Jump to content
lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Recommended Posts

On 7/27/2019 at 5:37 PM, oho said:

I can't rise the view up when I zoom in, so it's very difficult to keep track of enemy planes. I tried Ctrl-Left + Home + End and Ctrl-Left + Home + Page-Down and the same with Ctrl-Right instead of Ctrl-Left but all didn't shift the position up.

Lefuneste, please can you check and explain which combination shifts the view up?

 

Same here. I pushed LCtrl+End or Page Down several times (hundreds) without any effect. Tried with RCtrl too.

 

I also tried to manually write this value in the user_keymapping_zoom.ini file to extreme values and no change in game (was testing with med zoom)

 

image.png.5f20850f54f503fcb8c3a1dae6fa74a1.png:

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How to set my personal default values for the mod?

 

I tried to change variable values in user_var_initialization.ini e.g. x1 = 2 (color fix) or y4 = 0.5 (map brightness)

but when I start the game there are original default values e.g. x1 = 0 or y4 = 1.0 and I have to use corresponding hotkeys to change it to desired values...

What do I miss?

THX

 

EDIT: my fault, default values works like expected

Edited by Tapi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ive searched through the thread but for the life of me I cant find how to enable the IPD fix so its set to "on" in any ini file etc.

 

Can a wise sould direct me as to how to do it?

Edited by OrLoK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

Ive searched through the thread but for the life of me I cant find how to enable the IPD fix so its set to "on" in any ini file etc.

 

Can a wise sould direct me as to how to do it?

For me works lefuneste's mod and LALT + DEL but there are no predefined variables in the user_var_initialization.ini so I do not know if it is possible the second value set as default.

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh, yes i use LALT + DEL.

 

Lets hope a setting is added in the future :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 12:33 PM, HunDread said:

 

Same here. I pushed LCtrl+End or Page Down several times (hundreds) without any effect. Tried with RCtrl too.

 

I also tried to manually write this value in the user_keymapping_zoom.ini file to extreme values and no change in game (was testing with med zoom):

  

 

Hello,

I checked again on my PC, all control are working as explained in the first post.  Maybe you can try RCTRL, it looks like the left/right usage is depending on user PC...Of course you are doing that with the corresponding zoom key pressed ?

The user_keymapping_zoom.ini  file contain default values for first installation. Then current settings are in d3dx_user.ini.

Did you have a look here ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New version to test : http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcy4px25002otb6/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_13.2_PP.zip/file

This one is just allowing Pimax 5K/8K users (like me) to not use Parallel Projection with IL2BoS.

I made quick testings, it seems to work...but I'm not totally satisfied yet with the settings. Something is still not perfect in perspective...

Can some of you have a look and give me feedback ? It should be possible to play with IPD like feature and angle to find a better setting.

Maybe it's placebo, but I found image clearer and there is no more distorsions at the edge of FoV. Fps are higher, too.

 

By default PP fix is off, you'll have to press LSHIFT+F1 to toggle between different fix settings.

The settings are in user_keymapping.ini file, under [Keyj] section. I will not maintain all of them, only the one who will have a good feedback.

The values $cosProj and $sinProj are cos() and sin() values of the angle of  screens (theorically). I put values for 7° to 9.5 °, the higher they are the worse the display is, from my point of view.  Maybe we should try lower values, after all, but that will not be in accordance with Pimax screen angle ?

The value $labelProj is used to compute an offset for "false" 3D object that have no depth coordinate, like labels/icons, flare, sun,....It should be different for each settings, but I did take the time to tune it for each angle value.

[Keyj]
; test PP fix
Key = SHIFT no_alt no_ctrl F1
type = cycle
; 7°, 7.5°, 8°, 8.5°, 9°, 9.5°, no PP
$cosProj = 0.992546152, 0.9909832, 0.990268069, 0.989015863, 0.987688341, 0.986285602, 1
$sinProj = 0.121869343, 0.133986185, 0.139173101, 0.147809411, 0.156434465, 0.165047606, 0
$labelProj = 16.2, 16.2, 16.2, 16.2, 16.2, 16.2, 0.0

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

New version to test : http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcy4px25002otb6/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_13.2_PP.zip/file

This one is just allowing Pimax 5K/8K users (like me) to not use Parallel Projection with IL2BoS.

I made quick testings, it seems to work...but I'm not totally satisfied yet with the settings. Something is still not perfect in perspective...

 

.

.

.

 

Thanks for your feedback.

 

I tested it with both normal and large FOV.  None of the default settings (LShift+F1) looks well for me. I would like to fine tune them on-the-fly.  Like the fine tune on the zoom.

Also, black (well, non aligned) mirrors, missing horizon, shadows and textures with artifacts... Not usable for now, at least for me.

Using latest Pitool, latest drivers, etc...

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, E69_Luke said:

 

I tested it with both normal and large FOV.  None of the default settings (LShift+F1) looks well for me. I would like to fine tune them on-the-fly.  Like the fine tune on the zoom.

Also, black (well, non aligned) mirrors, missing horizon, shadows and textures with artifacts... Not usable for now, at least for me.

Using latest Pitool, latest drivers, etc...

 

Thanks. 

I forgot the mirror...It will be hard to fix them.

So it was a try.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 6:33 AM, HunDread said:

 

Same here. I pushed LCtrl+End or Page Down several times (hundreds) without any effect. Tried with RCtrl too.

 

I also tried to manually write this value in the user_keymapping_zoom.ini file to extreme values and no change in game (was testing with med zoom)

 

image.png.5f20850f54f503fcb8c3a1dae6fa74a1.png:

  

same here, the zooms always focus down from the center so I have to rise my head and fiddle around to try and spot. LCtrl or RCtrl are useless but LShift and LAlt work fine for the other adjustments. Really odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, Luriael said:

same here, the zooms always focus down from the center so I have to rise my head and fiddle around to try and spot. LCtrl or RCtrl are useless but LShift and LAlt work fine for the other adjustments. Really odd. 

 

Can you try with this user_keymapping_zoom.ini file ?

user_keymapping_zoom.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the color change.How do I make it work?

I am not that much of a programmer.

Is this something that can be transferred?

Like someone sharing their settings and sending the file or posting it here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 2:14 AM, lefuneste said:

Can you try with this user_keymapping_zoom.ini file ?

 

I tried the .ini and LCtrl is still dead though the focus of the zoom is a bit closer to the center... especially with the 5x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luriael said:

I tried the .ini and LCtrl is still dead though the focus of the zoom is a bit closer to the center... especially with the 5x

Did you try right control key ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 6:12 AM, lefuneste said:

Did you try right control key ?

Once again sorry for the belated reply but nothing happens. What do I need to change in which .ini to do it manually? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Luriael said:

Once again sorry for the belated reply but nothing happens. What do I need to change in which .ini to do it manually? 

 

You can modify d3dx_user.ini  but have a look here :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ResourceSightStrenght]
type = StructuredBuffer
array = 1
data = R32_FLOAT +1.00 +0.05 +1.00 +0.05 +0.05 +0.05
;                ^ndef ^Ru   ^Ge   ^Us   ^It   ^Eng 
;     (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)

 

Is the part above working in 2d?

 

I am unable to get anything other then default crosshair or very bright one modded one (+0.05) any other input doesn't seem to work. Please advice what is the exact number to enter if I would like the crosshair halfway between +0.05 and 1.00. Is it 0.3, 3 or 3.00 or 30 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking this out for the first time for 2 things in particular - cloud fix on Low and Balanced and removal of Parallel Projections for PImax Headsets.

 

INitial in menu test with Parallel Projection compatibility off good with 3 to 4 taps on the F1 key combo.  Will test later in flight.

 

Is there any option to reduce smoke density like there is in PWCG?  One can tune smoke so it still looks good and voluminous in PWCG but without the frame rate hit that default smoke has.  Have to have a look into settings available.  Is there an updated command / options list?

 

Thanks for your work anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@lefuneste

Some initial thoughts.

 

Only was interested in the PP fix for Pimax 8K, clouds fix (for Low and Balanced Il2 Graphics Settings), and Sun not showing through cockpit frame.

 

Ok, tested at PiTool 1 FFR=off both Large and Normal FOV, SteamVR 100%/100%

and

PiTool 1.5, FFR=Aggressive, both Large and Normal FOV, SteamVR 100%/100% Il2 Low.

 

Performance improved, also better clarity of VR world.

 

3D effect = World Scale is small, what can be edited to increase it?  Cockpit, Wings, On ground objects, flying low over towns or in formation - way to small.

 

When looking Left eye to the Right or Right eye to the Left out the cockpit, the center vertical is clipped and you notice it with clouds.  Also weird zigzag on walls of hangar when doing the same.

 

Weird shadows on the ground.

 

Is there a way to just have the canted screen values without any other geometric or IPD alteration with this Mod?  Would just love to test the 7.5 degree offset with standard Il2 VR settings.

 

It was stable with Large FOV, FFR Aggressive and PiTool 1.5 for 2 tested career missions, 1 over Stalingrad and the other over the Kuban. 

 

It's a great proof of concept though and seemed to work well with FFR on my Pimax 8K whilst adding better visual clarity.

 

Spose I have to delve into the d3dx.ini file

Edited by blitze
Updated info and attention of Lefuneste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting the same graphical errors with my Lenovo explorer that have been mentioned around version 12.1 in this thread - when zoomed ground shaders follow view and  contrails and smoke are misplaced. Is there a fix for this or the reason for this issue is unknown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

For the color change.How do I make it work?

I am not that much of a programmer.

Is this something that can be transferred?

Like someone sharing their settings and sending the file or posting it here?

 

You can set it up at the very end of the  [....]\users_settings\user_var_initialization.ini file

 

You can set up two set of colour settings. Both consisting of 1 cockpit and 1 external settings. This means you can set up different settings for in-cockpit and externals within the same set which is pretty cool. So red below is my 1st set, blue is my 2nd set.

 

Within each set you modify the three values (Add/Mul/Sat). Add and Mul are kind of contrast and gamma settings. By experience if I increase one of them I need to decrease the other. It may take some time to experiment with these two. The 3rd one (Sat) is the color strenghtening value. It's quite straightforward - increasing the value (up to 1) strenghtens colours.

 

These are my settings. Red is primary. I think it might be too much for others. It is good for me in bright conditions but it's too dark in dusk-dawn. That's when I switch to the more conservative 2nd set (blue) 

image.thumb.png.4369e252bcfaecd2448e398f28190f9d.png

 

You can toggle between the values with Alt+U. You will actually toggle between three values as the default IL-2 set is still in the rotation after you set up the above two.

 

I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, blitze said:

@lefuneste

 

Is there a way to just have the canted screen values without any other geometric or IPD alteration with this Mod?  Would just love to test the 7.5 degree offset with standard Il2 VR settings.

You forgot to include, it's 10° offset :)👍

 

Cannot wait to test it as well. Maybe next week, my replacement headset is on its way. Hope it didn't have to pass through Hong Kong 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, blitze said:

@lefuneste

.3D effect = World Scale is small, what can be edited to increase it?  Cockpit, Wings, On ground objects, flying low over towns or in formation - way to small.

 

When looking Left eye to the Right or Right eye to the Left out the cockpit, the center vertical is clipped and you notice it with clouds.  Also weird zigzag on walls of hangar when doing the same.

 

Weird shadows on the ground.

 

Is there a way to just have the canted screen values without any other geometric or IPD alteration with this Mod?  Would just love to test the 7.5 degree offset with standard Il2 VR settings.

 

Hello, I as wrote in post above, you can use LSHIFT+F1 to cycle trough different angles. You can also add yours if you want.

Regarding the "other geometric alteration" : by default there is none, I only rotate (by the angle set in $cosProj and $sinProj) every object displayed by the game and had to change z component to avoid clipping. But that's not enough, the convergence is wrong. I tried to use IPD modifier but that's not enough, I found it impossible to play more than some minutes. Maybe something should be done with the offset used for zoom and the glitches you noticed, but if there is some missing parts that's a real "no go". I can not create vertex not drawn by game...

Is the clipping effect occuring with all Pimax Fov ? Can you post a screen ?

If you want to play with world scale, you can force $zoomXoffset and $IPDXoffsetValue at the beginning to other default values than 0 at the begining of user_keymapping_zoom.ini.

$IPDXoffsetValue is offsetting objects with  value depending of object depth : the farther it is, the lowest the offset will be. Basically, it only scale cockpit..

$zoomXoffset will offset objects with a constant value, whatever their depth.

Both of these variables will alter the "size" of the world.

 

You can aslo try to modify these 2 variables in d3dx.ini, to see if something change on clipping...

global $clipFixZfactor = 0.5
global $clipFixZThreeshold = 50000

I made a lot of iteration, so it is not very logic now, the current used formula is Zr = Zobject * $clipFixZThreeshold, if Zr >= $clipFixZThreeshold then object is not drawned.

 

I'm more on DCS world for the moment playing with the A10C again (I'm now pretty happy with my DCS fix for it, but they change their game every 2 weeks ☹️), so if you can try for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi lefuneste.

 

Further testing it seemed the world scale issue was only with Large FOV on the 8K.  Normal seemed to present normal scale.

 

Tried between 7.5 degrees and 10 degrees offset using Shift F1.

In Large FOV I also tries using -0.015 for IPD offset to see if that helped.  It was the value presented on Steam forums a while back when Il2 world scale was small on Pimax HMD's before the issue was rectified.  We had to bang it through a SteamVR console

 

For me your PP fix was more of a testing proof of concept.  I'm milking blood from a stone with my system setup and hi fidelity Il2 flying but I can get mid to high 40's with PP fix combined with FFR at high render target resolution which makes Il2's world quite alive for me.  That is at PiTool 1.5, SteamVR 100% on Large FOV.  PP off also brings the Render resolution below the current 8192 limit in defaultVR.settings file in SteamVR.

 

Just pushing the boundaries.  Image is clearer with PP fix but on the sides of the FOV I haven't yet seemed to get it dialed for non image doubling/ghosting.

 

FFR seems more stable in Large FOV than Normal for some reason and below PiTool render 1.25 on the 8K - it looks like garbage.  At 1.25 and above it sits well within the lens clarity limitations.

 

I will on another test see if I can screen shot the cloud render issue.  It seems to be prevalent near altitude of the clouds and when you are looking at them from the side out of ones cockpit.  Anyway, where's the next Dev Diary 😁

 

Thanks for your mod though. Interesting to test.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, desolunatic said:

I'm getting the same graphical errors with my Lenovo explorer that have been mentioned around version 12.1 in this thread - when zoomed ground shaders follow view and  contrails and smoke are misplaced. Is there a fix for this or the reason for this issue is unknown?

 

The problem you have is linked to shader not modified, so they do not take zoom into account. As I do not believe that Lenovo HMD will have specific shaders in IL2 BoS, the only rational explanation is a messed installation, or mixed config files.

Can you try to uninstall the current installation (check that at least shaderFixe and d3dx.ini are suppressed), install the last version as it is and see if you still have the problem (by using screen mirror and not your Lenovo because convergence will be off)  ?

If the problem is still present, can you post a track ? Otherwise, setup your convergence as explain in first post, or go to SCG_Fenris_Wolf post to find if a config file is available for Lenovo.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, JG700_Benek said:

[ResourceSightStrenght]
type = StructuredBuffer
array = 1
data = R32_FLOAT +1.00 +0.05 +1.00 +0.05 +0.05 +0.05
;                ^ndef ^Ru   ^Ge   ^Us   ^It   ^Eng 
;     (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)

 

Is the part above working in 2d?

 

I am unable to get anything other then default crosshair or very bright one modded one (+0.05) any other input doesn't seem to work. Please advice what is the exact number to enter if I would like the crosshair halfway between +0.05 and 1.00. Is it 0.3, 3 or 3.00 or 30 ?

 

At first, you must modify the values for the sight family you are using (German, Russian,...)

Secondly, there are two settings for sight.

  • The ResourceSightStrenght is a filter used to re inforce sight texture. If the Alpha  of the texture is above the value provided in ResourceSightStrenght the pixel will be strenghtened. Otherwise it will be kept as original.
    So valid values are between 0 => full reinforcement and 0 => no re inforcement, as written in the file.
    Of course, if the original sight texture only have 0 or 1 alpha value, the  ResourceSightStrenght will have not effect. But I do not think that there is a sight in this case.
  • ResourceSightColor is used to change color values. So you can also make the sight more visible by changing colors, but thickness will remain the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

 

The problem you have is linked to shader not modified, so they do not take zoom into account. As I do not believe that Lenovo HMD will have specific shaders in IL2 BoS, the only rational explanation is a messed installation, or mixed config files.

Can you try to uninstall the current installation (check that at least shaderFixe and d3dx.ini are suppressed), install the last version as it is and see if you still have the problem (by using screen mirror and not your Lenovo because convergence will be off)  ?

If the problem is still present, can you post a track ? Otherwise, setup your convergence as explain in first post, or go to SCG_Fenris_Wolf post to find if a config file is available for Lenovo.


Clean instal appears to have fixed the smoke / contrails. Problem with ground following view looks like this (from 0:06):


 

Edited by desolunatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested the test file about PP.
The situation is as follows:
The world is too small (it seems that driving the instrument is far away from me)
Abnormal deflection angle (only slightly pressed once F1 is normal)

Is it possible to do imaging is to adjust the IPD adjustment mode, adjust the rotation angle according to personal preference?

PP correction is very good
He made everything look so sharp, even the BF109 water temperature label that was not seen before was so clear.
I can't wait for the official official PP repair.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, desolunatic said:


Clean instal appears to have fixed the smoke / contrails. Problem with ground following view looks like this (from 0:06)

 

 

Can you post an il2 track, not a video ?

So I can reproduce. In some cases I encountered this kind of glitches but not so heavy. Maybe it will help to fix it, if possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

 

Can you post an il2 track, not a video ?

So I can reproduce. In some cases I encountered this kind of glitches but not so heavy. Maybe it will help to fix it, if possible.

 

Ok, my bad  - if it helps it happens on all airfields. I haven't tested thoroughly if it also happens for landing in the field but will do that tomorrow and will post relevant tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a user_keymapping_zoom.ini that allows to change global convergence (not tested with zoom).

It makes thinks far better, I think.

To set it up : choose a rotation angle around 7.5° with shift+F1

use shift+pagedown or shift+end to set up convergence when aiming at object far away.

Activate IPD by ALT+DELETE

set up convergence for IPD by aiming cockpit parts and using shift+pagedown or shift+end.

I did not see cloud clipping with low FOV, is it your case ?

Thanks for your feedback.

user_keymapping_zoom.zip

Edited by lefuneste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod, but for some reason my cockpits look way too large now.  Any idea why and how to get them to revert?

 

von Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI all,

This mod has been working flawlessly for me for many many many months.  So much appreciated.  Suddenly, my VR zoom isn't working.  I had added some USB ports where I've plugged my warthog into, and I had to reset joy2key and redefine the button presses. They seem to work properly, however the separation between eyes isn't right and I can't focus. I tried reinstalling and since I'm using the Rift CV1, I tried using the presets available for that, but it still isn't working.  Is there a process for resetting everything?

 

TIA!

sg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uninstall the mod, check thar ll *.ini files rae well suppressed, especially the d3dx_user.ini. Install the mod again. You mat use settings from here :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Index user here. Many thanks for your mod. 
 

I was tuning the zoom convergence this weekend, and the global & goggle convergence didn’t do anything for me (up and down worked though). So, I swapped to IPD and was able to get the zoom convergence dialed in. 
 

However, did I break my “world scale” by doing this? It still looks OK to me, but it seems like the way I adjusted everything is different from everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Information:

New anti-cheating methods, found under Announcements.

 

 

Lefuneste's Mod is still allowed. Quote:

 

Have a nice day! :drinks:

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO some have some files for zoom in the REVERB  ..???

I have got a file from one , but I still see twice , so -  have one figured it out   ??

 

I have tried , but's not working and I feel dummy 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the setting in my d3dx_user file that seem to work pretty well for me.

 

$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = 0.0554999523
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = 0.321999609
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = -0.724999428
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = 0.3
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = 0.717498541
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 0.0500000007
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = 0.3
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000019
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still feel dummy , I have change the file but for me it's the same 

 

I change it all 3 places , I use jsgme and let it reload - but still the same 

7BB2DEFF-18B4-4563-9850-9A4DBBA5AFD6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...