lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

You modified the files in the source mod directory.

Maybe it's a stupid question, but did you install them in the game as described in first post ?

Lefuneste  

Im not sure what you mean about first post .... I have used 3Dmigoto for a long time , and was the rift1 I had before I now have Reverb  - and that was fine and no problem 

I Use Jsgme , and when I look in the official game bos/bin/game/user settings - the file is changed there too , but I see not in the game 

so .................................................. 

I see your problem.

Some version ago, I introduced the "persist" option that allows the change of variable with keys, as described in first post of this thread.

This allow you to deploy new version without loosing your previous settings.

Last version on variables are stores in d3dx_user.ini file.

So press ctrl + alt + F12 to whipe your last settings ans load defaults from .ini files.

71st - so on ' , thank you very much for the reverb zoom info ....they are spot on for me 😁🤗

And Lefuneste - thank you too 👍

Well , I made it copy/paste to the d3dx user file and now it's working 😁

( And after that I noticed - my f tast has 2 functions , so I had to make it to f12 and not print .... But that's life .......and me .....🥴

Men , endnu engang  - Mange tak 👍😁

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

Just to confirm: this zoom feature is definitely messed up by the new update. I believe we'll need an updated version.

Can confirm.

1 minute ago, ike212 said:

Any one also having a problem with gunsights after the update?

Not on gunsights, just zoom at the moment

18 minutes ago, =BES=Savage-6 said:

Not on gunsights, just zoom at the moment

strange mine are all gone.

1 minute ago, ike212 said:

strange mine are all gone.

Might have to use the key binding (I forget what it is for the reticle) to scroll through to what you need. Try both in-game key bindings and the mod key binding.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, =BES=Savage-6 said:

Might have to use the key binding (I forget what it is for the reticle) to scroll through to what you need. Try both in-game key bindings and the mod key binding.

you were right, must have accidentally clicked Shift K.

Hey Mate, 

I've got the same issue, gunsights aren't working so far either, have tried the shift+k and it didn't work. It'll probably be fixed with the newest version when it's released, in the meantime it looks like it's back to the mk1 eyeball until then.

Is the gunsight problem related to 3dMigito mod so i can uninstall it temporarily? 
Or is is it a bug

I didn't have a problem with the gunsight, but the zoom isn't working. I tried to flip back to the VR zoom and my god is it awful. When I zoom in, distant contacts get smaller lol. I am blind as a bat until an update comes hehe.

Gunsight problem here too. Disabled 3Dmigoto and all gunsights came back, re-enabled it and all disappeared again. No problems with VR zoom though.

Try to suppress the 8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt and e0722181ad930257-ps_replace.txt files in  shaderfixes in order to get back the gunsight with the 3.201 version.

But there will be other glitches, I need to spend some time on the mod to ensure that all will be OK.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Cheers Lefuneste, my zoom and gunsights aren’t working either. I appreciate your hard work! 👍

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

Gunsight problem here too. Disabled 3Dmigoto and all gunsights came back, re-enabled it and all disappeared again. No problems with VR zoom though.

What version of the mod do you use?

In what version zoom works with parallel projection unchecked?

Edited by P_Gora

Please check the masking of the icons too. Thanks

LALT + K
That is what brought my gunsight back.

Zoom is broken though

Posted (edited)

Yep @lefuneste, I can't thank you enough for the hard work you do to keep this mod functional with the game. I flew around last night and while I felt like I could see a whole new world of contacts with the spotting range increase, I felt blind as a bat using the in-game zoom. Dove on multiple friendlies only to realize just before opening up on them, didn't call a six on my wingman because I assumed it was our other flight member.... I didn't realize how much I relied on having this zoom to be competent.

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, moosya said:

@lefuneste we're all eagerly waiting for you to bring back the much needed Zen to our happy VR zoom Mu Shu Palace..! 😄

We are indeed!

Feel the positive vibes we are sending you, @lefuneste. Our hopes and dreams are with you!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Please check the masking of the icons too. Thanks

Just confirming that this function isn't working since the patch. I read the patch notes as having implemented this in the game itself, but I suppose they must mean that world objects block the markers instead. They're still not blocked by the cockpit. No issues with the gunsight yet, and I don't use zoom so can't comment on that.

Keep up the good work mate, and thanks for the work so far. This mod was a game changer for me. :good:

1 hour ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Hell this mod has helped me out so much in VR that I'd like to know where to make a monetary donation. Haha

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Followed lefuneste's advice and suppressed those two files (8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt and e0722181ad930257-ps_replace.txt), gunsight is back cheers mate :) 👌

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =RS=Hjortr said:

Followed lefuneste's advice and suppressed those two files (8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt and e0722181ad930257-ps_replace.txt), gunsight is back cheers mate :) 👌

Sorry guys, I'm a retard, and I was at school before computing was taught. When you say 'suppress' these files, do you mean delete them? I've done a google search on 'suppressing' text files but nothing useful came up.

If I can get my gunsight back then I can play again and will then just have to wait for the zoom fix.

Edited by StG77_Darbzy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

Sorry guys, I'm a retard, and I was at school before computing was taught. When you say 'suppress' these files, do you mean delete them? I've done a google search on 'suppressing' text files but nothing useful came up.

If I can get my gunsight back then I can play again and will then just have to wait for the zoom fix.

Yes delete them. Maybe a wrong french to english translation...

Regarding the patreon thing, I'm still not doing the mod for money and you should wait the last version for donation, if you want to pay one.

Of course, it shows that the mod is important for you, but who knows, there may be new features that I wont be able to fix.

For the moment most of old manually fixed shader are still here, but I still did not finish to setup a version to test. I do not have so much free time  at this moment...

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

Yes delete them. Maybe a wrong french to english translation...

Regarding the patreon thing, I'm still not doing the mod for money and you should wait the last version for donation, if you want to pay one.

Of course, it shows that the mod is important for you, but who knows, there may be new features that I wont be able to fix.

For the moment most of old manually fixed shader are still here, but I still did not finish to setup a version to test. I do not have so much free time  at this moment...

Thanks mate, I owe you for the time I've already used your mod so I don't mind donating regardless.

I made a donation as well - the game is nearly unplayable for me in VR without @lefuneste's mod. I can spot contacts very far away, but I cannot tell what they are until I am on top of them. I would encourage others that rely on this functionality to donate as well!

https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• Like 2

So i'm using 13.1.1 and all i had to do was LALT + K to get my gunsight back.... Why is it that some have to suppress those files and I don't? 

*Confused*, am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, Gamble said:

So i'm using 13.1.1 and all i had to do was LALT + K to get my gunsight back.... Why is it that some have to suppress those files and I don't? 

*Confused*, am I missing something? 

It is logical because one default setting is the standard sight. But some may have modified  default settings, so removing sight shaders will ensure at 100% that it will work.

Thanks for your hard work. Just donated. 

Based on last BOS update, the viewing distance is amazing. Plus 5X and 10X zoom would be super helpful. Just want to know it is possible to get VR zoom back in the next 3Dmigoto update. 

Thanks again