lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

10 minutes ago, pomdeterre said:

ah, thanks, man. I did just that, used my old .ini file and it took all of the convergence and the coordinates from it. I appreciate the hint, @lefuneste !

It was written in first post, in the "customization" section for zoom. But it looks like a lot of people missed it.

Anyway, SCG_Fenris_Wolf updated his post and users can now use dedicated d3dx_user.ini (that contain new variables used for zoom) for different HMD. So you could start your settings with something very close to your target and juste have to make some slight adjustement to have the perfect result for your IPD/taste.

48 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

It was written in first post, in the "customization" section for zoom. But it looks like a lot of people missed it.

Anyway, SCG_Fenris_Wolf updated his post and users can now use dedicated d3dx_user.ini (that contain new variables used for zoom) for different HMD. So you could start your settings with something very close to your target and juste have to make some slight adjustement to have the perfect result for your IPD/taste.

yup, I've tried his odyssey+ variant first and it worked somewhat.. however the convergence was a bit off and no matter the values I plugged in I just couldn't get it right. It seems the convergence setting is specific to the hundredths... Again, I appreciate your support, man! Thank you!

Posted (edited)

RESOLVED

After setting and saving the global convergence on v13.1 I ended with a black "bar" showing on low and medium zoom.  It wasn't there while I was adjusting.  Any idea what it is and how to get rid of it?

48103563417_84402aceb5_o.jpg

Here is my setting in user_keymapping_zoom.cfg:

;----------------
; external zoomMask settings
;----------------
; vertical ratio
; the lower it is the larger is the mask in the direction
; set it to 0.1 to remove the binocular mask
$maskVertScale = 0.1
; z4 = 1.3
; horizontal ratio
; the lower it is the larger is the mask in the direction
; set it to 0.1 to remove the binocular mask
$maskHorizScale = 0.1
; z6 = 0.9
;scale of target scale, the higher the smaller
;Automatically scaled by zoom.
;Set it to 0.1 to remove the binocular mask
$targetSize    = 0.1   

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

On 6/19/2019 at 10:12 PM, von_Tom said:

Ah - never heard PgDwn called that before.  I've done the other elements just couldn't figure out which key that was.

Thanks

von Tom

ps  2 minutes of holding down a zoom key and then Left-Ctrl and clicking Page Down and nothing happens.  The convergence side of things worked like a charm.

pps  Tried doing the same using the end key - the view when I hit zoom is downwards i.e. not changed.  I'll live with it.

Are you trying to shift the zoomed view up? I've got the horizontal offset working, but on med and high zoom the zoom focuses on a point lower than my eyeline. So when zoomed I have to adjust my head position, then readjust it back afterwards when I go to unzoomed view. Not practical for use in combat right now. The L CTL and End/Next doesn't seem to have any effect.

I downloaded SCG_Fenris_Wolf's Pimax 5K+ 3.1 adjusted mod.  The zoom settings were good except for the low which was easy to adjust and all is good.  No bars.

2 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

I downloaded SCG_Fenris_Wolf's Pimax 5K+ 3.1 adjusted mod.  The zoom settings were good except for the low which was easy to adjust and all is good.  No bars.

it might be the google aims...0.1 is not anough to remove it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, Horna said:

Yeah, only when zooming. All 3 zooms show as grey

image.png.eba3ecc611c12e6ea239e90e61edecd2.png

I found the problem. That's odd, they use for sight frame  the same VS and PS shaders than....mirror !

As I greyed the mirror when zooming, then is the sight frame.

I may use texture to filter case when mirror shader is used for non mirror part.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:20 PM, lefuneste said:

I found the problem. That's odd, they use for sight frame  the same VS and PS shaders than....mirror !

As I greyed the mirror when zooming, then is the sight frame.

I may use texture to filter case when mirror shader is used for non mirror part.

You are quite a wizard, Lefu!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I have greatly enjoyed VR since this mod became available. I had been running version 11.3 until lately. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it was time to upgrade my computer (Win 7) to have a better more powerful VR capability. Once I was up and running, I found that of course there had been an update and this mod again was broken. I have been trying to get zoom to work again (Oculus Rift) but no joy. I tried the most recent 13.1 Rift preset version but trying to get convergence or divergence using the shift/end keys doesn't seem to be working for me. Another issue, trying different versions, I got a mess of shaders files that are in conflict and when I start the sim, I get about a dozen or so notices that there are file conflicts. So I'm not sure what folders/files to clean up to get rid of the conflict. I use the uninstall. bat file and I have deleted the mod folder to try and make sure that it is all clear, but even doing that I still show shader file conflicts. Can someone give me direction on what and where folders/files that need to be deleted so my conflict is resolved. Then, possibly what I can do to get the zoom feature fixed? I have only used this mod for the zoom capability so having shader file problems is ironic.

One other comment: I think we who use VR in Il2 are in agreement that this mod is absolutely essential. Couldn't we enlist 1C developers to work with this mod to try and resolve these continuing conflicts when updates are made? Updates will always be made and I think that Lefuneste will pretty soon get tired of the constant attempts to fix the mod. Perhaps it might be as simple as getting 1C developers to modify their in-game VR zoom to be more powerful so that we can eliminate this constant back and forth fixing of the mod. I am sold on VR. I can't see playing this sim without it, it is that important to me.

3 hours ago, SCGSalty64 said:

Hey Guys,

I have greatly enjoyed VR since this mod became available. I had been running version 11.3 until lately. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it was time to upgrade my computer (Win 7) to have a better more powerful VR capability. Once I was up and running, I found that of course there had been an update and this mod again was broken. I have been trying to get zoom to work again (Oculus Rift) but no joy. I tried the most recent 13.1 Rift preset version but trying to get convergence or divergence using the shift/end keys doesn't seem to be working for me. Another issue, trying different versions, I got a mess of shaders files that are in conflict and when I start the sim, I get about a dozen or so notices that there are file conflicts. So I'm not sure what folders/files to clean up to get rid of the conflict. I use the uninstall. bat file and I have deleted the mod folder to try and make sure that it is all clear, but even doing that I still show shader file conflicts. Can someone give me direction on what and where folders/files that need to be deleted so my conflict is resolved. Then, possibly what I can do to get the zoom feature fixed? I have only used this mod for the zoom capability so having shader file problems is ironic.

One other comment: I think we who use VR in Il2 are in agreement that this mod is absolutely essential. Couldn't we enlist 1C developers to work with this mod to try and resolve these continuing conflicts when updates are made? Updates will always be made and I think that Lefuneste will pretty soon get tired of the constant attempts to fix the mod. Perhaps it might be as simple as getting 1C developers to modify their in-game VR zoom to be more powerful so that we can eliminate this constant back and forth fixing of the mod. I am sold on VR. I can't see playing this sim without it, it is that important to me.

- for convergence settings make a copy of the "user_keymapping_zoom.ini" file from the 11.3 version, You can reuse the file in the new version to keep the convergence settings the same. I hope you still have it..

I got those error messages as well when I used the old .ini file, however they didn't affect the gameplay at all.

Posted (edited)

New 13.1.1 version that fix Me262 sight frame blank when zooming is available in first post.

5 hours ago, SCGSalty64 said:

Can someone give me direction on what and where folders/files that need to be deleted so my conflict is resolved.

Look in directory where IL2.exe is. Remove all files and directories that are existing in the mod "\bin\game\" directory (eg : shaderFixes/, d3dx.ini,...). None of the mod file is existing in standard IL2 BoS distribution.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 1

pomdeterre and Lefuneste,

Thank you both for your help. I have gotten rid of the file conflicts and my zoom is restored. I'm in business. Thanks again for this great mod!

• Upvote 1

Hello, i met some troubles with the mod :(

Yesterday i tried to use 3Dmigoto mod (3.1 and 3.1.1) with the steam version of il-2. First of all i tried to setup zoom manually.

it did not work - pressing of setup keys did not change anything.

Then i took my “User_settings” folder from non-steam version and copied to proper directory of steam version. Zoom settings was broken (looked like default settings) and still no response from setup keys. After this i pasted my user_keymapping_zoom.ini file from 12.1 version of the mod, and everything was fine but this red warnings while loading.

What am i doing wrong? Any ideas any why my “user_keymapping_zoom.ini”  from non-sream version does not work with steam? And why setup keys does not work?

21.06.2019 в 21:35, 9./JG52_Sturm сказал:

The L CTL and End/Next doesn't seem to have any effect.

I had the same problem. Try RIGHT ctrl instead of left. It worked by me.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:09 PM, Hitze said:

red warnings while loading

That warning is telling you that there is a pending change (to reshaders in this case) and you need to press F12 for those changes to register.

Once you have done that you will be able to make the aim and convergence changes using the appropriate key combinations. When you are happy with the changes you have made press F12 again and those changes will be saved.

In the latest version of IL2 GBs you will hear a beep when changes have been made and saved.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

lefuneste, please add your patreon link in first post, it is right to be there. We VR warriors like to have all in one place ;)

Edited by Brzi_Joe
x

On 7/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, Brzi_Joe said:

lefuneste, please add your patreon link in first post, it is right to be there. We VR warriors like to have all in one place ;)

It's in mt signature, that's enough.

By the way, thanks everyone. With your gifts, I purchased DCS persian gulf and Normandy map, and also the two last BoS campaign. Campaign makers should be rewarded. If only I had more time to fly...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

10x zoom dont work for me, eyes crossed or convergence wrong, it was working earlier, i have newest version installed. Tried uninstall it, remove files etc. but cant modify settings for convergence. Is there tutorial video for it?

Edited by StableAce

On 6/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, lefuneste said:
On 6/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, HunDread said:

@lefuneste I tried v12.5.1 and I have a question. Did you manage to fix the issue where clouds (and smoke too as far as I remember) don't render in both eyes when zooming in? I still see it in the latest version. This is not new, we were talking about it in earlier versions.

This is not a big deal so my intention here is not to ask you to look into it, I am just trying to find out if this is happening only on my system so I should check on my side or a general known issue so I should leave it alone.

Thank you

I missed that. I did not notice it, I'll check when I'll play again BoS, for the moment I'm on DCS for a 3dmigoto mod.

It's been quite a while since I played IL-2 but tried 3Dmigoto v13.1.1 over the weekend and I see you managed to fix the problem that the clouds and smoke were just partly rendering in one eye. Great job! Thanks a lat again for your work with this mod!  

I use the Valve Index and have tried several times to adjust the settings for convergence. I proceeded exactly as described under the first post. Unfortunately, the shortcuts in game do not cause any changes at all. I think I'm too stupid or clumsy for that. Unfortunately, there are no optimized settings for the index in Fenris_Wolf's thread yet. Without the Zoom Mod, for me it is very difficult to differentiate friend and foe online, so I shot at planes on my site too often now. Since that with a heavy heart I will not go on multiplayer servers any more until the Zoom Mod works with the Index correctly. Any help would be very much appreciated!

6 minutes ago, Pikas_62 said:

I use the Valve Index and have tried several times to adjust the settings for convergence. I proceeded exactly as described under the first post. Unfortunately, the shortcuts in game do not cause any changes at all. I think I'm too stupid or clumsy for that. Unfortunately, there are no optimized settings for the index in Fenris_Wolf's thread yet. Without the Zoom Mod, for me it is very difficult to differentiate friend and foe online, so I shot at planes on my site too often now. Since that with a heavy heart I will not go on multiplayer servers any more until the Zoom Mod works with the Index correctly. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Did you try right CTRL or SHIFT instead of left ? It looks like it works for some...

With right CTRL and SHIFT I can do at least something. But I can´t do that really well. But that's for  sure up to me. You sent me the settings for my old Pimax 5k Plus some time ago. This has worked really great. Unfortunately I do not get it that way for my Index. I noticed that although I press F12 no file changes in the directory .. \ user_settings, at least in the value "date modified".

12 hours ago, Pikas_62 said:

Hello,

After several hours trying I figured it out on my game. 

I have to press the zoom key (whichever you have assigned, in my case the home/insert button, the default) while keeping this pressed I had to press the right shift button and the left/right arrow keys.  at first I didn't think it was doing anything because the movement with each keystroke is quite small.  

hope this helps.

ps thanks for the mod, would have sent back my VR without it. 

Hello Marco,

thank you very much for this hint. With this keys it finally worked for me. But I still have a question. In which files are the changes saved? The files under .. \ user_settings seem to be unchanged.

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Macro said:

ps thanks for the mod, would have sent back my VR without it.  

I can not agree more with this statement!

Posted (edited)

I would assum its the user_keymapping_zoom file as this is one used to save settings but to be honest I don't know.

Edited by 71st_AH_Macro

I'm trying to install this mod, but whenever I do I get the following error that keeps popping up (I close it, and 2 seconds later it pops up again):

"The procedure entry point D3D11On12CreateDevice could not be located in the dunamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC\PXSHW10_x64.dll"

Obviously this is relatedf to the EVGA precision software, but that's what I use to manage the fan speed on my vid card, so not something I can just keep off. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This is slightly OT.I am not currently using this Mod ( I confess I just haven’t figured it out...) but I have an issue that someone may help me solve.I am using Pimax5K in game play.Recently the propeller disk animation has stopped appearing.I know this has a positive effect in viewing other aircraft and/or FPS. I have no idea why. I have tried uninstalling & re-installing the game through Steam, but no success. I am perplexed.Is there a setting ,say in Startup.cfg I may have unwittingly changed or somewhere else ? Can I fix it? Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

This is slightly OT.I am not currently using this Mod ( I confess I just haven’t figured it out...) but I have an issue that someone may help me solve.I am using Pimax5K in game play.Recently the propeller disk animation has stopped appearing.I know this has a positive effect in viewing other aircraft and/or FPS. I have no idea why. I have tried uninstalling & re-installing the game through Steam, but no success. I am perplexed.Is there a setting ,say in Startup.cfg I may have unwittingly changed or somewhere else ? Can I fix it? Fingers crossed.

You may check to see If your graphic settings in the game have been set to low.  I am not sure if the game renders the prop at the lowest setting. 

Ultra....😎

Hello,

Propeller display have been modiified in the last version of IL2 to avoid ASW problem. But that makes it nearly static...I do not like it too much, but that's how it is now...Maybe it's why you do not see no more disk animation.

11 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Ultra....😎

As Lefuneste says, it's like that since the game update 3.101

It fixed the display of ASW/motion reprojection for all VR users. There is no way back

Once I set the zoom convergence for a particular headset (Reverb in this case) using lenfunste's direction, which file or values should I save so I don't repeat the process, or if I switch to a different headset such as my Rift S I can swap in the right file.

In the latest version I cant disable the sight from my left eye. All I can do is enable and disable the sight.

Posted (edited)

You are using my customized version, lefuneste still allows that option. Solution:

go to bin\game\users_settings\user_keymapping.ini , open it

change

[Key4]
; toggle sight fix
; 0 : original sight
; 1 : modified sight
; 3 : no sight
; 4 : modified sight right eye only
; 5 : modified sight left eye only
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl k
type = cycle
y2 = 3.0, 0.0
z3 = 3.0, 0.0

to

[Key4]
; toggle sight fix
; 0 : original sight
; 1 : modified sight
; 3 : no sight
; 4 : modified sight right eye only
; 5 : modified sight left eye only
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl k
type = cycle
y2 = 5.0, 3.0, 0.0, 4.0
z3 = 3.0, 1.0, 0.0

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

On 7/25/2019 at 3:13 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

As Lefuneste says, it's like that since the game update 3.101

It fixed the display of ASW/motion reprojection for all VR users. There is no way back

DRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't rise the view up when I zoom in, so it's very difficult to keep track of enemy planes. I tried Ctrl-Left + Home + End and Ctrl-Left + Home + Page-Down and the same with Ctrl-Right instead of Ctrl-Left  but all didn't shift the position up. 

Lefuneste, please can you check and explain which combination shifts the view up?