lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

Stupid me. I already fixed this problem some time ago but did not report it in the last version.

Remove the line "; $zoomYoffset = 0.0    " for each key section  of "user_keymapping_zoom.ini'. Anyway, I will update a new 13.0.1 version with the good file.

You are definitely not stupid 😉 Thanks I will try it out! 😄 

Thanks Lefuneste,

The game was piratically unplayable for me until you fixed the zoom. A minor issue is that I can't seem to adjust the IPD modifier with 13.1. I tried using the same keys for zoom but no effect. When I enable by pressing LALT and DEL key it definitely activates but I've lost the ability to adjust. I've tried both NUM + and NUM- and also the LShhift Next and end and I've tried LAlt Next and End to no avail.

As I said this is a minor issue.

Again Thanks!!!!!

TWC_Piranha

3 minutes ago, TWC_Piranha said:

Thanks Lefuneste,

The game was piratically unplayable for me until you fixed the zoom. A minor issue is that I can't seem to adjust the IPD modifier with 13.1. I tried using the same keys for zoom but no effect. When I enable by pressing LALT and DEL key it definitely activates but I've lost the ability to adjust. I've tried both NUM + and NUM- and also the LShhift Next and end and I've tried LAlt Next and End to no avail.

As I said this is a minor issue.

Again Thanks!!!!!

TWC_Piranha

Copy ur settings from 12.5... I had similar issue if u need any help hit me up direct on discord and I can try and help 

Posted (edited)

Lefuneste's mod with pre-set convergences for

Pimax5k+ and Odyssey+

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34266-copypaste-settings-plus-zoom-for-best-spotting-and-id-odyssey-pimax5k/

All credits to Lefuneste. His mod is very important to my VR enjoyment, so I became a voluntary Patreon to him as well. Finally, after more than a year, only then the guy made an Account... 😀👍

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Lefuneste's mod with pre-set convergences for

Pimax5k+ and Odyssey+

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34266-copypaste-settings-plus-zoom-for-best-spotting-and-id-odyssey-pimax5k/

All credits to Lefuneste. His mod is very important to my VR enjoyment, so I became a voluntary Patreon to him as well. Finally, after more than a year, only then the guy made an Account... 😀👍

Any for rift s yet?  Still can’t set mine in game.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MercCrom175 said:

Any for rift s yet?  Still can’t set mine in game.

Now includes a mod preset for the Rift S to download. Let me know if it's correct, it was from 12.5

Thanks to Darbzy for providing the convergences!

• Thanks 2

On 6/14/2019 at 8:32 AM, lefuneste said:

Is your dither fix still working with the last BoS version ? It seems to me that I saw bandwith during my testings

EDIT : I think that your shader may break the zoom for the building...

Its still working on my end, but I'm not using your version of migoto. Should be the same end result though.

The zoom is meant to be broken. I wanted the building more visible for high-alt bombing and having them fade out with zoom is annoying imho.

Hey, Lefuneste. I just tested the latest version that Fenris uses (his optimization settings for Odyssey+). All is working well, but I noticed that the mirror in my Spit MV has some black shaders on the left side. Also, LALT + Delete doesn't seem to adjust the cockpit anymore.

Thanks for the great work!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Now includes a mod preset for the Rift S to download. Let me know if it's correct, it was from 12.5

Thanks to Darbzy for providing the convergences!

Thanks for the download on your post.   Works for but the mirror in the P-40 is not displayed correctly and floats with head movement.

43 minutes ago, Toxin1 said:

Thanks for the download on your post.   Works for but the mirror in the P-40 is not displayed correctly and floats with head movement.

You're welcome.

Can you clarify please, does the mirror float while you're not zoomed in? The mirror is something Lefuneste fixes. I'm sure he'll do it as soon as he reads this post and finds time. 

In any case, mirrors have not been supported in this mod before yet, while zooming, so in that case only, it's expected.

52 minutes ago, redcloud111-vvs said:

Hey, Lefuneste. I just tested the latest version that Fenris uses (his optimization settings for Odyssey+). All is working well, but I noticed that the mirror in my Spit MV has some black shaders on the left side. Also, LALT + Delete doesn't seem to adjust the cockpit anymore.

Thanks for the great work!

I had increased the offset (cockpit size) a bit for WMR in the past. I measured the size while in VR, the cockpits are meant to be cramped. So I had returned them to normal. Will take a look again and put back in the missing 5% for WMR headsets later today👍

Hi everyone,

I need some help with zoom stuff. Using Odyssey+ and all ready to go (ini) zoom setting special for Odyssey and Odyssey + but each time after mod update can't use a 10x zoom. Displays are separate in my eyes. Have to close one eye to see. Any suggestions?

Cheers

24 minutes ago, Simple_Blessing said:

Hi everyone,

I need some help with zoom stuff. Using Odyssey+ and all ready to go (ini) zoom setting special for Odyssey and Odyssey + but each time after mod update can't use a 10x zoom. Displays are separate in my eyes. Have to close one eye to see. Any suggestions?

Cheers

It's a convergence problem. Use the explanation in first post to set it up yourself by pressing some keys.

51 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

You're welcome.

Can you clarify please, does the mirror float while you're not zoomed in? The mirror is something Lefuneste fixes. I'm sure he'll do it as soon as he reads this post and finds time. 

In any case, mirrors have not been supported in this mod before yet, while zooming, so in that case only, it's expected.

I had increased the offset (cockpit size) a bit for WMR in the past. I measured the size while in VR, the cockpits are meant to be cramped. So I had returned them to normal. Will take a look again and put back in the missing 5% for WMR headsets later today👍

I did not use plane with mirrors to get shaders to modify, so it is likely that it miss in the fix. But anyway, I disabled it when zooming in previous version because it's too hard to fix. I'll have a look.

I checked that IPD like is working, but default values are too high. But the new setting process will allow you to change it in few seconds.

37 minutes ago, Simple_Blessing said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation, but where is the "NEXT" button, how does it look like?

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

NEXT is the coder's term for what you know as "Page Down" 

Thanks, guys, appreciate your help. Gonna try now.

Edited by Simple_Blessing

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

It's a convergence problem. Use the explanation in first post to set it up yourself by pressing some keys.

I did not use plane with mirrors to get shaders to modify, so it is likely that it miss in the fix. But anyway, I disabled it when zooming in previous version because it's too hard to fix. I'll have a look.

I checked that IPD like is working, but default values are too high. But the new setting process will allow you to change it in few seconds.

So I'm trying right now and nothing changes.
I started as said in the instructions:

1.rename user_keymapping_zoom.ini.forSettings into user_keymapping_zoom.ini (tick)

2.got into a quick mission and trying to correct zoom using next instructions:
to increase/decrease global convergence for a zoom level
    press and maintain zoom key (PRIOR, HOME or INSERT)
    press multiple time Lshift+NEXT or Lshift+END key

while holding my HOME button trying to press LShift + Next or End and nothing is happening.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

New version 13.1 uploaded, see first post. There was a bug in the program that convert shaders. Maybe there was other problem than mirror.

I replaced "NEXT" by "PAGE DOWN" in explanations.

For simple_blessing : try with the mod without changing any file, because by default it allows the zoom settings change.

If you want to change IPD, do not press zoom key. Just activate IPD and then LSHIFT+END or PAGE DOWN (multiple key press are needed to see changes)

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CSW_310_Luky said:

There is a 13.0.1. version in 13.1. downloading mirror.

Fixed. Thanks for the remark.

Posted (edited)

Thank you Lefuneste! I have updated the customized Mod for Rift S, Odyssey+ and Pimax5k+. I also included the world scale fix into the settings for the Odyssey+, it should load up automatically.

The world scale can get cycled through by Alt-Leftarrow, by the way.  😀👍

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Thanks Lefuneste!!

Everything is back to normal.

TWC_Piranha

@lefuneste Thank you for the quick update! You make the best modifications for IL2 and DCS. Now I can discover distant objects again :)

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf Perfect settings for Rift S

A question : the ME262 sights are grey when using zoom, am I doing something wrong or?

48 minutes ago, Horna said:

A question : the ME262 sights are grey when using zoom, am I doing something wrong or?

Only when zooming ? Normally it should be grey all the time, if the sight texture is new. You can go back to standard sight without having the problem ?

I may not have time to look before two weeks...but that's not a blocking issue...

6 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

Only when zooming ? Normally it should be grey all the time, if the sight texture is new. You can go back to standard sight without having the problem ?

I may not have time to look before two weeks...but that's not a blocking issue...

Yeah, only when zooming. All 3 zooms show as grey

image.png.eba3ecc611c12e6ea239e90e61edecd2.png

I though it was the aims, not the sight itself...very strange.

5 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

Yup 😄

this doesn't work for me at all:

• to increase/decrease global convergence for a zoom level :
    press multiple time Lshift+PAGE DOWN or Lshift+END key
  • to increase/decrease google aims convergence for a zoom level :
    press multiple time LALT+PAGE DOWN or LALT+END key

I press zoom key (Home), hold it, then press LShift+Pagedown and nothing happens. Same goes for LShift+END.

I like the older version where I could modify the actual offsets via notepad and see the result after reloading the file.  This current one is overly complicated for no reason, lefuneste.

i'm not even sure what to do now..

I have the same problem as pomdeterre, customization via key combinations does not work.

1 hour ago, pomdeterre said:

I press zoom key (Home), hold it, then press LShift+Pagedown and nothing happens. Same goes for LShift+END.

I like the older version where I could modify the actual offsets via notepad and see the result after reloading the file.  This current one is overly complicated for no reason, lefuneste.

39 minutes ago, Raban said:

I have the same problem as pomdeterre, customization via key combinations does not work.

I had bad double vision with all the zoom levels, I had to spam those buttons for like two minutes before the images aligned. A bit laborous but certainly worth it.

Try to fixate your sight to something like a windsock on a runway or something like that and keep spamming end/pgdwn, that's what helped me.

4 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I tried a clean new install of IL-2 and the mod itself, but the issue remains. It seems to be 262 specific glitch, 109 and 190 works perfectly. Using Rift CV1.

Posted (edited)

I have no idea what im really supposed to do. 

Tried the mentioned steps with adjusting the IPD, which seems to sort of work for the low zoom but no matter what i do i cant get the 5x and 10x to work. 

Would anyone happen to have some configuration for Oculus CV1 that actually works across all zoom levels? 

Edit: Seems ive figured it out for me. So since i still had my old configuration file i could carry over the values. Essentially values are now stored in d3dx_user.ini and have to be replaced accordingly. 

Eg. my configuration for high zoom looks like the following: 

$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = 1.31
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 1.0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = -0.85
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0

Edited by voided
  • Like 1

The instructions say:

to move up/down zoomed view 
    press multiple time LCTRL+NEXT or LCTRL+END key

Which is the "NEXT" key - enter/return?  I've mashed it for a while but hit zoom and I look down quite a bit.

von Tom

On 6/16/2019 at 10:23 PM, pomdeterre said:

Normally you could still use your old user_keymapping_zoom.ini without problem.

Otherwise you can also have a look here :

And finally, there where a lot of complain with the previous way to set up convergence. The current process allow anyone to set it up easilly, just press a lot of time the conv. settings keys. The new file is not to be modified anymore for convergence values, just for keymapping.

The problem is initial values : I tuned them for Pimax low FoV, so they may be a bit far for low fov Helmet.

3 hours ago, von_Tom said:

Which is the "NEXT" key

Next is the same as Page Down. Prior is the same as Page Up.

You need to press and hold the zoom key and press the key you have linked to LAlt + Page Down or LAlt + End once to make an adjustment then repeat the process by again pressing the zoom key and the linked adjustment key. It only makes one step change with each combinations of presses. It will not advance more than one step each time and may require 20 or more adjustments to get the desired effect. Then press F12 to save. You need to do the same with each zoom factor, 2X, 5X and 10X and save each with F12.

I sat in the cockpit and focused on a control tower at the other end of the airfield and brought the images together using the antenna mast as the defining point. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

Next is the same as Page Down. Prior is the same as Page Up.

Ah - never heard PgDwn called that before.  I've done the other elements just couldn't figure out which key that was.

Thanks

von Tom

ps  2 minutes of holding down a zoom key and then Left-Ctrl and clicking Page Down and nothing happens.  The convergence side of things worked like a charm.

pps  Tried doing the same using the end key - the view when I hit zoom is downwards i.e. not changed.  I'll live with it.

Edited by von_Tom

17 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Normally you could still use your old user_keymapping_zoom.ini without problem.

ah, thanks, man. I did just that, used my old .ini file and it took all of the convergence and the coordinates from it. I appreciate the hint, @lefuneste !