lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

No, I haven't tried the 12.5,¬† I just looked at the 1st post to confirm I had that latestūüėÖ ¬† Thanks I will try that.

OK, so I tried 12.5 and same result.  It's nice and dim in the hangar. Took me a sec to find out you changed from 'shift q' to 'shift a' for the key commands. :scratch_one-s_head: I tried both in VR and out, no joy.  I normally play with the screen set to 720, for frame rates, though it doesn't seem to make any diff.  Graphics setting attached. 

20190527091400_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Rhan_N_Singh said:

OK, so I tried 12.5 and same result.  It's nice and dim in the hangar. Took me a sec to find out you changed from 'shift q' to 'shift a' for the key commands. :scratch_one-s_head: I tried both in VR and out, no joy.  I normally play with the screen set to 720, for frame rates, though it doesn't seem to make any diff.  Graphics setting attached. 

20190527091400_1.jpg

It is still working for me with your graphics !

Strange..Did you try in a QMB mission ?

Posted (edited)

Yes, I fly mostly in the QMB.  I also went and ran the uninstall bat and reinstalled.   Same result.  I can dim it in the hangar but not in flight.  I don't get it, it worked before when you first created it. I can't think of what I changed since then.   I also changed the variable at 1.0, 0.5 and .01.  That works too. I can see the brightness levels change in the hanger.

Edited by Rhan_N_Singh

Posted (edited)

Hey. Lefuneste. I decided to test 12.5, but I went back to 12.2 (I couldn't get L-Shift + End to work, but now I am thinking the problem is on my end). I had a harrowing few hours thinking I broke the mod on my system. Here's what happened. When I returned to 12.2 after unsuccessfully trying 12.5, the mod would stop working unexpectedly. So, after repeated uninstalls (going back to 11.3), reinstalls, attempts with different versions of your mod, I realized my Shift and Ctrl keys were stuck. At first I though it was a mechanical problem, but it was Windows. 

So, a head's up, having someone hold LShift and repeatedly hit End might activate a Windows feature in Ease of Access for the keyboard called Use Sticky Keys or Use Filter Keys. Mine were active. If you hold Shift five or eight seconds it does something to your keyboard. What was happening was that during the testing of 12.5 I had accidentally assigned sticky keys to Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. So, when I was playing Il2,  Ctrl would deactivate all the other keys. This made me think I fracked the mod. I couldn't even hit escape to cancel a mission. The only reason I figured this out was that in a browser, Ctrl and mouse-wheel zooms the window instead of scrolls, and this was happening. I was a minute away from uninstalling Il2 and reinstalling.

Anyway, great work so far. 12.2 still works flawlessly with all functions, and (like many people say) I would never play multiplayer without your mod.

Keep up the good work! I will wait until you have a stable next version before trying again. 

Edited by redcloud111-vvs

The 12.5 is stable, I updated the first post. I added redcloud111-vvs warning regarding sticky keys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded the first 12.5 yesterday without issue.  Today I went to get the revised version and the site is requiring notifications.  Have you changed the DL site?

Also,

On 5/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, lefuneste said:

Defaults values are provided for Rift...

I have a Pimax 8K.  Will this revised version work with it?

Posted (edited)

Lefuneste. I retried 12.5. For some reason L-Shift + End doesn't work for me. I can't see any movement of the masks. Could this be because End is also being used for the snap view? Is there any work around for me here? Can I use the settings from 12.2 in 12.5? If so, how? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

The sun effect and bloom in the base game is unbearable in VR. Can you mod something to fix it please? I made a thread about it in the VR forum (all screenshots taken at 0.8 gamma and with bloom, SSAO, HDR turned off).

The real problem is not the brightness of the sun. But the fact that it blinks on and off in your face every 0.5 seconds if there are clouds.

20190528023704_1.jpg.757954823239cb0a30ddb432f18a2613.jpg20190527185049_1.jpg.51ed86572a06c9c60d5693a9da2c350b.jpg20190526135729_1.thumb.jpg.7549438466a83223169f8f4492cab673.jpg20190519232312_1.thumb.jpg.9fed77e4826f32032beca419fe1dad9f.jpg

Edited by cranium1

2 hours ago, redcloud111-vvs said:

Lefuneste. I retried 12.5. For some reason L-Shift + End doesn't work for me. I can't see any movement of the masks. Could this be because End is also being used for the snap view? Is there any work around for me here? Can I use the settings from 12.2 in 12.5? If so, how? Thanks!

Change the mapping in user_keymapping_zoom.ini

the section to be modified is

[Keyj]
;increase zoom convergence
Key = SHIFT no_ctrl no_alt VK_NEXT
type = hold
;------------------------
; Do not modify this line
run = CommandListIncreaseConv

[Keyl]
;decrease zoom convergence
Key = SHIFT no_ctrl no_alt VK_END
type = hold
;------------------------
; Do not modify this line
run = CommandListDecreaseConv

replace VK_END and VK_NEXT by other key.

1 hour ago, cranium1 said:

Hi,

The sun effect and bloom in the base game is unbearable in VR. Can you mod something to fix it please? I made a thread about it in the VR forum (all screenshots taken at 0.8 gamma and with bloom, SSAO, HDR turned off).

The real problem is not the brightness of the sun. But the fact that it blinks on and off in your face every 0.5 seconds if there are clouds.

Sorry, but I can not modify the blinking with cloud. Too complex...And you can remove bloom in startup.cfg. There are some glitch with my mod and the bloom effect.

3 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

I downloaded the first 12.5 yesterday without issue.  Today I went to get the revised version and the site is requiring notifications.  Have you changed the DL site?

Also,

I have a Pimax 8K.  Will this revised version work with it?

I uploaded the file as usual...

for Pimax you'll have to use the new convergence settings, see cutomization section if first post.  I used the low FoV, my setting will not work for other FoV.

At the end it will create a d3dx_user.ini in the bin/game dir. You may post it here : 

• Like 1

Anybody care to share his/her settings for the Rift S? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Lefuneste. It worked! I changed end and next to VK_UP and VK_DOWN. All zooms are perfect. Can I assume that I can share my settings with anyone whose uses the same headset, and it will work?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redcloud111-vvs said:

Lefuneste. It worked! I changed end and next to VK_UP and VK_DOWN. All zooms are perfect. Can I assume that I can share my settings with anyone whose uses the same headset, and it will work?

Thanks!

Yes, post your d3dx_user.ini in SCG_Fenris_Wolf  thread.

Edited by lefuneste

Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem =LwS=Balapan had.
Vertical position is not saved after i release the zoom button and press it again (but snaps to there when i try to reposition vertical again).

Even changing it manualy at d3dx_user.ini doesn't help, it always show the default Y value (zero?).

And snaps to the correct one (which in d3dx_user.ini)  after one vertical adjustment.

I uninstalled the game, deleted IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad directory, and downloaded it fresh with fresh 12.5 mod (also tried with jsgme) - still same problem.

What else can i try?

Edited by Durafen

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Yes, post your d3dx_user.ini in SCG_Fenris_Wolf  thread.

Thanks, done!

Also, i tried to make default the removal of the prop and the cockpit resize by switching the order of the values for each in the .ini, but this didn't work. Is there an easy way to do this? It's not a big deal, if not. 

Hey man, love the mod. Havent played IL2 in a few months, updated the mod to the current version and have been getting constant crashes. Had a good 20 minute flight to have my controls lock and then a CTD. After, I haven't been able to get past starting up before crashing in multiplayer. The error message is something about DXGI. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, redcloud111-vvs said:

Also, i tried to make default the removal of the prop and the cockpit resize by switching the order of the values for each in the .ini, but this didn't work. Is there an easy way to do this? It's not a big deal, if not.

default prop is to be modified in user_var_initialization.ini, add a line z5 = 1.0

cockpit resize (IPD) can be modified and saved by the same way than convergence as written in the first post:

to increase/decrease convergence for IPD modifier :

• activate IPD modifier by pressing LALT + DEL
  • press multiple time NUM+ or NUM- key ÔĽŅ

Then press F12

3 hours ago, Poltergeist97 said:

Hey man, love the mod. Havent played IL2 in a few months, updated the mod to the current version and have been getting constant crashes. Had a good 20 minute flight to have my controls lock and then a CTD. After, I haven't been able to get past starting up before crashing in multiplayer. The error message is something about DXGI. Any thoughts?

Sorry, no idea.

9 hours ago, Durafen said:

I am having the same problem =LwS=Balapan had.
Vertical position is not saved after i release the zoom button and press it again (but snaps to there when i try to reposition vertical again).

I think I used and old user_keymapping_zoom.ini in the distribution..

Can you try to remove or comment $zoomYoffset = 0.0  in [key1], [key2], [key3] section ?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I think I used and old user_keymapping_zoom.ini in the distribution..

Can you try to remove or comment $zoomYoffset = 0.0  in [key1], [key2], [key3] section ?

Big thanks¬†ūüėė

That helped.

The new adjustment UI is such an upgrade¬†ūüĎć

@lefuneste I tried v12.5.1 and I have a question. Did you manage to fix the issue where clouds (and smoke too as far as I remember) don't render in both eyes when zooming in? I still see it in the latest version. This is not new, we were talking about it in earlier versions.

This is not a big deal so my intention here is not to ask you to look into it, I am just trying to find out if this is happening only on my system so I should check on my side or a general known issue so I should leave it alone.

Thank you

20 hours ago, HunDread said:

@lefuneste I tried v12.5.1 and I have a question. Did you manage to fix the issue where clouds (and smoke too as far as I remember) don't render in both eyes when zooming in? I still see it in the latest version. This is not new, we were talking about it in earlier versions.

This is not a big deal so my intention here is not to ask you to look into it, I am just trying to find out if this is happening only on my system so I should check on my side or a general known issue so I should leave it alone.

Thank you

I missed that. I did not notice it, I'll check when I'll play again BoS, for the moment I'm on DCS for a 3dmigoto mod.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I manage to adjust zoom and get rid double planes vision ūüėČ
BTW in the zoomed image there is always  unzoomed ground , it has to be like that?

Edited by 307_Tomcat

5 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

I manage to adjust zoom and get rid double planes vision ūüėČ
BTW in the zoomed image there is always  unzoomed ground , it has to be like that?

can you post a track and an image related to your problem ?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

can you post a track and an image related to your problem ?

Sure , all object are zoomed , even trees but all on  visible unzoomed ground

Cuux64r.jpg

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Sorry if this is a dumb Question but I have installed 12.5 and I no longer have any of the 3 zooms, I had before. Insert, home and Page up now do nothing.

In the *.ini file they are named VK_insert, VK_Home and VK_prior. I don't remember the "VK_" part in there before.  I copied the forsettings file into my default user_keymapping_zoom. I am using the Pimax 5k+    

I know it is something I am overlooking

Thanks in advance 

17 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Sure , all object are zoomed , even trees but all on  visible unzoomed ground

Cuux64r.jpg

Of course this is not normal, it's either an installation problem, or a specific combination of graphic settings/location.

Can you try to uninstall all the mod and install it again, the check ?

If the problem still occured, post a track or a way to reproduce the problem with QMB.

11 hours ago, BroGrimm1tkcamp said:

Sorry if this is a dumb Question but I have installed 12.5 and I no longer have any of the 3 zooms, I had before. Insert, home and Page up now do nothing.

In the *.ini file they are named VK_insert, VK_Home and VK_prior. I don't remember the "VK_" part in there before.  I copied the forsettings file into my default user_keymapping_zoom. I am using the Pimax 5k+    

I know it is something I am overlooking

Thanks in advance 

I used the mod with my Pimax. Did you use the user_keymapping_zoom.ini provided with the last version ?

10 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Of course this is not normal, it's either an installation problem, or a specific combination of graphic settings/location.

If the problem still occured, post a track or a way to reproduce the problem with QMB.

I used the mod with my Pimax. Did you use the user_keymapping_zoom.ini provided with the last version ?

Yes, I copied the Forsettings file into my user_keymapping_zoom.ini file. Should I have left it alone?

Any dramas using 3D migoto on the Rift S? It works great on my standard headset but if it doesn't work on the Rift S I won't buy it.

9 hours ago, BroGrimm1tkcamp said:

Yes, I copied the Forsettings file into my user_keymapping_zoom.ini file. Should I have left it alone?

So it should works as it is...Try with the default user_keymapping_zoom.ini provided in the mod, maybe there is a mistake in this file.

20 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Ok I will try to find out what you need ,I think I did clean install, but I will do all again.

Ok went back to the original file and I now have the three different zooms back, but they are way out of convergence. When I Press one of the zooms and hold it then pressing a combination Lshift + page down or end. I get no noticeable change in convergence. I am probably misunderstanding something. This was my original problem and why I tried the other file. 

14 hours ago, lefuneste said:

So it should works as it is...Try with the default user_keymapping_zoom.ini provided in the mod, maybe there is a mistake in this file.

14 hours ago, BroGrimm1tkcamp said:

Ok went back to the original file and I now have the three different zooms back, but they are way out of convergence. When I Press one of the zooms and hold it then pressing a combination Lshift + page down or end. I get no noticeable change in convergence. I am probably misunderstanding something. This was my original problem and why I tried the other file. 

I am super new to this (just set up my Odyssey+ last night) so take what I say with a grain of salt...

I don't think you can hold down the End and PageDown keys when adjusting the IPD convergence. I had to tap the End and PageDown keys repeatedly while holding down LeftShift. It took a lot of key presses to have any effect!

On 6/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, lefuneste said:

Did clean install , but the same. 

What exactly you need from me to provide  for you to debug this problem?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Did clean install , but the same. 

What exactly you need from me to provide  for you to debug this problem?

A way to reproduce the problem (or not) : which plane, map, place, weather, graphic options,...

A track id the easiest way for me.

Edited by lefuneste

36 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

A way to reproduce the problem (or not) : which plane, map, place, weather, graphic options,...

A track id the easiest way for me.

Map, plane, weather, graphic preset or any  graphics option they do not matter...

10 hours ago, TWC_Creep said:

I am super new to this (just set up my Odyssey+ last night) so take what I say with a grain of salt...

I don't think you can hold down the End and PageDown keys when adjusting the IPD convergence. I had to tap the End and PageDown keys repeatedly while holding down LeftShift. It took a lot of key presses to have any effect!

Yeah I finally got it set. Convergance was moving a lot slower than I thought , just wasn't patient enough......many key pressesūüėÄ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Map, plane, weather, graphic preset or any  graphics option they do not matter...

So, as it works for me and others (otherwise they will have complain here),  there is nothing I can do for you.

Did you use all config files provided in the mod instead of your previous ones ?

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

So, as it works for me and others (otherwise they will have complain here),  there is nothing I can do for you.

Did you use all config files provided in the mod instead of your previous ones ?

So you don't have any idea what to look for and if all are good , It doesn't matter . Ok you are the boss.

5 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

So you don't have any idea what to look for and if all are good , It doesn't matter . Ok you are the boss.

If you already did a clean install (that is check that all files are deleted), use the  mod user file as they are provided (not files of previous version) and still have a problem that nobody have, whatever graphic option and mission environment, I do not have any idea...

Your problem is either a missing shader or wrong variable used. If it was only in specific conditions/places/settings, it may be something missing, but as it is general and with standard files...You do not use other mods ?

On 6/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Darbzy said:

Any dramas using 3D migoto on the Rift S? It works great on my standard headset but if it doesn't work on the Rift S I won't buy it.

It works on the Rift S, we just need to help people get the convergence dialled in. There are a couple of users with config settings floating around (me included but I only have the 5x zoom working for the moment).

• Upvote 1