c6_lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

9 hours ago, dog1 said:

Sub : ZOOM

hello 

My objective is Zoom only . I use HTC VIVE VR with Samsung lenses . I installed the JSGME in the game folder which creates the MOD folder .In that i dropped the MOD and  renamed ZOOM  and activated the mod in JSGME . My questions are as follows . I read you activate the 3 zoom levels with the keypad ins Home and Page up but in game you dont see the keypad , can they be moved to the HOTAS ? if so how since they dont exist in the game  settings .  

activated.jpg

of course they can - use your joystick's profiler software, or a program called joy2key.

Edited by [_FLAPS_]Dirt_Merchant
clarity.

can anyone explain me how to correct Pimax 5k zoom settings ? as I see double image when zooming in  ver 14 or 14.1,

@lefuneste you have Pimax on board, can you expain me how you did double vision correction in new vers. of your mod ? or send me please your setting file. Thank you :)

Edited by TWHYata_PL

There are so many annoying issues in this game. Trees are virtually unlit when the sun is at a low angle, like so;

rtwew.thumb.png.ee10dae51636e1bfeb52ebd8c723fd2d.png

I'm guessing that they have done this to hide the fact that trees aren't self shadowing. The downside is they all look like green blobs until near mid-day. Changing things isn't too hard to do but adding self shadowing for trees will probably be rather hard and time consuming (plus a big perf hit)

trees.thumb.png.d8d0594e48da3a7f775aac2e19cc476b.png

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 3:25 AM, LizLemon said:

Very simple mod that clamps the star size. This prevents them from appearing/disappearing as the camera moves. The downside is the lower magnitude stars are now more visible, but I don't think this is much of a problem as light pollution was pretty much non-existent on most of the maps.

480203700_starcompare.thumb.png.325979e95d005e884cfb6ca9a8b6dfba.png

1263066920_ju87night.thumb.png.0aca0266dbd82255c836a8aa2951fe1b.png

Just drop the text file in the shaderfixes folder

ad7e74c46d4f1dcd-vs.zip 2 kB · 2 downloads

Is this for VR only?

On 10/28/2019 at 5:26 AM, LizLemon said:

All I've done is change a few lines in the vertex shaders that control how large the drawn geometry of the sun/glow/lens flare is. I calculated that the apparent size of the sun/moon in game is roughly 1.5 degrees when it should be just over 0.5. Nothing has been removed, no textures have been replaced.

Here is an archive with the 3 edited shaders;

migoto sun size.zip 5.73 kB · 11 downloads

Right now I haven't gotten the moon scaled right. The game is doing some more complicated things to simulate the phases of the moon. Injecting a replacement texture might work but I'll spend some more time on trying with the shader later.

Attempted to run this by dropping the three text files into the shaderfixes folder but received a "conflicting shaders" error message from 3dmigoto when launching the game.

Is this the correct procedure?

@TWHYata_PL

首先按住你要放大的倍數(例如HOME)必須在按住的狀態下進行調整

再用左側shift+END or PD調整左右重合

如果放大時無法對準目標則使用左側CRTIL+END or PD調整上下

“最後F12保存!非常重要”

英文翻譯機翻譯不出好的語句

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

Attempted to run this by dropping the three text files into the shaderfixes folder but received a "conflicting shaders" error message from 3dmigoto when launching the game.

Is this the correct procedure?

Hello, I did not have time to check if this modification is compatible with my mod, but that means that either  you wont have zoom, or the effect wont be modified for these shaders...

Hi. Great MOD. Having huge troubles setting up zoom features though. Whatever I do I cannot get the zoom settings to move 'up' Holding down the zoom (HOME) key whilst repeatedly pressing Left CTL + Page Down I can clearly see the setting having an effect and the view moving 'down' but holding the zoom (HOME) whilst repeatedly pressing Left CTRL + End and absolutely nothing happens at all. 

I'm not having issues with the Windows ease of access or sticky commands & I've tried different keyboards as well as uninstalling & re installing the mod but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get a working set of zoom settings that I could save.

Edited by GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk

While messing around with fixing the high-alt clouds, like so;

635246965_cirrusclouds.thumb.jpg.3a55f7c0e5585a532a069c78982d566d.jpg

I realized that it is very easy to make the clouds color dependent om the sun, ie having different colors at sunrise. Keep in mind this is exaggerated with a sharp transition to make it more noticeable. I'm also lazy and don't feel like sticking a panorama together.

250161235_highaltclouds.thumb.jpg.90c1967813158db6d902027bb1a7b5d9.jpg

Now I'm thinking of actually bump mapping the clouds. For some reason they are already set up that way but its not taken advantage of.

And a side diversion. I decided to see if I could do dof fog in this game. It was piss easy to implement. For normal flying the difference is subtle. (and again this is somewhat exaggerated)

388458737_dof2.thumb.jpg.b15cb0cf508c6ee47ff50ac321aad95f.jpg

But in the rain it helps quite a bit in the illusion of actual volume.

563777509_doffogstal.thumb.jpg.f4b95d006d95d7cc84d353c7ea45d809.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LizLemon said:

While messing around with fixing the high-alt clouds, like so;

635246965_cirrusclouds.thumb.jpg.3a55f7c0e5585a532a069c78982d566d.jpg

I realized that it is very easy to make the clouds color dependent om the sun, ie having different colors at sunrise. Keep in mind this is exaggerated with a sharp transition to make it more noticeable. I'm also lazy and don't feel like sticking a panorama together.

250161235_highaltclouds.thumb.jpg.90c1967813158db6d902027bb1a7b5d9.jpg

Now I'm thinking of actually bump mapping the clouds. For some reason they are already set up that way but its not taken advantage of.

And a side diversion. I decided to see if I could do dof fog in this game. It was piss easy to implement. For normal flying the difference is subtle. (and again this is somewhat exaggerated)

388458737_dof2.thumb.jpg.b15cb0cf508c6ee47ff50ac321aad95f.jpg

But in the rain it helps quite a bit in the illusion of actual volume.

563777509_doffogstal.thumb.jpg.f4b95d006d95d7cc84d353c7ea45d809.jpg

There's very little you can't get this game engine to do if you put in the effort, I've certainly been able to generate some great looking sunrises/sunsets by varying the way you illuminate the clouds, whilst the fog effects are pretty much a standard part of the sky.ini files that seems under utilised by the devs...

It's all fun and games tinkering with the myriad things that combine to create the look of the natural world in this sim, there's just a lot of patient work to keep things balanced as every time you tweak one thing it impacts upon so many others.

Edited by HappyHaddock

On 11/1/2019 at 11:09 PM, TWHYata_PL said:

can anyone explain me how to correct Pimax 5k zoom settings ? as I see double image when zooming in  ver 14 or 14.1,

@lefuneste you have Pimax on board, can you expain me how you did double vision correction in new vers. of your mod ? or send me please your setting file. Thank you :)

Did you see there ?

I can post my settings (not today I do not have access to my PC) but they are for low fov...Otherwise, see explanation in first post. That's not so complicated, just key to press...

On 11/5/2019 at 12:37 AM, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

Hi. Great MOD. Having huge troubles setting up zoom features though. Whatever I do I cannot get the zoom settings to move 'up' Holding down the zoom (HOME) key whilst repeatedly pressing Left CTL + Page Down I can clearly see the setting having an effect and the view moving 'down' but holding the zoom (HOME) whilst repeatedly pressing Left CTRL + End and absolutely nothing happens at all. 

I'm not having issues with the Windows ease of access or sticky commands & I've tried different keyboards as well as uninstalling & re installing the mod but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get a working set of zoom settings that I could save.

Try right ctrl or change convergence at first (increase/reduce) before trying to move up or down view.

Previous version of the mod was bugged and needed to use conv. settings at first in order to modify other settings. It should work now by default, but who knows...

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@lefuneste , or anyone with knowledge about this.  I have a Pimax 8K using the Normal FOV.  Yesterday I downloaded SCG_Ferris_Wolf's 3Dmigoto for Pimax.  I was able to adjust the global convergence for the Low and Middle zoom levels getting a nice clear view however the images for the Large zoom only comes together so far and then stops.   Any ideas why 2 out of 3 would work?

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

50 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

The release of Bodenplatte today broke the mod.

Sorry guys, but as I won't be at home this week end, I fear that I won't be able to fix the mod before the week end of the 16...

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Broke how? No zoom?

It is back to the way it was after the last IL2 update. Objects in the background are enlarged but the background itself remains the same.

It will be fixed but Lefuneste can't get to it until Nov 16.

• Like 1

even in broken form it still works to ID the planes, i.e. the airframe isn't affected, etc. The ground objects/clouds - that's what's broken. But it's still useful for the planes. :)

• Upvote 1

for me I have a massive performance loss in VR with the new release as well, hoping for an update as this mod really evens the playing field online for VR users

Edited by capt_nasties
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, capt_nasties said:

for me I have a massive performance loss in VR with the new release as well, hoping for an update as this mod really evens the playing field online for VR users

Take a look if you accidently have set clouds to extreme, or ultra settings in general. Set the settings to High, then you won't be affected.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:22 AM, lefuneste said:

Sorry guys, but as I won't be at home this week end, I fear that I won't be able to fix the mod before the week end of the 16...

All good mate, ID'ing aircraft works, it's the clouds and ground detail that doesn't zoom with the new mod.

Edited by StG77_Darbzy

23 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Take a look if you accidently have set clouds to extreme, or ultra settings in general. Set the settings to High, then you won't be affected.

interesting, I run balanced, tested with clouds on high and medium and had FPS issues.  un installed 3d and it seemed to fix it, but I will play around with trying the high preset and report back.  

Edited by capt_nasties

After the update a fresh install of 14.1 doesn't work. No zoom, color correction, gun sight, etc.

I may try going back to an earlier version to see if it's across the board, but for now I can't get 14.1 to work with Bodenplatte at all.

Just wanted to give some more info.

I'm using JSGME for with the mods folder for reference.

Edit:  After testing with 13.1 I am getting the same results as everyone else. Zoom seems to kind of work to ID planes, but the ground is unaffected. Sky, Sun, planes, and gun sight will zoom correctly.

Edited by KreamSickle

17 hours ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

ID'ing aircraft works, it's the clouds and ground detail that doesn't zoom with the new mod.

For me the convergence and aim are completely messed up. I also see stripes 1km wide running across the landscape (especially over water in Kuban) like the panels are sewn together with the mod activated.

55 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

For me the convergence and aim are completely messed up. I also see stripes 1km wide running across the landscape (especially over water in Kuban) like the panels are sewn together with the mod activated.

Yeah I've been trying to set up zoom after turning on 13.1 and you're right. I can't get convergence to work either.

I can move the zoomed in picture left, right, up, and down, but no convergence on zoom or un-zoomed.

• Like 1

As Count_de_Money stated, zoom is partially broken, you can still see land and planes correct. It is not working for clouds and buildings. Go to fast mission, set enemy plane 1-2km in front of you, pause game and adopt convergence while looking on enemy plane.

I am able to play like this. 

I managed to have a look this evening, it looks like all shaders that need custom modification are the same, except propeller and cloud (for which I disabled the fix for the moment). So it may go faster than I though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

The amount of time and work you put into this mod, the corrections after updates, is much appreciated. It's ththe best vr mod out there and you have kept it going through everything. Thank you.

I had a version that seems ok, but I still had  to check last things.

I fixed bugs with stars and moon halo, me 262 sight airframe (I think I forgot it in last mod version...), need to check rising sun and try to adap Lizlemon fix for color banding, I found them too much visible yet, unlike previously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks lefuneste for your great mod. When you work on the mod to correct it for Boddenplatte it would be great if you could make the object marker icons so that they are able to be key switched to be visible through the airframe again. After that has been changed in the update 3.201 that they are not visible through the airframe. That update seems to have disabled the ability to switch with the mod.