lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

12 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Hi 

What zoom offset do you have set on ich zoom levels for O+ , i can't get rid of double objects

I only use the zoom x5 and x10, for x1.5 I prefer to use the game itself, since it focuses the terrain better.

My config in "user_keymapping_zoom.ini" file:

[Constants]
z4 = 0.1
z6 = 0.1

[Key1]

;set med zoom on x10
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_INSERT
type = hold
w = 10.0
y6 = 0.65
y7 = 0.25
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0

[Key2]
;set  low zoom on x1.5
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_PRIOR
type = hold
w = 1.5
y6 = 0.0    
y7 = 0.0
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0

[Key3]
;set med zoom on x5
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_HOME
type = hold
w = 5.0
y6 = 0.25
y7 = 0.11
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0

[Key8]
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DELETE
type = cycle
x6 = 0.005, 0.0

• Thanks 1

I just installed this mod today.  I had Reshade installed on my 2D IL-2 for use of a couple of features.  This will replace it in VR.  Appreciate all the time and effort of putting this together.  👍

How may I download it without signing up for some mediafire B.S.?   I can't find a way without downloading things I don't want.

Just updated my mod. Using joyToKey and will not work when minimized now? If I have the program up on top of the game it will recongzie my key press insert for zoom. If I keep it up none of my IL2 ingame works. Soon as I minimize JoyToKey, I loose my button I have configured for Insert but then all my buttons for joystick work. 

Posted (edited)

Wonderful mod! Without this playing VR with CV1 would be useless. Thank you sir!!! 

I was thinking about one more thing to add to all this features - button to switch  view from 0 deg to 180 deg. My neck is old and has a lot of problems to still check 6 with 110 deg fov. It would be great!

Thank you once more for all of what we have now. 

Edit 1: WOW! I just saw that on the prv page You published something like inc FoV! My dream come true ;) THX!

Edit 2: I did quick test. 15 deg is too small for my neck, 30 is ok, but too many blank squares and sadly planes disaapear too. Maybe there is a way to change calibration info on the way??? Maybe this could prevent from no rendered holes? Now I can press center button twice with my head turn 90deg and then I can see my tail without any artifacts. But this process takes to much time. Maybe there is a way to recnter it with one button? I'm not a programmer only trying to give some idea...

Edited by P_Gora

Hi everyone,

will this mod work with new WMR HP Reverb too?

B.R.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, P_Gora said:

Edit 1: WOW! I just saw that on the prv page You published something like inc FoV! My dream come true ;) THX!

Edit 2: I did quick test. 15 deg is too small for my neck, 30 is ok, but too many blank squares and sadly planes disaapear too.

Hello,

I'm finishing my DCS 3dmigoto mod and will update the first post with a new version that will include the rotation and also the far better way to setup zoom setting (interactively) I used for DCS.

The mod is only acting of what the game displays. As the game is optimized, it only display things more or less in the FoV, so only them can be rotated. This is why you can not have more than 20° of rotation. The only other way is to use OpenVR Advanced settings, but I did not manage to make it works...

And yes, it should work with any HMD, especially with the new zoom setting setup.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Great news! One that you working on mod for DCS again, and second with this Open VR snap views.  IO will definitely try it out! Thank You lefuneste.

I am now using the three levels of zoom with no binocular view.  I took the zoom view settings for the Pimax 5K+ to use on an 8K.  The two lower powered views work fine.  The strongest view works but I am receiving a shadowed vertical bar just right of center view.  This is not a deal breaker, just wondering if anyone else has this.

What's great with these is the I can use the 20 degree right/left view extensions in conjunction with the various levels of zoom.  Should truly help with SA and ID.

Hello,

I just have reported the new zoom settings feature I found for DCS mod into the 12.4 version  http://www.mediafire.com/file/11xf3l7qxatubsb/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.4.zip/file

You wont have no more to modify the user_keymapping_zoom.ini, except for key binding.

Your existing file should work, but I will not maintain it.

How to change zoom settings:

Rename user_keymapping_zoom.ini.forSettings into user_keymapping_zoom.ini (By default the provided user_keymapping_zoom.ini is the one to change settings, so you do not have to do that now)

• to disable google mask :
       press shift + DEL
  • to increase/decrease global convergence for a zoom level :
    press and maintain zoom key (PRIOR, HOME or INSERT)
    press multiple time Lshift+NEXT or Lshift+END key
  • to increase/decrease google aims convergence for a zoom level :
    press multiple time LALT+NEXT or LALT+END key
  • to move up/down zoomed view :
    press multiple time LCTRL+NEXT or LCTRL+END key
  • to increase/decrease convergence for IPD modifier :
    activate IPD modifier by pressing LALT + DEL
    press multiple time NUM+ or NUM- key

Once all your settings are OK, press F12 to save

If you want to reset your settings press ALT+F12

Rename user_keymapping_zoom.ini.toPlay into user_keymapping_zoom.ini if you do not want to change your settings when playing.

This version should also improve peformance.

I did not test it too much, so please give me feedback so I can update the first post if all is OK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

By default I have double vision. HMD Samsung Odyssey 61 IPD

Maybe the IPD modifier is set by default ?

Try LALT + DEL, or num+ and num-.

Posted (edited)

Yes I have modified it. I think there's some bug, when you end the mission my right eye becomes blind (temporary) 🤩

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Yes I have modified it. I think there's some bug, when you end the mission my right eye becomes blind (temporary) 🤩

I did not have this problem. In which context were you ? What are your settings ?

Did you manage easilly to setup convergence and other settings ?

I have noticed that when looking for ground targets from altitude the mod zoom enlarges an area but it is blurred.  This is unlike the IL-2 VR zoom which enhances the area zoomed and targets are easier to see.  Is this a restriction of the zoom feature and not much can be done about it?

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Maybe the IPD modifier is set by default ?

Try LALT + DEL, or num+ and num-.

Same double vision (my eyes are crossed) with Odyssey+.

LALT + DEL and/or num+, num- do nothing.

I might add it is not an easy task to hold LALT + DEL + VRzoom (Insert) while trying to focus on a target and wearing a HMD.

3 hours ago, P_Gora said:

NEXT button? What is this???

Next = Page Down

Prior = Page Up

Posted (edited)

Hi Lefuneste! Thanks so much for the 15 degree snap look, that's great!

I am trying to configure the mod for my original Oculus Rift. I've used the hotkeys to get it almost correct, but I am sure my values are a bit wrong. Is there a way to convert exactly from the previous Rift zoom settings? Those were dialled in really nicely. Here's what I ended up with so far in my d3dx_user.ini:

[Constants]
$ipdxoffset = 0
$binocularmask = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = 0.150000006
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = 0.605000496
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = 0.100000001
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = 0.455000162
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = 1.33498693
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 0.0500000007
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = 2.68501401
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000019
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdmode = 0

Edited by Alonzo_LW

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

This just happened to me also.

Flew a QM to just get into the air and find something to test zoom. When done with my unsuccessful attempt keyed Esc and my right eye went black as it exited.

Small glitch compared to cross-eyed zoom vision. I'm having to change mapping on my throttle to come up with buttons to dedicate to adjusting convergences because I can't press zoom button while also pressing Left Control + Page Down or End with the other hand. I haven't gotten it to make a change in what I see yet.

Edit: With 10x zoom pressed the two images are so badly crossed I'm wondering if they are transposed. When on the ground I zoom in on a hangar across the field and focus on a spot with only my left eye the right eye is pointed at a different hangar to the left of the spot I'm looking at. The adjustments do nothing to move the images. LALT+End makes the left eye go black but pressing it again returns the image. 

Edited by Gordon200

1 hour ago, Gordon200 said:

Edit: With 10x zoom pressed the two images are so badly crossed I'm wondering if they are transposed. When on the ground I zoom in on a hangar across the field and focus on a spot with only my left eye the right eye is pointed at a different hangar to the left of the spot I'm looking at. The adjustments do nothing to move the images. LALT+End makes the left eye go black but pressing it again returns the image. 

Which HMD are you using? Scroll up for my Rift (non-S) settings. I found that pressing the adjustment key combination moves the image only a few pixels -- you may need literally dozens of keypresses to get it to align. And you have to keep hitting the button, if you hold it down it only moves the image those few pixels once. 

I'm sure once a few people have figured it out for various headsets they will post their settings. My settings for the Rift above are good for the 5x zoom and mediocre for the 10x zoom. I'm sure someone can do better.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

I have noticed that when looking for ground targets from altitude the mod zoom enlarges an area but it is blurred.  This is unlike the IL-2 VR zoom which enhances the area zoomed and targets are easier to see.  Is this a restriction of the zoom feature and not much can be done about it?

The mod zoom only what the game displays. The build in game is moving FoV, so new details appears.

3 hours ago, Alonzo_LW said:

Hi Lefuneste! Thanks so much for the 15 degree snap look, that's great!

I am trying to configure the mod for my original Oculus Rift. I've used the hotkeys to get it almost correct, but I am sure my values are a bit wrong. Is there a way to convert exactly from the previous Rift zoom settings? Those were dialled in really nicely. Here's what I ended up with so far in my d3dx_user.ini:

[Constants]
$ipdxoffset = 0
$binocularmask = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = 0.150000006
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = 0.100000001
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = 1.33498693
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 0.0500000007
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = 2.68501401
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000019
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdmode = 0

Theorically, you may replace values of d3dx_users.ini with the values of your previous settings file. Maybe the increment for conv. settings is too high, but then you will have to press more the key, or I have to set another key binding for fine or coarse convergence.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alonzo_LW said:

Which HMD are you using?

I'm using Odyssey+.

I sat on the runway and looked at the control tower and pressed 10x zoom. My right eye sees the object 10 degs to the left and my left eye sees the object 25 degs to the right of its actual position in only half the length of the runway. The zoomed image is beautifully detailed but I have to close one eye and search for the target 30 degs from where I was originally looking.

I've cleared key mapping from my throttle and set it up so I could make the adjustments for global convergence and google aim in VR. I've pressed them dozens of times and they do absolutely nothing.

4 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

I'm using Odyssey+.

I sat on the runway and looked at the control tower and pressed 10x zoom. My right eye sees the object 10 degs to the left and my left eye sees the object 25 degs to the right of its actual position in only half the length of the runway. The zoomed image is beautifully detailed but I have to close one eye and search for the target 30 degs from where I was originally looking.

I've cleared key mapping from my throttle and set it up so I could make the adjustments for global convergence and google aim in VR. I've pressed them dozens of times and they do absolutely nothing.

It works for others and me, and there is no reason that it will not work for you. Mod behaviour is not linked to HMD...

Did you have the key changing setting not working for all zoom factor or only for the 10x ?

Did you use Left ALT / SHIFT / CTRL and not Right ?

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

The mod zoom only what the game displays. The build in game is moving FoV, so new details appears.

It still seems to work well on helping to ID aerial targets at distance.

9 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Theorically, you may replace values of d3dx_users.ini with the values of your previous settings file. Maybe the increment for conv. settings is too high, but then you will have to press more the key, or I have to set another key binding for fine or coarse convergence.

I think a "coarse" convergence key would be a good idea. With an out-of-the-zipfile configuration on my Rift CV1, the images were probably at least 20-25 degrees offset from where they need to be.

My old settings don't look very much like the new ones, which is why I was asking about converting rather than copying.

Old 5x zoom:

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_HOME
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 5.0
; horizontal zoomed view shift for convergence                                              
y6 = 0.6
; vertical zoomed view shift 
y7 = -0.425 

New 5x zoom:

Wait a minute! They do look like the old values! Except vertical offset is negative? Maybe I am saved! Will test later.

Also, what does IPD mode do?   (And again THANK YOU for a game-changing mod for VR, without this I'd be stuck with crappy zoom and never being able to see enemies in front of clouds).

Posted (edited)

Well, I setup the mod with default values for Pimax...I will update the final version with Rift values.

Edited by lefuneste

New 12.5 version with a new coarse/fine mode for convergence setting and remove of some optimization that may solve black screen problem here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ig2n4d88tsbbvy5/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.5.zip/file

Defaults values are provided for Rift (but you may have to use CTRL + ALT + F12 to load them if you already have saved modification).

Coarse / Fine settings mode is toggled using CTRL + DEL key.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

New 12.5 version with a new coarse/fine mode for convergence setting and remove of some optimization that may solve black screen problem.

Small note: uninstall.bat should remove d3dcompiler_46.dll, currently it does not.

I can confirm that using the values from the old Rift configuration works great for the 10x and 5x zoom, on Rift CV1. I haven't encountered black-eye problem yet but I'm actually not sure what was causing that.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 7:14 AM, lefuneste said:

Did you have the key changing setting not working for all zoom factor or only for the 10x ?

Did you use Left ALT / SHIFT / CTRL and not Right ?

I downloaded and activated your new version 12.5 after uninstalling 12.4 with Bat.

The 10x zoom images are much closer and something I can now work with. In 10x zoom my right eye sees the object where I'm looking  but the left eye is 10 degs too far to the right.

The way I understand your adjustment instructions:

1. Global convergence - While holding zoom button L Shift + Next or End

2. Google aim - While holding zoom button L Alt + Next or End

3. View Up or Down - While holding zoom button L Ctrl + Next or End

4. Course/fine toggle - L Ctrl  + Del

Then save settings by pressing F12.

Version 12.5 and the adjustments are working for me now.

Thanks for your patience and hard work.

Edited by Gordon200

7 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

I downloaded and activated your new version 12.5 after uninstalling 12.4 with Bat.

The 10x zoom images are much closer and something I can now work with. In 10x zoom my right eye sees the object where I'm looking  but the left eye is 10 degs too far to the right.

4. Course/fine toggle - While holding zoom button Ctrl (left or right?) + Del

Version 12.5 and the adjustments are working for me now.

Thanks for your patience and hard work.

For 4 : no need to hold zoom button, and use Left CTRL + del

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 8:17 PM, lefuneste said:

I did not have this problem. In which context were you ? What are your settings ?

Did you manage easilly to setup convergence and other settings ?

Finishing an offline mission

9 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Finishing an offline mission

The last 12.5 version should fix your problem.

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am trying to set zoom using 12.5 version on vive pro, but currently was only able to adjust horizontal offset. For some reason vertical shift gets adjusted, but when I press zoom key by itself it is still zooming too high. Although vertical shift adjustment is saved somwere, because when I try to readjust it it goes to last adjusted spot. Changing settings manually in the file does not seem to have any effect.

Also when I tryed remove 12.5 using uninstal bat file and installing 11.3 back game would not start with different error messages.

Edited by =LwS=Balapan

7 hours ago, =LwS=Balapan said:

Hello, I am trying to set zoom using 12.5 version on vive pro, but currently was only able to adjust horizontal offset. For some reason vertical shift gets adjusted, but when I press zoom key by itself it is still zooming too high. Although vertical shift adjustment is saved somwere, because when I try to readjust it it goes to last adjusted spot. Changing settings manually in the file does not seem to have any effect.

Also when I tryed remove 12.5 using uninstal bat file and installing 11.3 back game would not start with different error messages.

I'll have a look for the manual uninstall process and vertical settings. It was for each zoom factor ? But you should use jsgme or ovgme.

Posted (edited)

I use only 10x factor, so I tried to set w=10 on other two keys and adjust vertical shift there with no luck.

Edit:

Used jsgme to install and remove mods. 11.3 mod started working with some red text warning about invalid key inputs on start of the game. Also 12.5 seems to work for me now. Not sure what changed, but zoom settings somehow got saved, I did not even need to change them after several times reinstalling.

Edited by =LwS=Balapan

ok. I think that your rollback problem was involving variables of 12.5 not existing in 10.4 in the file that contain settings saved with f12 key.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could provide me with simple, clear, step-by-step instructions on how to fix the 5x zoom on my Rift S. At the moment it has extreme overlapping, and I have to close one eye to make any sense of what I'm seeing 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello, I was doing some night flying today and I am having a wee issue with the dimming map.  It works in the Hangar, but not in mission.  'Shift Q' does dim map in the hanger but in flight it's just dimming the mouse, and buttons on the map.   I tried altering the INI file in user settings,  but it didn't make a difference to the map in flight.  Hangar yes, flight no. 

Also thanks again for the mods. :cool:

5 hours ago, haluter said:

I would be eternally grateful if someone could provide me with simple, clear, step-by-step instructions on how to fix the 5x zoom on my Rift S. At the moment it has extreme overlapping, and I have to close one eye to make any sense of what I'm seeing 🤔

On 5/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, Gordon200 said:

4. Course/fine toggle - Ctrl left + Del

2 hours ago, Rhan_N_Singh said:

Hello, I was doing some night flying today and I am having a wee issue with the dimming map.  It works in the Hangar, but not in mission.  'Shift Q' does dim map in the hanger but in flight it's just dimming the mouse, and buttons on the map.   I tried altering the INI file in user settings,  but it didn't make a difference to the map in flight.  Hangar yes, flight no. 

I will check

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhan_N_Singh said:

It works for me. What are your graphics settings ? Did you try with the 12.5 version (look above untill I update the first post)