lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

Currently I am trying to set right values for pimax 5k+ wide fov, and I can not do it. When press "med zoom level" and "left shift" and either "end" (-) or "page down" (+), there is no way to find right convergence. With (-) left and right picture should be closer and closer, and with (+) they should be more separated. But it is not so in my case; with (-) booth pictures go left, and with (+) booth go right.

What did I wrong?

PS; CWO_JRB expained that better, it is same issue

I found strange bug; Migoto zoom does not work in garage! (bug description is in quoted post)

I could go out in fast mission, and set right zoom values (even if I could not save that, as F12 is not working). Later I go back to garage, and suddently zoom is again broken. Going again for another mission - zoom again works.

HINT: do not try to adjust zoom in garage, not even a bit, it must be done outside, on any mission or map!!!

edit: pimax 5k+, without paralel projections, big fov

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Upvote 1

@lefuneste, thank you for updating the mod!  The old settings from the previous versions worked fine..

As far as the mod itself there's an internal cockpit shader that pops in and out. I think it's a sun reflection or something similar, it's all over the plane's dashboard...

@lefuneste, thank you for your help.
The convergence problem was on my end, actually there was no problem at all.

Like Brzi_Joe said, zoom just doesn't work properly in garage(main menu).
It works just fine once you are in cockpit. :)

3 hours ago, moosya said:

@lefuneste, thank you for updating the mod!  The old settings from the previous versions worked fine..

As far as the mod itself there's an internal cockpit shader that pops in and out. I think it's a sun reflection or something similar, it's all over the plane's dashboard...

can you post a track ?

3 hours ago, CWO_JRB said:

Like Brzi_Joe said, zoom just doesn't work properly in garage(main menu).

Yes, the shader in garage are not the same. Moreover, you can not see farther anough to calibrage zoom. I will add something in first post to explain not to use hangar view.

Posted (edited)

Finnaly, the convergence values for all 3 zoom levels, for Pimax 5k+, paralel projections disabled, large fov:

global persist $zoomXoffsetLow = 0.217999846
global persist $zoomXoffsetMed = 1.70450997
global persist $zoomXoffsetHigh = 3.87649131

edit: F12 saved it in d3dx_user.ini, (not in user_keymapping_zoom.ini.toPlay)!

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Upvote 1

lefuneste I must say your zoom is excellent.

With the enhanced visibility option enabled, while with regular zoom sometimes distant planes get smaller, with your zoom everything remains perfectly consistent.

I really don't understand what prevents the developers to adopt your system...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Lefuneste. I also spent a half hour in the garage trying to adjust convergences. A note might be helpful. Thanks!

Garage does not use same shaders as regular game. Try sitting on the runway instead.

22 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Lefuneste. I also spent a half hour in the garage trying to adjust convergences. A note might be helpful. Thanks!

I added a phrase in the first post, customization section, this week end.

As I flew last evening I found some bugs : some shadow on  ground, part of plane wrongly brightenend with sun glare, lines on sea with IPD modifier/zoom. I'll try to fix them when possible.

Posted (edited)

Hello guys sorry for whining but could any1 check if this part is working for him?

-----------------------------
; Color changes
;-----------------------------
[ResourceColorChange]
type = StructuredBuffer
array = 1
data = R32_FLOAT +0.00 +1.20 +0.00 +0.00 +1.0 +0.00 +0.00 +1.00 +0.20 +0.00 +1.00 +0.00
;                                 ^Cockpit 1      ^       |^External 1     ^|   ^Cockpit 2      ^|^External 2     ^
;                Add    Mul   Sat   Add    Mul   Sat  Add    Mul   Sat   Add    Mul   Sat
;                 New color.RGB = oldColor.RGB*(Mul,Mul,Mul) + RGB(Add,Add, Add) + Sat.RGB

I am 2d user and I want to have cockpit brighter by 20% but the outside world without change. Tried many combinations and it seems the only working solution changes everything not just cockpit. Any1 can share good setting for this I am unable to get this working. Other funcions of the mod are working for me but this just drives me crazy,  it was working some versions ago I am sure but now it just changes everything not just cockpit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by JG700_Benek

17 hours ago, JG700_Benek said:

Hello guys sorry for whining but could any1 check if this part is working for him?

-----------------------------
; Color changes
;-----------------------------
[ResourceColorChange]
type = StructuredBuffer
array = 1
data = R32_FLOAT +0.00 +1.20 +0.00 +0.00 +1.0 +0.00 +0.00 +1.00 +0.20 +0.00 +1.00 +0.00
;                                 ^Cockpit 1      ^       |^External 1     ^|   ^Cockpit 2      ^|^External 2     ^
;                Add    Mul   Sat   Add    Mul   Sat  Add    Mul   Sat   Add    Mul   Sat
;                 New color.RGB = oldColor.RGB*(Mul,Mul,Mul) + RGB(Add,Add, Add) + Sat.RGB

I am 2d user and I want to have cockpit brighter by 20% but the outside world without change. Tried many combinations and it seems the only working solution changes everything not just cockpit. Any1 can share good setting for this I am unable to get this working. Other funcions of the mod are working for me but this just drives me crazy,  it was working some versions ago I am sure but now it just changes everything not just cockpit. Thanks in advance for any help.

It may be linked to one of the problem I wrote above. Wait a new version that I will release once I found how to fix the last #?& problem with the water.

new version 14.1 : bug fixes : color fix not working, lines on sea, shadow on ground, sun halo on dashboard or plane parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

Hello, can anybody please give me instruction on how to map look 20 degrees left and right using joy to key so I can use my joystick. I know that the “end” key and “page dn” key is used on a keyboard and I know how to map a key to a joystick using “joy to key” programme. But my “end” and “pg dn” share keys on a number pad, 1 and 3 respectively. I understand turning num lock off is involved, but am not quite sure on the exact instructions to assign. Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, ZiggyBClark said:

Hello, can anybody please give me instruction on how to map look 20 degrees left and right using joy to key so I can use my joystick. I know that the “end” key and “page dn” key is used on a keyboard and I know how to map a key to a joystick using “joy to key” programme. But my “end” and “pg dn” share keys on a number pad, 1 and 3 respectively. I understand turning num lock off is involved, but am not quite sure on the exact instructions to assign. Thanks in advance.

It's been many years since I used JoyToKey, but I don't think it matters how your keyboard works. You just set a joystick button to produce a keystroke and it will do it. You're not touching the keyboard so it doesn't matter about num lock or whatever else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Hi, is the w6 variable now unused? For example, I seen a post instructing to increase contrast by changing w6 to 1.1, but seems the saturation effects are applied differently now? I guess what I am asking is, how can I achieve the effect of increased contrast similar to w6 = 1.1 with the new user settings system? Cheers

On 10/13/2019 at 6:43 AM, ZiggyBClark said:

Ziggi, on numpad keyboard there are mostly doubled keys. Like you said key Numpad 1 is same as "End". Switch key for first or second is "Num" - it is top left key on that little numpad keyboard.

Go to joy2key, chose your jostick key (doubleclick it), then press your "END" key - it will say END in proper box. If instead END there is "1", then press once "Num", and then try again.

2 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

Ziggi, on numpad keyboard there are mostly doubled keys. Like you said key Numpad 1 is same as "End". Switch key for first or second is "Num" - it is top left key on that little numpad keyboard.

Go to joy2key, chose your jostick key (doubleclick it), then press your "END" key - it will say END in proper box. If instead END there is "1", then press once "Num", and then try again.

Hi Brzi, thanks for the assistance. I have it working now. I needed to simultaneously push Num Lock and 1/End key precisely until End comes up in the Joy to key edit. Takes a bit of fiddling to get it right, but once done is done. Cheers.

5 hours ago, squidboi said:

Hi, is the w6 variable now unused? For example, I seen a post instructing to increase contrast by changing w6 to 1.1, but seems the saturation effects are applied differently now? I guess what I am asking is, how can I achieve the effect of increased contrast similar to w6 = 1.1 with the new user settings system? Cheers

w6  should no more be used. See "customization" section of 1st post, it is explained where to modify color (saturation brightness,...) for cockpit and outside.

9 hours ago, lefuneste said:

w6  should no more be used. See "customization" section of 1st post, it is explained where to modify color (saturation brightness,...) for cockpit and outside.

What is the equivalent setting for changing settings in order to achieve the same effect as w6=1.1? 

In very old version of the mod, you had new color = saturated color * w6 + z6

Now (as written in post 1)

step 1 new color = saturation change for standard output (x1)
step 2 : new color = saturated color *mul  + add

with "mul" and "add" defined for cockpit and external in 2 different settings

• Upvote 1

When I zoom in with 5x zoom, I have to tilt my head to actually look at what I was zooming at.. I tried using the ctrl + end and ctrl + pg down to move up and down the view, but i did not see any effect no matter how many times I mashed these keys. any suggestion?

What is the difference/purpose of .forSettings and .toPlay file for these settings? I assume one is able to be accessed while in game or something like that, but it would help if a more precise explanation were provided, the same with a lot of your explanations in the OP, I have to read multiple times to understand the concept...

So far, I'm finding it easiest to adjust these settings in the cockpit of the bf109. Just going autolevel, look out at the pitot tube and zoom. If I have a double image, adjust convergence as necessary. Seems to also work with the up/down I think... 

Edited by squidboi

Did you use left control? I didn't need that, so I am not sure if left one is mandatory.  And it is better to look on something far away when adjusting. You will be later zooming mostly on distant planes, or zones, so adjust it to be natural for +1km or more.

edit: hold low zoom button+L.ctrl+rapidly pg.down or end. For low zoom is eazyest. For highest zoom you need several hunderts clicks if you don't switch on coarse mode.

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Upvote 1

My settup doesn't allow to throw my head to neck or to reasonably turn around in my chair to check my six.

(chair can't turn, does press you into position and has also a very high necksupport, changing chair isn't an option either)

is it possible that you can mod a keybind for VR users to turn around? like you can with TackIR?

I guess it must be possible since you can change the positioning of those zooms.

@lefuneste