lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

6 minutes ago, Steambat said:

Hi I've been away for a little while so just getting back into IL2 and I used this MOD previously with no problems but I'm unable to get this to work. I'm using JSGME to remove old mods and add in the new one (only using this one as it happens). I've got mods selected in game and my gut tells me this something simple that I have overlooked, so any help would be appreciated!

Also using this with Occulus Rift.

Avoid double directories , this can be made by other unpacking option.

Thanks for the quick reply 307_Tomcat, any ideas what I'm should be looking for?

2 hours ago, Steambat said:

Thanks for the quick reply 307_Tomcat, any ideas what I'm should be looking for?

In MODS directory there should be only one directory name (usaly mod name) then another under that name a directory as copy of the inner game structure like bin etc .

Edited by 307_Tomcat

On 12/20/2018 at 10:07 PM, Agathos_Deimon said:

How can i simply delete key bindings? If i set ";" infront of key or just delete line behind = i get a "cant parse" message on game start.

You must either comment or delete the complete [key] section. If you remove only a part of it it will not work.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, lefuneste said:

user_keymapping_zoom.ini contains elements for zoom : key mapping and settings

• 3 additionnal files are provided with settings for Odyssey, PIMAX 4K and Vive. Default value are for Rift. Values are taken from forums, see inside files for references. If you are not using a Rift, you may rename the files corresponding to you helmet to "user_keymapping_zoom.ini" (eg I have to rename user_keymapping_zoom.ini.pimax to user_keymapping_zoom.ini for my usage)

I have an Odyssey+ so can I also delete the Pimax, vive AND DEFAULT value files? 

Only user_keymapping_zoom .ini is used, so you can delete all other files but you must rename the one you want with this name.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 2:56 PM, 307_Tomcat said:

In MODS directory there should be only one directory name (usaly mod name) then another under that name a directory as copy of the inner game structure like bin etc .

Thanks again 307_Tomcat, found the problem, seems the JSGME start in folder had moved somehow. Ops normal now 😃. Loving this mod again!!

On 12/18/2018 at 11:02 PM, HellCat_ said:

@lefuneste This are what I'm using at the moment 

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_INSERT
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0  

[Key2]
;set  low zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_PRIOR
type = hold
w = 3
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0 

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_HOME
type = hold
w = 5.0
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0

This parameter works fine for the Acer Mixed Reality headset too

The 10.6 version is finished, I have now to test it before spreading.

The contains :

Glitches/problem fix:

• water when zooming or having a global shift
  • gives back rain drops zoom / shift 
  • horizon was not well shifted
  • Cloud Fix is back ! (It was disabled because I left some tests lines in 10.5 ☹️)
    I did not notice it before because the problem is only visible when below "high" global settings with "med" cloud settings. As I upgraded my graphic card, I also cranked my settings up. If you have  settings above the High+low cloud you do not have to use the cloud fix feature.
    Here is a short track that allow me to check the problem (mainly at the He111 at the end) : test_cloud.zip

New features:

• I included all the Myscion "cockpit at glance" in the kneepad. In 2D myscion_in_kneepad1.thumb.jpg.e8aae2b31457b57258291f449f7f0b6b.jpg
    As in VR:
  • myscion_in_kneepad2.thumb.jpg.1eba40a1df388269addf932eaadda66d.jpg
  • "Night" mode for map display (brightness will be reduced)
  • Technochat can be toggle On/Off in flight, but for VR only
  • Sun "Halo" will be hidden by cockpit frame (this can of course be disabled). By default, I found it quite annoying when in VR
    By defaut:
    HaloKO.thumb.jpg.78f8861cb0899a0146c81424f6cbc977.jpg
    Modded:

HaloModed.thumb.jpg.f0de782cafb0c83bee9d2fd9d8459238.jpg

So let's hope I will not find new bugs or problems...

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

The sun Halo problem is really annoying. I´m looking forward to try 10.6 version. Could be a nice christmas present... 🙂

On 12/24/2018 at 4:55 PM, lefuneste said:

Cloud Fix is back ! (It was disabled because I left some tests lines in 10.5 ☹️)

So it wasn't me.. I wasn't able to notice any improvement on that particular point. But my setting is precisely global > "High" and Clouds > "Medium" so that I couldn't notice any improvement, even with 10.6 ? Do you think it would be worth it to lower my settings, and in what manner exactly ?

41 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

So it wasn't me.. I wasn't able to notice any improvement on that particular point. But my setting is precisely global > "High" and Clouds > "Medium" so that I couldn't notice any improvement, even with 10.6 ? Do you think it would be worth it to lower my settings, and in what manner exactly ?

I'm not sure. On my test track I found that there is no more cloud bugs with settings upper or equal to global > "high" and cloud > "Medium", so this bug feature may be useless... But maybe there are some cases where the cloud bug is still present ? In this case I will be interested by a track, to see if the mod fix something or not.

At least the fix may help people that needs to have lower settings to maintain their fps.

Mediafire still display 10.5 as filename? 

Edit: Ok I still see it is in a testing phase for limited beta-users, sorry.  

Edited by Dutch2

6 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Edit: Ok I still see it is in a testing phase for limited beta-users, sorry.  

Not yet. My testing allow me to find some bugs on things I though fixed.

In fact I have the feeling of turning around, fixing boat trails break plane smoke, and vice versa.

Moreover, things fixed with tracks are not working when playing..

lefuneste is it possible to put a custom value to the IPD modifier?

I feel the Odyssey plus its like 95% scale, and if I add the IPD modifier it becomes too big.

Is it possible to make the increase of the picture a bit less?

The 10.6b version is ready for testing. I hope that there are no more bugs...There is only one things that remains unsolved : ground texture will "flash" when flying at very low level and zooming or using IPD change.

Before spreading it, I'd like to be sure that it will not give trouble, as the 10.5 is stable and no one complain about it. If some guys are interested to be beta tester,  especially  the ones who encountered problem with cloud with the previous versions, please MP me, I'll give you the link.

The new default mapping is the following :(new functions in Red)

image.png.a395d4adf2e00ab78c0dcfe2646012f7.png

I had to use keys that are not the same for some keyboard, so if you are using an "azerty" keyboard you'll have to rename "user_keymapping.ini.azerty' into "user_keymapping.ini". Both user_keymapping.ini and user_var_initialization.ini have been updated to include key mapping and default value for the 2 last lines.

I also add a "testcloud" track that may help you to check if the cloud fix function is working. But you'll need to setup your settings to lower than Global=>"High" / cloud "Medium" to see changes, otherwise the bug is less noticeable.

15 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

lefuneste is it possible to put a custom value to the IPD modifier?

I feel the Odyssey plus its like 95% scale, and if I add the IPD modifier it becomes too big.

Is it possible to make the increase of the picture a bit less?

You can modify the IPD modifier by the value you want. To do that :

• set the default value in user_var_initialization.ini by adding the following lines (x is the value you want)
    ; Xxshift for zoom (not to be modified)
    y6 = 0.0x
  • modify IPD toggle by modifying in user_keymapping.ini the section
    [Key8]
    ;Global Shift toogle
    ; Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_LEFT
    Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DELETE
    type = cycle
    ; modify here the first value for global shift
    x6 = 0.0x, 0.0

By default the value is 0.02, so you can try 0.01.

If the IPD is not enough, you can also modify he default zoom factor (eg 1.05) add a line "w=1.x" in user_var_initialization.ini (where x is the default zoom value you want).

But you must be aware that there are some glitch or didabled effects in 10.5 with IPD or zoom, the 10.6 will be better (but there is still a problem with grass)

Edited by lefuneste

Requesting a bit of help:

No matter what zoom x/y parameters i change, nothing happens.  I can even change the default zoom factor to 10.0 in the d3dx file, but ZERO changes take affect after hitting f10 or restarting the game entirely.  Installed in MOD folder and enabled in JSGME.  Button shortcuts work as designed, so i know the mod is working in that regard.

If you did not change the file in user_keymapping_zoom.ini  it will not work. Read the first post...

2 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

If you did not change the file in user_keymapping_zoom.ini  it will not work. Read the first post...

Sorry, my reference to x/y parameters in the first sentence was referring to the zoom.ini file.  Changed and saved, then went in game, hit f10 and no changes were made. Thinking maybe f10 wasnt working, I also did the "hunting to 2" workaround.  No matter what changes i make to either file, nothing happens.

Posted (edited)

I downloaded the 10.5 file and extracted the single 3Dmigoto folder to my MODS folder to have activated by JSGME.  The files I've edited are in that folder still.

Extraction snapshot:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2379ed8dfb2a80b86d900e1383c26a01.png

Odyssey ini snapshot:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a76ca74625201a2b8ad01c2e072e8def.png

UPDATE:  While taking these screenshots, I noticed the file extensions for the other .ini files are actually not configuration settings (duh).  So I made sure to rename it with the .ini on the back and it switched it back.  Works just fine now.

Thanks

Edited by =BES=Coyote-66

Posted (edited)

2019/01/04 : version 10.6 changelog

Warning : files user_keymapping_zoom.ini, user_keymapping.ini, user_var_initialization.ini have new lines and must not be overwritten by your previous version.

• Fix some shaders causing gliches with the last 3.009 version (mostly waters, moon, rising sun,...)
  • Cloud fix is back !!! It was lef disabled in 10.5 by mistake. There are some cases when it may introduce bugs, so I will definitively remove it. Nevertheless, the fix would give added value only if your are below Global settings < High AND cloud settings < MED. Otherwise game engine may not hide plane by cloud behind them.
  • Rework of IPD like offset computation  : the offset displayed on screen is no more the same for each pixel whatever their depth is, but is depending of object depth. This reduce eyestrain and glitches.
  • Rework of zoom mask (binocular like) : a "sight" has been added, (both maks and sight can be disabled)
    All settings regarding zoom mask and IPD like offset are now moved in user_keymapping_zoom.ini. This file must be updated with your settings.
    zoom.thumb.jpg.d37bc4d74af332959ef974fe5c1d8f31.jpg
  • A new function is added to reduce map brightness for night flying.
  • A new function is added to filter sun "Halo" by cockpit frame
    SUN_filter.thumb.jpg.95dc0f6fa71a055a202c1cbc1e9ce68b.jpg
  • Techno chat can be toggled OFF/ON in flight (VR only)
  • Myscion wonderfull "cockpit at a glance" sheet are provided in kneepad (it remains only 5 page to customize)
    kneepad.thumb.jpg.521887139dded8d8e2fb23b7c0114818.jpg
  • Color/brightness modification has been reworked. There are now PRESET profile  that allow to change separately color saturation and brightness for cockpit and external. 2 profile are available. Color preset are defined in [ResourceColorChange] in user_var_initialization.ini.

New key mapping (warning, I had to use keys that are no common to all keyboard, a dedicated user_keymapping.ini.azerty must be renamed in user_keymapping.ini for azerty keyboard)
shortcut.thumb.jpg.4b987df1ab045fe3ae6b89449130a7e6.jpg

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

OK so best is roll back the old 1.05, I’m using JSGME, delete that 1.05 and put in the new 1.06 in the mods folder and swap the1.06 back to BoX.  ???

Edited by Dutch2

If you use JSGME yes. But you can also keep a while the 10.5 in JSGME mods DIR in case of you have trouble with  10.6, so you will roll back easier to 10.5.

You can also backup your users_settings *.ini file if you made some changes, it will help you to report them in new *.ini files.

=EXPEND=Tripwire  warn me that the cloud fix is making planes too much visible in his testing. So I disabled it and updated the 10.6 version, I will only introduce it again only if there is no bugs after more testings.

Please download it again if you already have it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

One more, this one was only noticeable when i was landed on this particular airfield, never during flight and nowhere else so far - using the new 10.6

Just incase it helps reproducing, i use a combination of game VR zoom plus 1.5x migoto zoom

539780080_textureissue.PNG.a8ea9173023f5de191c413dfa334a319.PNG

Track-airfield shading issue.zip

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

Having an issue with grass flickering back and forth between two positions on some runways, and even a railroad doing something similar. Anyone got a fix?

Think that's been an issue for the base game, not migoto? (at least I have seen it since day 1) or are you seeing if Migotomod might be able to help?

3dmigoto will induce this  effect, when grounded, as soon as there is an offset used, that is global IPD or zoom. Unfortunately, I an unable to solve it. But I found it quite tolerable with the new IPD offset algorithm.

2 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Think that's been an issue for the base game, not migoto? (at least I have seen it since day 1) or are you seeing if Migotomod might be able to help?

I've only noticed it with the latest install of this mod, and I was wondering if it was something to do with it

11 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

3dmigoto will induce this  effect, when grounded, as soon as there is an offset used, that is global IPD or zoom. Unfortunately, I an unable to solve it. But I found it quite tolerable with the new IPD offset algorithm.

Ahhh okay, I'll put up with it, it's unnoticable once you get off the ground anyway

On 1/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

One more, this one was only noticeable when i was landed on this particular airfield, never during flight and nowhere else so far - using the new 10.6

Just incase it helps reproducing, i use a combination of game VR zoom plus 1.5x migoto zoom

539780080_textureissue.PNG.a8ea9173023f5de191c413dfa334a319.PNG

Track-airfield shading issue.zip

Solved. It will be included in a future version (I will wait for potential other bugs). But if you want to test you can suppress the file b6d1154060875be6-vs_replace.txt and replace it by the included file.

b6d1154060875be6-vs.txt

4 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Solved. It will be included in a future version (I will wait for potential other bugs). But if you want to test you can suppress the file b6d1154060875be6-vs_replace.txt and replace it by the included file.

b6d1154060875be6-vs.txt

Where is this file located?

Posted (edited)

What's a link to download the latest 3Dmigoto without signing up for other stuff like media fire, etc.?  Every time I try to download it wants to put useless junk on my computer like file converters.  I just want the mod and I'm willing to contribute to lefuneste but this other stuff is foolishness.  I've tried a dozen times and no joy. - Never mind.  It seems persistence paid off.  It finally worked.

Edited by TP_Sparky

9 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Where is this file located?

In ShaderFixes

14 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

@lefuneste how to get rid of the masking in the different zoom settings? I tried high numbers (10 and 100), but didn't get rid of the masking.

Try low numbers:  0.5 for example. And set Xoffset for target to 1.0.

1 minute ago, lefuneste said:

ok thanks!

On 1/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, lefuneste said:

@lefuneste

hey, man, thanks for the continuing updates and work you're doing! I'm back to using your mod with VivePro (stopped at v7.5) since I noticed pretty much no impact to the performance with v10. Excellent!

Quick question:  with 10.5 when I enable the IPD modifier (for scale correction in vivepro) there's a visible 'haziness' or almost like a layer of film that can be seen on the horizon. It goes away when I turn off the ipd modifier. I suspect it's something to do with the 'effect' you mentioned above. Haven't tried the 10.6 yet, wondering if it improves on this effect...

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I tried different setttings both with Xoffset and the w values, but values didn't change anything, tried below and above 1, very low and very high numbers, end result was always the same. Is there a way to completely get rid of the masking? Otherwise i'll just install an older version of the Migoto App...