c6_lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Looking forward to fly in Il2 again. Your mod is a must have for me to enjoy flying online. Thank you lefuneste! 

10 hours ago, DELTA111 said:

That update seems to have disabled the ability to switch with the mod.

I was not aware of that, I'll have a look.

Edited by lefuneste

16 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I had a version that seems ok, but I still had  to check last things.

I fixed bugs with stars and moon halo, me 262 sight airframe (I think I forgot it in last mod version...), need to check rising sun and try to adap Lizlemon fix for color banding, I found them too much visible yet, unlike previously.

They changed the way they are handling dither with the new patch. There seems to be a pass that goes over everything now instead of just a dither pass on the skydome. However they are still using the same bayer pattern for dither which is not good for handling banding. So the texture injection still works it just has to be for shader; = 6ae64b06cfc393e9. Still slot t1 and the same has for the resource - so all you should have to change is the shader hash.

However this might be a better approach;

4320643_ditherextreme.thumb.jpg.785ba57e2f97196321a0b45fbded2e99.jpg

The settings its at right now is probably too noisy for some. A nice plus of this method is that it can be user configurable.

Also does anyone care about this?

1344776509_treeslight.thumb.jpg.eac6acc753f577fe67f0a0c19ab4de70.jpg

banding fix release.zip

Edited by LizLemon
  • Like 4

S! 

Lefuneste and LizLemon make excellent mods. A bit OT maybe, but can anything be done to the apparent "film" that covers cockpit windows? It makes graphics look like crap in twilight conditions(banding, color distortion, pixelation..u name it) and is visible in lighted conditions as well. 

2 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Lefuneste and LizLemon make excellent mods. A bit OT maybe, but can anything be done to the apparent "film" that covers cockpit windows? It makes graphics look like crap in twilight conditions(banding, color distortion, pixelation..u name it) and is visible in lighted conditions as well. 

Either alter the glass textures for each plane or mess with the shader that controls cockpit glass.

2 hours ago, LizLemon said:

So the texture injection still works it just has to be for shader; = 6ae64b06cfc393e9. Still slot t1 and the same has for the resource - so all you should have to change is the shader hash.

The settings its at right now is probably too noisy for some. A nice plus of this method is that it can be user configurable.

Thanks !

Just to be sure:

Either I update the same fix than before or I add a new one (zip file)  and a way to tune it by adding one or more variable in "LizLemon.ini" file in the LizLemon mod of the mod ?

In this case, which values in 88aca06c3986e1a6 should be modified for which effect ?

And sorry to be dummy, but what did you show in the last picture ? Can't you have it by playing with saturation and mult. and add. factor of the mod ?

Edited by lefuneste

They use to do a dither pass on the skydome, now they are doing a dither pass on the entire framebuffer. it might be best to just bypass that dither pass altogether and use my fix that applies dither to only the skydome.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last part. There are comments on what each variable does, although they are a bit hard to understand if you don't know what they mean. I'd say just try playing the game with that 88ac.. shader open in notepad and change the variables while playing. Then reload to see the effect each one has. They basically are - amount of grain, black level for grain and how many steps. How much of each a player may want will come down to how their display is calibrated and what sort of tolerance they have for noise.

That last pic doesnt do anything with color/sat/exp. Its done by changing the shaders for the trees so they actually have noticeable lighting during sunrise/sunset.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what you mean by that last part.

They basically are - amount of grain, black level for grain and how many steps.

I was meaning "what is in zip file".

So I keep only this part, let the previous shader as it is now and add variable for : "amount of grain", "black level for grain" and "how many steps".

That last pic doesnt do anything with color/sat/exp. Its done by changing the shaders for the trees so they actually have noticeable lighting during sunrise/sunset.

As there was not the same global brightness between left and right part of the images, I did not notice the effect on trees...

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

I was meaning "what is in zip file".

So I keep only this part, let the previous shader as it is now and add variable for : "amount of grain", "black level for grain" and "how many steps".

As there was not the same global brightness between left and right part of the images, I did not notice the effect on trees...

Just use the shader I included as a replacement, like it is now.

First post updated with the 15.0 version. I did not find the time to test LizLemon band fix, so I just add a link to his post in the "customization" section.

@DELTA111 : icon masking is no more made by my mod, but by the game now (except for nav icons).

Test on "fortress on the volga", 1st mission, first 30 seconds

with 3dmigoto Avg: 68.733 - Min: 57 - Max: 74

without 3dmigoto Avg: 71.433 - Min: 60 - Max: 77

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Thanks lefuneste! If you get the chance, could you tell me how to update the mod from the old version without overwriting our settings? If we don't use JSGME? Could I just copy/paste and overwrite, except for the user_settings folder?

Edited by TheWarsimmer

6 hours ago, TheWarsimmer said:

Thanks lefuneste! If you get the chance, could you tell me how to update the mod from the old version without overwriting our settings? If we don't use JSGME? Could I just copy/paste and overwrite, except for the user_settings folder?

All your zoom convergence settings are kept without doing anything.

For keymapping and other settings, you can backup your user*.ini files, install the mod and restore the user* files. I did not modify them in this version (no new feature).

Just keep d3dx.ini as provided.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic lefuneste, thank you very much.

Have you seen the notes in the newest dev update? It seems that the team is working to implement a cloud fix.

7 minutes ago, ACG_crane said:

Fantastic lefuneste, thank you very much.

Have you seen the notes in the newest dev update? It seems that the team is working to implement a cloud fix.

Yes, I stopped to work on the cloud fix part because of that.

I found nice feature of this mod, you can click left/right 30deg shift in hangar also, and look on your plane in a little bit different perspective :)

@lefuneste

thank again!  👍

btw: link to peregrine color saturation post is IMHO one page off (12 vs 11)

Hey, Lefuneste. I noticed some dancing shadows today. They only happen when close to the ground. I am adding a track that is short. You can see them while on the runway, with high and medium zoom. And then after I take off and bank, you can see them bouncing around the forests with the same zooms.

This was Rheinland in the summer.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this.

Keep up the great work!

freeflight.2019-11-19_22-09-08_00.trk.txt

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

29 minutes ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Hey, Lefuneste. I noticed some dancing shadows today. They only happen when close to the ground. I am adding a track that is short. You can see them while on the runway, with high and medium zoom. And then after I take off and bank, you can see them bouncing around the forests with the same zooms.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Mmm I am seeing through the clouds, I will update bacause I feel dirty

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, SCG_redcloud111 said:

This was Rheinland in the summer.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this.

Sorry, I can not load the track in IL2. Seems you forgot to add the associated directory...

I installed 15 with JSGME and as far as I can tell, it's not working at all -- keys are unresponsive. The files are where they should be. I'm running through Quest Link. 

Any troubleshooting steps I can take? 

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Sorry, I can not load the track in IL2. Seems you forgot to add the associated directory...

Sorry. I have never used tracks before ... i  have now compressed both the .trk and the sub directory. Let me know if this is not sufficient.

Tracks.zip

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

12 hours ago, verblox said:

I installed 15 with JSGME and as far as I can tell, it's not working at all -- keys are unresponsive. The files are where they should be. I'm running through Quest Link. 

Any troubleshooting steps I can take? 

check if you have at least d3dx.ini and shaderFixes directory in the same place than il2.exe.

Can someone tell me what parameter should I change to eliminate double vision from the high zoom, please? I am using Rift CV1.

I downloaded the settings for Rift CV1 posted by SCG_Fenris_Wolf but the high zoom still does not look right. Actually it looks exactly as the original one.

Edited by marklar

1 hour ago, marklar said:

Can someone tell me what parameter should I change to eliminate double vision from the high zoom, please? I am using Rift CV1.

I downloaded the settings for Rift CV1 posted by SCG_Fenris_Wolf but the high zoom still does not look right. Actually it looks exactly as the original one.

The only way that I know how to do this is to adjust it little by little while sitting in the cockpit of a plane, preferably on the ground. Note that it is quite tedious to do this. At first you may think that the adjustment is not working - just keep pressing the keys over and over until you see it come into focus. I like to sit on the ground and focus on the antennae of a control tower while adjusting this. I am copy/pasting from the first page of this thread:

• to increase/decrease global convergence for a zoom level :
    press and maintain zoom key (PRIOR, HOME or INSERT)
    press multiple time Lshift+PAGE DOWN or Lshift+END key
  • to move up/down zoomed view :
    press and maintain zoom key (PRIOR, HOME or INSERT)
    press multiple time LCTRL+PAGE DOWNT or LCTRL+END key
Edited by QB.Creep
  • Thanks 1

It worked, thanks! I tried it before but as you said I could not see any changes while pressing Lshift+END/PDown. Today instead of looking through goggles I took them off and watched the mirrored screen on the monitor. This way I could see picture shifting with every button press.

• Upvote 1

19.11.2019 в 14:20, E69_Qpassa_VR сказал:

Mmm I am seeing through the clouds, I will update bacause I feel dirty

Same thing. I noticesd it happening when flying on about clouds elevation (or just above clouds) while using 20 degree enhancer to check six.

Edited by =LwS=Balapan

11 hours ago, lefuneste said:

check if you have at least d3dx.ini and shaderFixes directory in the same place than il2.exe.

Oops. Look like I moved IL2 to the SDD but Steam left a copy on the HDD, where I've been installing all this stuff. Thanks for the tip!

On 11/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, LizLemon said:

They changed the way they are handling dither with the new patch. There seems to be a pass that goes over everything now instead of just a dither pass on the skydome. However they are still using the same bayer pattern for dither which is not good for handling banding. So the texture injection still works it just has to be for shader; = 6ae64b06cfc393e9. Still slot t1 and the same has for the resource - so all you should have to change is the shader hash.

banding fix release.zip 3.64 kB · 25 downloads

Have you uploaded that tree fix anywhere? Looks fantastic!

On 11/21/2019 at 4:11 AM, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Sorry. I have never used tracks before ... i  have now compressed both the .trk and the sub directory. Let me know if this is not sufficient.

I was able to play the track but did not see a problem...What are your graphics settings ?

I am using a Pimax 5k+, normal FOV. No parallel projections. I am using Fenris' .ini file. My changes to it were to add the extreme clouds. When I sit in the cockpit and use the zoom, the trees jump up and move around as I move my head. When in the air, shadows dance. Truth be told, last night I was in TAW for several hours and don't remember seeing the problem. I will test again later in Quick Match in a number of different maps and let you know.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, LizLemon said:

banding fix release.zip 3.64 kB · 30 downloads

of course!

...at least I do. 🙂

screenshots look very very nice

please, a small kick for dummies:  how to use it? simple copying both files into  "...\bin\game\ShaderFixes\"    seems to be not working

On 11/14/2019 at 4:04 AM, LizLemon said:

Can you make this mod usable without 3Dmigoto?

• Upvote 1