lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Ok so on 10.1 still getting issues even with cloud fix off

Map is Moscow autumn

Plane I16

Settings on high preset, high shadows HDR SSAO on 2xAA

Here's images, the weird thing is it seemed to be working just fine and then it does this at certain points when turning to move the shadows over place of the clouds, it would even work sometimes, I have no idea what was going on at least I got some images, seems the very dark shadows are blocking out clouds still when in zoom. But there were even parts blocking out clouds from shadows I couldn't even see like on the nose of the plane. This also changed with altitude where above the clouds it was much worse.

https://imgur.com/ERMAhWO

https://imgur.com/vdaInkk

https://imgur.com/KfomaHv

https://imgur.com/9LlYLB4

https://imgur.com/4HMxi17

There's like a round mask following the contour of the nose of the plane blocking out clouds on zoom, but some of the shadows were also doing it. I had just flown for like an hour prior to this mission and didn't notice anything wrong, haven't been having any issues with it then it started just now and I haven't changed anything at all.

BIG EDIT:

So I uninstalled the mod through the .bat uninstaller that's provided with the mod, then reinstalled it. Problems are gone. Make sure if you've ever used the mod before to run that uninstaller, may be leaving behind something that's causing the issues, I went back to the same map with the same plane and didn't see any problems. This is with the cloud fix off again.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Im in 10.1 and I have had problems with cloud I career , but I set a O to the cloudfix 

And when I start Ill2 there's a conflict shaders 

But when I play I don't notice big problems , and the small I maybe not see 🤔

Those messages are because you have an older version of the mod also installed. If you want to fix it, use the uninstall.bat that comes with the mod, then install from the zip file. If it's working for you currently, though, maybe just leave it alone if you are happy.

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Those messages are because you have an older version of the mod also installed. If you want to fix it, use the uninstall.bat that comes with the mod, then install from the zip file. If it's working for you currently, though, maybe just leave it alone if you are happy.

I also have the conflict shader message and in-game there is some fractal graphical weirdness going on.  Last night it was fine, today it is not.  The only change I made today was reducing the Steam VR application resolution to 100%.

I have tried all methods of deleting the old version and using the new via OvGME, clouds fix on and off and the only thing that gets the message coming up is when the 10.1 version is activated.

Any ideas?

von Tom

2 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

I also have the conflict shader message and in-game there is some fractal graphical weirdness going on.  Last night it was fine, today it is not.  The only change I made today was reducing the Steam VR application resolution to 100%.

I have tried all methods of deleting the old version and using the new via OvGME, clouds fix on and off and the only thing that gets the message coming up is when the 10.1 version is activated.

Any ideas?

von Tom

Yes as described use the .bat uninstaller that's in the bin/game folder, it comes with the mod, do not use the mod activator to disable the mod it's not removing it properly.

1 minute ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Yes as described use the .bat uninstaller that's in the bin/game folder, it comes with the mod, do not use the mod activator to disable the mod it's not removing it properly.

Disabled in OvGME then ran uninstaller then deleted the folder from my Mods folder.

Second time ran the uninstaller first then deleted but did not touch OvGME.

Then tried with and without vr_settings enabled.  Made sure all settings were as they were last night (when it worked without problems).

As far as I can tell it all runs absolutely fine until I enable 10.1.  What gets me is that it ran flawlessly last night.

von Tom

2 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

Disabled in OvGME then ran uninstaller then deleted the folder from my Mods folder.

Second time ran the uninstaller first then deleted but did not touch OvGME.

Then tried with and without vr_settings enabled.  Made sure all settings were as they were last night (when it worked without problems).

As far as I can tell it all runs absolutely fine until I enable 10.1.  What gets me is that it ran flawlessly last night.

von Tom

Seems like a lot of unnecessary steps, just run the uninstaller, don't have to delete anything. Enable the mod with the mod manager, open the dx.ini file in the game folder and disable the cloud fix, should absolutely work.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

14 minutes ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Seems like a lot of unnecessary steps, just run the uninstaller, don't have to delete anything. Enable the mod with the mod manager, open the dx.ini file in the game folder and disable the cloud fix, should absolutely work.

Tried the cloud fix.  That doesn't prevent the shader conflict message or the oddities in game.

I still struggle to get over the fact that it was flawless last night but now it isn't.

von Tom

My zoom settings are totally off with 10.1. I'm wondering why no one reported this since as far as I see my settings are the defaults in the d3dx.ini file. Maybe it's something on my end.

When zooming the left and right images are way too far away from each other.

@lefuneste, is there a way to play with the settings while the game is running instead of what I do? >> Modify and save d3dx >> start game >> test >> exit game >> modify d3dx >> and so on.

Thanks a lot as always.

Alonzo - I use the OvGME , and there I have non- select the 10.0 and then  select 10.1 

U mean I have to uninstall too ???? 

9E76A6F7-941E-4AEA-8314-E29B15D14EE9.jpeg

Edited by Sire

On 11/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, 1./JG26_crane said:

Hi lefuneste,

clean installed 10.0, flew above clouds, can confirm flyus747 cloud glitch when zoomed in.

Also showing cockpit shadows projected on clouds when zoom not active.

Using oculus CV1.

Keep up the good work!

FIXED. no more issues with 10.1

I uninstalled the mod using uninstall.bat and recopied the files. Now it's working.

I have to mention that I uninstalled the previous version using the uninstall.bat too.

So if you have issues with cloud glitches or cocpit shadows projecting on clouds, simply try uninstalling via .bat and recopying the files into the game directory.

37 minutes ago, Sire said:

Alonzo - I use the OvGME , and there I have non- select the 10.0 and then  select 10.1 

I'm sorry, I don't know about OvGME. Maybe the other posts in this thread can help you. Sorry!

1 hour ago, 1./JG26_crane said:

FIXED. no more issues with 10.1

I uninstalled the mod using uninstall.bat and recopied the files. Now it's working.

I have to mention that I uninstalled the previous version using the uninstall.bat too.

So if you have issues with cloud glitches or cocpit shadows projecting on clouds, simply try uninstalling via .bat and recopying the files into the game directory.

Yeah this seems to be the fix. People are getting conflicts. Either with messy installs or other issues.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

9E76A6F7-941E-4AEA-8314-E29B15D14EE9.jpeg

You need to go into the bin/game folder, run the uninstaller.bat and then reapply the mod, then disable the cloud fix. Should work.

Want to notify that the mod is still not working, I don't know if this is a moscow only thing or something I'll have to do more testing, seems to be, but on moscow once you go in or above the clouds the same thing that happens with the cloud fix enabled happens even when its off. This is only in or above the clouds, the mods working when below. There's like a mask around the plane and it blocks the clouds out, you can't see it when in normal view but only zoomed in, if you need to see what it looks like just turn the cloud fix on thats the same thing. It's usable. But its not fixed. I can try 10.2 on moscow to see if it works. The only problem with that one was the smoke was all messed up. Smokes fine in 10.1. I will do some more testing.

Yeah seems above the clouds just aint working, it's weird man, I don't even know what or how you do this so I can only help so much. This I believe is also on all maps.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

Well slightly off the topic of the cloud issue... has anyone figured out a process to customize the y6 value for the zoom? I just got an odyssey plus, and now none of the configured zoom settings work without using it one-eyed. I have tried going up and down and all around on that setting and it just always looks off. Anyone figured out the secret sauce?

I am in the same boat as SCG_Wulfe. Just switched from Lenovo to Odyssey+. I am having  a hard time understanding how to adjust the images. Can someone 1) give some instructions beyond those on page 1 on how to do this or, amazingly 2) give some settings for the zoom levels for the Odyssey+.

If the images seem skewed horizontally, I assume we use y6. But, when should we make a negative number and when should we make a positive? I am unsure how to either bring the images together. For example, on low medium zoom, when looking at a waypoint marker, they left and right images appear separated by a slim margin. To bring them together, should I do a negative number to y6 or a positive?

Thanks

Edited by redcloud111

This is what the different values do:

w = amount of zoom

y6 = horizontal convergence (IPD)

y7 = zoom vertical alignment (in case the zoom view is shifted to left or right)

x7 = Distance between the two mask circles (does not affect IPD, only what is masked on the screen)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for confirming Black_Sab. That was what I understood them to be. Is there any process or way to confirm decision making you have found to begin to move things in the right direction? I've tried moving things up and down and it always just looks similarly wrong and cross eyed or something. I've tried opening and closing each eye to see what each eye is looking at, and all that I seem to be able to tell is that my right eye seems to be looking further to the left and my left eye seems to be looking further to the right. However drastic moves up and down on the y6 value doesn't seem to change this relationship. Has anyone come up with a scientific process for this?

14 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Thanks for confirming Black_Sab. That was what I understood them to be. Is there any process or way to confirm decision making you have found to begin to move things in the right direction? I've tried moving things up and down and it always just looks similarly wrong and cross eyed or something. I've tried opening and closing each eye to see what each eye is looking at, and all that I seem to be able to tell is that my right eye seems to be looking further to the left and my left eye seems to be looking further to the right. However drastic moves up and down on the y6 value doesn't seem to change this relationship. Has anyone come up with a scientific process for this?

There is not. At first use the method of post 1 to set permanently zoom at the factor you want to tune. Then focus on an object relatively far. You should notice if the object is outside its "target" position (that is too much to the left for left eye and too much to the right for right eye) or inside its target position. Then try to change the y6 value, press F10 and see the change.  Try to use current default value and add or substract half the value. But it will take some times and some trial. The most important thing is to be able to see the change between previous and new value, so you must press F10 with the helmet on. One y6 right, you may fix y7.

What you can also do is to remove mask at first (that is increasing its size) to focus just on image. 

• Upvote 1

Black Slab and Lefuneste.

Please forgive my ignorance. But for y6 and convergence, how does this get affected by the value 0.00? I am not sure if there's some technical information I don't know, but I am at a loss as to what y6 = 1.00 does of -1.00. Can you clarify?

For example, does -1.00 decrease the space between the images?

Thanks!

Edited by redcloud111

57 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

There is not. At first use the method of post 1 to set permanently zoom at the factor you want to tune. Then focus on an object relatively far. You should notice if the object is outside its "target" position (that is too much to the left for left eye and too much to the right for right eye) or inside its target position. Then try to change the y6 value, press F10 and see the change.  Try to use current default value and add or substract half the value. But it will take some times and some trial. The most important thing is to be able to see the change between previous and new value, so you must press F10 with the helmet on. One y6 right, you may fix y7.

What you can also do is to remove mask at first (that is increasing its size) to focus just on image. 

Thanks Lefuneste, 

I will give this another shot tonight. If I figure it out I will let you know redcloud111. From what I understand after talking to Fenris, the lower the value the more the image will spread between eyes and the higher the value the more it will bring the images together. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe

Is it possible that it's the icon masking that is messing up the clouds? It seems like the mask around the plane to hide icons from showing is just not lining up with the actual plane and this is what's causing the clouds to get messed up by this mask? It just gets messed up once you go into or above the clouds. It's not a shadow from the plane it's like there is a mask that should be moved onto the plane, it's just misplaced. I tried shutting off icon masking but had no luck getting rid of it.

1 hour ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Is it possible that it's the icon masking that is messing up the clouds? It seems like the mask around the plane to hide icons from showing is just not lining up with the actual plane and this is what's causing the clouds to get messed up by this mask? It just gets messed up once you go into or above the clouds. It's not a shadow from the plane it's like there is a mask that should be moved onto the plane, it's just misplaced. I tried shutting off icon masking but had no luck getting rid of it.

Did you read my explanations ?

5 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Did you read my explanations ?

Yeah that's definitely the issue, maybe it's because my desktop reprojection size is at 21:9? Could that be the reason it is off? I'll try changing the res to a 16:9 resolutoion and see if that does anything. But yeah that's exactly whats going on, and for the record I am running a perfectly clean install of 10.1 and having the issue so I dunno what I can do to solve it.

Changing the resolution didn't really do anything besides move the area around thats blocking the clouds out. Even after reading what you said I am unsure of what I need to do to fix the issue. This is only when zooming too. If I turn cloud fix on then yeah it's constantly there.

If you take the 9.8 ini file and place it with 10.1 it works but my vision is crossed. But there is no problems with the clouds being blocked out. So whatever happened in the ini between 9.8 and 10.1 broke the zoom. Again the zoom works if you are below the clouds. I am now using 10.1 with the 9.8 dx.ini file and just need to get it to stop going cross eyed. But this does fix the issue. So maybe check out 9.8 DX.ini and see what changed.

Can you list the settings you are using? Are you using AA?

I am uninstalling the game and starting with a fresh install to seeif that helps.

Fresh install still don't work. Don't know what to do at this point. Only thing that got me was somehow the chaperone circle is now reappearing again.

Ok so I've tried basically everything. 10.1 with cloud fix off works under clouds and then it breaks when going through them. There is no fix I can see, tried about 50 different things. Using the 9.8 ini file fixes it but the zoom is all misaligned and I can't get it to not look either cross eyed or not, so just have to deal with it till you figure something out. AA has zero effect. I can't get any cleaner then a fresh install and directly applying the mod with no mod manager. 

Edited by 392FS_Jred

8 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Black Slab and Lefuneste.

Please forgive my ignorance. But for y6 and convergence, how does this get affected by the value 0.00? I am not sure if there's some technical information I don't know, but I am at a loss as to what y6 = 1.00 does of -1.00. Can you clarify?

For example, does -1.00 decrease the space between the images?

Thanks!

Ok redcloud111, I figured it out, I feel pretty silly. 

the ' ; '  in front of the settings acts to deactivate the line/make it an ignored line. So by default, the only zoom lines that are active are the ones listed under the rift. 

Fenris OG Odyssey settings are just about perfect. 

Copy and paste the following settings in and remove all the lines in between for other HMDs for cleanliness sake.  See the attached screenshot for reference to what it should look like in file. 

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
; Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
; Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_SCROLL
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
; Odyssey+ Settings
 y6 = 0.75
 x7 = 0.0
 y7 = 0.25

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
; Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
; Key = no_alt shift no_ctrl VK_PAUSE
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
type = hold
w = 5.0
; Odyssey+ Settings
 y6 = 0.35
 x7 = 0.0
 y7 = 0.11

odyssey+settings.JPG

Edited by SCG_Wulfe

SCG. Thanks. Great job! Both of your high and med settings work for me too. I was aware of the semicolon function, as well as using f10 to refresh the .ini.

BTW, did low zoom work for you with all settings at zero? Take a closer look when using low zoom; do you have a slight momentary lack of equilibrium? I think my eyes sense this but then adjust with a tiny bit of cross eye that is barely noticeable.

For low zoom I simply made a minor change that removes the problem:

y6 = 0.05
x7 = 0.0
y7 = 0.0

Anyway, I can confirm these work for the Samsung Odyssey+. We should ask for someone else to confirm, and then lefuneste should add it to the mod instructions.

Also, I am insanely blown away by the Odyssey+ on Il2 and DCS. Much, much better than my Lenovo.

Edited by redcloud111
remove word

Glad to hear it works for you. These are actually Fenris settings linked to in the first post that he uses for the og odyssey.

I didn’t mess with the low zoom as I feel the in game vr zoom fulfills that function.

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Thanks 1

New tentative that may fix cloud problems :  http://www.mediafire.com/file/usbj54196m36utc/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_10.4.zip Can anyone test it ?

Warning : I made a new directory "user_settings" with 2 files : user_var_initialization.ini and user_keymapping.ini. They contain all settings you may want to modify, as described in first post, so there is no more need to modify d3dx.ini.

sorry guys , 

I have mod working , but can not sort out the zoom , and running on a vive and now matter what settings I try to input i keep getting double vision 

anyone explain to me in really really simple speak as what I need to change to make it work , and stop me from being sick 

many thanks

38 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

New tentative that may fix cloud problems :  http://www.mediafire.com/file/usbj54196m36utc/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_10.4.zip Can anyone test it ?

Warning : I made a new directory "user_settings" with 2 files : user_var_initialization.ini and user_keymapping.ini. They contain all settings you may want to modify, as described in first post, so there is no more need to modify d3dx.ini.

I will give it a shot bud, been pulling my hair out trying to get it working right. It is not unusable at the moment, but being in the clouds means your getting messed up zoom so I'll see what happens. Fingers are crossed.

Same problem, getting the mask still when inside clouds, above and below it doesn't happen its the same as 10.1. Also the zoom for the rift is not lined up properly in this 10.4. Sun of a gun. Like I said placing the 9.8 ini file in 10.1 solves the issue, not sure what that means to you. But I can't get the zoom lined up with that ini file. Just gunna stick with 10.1 for now. Hoping you figure something out.

If it helps any it seemed the mask moved closer to over the plane with this 10.4. It's just not there yet. This is with bf-109 g14, happens with all planes though on all maps when in clouds.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

I totally rework the process of handling shift and zoom in the mod. It should make thing more robust. I also move user settings out of d3dx.ini, so you SHOULD NO MORE MODIFY OR MIX D3DX.INI. The first post is updated.

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf : could you update your post to take into account this version  ? It should be easier for you, now.

Thanks for testing and reporting bugs, but only if

• You have no modified anything except files in users_settings
  • You give me elements to reproduce, ideally a track
  • You confirm that the problem is when zooming or with normal view, in VR or in 2D.

Of course, you can also report that it works ! 😀

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

I totally rework the process of handling shift and zoom in the mod. It should make thing more robust. I also move user settings out of d3dx.ini, so you SHOULD NO MORE MODIFY OR MIX D3DX.INI. The first post is updated.

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf : could you update your post to take into account this version  ? It should be easier for you, now.

Thanks for testing and reporting bugs, but only if

• You have no modified anything except files in users_settings
  • You give me elements to reproduce, ideally a track
  • You confirm that the problem is when zooming or with normal view, in VR or in 2D.

Of course, you can also report that it works ! 😀

I understand what you are saying I have tried both 10.1 and 10.4 without messing with anything or interchanging any files, they don't work still. Don't know how I can be any more clear. All I said was that after finding out niether works still I tried messing around with the files.

This is a fresh install of 10.4 Zoom is broken on rift, and the bug persists, can't be more clear. Every plane, every map, when in clouds it is broken. Images as followed. This is in VR with the rift. I had to edit the user settings to make it use the rift settings it is defaulted for pimax thats why the images didn't line up, but with cloud fix on or off the issue persists. It's still broken.

0pq8rmN.png

C3B0VH3.png

SshYYAB.png

I'd love to see somebody posting screens of using the zoom while in clouds and not getting this bug. If anyone has the mod working can you please post a screen of you in a cloud while zooming and having no problems.

More screens of 10.4 fresh install not working, rift 2xAA high preset high shadows, high clouds, the works. This version is much worse than 10.1 is, you can see the outlines all over even above and below the clouds. 10.1 is much better.

B3rfWXE.png

DoOFisJ.png

C4qmVx9.png

t9xM3FI.png

Edited by 392FS_Jred

Did a quick test and everything works for me, no issues.   And the new files are much more user friendly.   Thanks for all the  work lenfuneste in fixing this! 

1 minute ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Did a quick test and everything works for me, no issues.   And the new files are much more user friendly.   Thanks for all the  work lenfuneste in fixing this! 

Can you please fly into a cloud and use the zoom? Zooming works when above or below clouds not in them.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

2 minutes ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Just did that and didn't see any issues with zooming in clouds.

Are you in vr? If so what headset? Because it's just not working here, fresh install of the game 10.4 zooms broken in the clouds theres shadows all aroudn the plane and you can see right through the clouds.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

10.5 fixed the cloud issue. No more cut-outs. Zooming in and around the clouds causes no issues. Thanks, man!

(in VR, using Odyssey)

Edited by 9./JG54Kirin

10.5?

17 minutes ago, 9./JG54Kirin said:

10.5 fixed the cloud issue. No more cut-outs. Zooming in and around the clouds causes no issues. Thanks, man!

(in VR, using Odyssey)

10.5 which I didn't know was out is indeed working. Thank you so much. Thought I was taking crazy pills.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

On 12/1/2018 at 12:09 PM, megger40 said:

sorry guys , 

I have mod working , but can not sort out the zoom , and running on a vive and now matter what settings I try to input i keep getting double vision 

anyone explain to me in really really simple speak as what I need to change to make it work , and stop me from being sick 

many thanks

Hi megger40.

I'm a Vive user too and i've been using this mod for a long time.All Zoom settings are individual for each person as our eyes are all different IPD.

Try these settings if your IPD is low around 60. If your IPD is alot higher these settings wont work for you.

[Key2]
;set  zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DOWN
type = hold
w = 3
;common settings
x6 = 0.05
y6 = 0.05
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.0

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
w = 5.0
x6 = 0.1
y6 = 0.1
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.05 

@lefuneste

Please update my Vive settings in the .ini files as they are well out of date since the 3.0x updates.

My current zoom settings are:

Wraith's Zoom settings for VIVE - Only useful for IPD of around 60mm

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
type = hold
w = 10.0

x6 = 0.5
y6 = 0.5
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.1