to the grey camo, which was to be used in all seasons, including winter. Sort of like the US Silver paintscheme.

26 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

La-5, Yak-1B and even Yak-1 have late war grey skins as well, yet those are available.

La-5FN doesn't have a white skin because quickly after it was introduced the Soviets changed to the grey camo, which was to be used in all seasons, including winter. Sort of like the US Silver paintscheme.

didnt know that, ill ask then on their russian forum, maybe they dont know they have those skins locked on that maps, i always tought its intentional for some reason

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I know that, and would like to take a gray skin if it were available. Look at the screenshot above in my first post. All locked  except  the standard green.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

.. ill ask then on their russian forum, maybe they dont know they have those skins locked on that maps

Thank you for that.  👍

Denlarik says its bug and thats why they are lock on la5fn

Edited by 77.CountZero

13 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Denlarik says its bug and thats why they are lock on la5fn

Thank you!

On 11/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, -HEINZ- said:

Have you noticed a problem with GPS, works very unstable on WoL

yes on some missions, and on some works fine ( wth same or neer same number of players on server), if you see that your GPS is delayed on WoL that mission will have lag( usealy player have messages about his kills delayed at sametime, and is not able to click on finish mission after landing until his GPS icon lands).

I saw you playing just now on WoL on Height200_42m mission, this mission run just fine for me and i didnt notice any problems like on some other missions, (was 62players at same time on it at high number). Expendables and Justin did you guys have problems on this mission i also saw you guys did some bombing on it.

Edited by 77.CountZero

just finish finish flying on next mission Penetration41maut, 76 players on server all works ok.

Why is the P40 mirror almost always locked on this server? The P40E had a mirror - it wasn't an optional extra - the aircraft left the factory with it attached.

5 hours ago, Dave said:

Why is the P40 mirror almost always locked on this server? The P40E had a mirror - it wasn't an optional extra - the aircraft left the factory with it attached.

I ask on their forum and answer from mission maker is that its not on purpose locked its omission when making missions or adding it later to some bases, so if you notice it locked, post here what base and what mission and it would be fixed faster.