Sign in to follow this  
Semor76

Single player Campaigns translated

Ladies & Gentlemen

Here are the translated files for Piper_Kiev´s excellent written single player campaigns!

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13247

After 2 days, and translating over 200 mis.files one by one ,I´ve made a complete repack including all necessary skin packs for each campaign. The goal of this task was to create a "ready to fly" pack for those who enjoy the single player aspect of IL-2 CoD BLITZ.

I didn´t own any of these Missions or Skins. All credits belongs to their respective Authors!

As far as I understand,those are the final version of these campaigns and they are written for TF 4.312 and should be fully compatible for TF 4.5 BLITZ

By the sheer amount of mission files to translate, I may overlooked a file.If you found one of these,post it here, and I will correct them.

I use Google translate and correct some parts by hand. So maybe some of the mission descriptions sounds a bit weird, but in the end, the user gets an good overview about the historical background and what to do in each mission.

How to use:

1.Step. Download part one, and unzip it to a safe place. Then go to: Steam/Steamapps/common/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz/parts/bob/mission/campaign and delete everything inside. Then,copy the content of the unzipped part into it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QKDCTaBJ5IsSt7gO0lkvgjH1yUBRrBnj

Attention! Fix for Erpr.Gr.210 Just delete the campaign files that comes with the pack above and replace it with this one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14U9EZ7IdBG5ubYcGjIwiS2eI9B53NJYe

2.Step. Download part 2, and unzip it to a safe place. Then go to: your name/documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign and delete everything inside.

Then,copy the content of the unzipped part 2 into it.  Note: I try to make it idiot proof, but regarding the skin folder, keep the file structure intact and let the skin folder who comes with this part overwrite the original files!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xBPautixG1UoY9HpVE5dghEzMWhDROtX

That´s it. you´re done and ready to fly.

The following campaigns are repacked:

Battle of Britain by Piper_Kiev

7UnBmtJ.png

Battle of France by Piper-Kiev

xGXwaw6.png

Bristol Blenheim by Piper Kiev

OmpOqSl.png

Luftwaffe Redux by Bolox & Gabuzomeu

JStl8A6.png

Dunkirk,Operation Dynamo by Piper-Kiev

iaXuEu6.png

Erpr.Gr.210 by Piper-Kiev,Geniok,Axel 37

w7HO4Pq.png

GB campaign Redux by Heinkill,Bolox &  Gabuzomeu

DyoOGEm.png

Kampfgeschwader 54 by Piper-Kiev

7SOSlt2.png

Stukageschwader 1 by Piper-Kiev

gue6PXG.png

II./ZG26 Horst Wessel by Piper_Kiev

ESOz4Am.png

III./JG-2 by Piper-Kiev

fZZDgfP.png

JG-53 Pik As by Piper-Kiev

FDiv9hK.png

NJG.1 by Piper-Kiev

PLwEhDX.png

JG-26 Schlageter by Piper-Kiev (I highly recomment this,one of the best I´ve ever played in CoD)

lHE7W6O.png

KG-53 Legion Condor by Piper-Kiev

g3FG5fA.png

One personal note:

For those who are unfamiliar to CoD

Piper-Kiev has carefully made each of this campaigns in terms of British and Germans fighter tactics for this period of War. You can´t compare this to our east front stuff here at Il-2 Great Battles!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain

In most of the missions,the player will fly as a wingmen, and the wingmen is part of a whole flight, and all together are a part of a "bigger picture" This means, in a mission you will see countless other flights,each on their own mission. It´s a living enviroment, and you are only a small part of it. Do your job,and get the hell out of the battle zone!

The AI is far from perfect in CoD and will get improved by Team Fusion, but compared to our "basic" AI, it´s miles ahead! Dont expect braindead endless circles from the AI,or Dog fights till death like we have in IL-2 Great Battles. Like in real life, engagements were short and agressive. Always stick to your flight leader! If he disengages the fight, follow him or you will find yourself easily outnumbered. The same goes in the opposite way, the AI tryes to keep flight discipline and most of the time fly in pairs. If the enemy flight disengages the fight,or you see a damaged plane heading home, you have a good chance that his wingmen is not far away and he will defend his comrad!  Also, there is always some patrols on both coastlines, and playing lone Wolf at 500m altitude may not be the best idea 😉 You have a propper Radio comms menue,use it! Belive me, from time to time, the AI in CoD has some nasty suprises for those players with a bad situational awarness.  So, better always check your six in a fight an call for help if needed.

Back in 2006, as I read the first  announcements and saw the first screenshots of CoD over at SimHQ, I followed all the drama over the years, and I never thought this sim will ever be a stable platform.

But CoD is a good example for what is possible in the flight sim community!

All hail goes out to Piper_Kiev, Heinkill, Mysticpuma,Buzzsaw and all the other crazy maniacs at Team Fusion who keeps this sim alive over the past years!

Long live Oleg Maddox....

Long live IL-2 Sturmovik !

Edited by Semor76
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Devs please add workshop on steam :sorry:

I know it's not hard to download these campaigns but workshop is really awesome thing, it makes mods way more popular since most people don't sit on forum and they will never find these missions. Easy one click download and you can already play is a great thing. Easy and fast updates, no need to look on forum for new updated version, turn on steam, autodownload patch and done.

@up

Also great job, it's weird that no one really decieded to translate these campaigns before. I played dunkirk only since most were in russians and i saw no point in playing like this.

Edited by InProgress

32 minutes ago, InProgress said:

@up

Also great job, it's weird that no one really decieded to translate these campaigns before. I played dunkirk only since most were in russians and i saw no point in playing like this.

Thanks.

Before I forget it: Dunkirk & Luftwaffe Redux was already translated. I put it in the pack to make it complete. The GB Redux campaign is still in German. I will make the translation into english in the next days.

11 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Thanks.

Before I forget it: Dunkirk & Luftwaffe Redux was already translated. I put it in the pack to make it complete. The GB Redux campaign is still in German. I will make the translation into english in the next days.

yeah, like 2 or something :P That was my point, for years no one translated them into english which is werid. Don't believe no russian here speaks english :P

4 hours ago, InProgress said:

yeah, like 2 or something :P That was my point, for years no one translated them into english which is werid. Don't believe no russian here speaks english :P

Well,it´s all about laziness... imagine if you have to open each mis. file, copy the content to google translate and back, then read trough the result, and repeat this process for the next 30-40 mission files untill ONE campaign is complete.  Belive me, it´s Impossible to archive this without the help of 1..2..3 cold Beer

:drinks:

Thank you very much Semor76 for making these available, really appreciated. :drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Buzzsaw said:

Thanks very much Semor!  😎

I thought it was time to give something back to the community. That´s all.

Thx for moving this tread in the right subforum.

Just now, Semor76 said:

I thought it was time to give something back to the community. That´s all.

Thx for moving this tread in the right subforum.

Will actually be moving it again... as the Admins will be creating 'Single Player' and 'Multiplayer' sections.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for your time and effort, Semor. Very much appreciated!

Attention!

I´ve found a bug in the Erpr.Gr.210 Campaign that leads to a AI crash at mission start.

Corrected version added to the initial post!

• Upvote 1

I just spotted this it looks very impressive and I can't wait to give it all a try.

thanks for your hard work!

Cheers

3 hours ago, Bichu said:

Amazing contribution!

I wish all newcomers like me would have access to this!

Good idea. I will set a link to this topic in the ATAG forums

• Upvote 2

Thanks for this! I'd given up on CoD due to poor ai and lack of sp content. Decided to give these a try and they're great so far! Lots of content now and the ai is definitely challenging.

Edited by pht0830

2 hours ago, pht0830 said:

...CoD ... due to poor ai.... and the ai is definitely challenging.

:scratch_one-s_head: :wacko:  :biggrin:

Edited by Sokol1