c6_lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

4 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

There are a lot of glitches for high angles, this is why I provide default values for 20° only. Can you check if the problem exists also for low angles ?

I was running the mod at 15 degrees (am now using 22 degrees) but even at 15 there are artifacts. If you look behind, then hold the angle button, everything is fine, but if you hold the button and rotate your head back towards the front of the cockpit, you'll see the game filling in render tiles. I don't think this is something that is fixable, it's just how the game optimizes what to render.

If you just use the angle button for a quick check on 6, then let go of it, you won't see too many artifacts.

19 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

I was running the mod at 15 degrees (am now using 22 degrees) but even at 15 there are artifacts. If you look behind, then hold the angle button, everything is fine, but if you hold the button and rotate your head back towards the front of the cockpit, you'll see the game filling in render tiles. I don't think this is something that is fixable, it's just how the game optimizes what to render.

If you just use the angle button for a quick check on 6, then let go of it, you won't see too many artifacts.

well, this feature is just to help to quick check your six. As it displays the limit of FoV, glitch are likely to apear and can not be fixed...

On 12/11/2019 at 1:39 AM, c6_lefuneste said:

Uninstall, check that all is clean, install again.

This worked, although the reinstall was kind of a nightmare.  I thought restoring my input directory would do the trick but IL remapped its labels for some of the joystick axes and device numbers, which took me a whole evening to properly restore. 

I think my original problem was due to a dirty initial setup of Generic Mod Enabler; I think the pristine snapshot was actually reverting to old versions of the 3Dmigoto software rather than to a clean version of the game.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Lefuneste. Yes, you are correct. The 15 degrees causes no strange banding. Truth be told, I will stick with 30, even with the banding. I really like the extra visibility with less neck strain!

Hi there,

First of all thanks for this great mod :)

I'm currently running V14.1 that was packaged with Rift-S presets and I need to upgrade to V15. Is there a Rift-S specific package somewhere with good default presets that I can just use to upgrade the mod? I can't find the link of the presets anymore.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Gordon, yes, lefuneste will be keenly aware of this, as he always is. He tends to address the issues at the end of the week. He will probably announce when we can expect a fix.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering, maybe the devs could implement this mod into the official updates. Without this mod vr users handicapped.

Edited by airsheep_VR

Using this in 2D and it works great with instrument panel references as is.

GREAT MOD! Thank you VERY MUCH for your efforts!😄

3 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Update 4.003 has broken this mod.

Just in time for the holidays.

Ugh that is surprising considering nothing in the patch notes makes any mention of any graphical changes save for the following which I didn't think had anything to do with rendering of in-game graphics:

All aircraft GUI previews updated to have a similar style;

Makes me wonder what undocumented features were included in this patch?

I'll have a look, I hope I'll upload a new version for the end of the week end. Fortunately I wont leave for hollydays this week end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

This time it killed the zoom completely for me.  Only ingame vr zoom works now.  I’m sorry for the friendly fire in advance y’all, I’m on an oculus CV1, so this mod was the only way I could pos ID at distance.

I feel better reading this as I thought I had ruined my game by updating without removing the mod... Is this how I should have done it?

I have now removed and will wait for the update 👍🏻

• Like 1

Same here for the zoom on a Rift S using the latest 16.0 Version.
It does zoom zoom but only the "HUD Icons" and "gunsight" reflection. 

I notice that after the update,  the zoom seems to work on the background when looking at the sky,  but not 3d items/objects.

Edited by flynvrtd

10 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Update 4.003 has broken this mod.

Just in time for the holidays.

Yup. I just installed this yesterday and was in 7th heaven for a whole day and today... small update to IL2 and it no longer works. Big sad face. 

-Sully 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Badders46_VR said:

I feel better reading this as I thought I had ruined my game by updating without removing the mod... Is this how I should have done it?

All you need do is deactivate the mod (all mods actually) using JSGME before updating. Once the update is completed you can reactivate mods and you should be good to go.

2 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

All you need do is deactivate the mod (all mods actually) using JSGME before updating. Once the update is completed you can reactivate mods and you should be good to go.

Just to clarify... the “update” you are referencing is to 3dMigoto and not the new version of the IL2 client, right?

3 hours ago, QB.Creep said:

Just to clarify... the “update” you are referencing is to 3dMigoto and not the new version of the IL2 client, right?

You should deactivate all mods before updating the game client or the mod itself.

10 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

You should deactivate all mods before updating the game client or the mod itself.

Whoops! This I didn't do... Is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game? It doesn't seem to have had an impact as I was flying online last night but just to be sure?

28 minutes ago, Badders46_VR said:

Whoops! This I didn't do... Is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game? It doesn't seem to have had an impact as I was flying online last night but just to be sure?

Do not worry if it didn't effect your game. I suggest the procedure as a precaution because you never know what the developers have altered. 

Just went into TAW and forgot about the update. Sat on runway and realized no flying for me ... my pilot returned to his trench in the ground to sleep the day away while VVS bombs smashed craters in the AF. He will wait patiently, of course ...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Just went into TAW and forgot about the update. Sat on runway and realized no flying for me ... my pilot returned to his trench in the ground to sleep the day away while VVS bombs smashed craters in the AF. He will wait patiently, of course ...

a new pair of glasses will come for your pilot soon ahah

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:00 AM, Gordon200 said:

Gordon, since I'm running on Steam it did automaticly update the game. Alredy tried to deactivate the mod with the JSGME and actived back again and did not fix the problem any ideas? 

1 hour ago, Dark_Jak said:

Gordon, since I'm running on Steam it did automaticly update the game. Alredy tried to deactivate the mod with the JSGME and actived back again and did not fix the problem any ideas? 

We'll have to wait for c6_lefuneste for a fix. Steam auto update can be a pain like this at times. I've been constantly caught by it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KreamSickle said:

We'll have to wait for c6_lefuneste for a fix. Steam auto update can be a pain like this at times. I've been constantly caught by it.

Remember that you can set individual games to only update when you launch them in Steam. I do this for any game that I mod, to make sure that I can remove the mods before patches are installed. I think this is potentially quite important for IL-2 because I recently had a lot of graphical issues which weren't fixed until I reinstalled the whole game. Pretty sure this happened because I accidentally installed a patch with mods installed.

• Upvote 1

I do not think Lefunestes mod interfere with any of game files. Every time after update I still have old Migoto until a new comes. I backup my settings (everything what I edited), and then click uninstall.bat - it removes Migoto. Then install new version mod, and fiddle with settings again. When done, I backup it again, just in case :)

I personally don't even uninstall it until the new version comes out. I just stop using my zoom commands (aside from the in-game one).

Once the update comes out, I use uninstall.bat and install the new one, and it works (uninstall.bat does not delete your settings, so they're intact when you install the new version).

The uninstall executable was deleting things in the past it wasn't supposed to, it's been fixed already. So that's fine. Now all crossing fingers for the next version🤞😶🤞

6 hours ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I personally don't even uninstall it until the new version comes out. I just stop using my zoom commands (aside from the in-game one).

Once the update comes out, I use uninstall.bat and install the new one, and it works (uninstall.bat does not delete your settings, so they're intact when you install the new version).

Same. Never had an issue.

This update just broke the mod is all.

Doesn't matter if it's disabled or not. It all depends on what the developers released in the update.

Probably something with the way the mod calls files and when they're updated the mod has to be re-compiled with the new files to work properly.

I use OVGME to install and uninstall. Works perfectly. Also, at the top of Fenris's thread, he lists the files that you need to make sure are removed before you install any new version:

The old folders to delete: AddOn, ReplacementTextures, shaderCache, ShaderFixes, users_settings

The old files to delete: d3d11.dll, d3dcompiter_46.dll, d3dx.ini, d3dx_user.ini, nvapi64.dll, uninstall.bat

Version 17.0 available in first post. As usual when the mod is broken, I did not spend too much time to test it.

Warning : it includes the new zoom help screen and the new sight strenght so  all user*.ini files have changed. If you are using files of version prior to 16.0 you must replace your files by the new ones and update them with your settings.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, c6_lefuneste said:

Version 17.0 available in first post. As usual when the mod is broken, I did not spend too much time to test it.

Warning : it includes the new zoom help screen and the new sight strenght so  all user*.ini files have changed. If you are using files of version prior to 16.0 you must replace your files by the new ones and update them with your settings.

This is why I donate. It's not much, but I must show my appreciation for the hard work lefuneste puts in to keep the VR users in the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@c6_lefuneste one more thing, it is clearly visible with smallest zoom: chat text (left) and engine technochat (right) booth with zoom go in opposite way. Just look on text, then lowest zoom, and text will on left eye go right, and on right eye goes left (opposite).

Edited by Brzi_Joe