lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 2:27 PM, GiantCorn said:

Can anyone  walk me through installing this mod as Im a simpleton.  I installed the mod using JSGME. but it wont work.

Once installed with JSGME, you should have the directories "ShaderFixes", "users_settings", ... in [il2BosinstallDIR]\bin\game. If not check your JSGME config.

Have a look in users_settings directory to find the files to update.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New 12.1 version here for testing (only for VR users). Thanks for giving feedback.

What's new:

• Pimax 5K config files in user_settings
  • New feature to avoid you to break your neck : press PAGEDOWN to rotate your FoV of 15° when looking back to the right, or press END to rotate your Fov of 15° when looking back to the left.
    I had to rework deeply the program that modify vertex shaders, I made testings but it is possible that some glitches will remain.
    You can change the rotation angle by modifying the following variables in user_keymapping.ini:
;----------------
; view rotation settings 
;----------------
[Keyh]
; rotate view left 
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_NEXT 
type = hold
; 30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = 0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = 0.258819

[Keyi]
; rotate view right 
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_END
type = hold
;30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = -0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = -0.258819
  • cosView and sinView are the cosinus and sinus of the angle you want to add/remove to the Fov. I set them to 20° with my Pimax 5K, maybe you can add more with other Helmet. It's up to you to test and report here.
    Warning : only object drawed for the current Fov will be displayed, so if you add too much angle you will have part of the ground not drawn but maybe hidden plane behind you also !
  • New 3dmigoto component useds
Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 2

Hey lefuneste,

I just tried out 12.1. I really like the 15° feature. It's still an effort to check six, but it now feels more like doing it in real using periferal vision.

Thanks for making IL2 GB in VR an even more immersive and enjoyable experiance!

I have my banding fix working in 3dmigoto now. Should I just release an edited version with it included?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LizLemon said:

I have my banding fix working in 3dmigoto now. Should I just release an edited version with it included?

Yes, please. Thank you very much.

12 hours ago, 1./JG26_crane said:

Hey lefuneste,

I just tried out 12.1. I really like the 15° feature. It's still an effort to check six, but it now feels more like doing it in real using periferal vision.

You should try to increase angle, it may be possible to have greater value depending of the helmet used.

2 hours ago, LizLemon said:

Here is a version of 12.1 with the dither fix. There is no option to turn it on or off - you'd have to edit the d3dx.ini file and mark out the lines;

[ShaderOverrideDither]
hash = 6ae64b06cfc393e9
checktextureoverride = ps-t1 

https://mega.nz/#!Lb5iWASZ!901XN_M6LqzXwAep9iNw1JLatSheOdTTkSOn2k4PSKw

I'll have a look.

Posted (edited)

12.1 is going great. Due to the files especially for the Pimax 5k Plus, I now have the feeling that I'm not so clearly at a disadvantage compared to the TrackIR users. The 15 ° feature is really great and nice to my neck.  😁

13 hours ago, 1./JG26_crane said:

I can´t agree more to this statement :good:!

Edited by Pikas_62

20 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Once installed with JSGME, you should have the directories "ShaderFixes", "users_settings", ... in [il2BosinstallDIR]\bin\game. If not check your JSGME config.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New 12.1 version here for testing (only for VR users). Thanks for giving feedback.

What's new:

• New feature to avoid you to break your neck : press PAGEDOWN to rotate your FoV of 15° when looking back to the right, or press END to rotate your Fov of 15° when looking back to the left.
    I had to rework deeply the program that modify vertex shaders, I made testings but it is possible that some glitches will remain.
    You can change the rotation angle by modifying the following variables in user_keymapping.ini:

;----------------
; view rotation settings 
;----------------
[Keyh]
; rotate view left 
type = hold
; 30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = 0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = 0.258819

[Keyi]
; rotate view right 
type = hold
;30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = -0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = -0.258819
  • cosView and sinView are the cosinus and sinus of the angle you want to add/remove to the Fov. I set them to 20° with my Pimax 5K, maybe you can add more with other Helmet. It's up to you to test and report here.
    Warning : only object drawed for the current Fov will be displayed, so if you add too much angle you will have part of the ground not drawn but maybe hidden plane behind you also !

Thanks for the reply.  Ill try to follow your advice tmrw!

On 4/13/2019 at 1:52 AM, lefuneste said:

What's new:

;----------------
; view rotation settings 
;----------------
[Keyh]
; rotate view left 
type = hold
; 30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = 0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = 0.258819

[Keyi]
; rotate view right 
type = hold
;30°
; $cosView = 0.86602
; $sinView = -0.5
; 15°
$cosView = 0.965925
$sinView = -0.258819

So I tried to re-install JSGME and 3d migoto as in the screen below.  But it still doesnt work.  What am i doing wrong!?

3dmigo1.JPG

3dmigoto2.JPG

3dmigoto3.JPG

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone !

"Tout d'abord, un grand merci accompagné d'une profonde admiration pour Lefunest et son travail qui  nous permet de profiter confortablement de Great Battle en VR ."

First of all, a big thank you with a deep admiration for Lefunest and his work that allows us to comfortably enjoy great battle in VR.

GiantCorn

It seems that for the installation you have executed JSGME.exe in the folder:       

C:/Battle of (Stalingrad or Moscow)/ bin

But in my case I executed it in the file: 

C:/IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad (the main file) and it works...

Capture01.PNG.f154639fc442808a9ddcd2fb090599b5.PNG

Edited by xxharfangxx
police correction

17 hours ago, xxharfangxx said:

Hello everyone !

"Tout d'abord, un grand merci accompagné d'une profonde admiration pour Lefunest et son travail qui  nous permet de profiter confortablement de Great Battle en VR ."

First of all, a big thank you with a deep admiration for Lefunest and his work that allows us to comfortably enjoy great battle in VR.

GiantCorn

It seems that for the installation you have executed JSGME.exe in the folder:       

C:/Battle of (Stalingrad or Moscow)/ bin

But in my case I executed it in the file: 

C:/IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad (the main file) and it works...

Capture01.PNG.f154639fc442808a9ddcd2fb090599b5.PNG

Hello Harfang,  thanks for your reply.  The first time I installed as you did in the MAIN folder.  But it stil did not allow me to use 3Dmigoto in game.  Even if I had mods enabled.  I am doing something wrong but i dont know what.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:59 AM, LizLemon said:

Here is a version of 12.1 with the dither fix. There is no option to turn it on or off - you'd have to edit the d3dx.ini file and mark out the lines;

[ShaderOverrideDither]
hash = 6ae64b06cfc393e9
checktextureoverride = ps-t1 

https://mega.nz/#!Lb5iWASZ!901XN_M6LqzXwAep9iNw1JLatSheOdTTkSOn2k4PSKw

What is this doing?

Thanks

On 4/13/2019 at 4:49 AM, lefuneste said:

@LizLemon    : I integrated your mod in the 12.2 version and link it to the sun halo fix. Can you test it and report me if it is working ?

It doesnt work.

Lefuneste,

Thanks for all the effort you have put into making IL2 more enjoyable for VR users.

I have downloaded and executed 12.2 and the extra 15 Deg FOV is terrific. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust it to get a greater FOV change but I'm not very code savvy. I'm not sure which values I should be manipulating. Any help here would be further appreciated.

Thanks, TWC_Piranha

8 hours ago, LizLemon said:

It doesnt work.

Oops...What can I do to easily check it ?

To modify the FOV angle
in the file :
IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad \ MODS \ 3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.1 \ bin\ game \ users_settings you must:

1.  save the file called "user_keymapping.ini"  if you ever made a bad handling.

2.  open "user_keymapping.ini" with Notepad or others

3.  scroll down to paragraph "view rotation settings"

reply3dmigoto.thumb.PNG.414b54270bc95da26d10bf4cf0623397.PNG

4.  We can see two paragraphs.
     -each of them modifies one side of the rotation of the view (left and right)
     -there are 2 angles of rotation proposed : 15 ° and  30 °
followed by their values:
$ cosView =
$ sinView =
,and this, for the left and right sides.

5.The default angle is 15 °

- "Yes, but how do you know that?"
- Because the two lines that follow after ; 15 ° :
$ cosView = 0.965925
$ sinView = 0.258819
dont start with a semicolon  ";"

The simulator only takes into account lines without a semicolon ";"

6. Do you want to change to 30 ° of "rotate view" ?
We will make sure that the simulator ignores the values for the 15 ° of

"rotateview " !

a) For that, we will put a semicolon ";" in front of the lines:
; $ cosView = 0.965925
; $ sinView = 0.258819
Values that change the "rotate view" for 15 °

And that it takes into account the values concerning the 30 ° of "rotate view"
b) For this, we will delete the semicolons at the beginning of the lines:
; $ cosView = 0.86602
; $ sinView = 0.5
Values that change the "rotate view" for 30 °

1081777052_30degreallowed.thumb.PNG.3e68dfd303f0efd934e63ccab1be2dfa.PNG

Warning !  to do for the left and right sides ! :
2 paragraphs:
[Keyh]
; rotate view left
    &
[Keyi]
; rotate view right

- eh! But your file contains values for 45 ° !?

Yes ..., I pilot on a very pretty wooden chair but which does not have an axis of rotation. And I have the stick between the legs ... So to see the

gentleman who wants generously share his lead stock with me, I often have to take out my eyes of their orbits.
So I manually added values for 45 ° based on the originals.

If it can help other people in my case ...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Oops...What can I do to easily check it ?

Stalingrad summer at 6 am. Banding in the sky should be really obvious at that time.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, xxharfangxx said:

- eh! But your file contains values for 45 ° !?

Yes ..., I pilot on a very pretty wooden chair but which does not have an axis of rotation. And I have the stick between the legs ... So to see the

gentleman who wants generously share his lead stock with me, I often have to take out my eyes of their orbits.
So I manually added values for 45 ° based on the originals.

If it can help other people in my case ...

Do all objects (planes) are drawn with such a big angle?

I find that even with 30 ° its risky, because some of the objects are not drawn (objects outside hmd original pov?)

A plane can be behind you, but you will not see it (if you look at your tail with the rotation).

Edited by Durafen

2 hours ago, Durafen said:

Do all objects (planes) are drawn with such a big angle?

I find that even with 30 ° its risky, because some of the objects are not drawn (objects outside hmd original pov?)

A plane can be behind you, but you will not see it (if you look at your tail with the rotation).

This is why I did not set a high angle by default in the mod. But this is a problem of FoV used for computation vs FoV that you can really see in your VR helmet. With the Pimax 5K I can go to 20°, but it may be higher for other. You can use  ground texture as clue, but at the end you must check for planes.  So try and check.

Posted (edited)
On 9/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, lefuneste said:

"IPD modifier like" that shift display to the outside and so enlarge the cockpit
 Toggled off/on by LALT+"Del" key

I´m sorry if this has been asked before, I haven´t found anything with the search function.

Could you specify this further?

Does this cause the cockpit to look larger?

Because I would love to use the Limit VR head movement option to increase immersion,

but it makes turning your head to look backwards pretty impossible, especially in German planes.

Edited by So_ein_Feuerball

3 hours ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Does this cause the cockpit to look larger?

yes with default settings, but you can change them and make it look smaller.

3 hours ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Because I would love to use the Limit VR head movement option to increase immersion,

but it makes turning your head to look backwards pretty impossible, especially in German planes.

That want help too much, use instead the new rotate function in the last test version some post  above. I will update first post when I'll have anough feedback for this version (and also after I will make Lizlemon fix working).

lefuneste

I can verify that the 12.2 works on the Odyssey+. I tried  30 degrees, but it definitely created too many blank squares. 15 degrees works like a charm. I would test 5 degree increments for the Odyssey, if you could provide the numbers to change. Also, I think this is my favorite addition to the mod (beyond zoom, and increasing the cockpit). I mapped right and left to my hat-stick. And it feels very natural now to look over my shoulder as I pull toward and enemy and follow him with the extra degree shift working. 

On another note, I am not sure if it matters, but I am noticing some issues with the mirrors. For example, in the Yak1b, sometimes a plane in from of my plane can be seen through the edge of the mirror, when the mirror should be blocking it with a reflection of what is behind my plane. I also noticed that when using zoom, mirrors don't work. Again, both of these are very minor issues that don't affect gameplay at all. In fact, I noticed them quite some time ago. For example, in career mode, the masking of icons works but when the mirror passes in front of an icon, the icon comes through.

Anyway, great work on the FOV shift! Just amazing.

2 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

lefuneste

I can verify that the 12.2 works on the Odyssey+. I tried  30 degrees, but it definitely created too many blank squares. 15 degrees works like a charm. I would test 5 degree increments for the Odyssey, if you could provide the numbers to change. Also, I think this is my favorite addition to the mod (beyond zoom, and increasing the cockpit). I mapped right and left to my hat-stick. And it feels very natural now to look over my shoulder as I pull toward and enemy and follow him with the extra degree shift working. 

On another note, I am not sure if it matters, but I am noticing some issues with the mirrors. For example, in the Yak1b, sometimes a plane in from of my plane can be seen through the edge of the mirror, when the mirror should be blocking it with a reflection of what is behind my plane. I also noticed that when using zoom, mirrors don't work. Again, both of these are very minor issues that don't affect gameplay at all. In fact, I noticed them quite some time ago. For example, in career mode, the masking of icons works but when the mirror passes in front of an icon, the icon comes through.

Anyway, great work on the FOV shift! Just amazing.

You just have to change $cosview and $sinview with the cos() and sin() value of the new angle. You must also check that planes behind you will still be displayed. The ground squares may be display farther than other objects.

It's normal that mirror doesnt work when zooming, there was glitch to I disabled the display.

I noticed the Mirror "hole" for label masking (and for sun glare), I made some change to fix it in 12.2 but did not check it yet. But I'm not sure that the problem you have with the Yak1b is linked to my mod, because I do not change anything regarding planes displays. Masking is only for labels and sun glare.

20 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

You just have to change $cosview and $sinview with the cos() and sin() value of the new angle. You must also check that planes behind you will still be displayed. The ground squares may be display farther than other objects.

It's normal that mirror doesnt work when zooming, there was glitch to I disabled the display.

I noticed the Mirror "hole" for label masking (and for sun glare), I made some change to fix it in 12.2 but did not check it yet. But I'm not sure that the problem you have with the Yak1b is linked to my mod, because I do not change anything regarding planes displays. Masking is only for labels and sun glare.

Regarding the cosview and sinview, I realize I need to change the values. I am just not sure what numbers to put in there to increase from 15 to 20 to 25. And no problems about the mirrors! Super excited about the snap looks!

6 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Regarding the cosview and sinview, I realize I need to change the values. I am just not sure what numbers to put in there to increase from 15 to 20 to 25. And no problems about the mirrors! Super excited about the snap looks!

I'm using 20° now. It works fine with my Pimax 5K+. Thanks for the wonderful mod, lefuneste.

The values for 20° are following:

[Keyh]
; rotate view left 
; 20°
$cosView = 0.939693
$sinView = 0.342020

[Keyi]
; rotate view right 

; 20°
$cosView = 0.939693
$sinView = -0.342020

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

AVX0. Those numbers work great. I can sometimes see a few flashes of blank squares at the very edge, but it is easily ignored. Thanks!

Edited by redcloud111

Very preliminary but I think you can get the idea. 3Dmigoto is really amazing.

2019_4_23__20_39_11.thumb.png.2a5052b8947e1a87a7751b7d66097a04.png

11 hours ago, LizLemon said:

Very preliminary but I think you can get the idea. 3Dmigoto is really amazing.

2019_4_23__20_39_11.thumb.png.2a5052b8947e1a87a7751b7d66097a04.png

Did you use the different color settings for outside and cockpit ?

I woonder if someone would use them...

I did not find the time to check why your mod was not working with the 12.2. I will do that once my work on DCS will be finished, so hopefully for the end of the week.

10 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Did you use the different color settings for outside and cockpit ?

I woonder if someone would use them...

I did not find the time to check why your mod was not working with the 12.2. I will do that once my work on DCS will be finished, so hopefully for the end of the week.

I'm not changing anything with the color grading. It solely from altering the tonemapping.

With regards to the dithering; I wonder if having a replacement texture injected through a key is what is causing the issue. Maybe there is some goofy way it has to be done?

On 4/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

Tengo un problema con el zoom 3dmigoto v11.3. Cuando activa el zoom, en un aeropuerto, la pista no se ajusta a la vista y se mueve al mismo tiempo. Los efectos especiales aparecen desplazados. Utilice WMR Lenovo Explorer. ¿Le pasa a alguien más? Esta misma configuración en el archivo userkeymappingzoom.ini para un visor WMR Odisey + no sucede y todo se ve perfecto. ¿Qué puede estar fallando?

Hi, in my case I have both Lenovo Explorer and Samsung Odyssey +, and with the same configuration in game and 3dmigoto mod, if I plug in the Odyssey + everything looks good, but if I plug in the Lenovo I see the same graphical error as in this video.

It's strange ... I've tried to modify the zoom values in the
"user_keymapping_zoom.ini" but I can not make it look good.

I remember that in the first versions of the mod this did not happen..

I hope it helps to find some solution.

Thank you very much for this great mod.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:58 AM, Ala13_armanGT_VR said:

Hi, in my case I have both Lenovo Explorer and Samsung Odyssey +, and with the same configuration in game and 3dmigoto mod, if I plug in the Odyssey + everything looks good, but if I plug in the Lenovo I see the same graphical error as in this video.

It's strange ... I've tried to modify the zoom values in the
"user_keymapping_zoom.ini" but I can not make it look good.

I remember that in the first versions of the mod this did not happen..

I hope it helps to find some solution.

Thank you very much for this great mod.

That's very strange, because the problem you are showing is linked to shader not modified to take zoom into account.

But that should not be linked to the HMD used, otherwise that means that there are specific shaders toggled for Lenovo in game ?

Can you make a track and play it with both helmet, to be sure that the thigns displayed are the same ?

On 4/15/2019 at 11:46 PM, LizLemon said:

Stalingrad summer at 6 am. Banding in the sky should be really obvious at that time.

I couldn't see any banding with or without the mod...

I made a new try with this version : http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsxhqkr8lidhtpb/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.3.zip/file  , can you check ?

I use a "addOn" directory which contain your mod. Could be easier to mix other mod on 3dmigoto

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, lefuneste said:

That's very strange, because the problem you are showing is linked to shader not modified to take zoom into account.

But that should not be linked to the HMD used, otherwise that means that there are specific shaders toggled for Lenovo in game ?

Can you make a track and play it with both helmet, to be sure that the thigns displayed are the same ?

I have been able to make some screenshots, with the same settings, just by changing the HDM ..  Everything has been tested using the ZOOM configuration of the file "user_keymapping_zoom.ini.odyssey", also I tried with default file "user_keymapping_zoom.ini", but have same result.

Graphic options:

settings.thumb.jpg.30aed6fdac1c57abb200b06e1ea3d218.jpg

ZOOM ODYSSEY+:

samsung2.thumb.jpg.41c50013624186fa01c6bed1a17323cc.jpg

ZOOM LENOVO:

lenovo3.thumb.jpg.5592c5b7f3b321c721b8e60e6256b4cd.jpg

Another example:

lenovo2.thumb.jpg.90e51e0f0336060d49e5466afb338e9b.jpg

This also happens with the contrails of the planes, they look out of place ... 

ZOOM ODYSSEY+:

samsung1.thumb.jpg.2af88bcee547b93ee5aa3b3e18792cca.jpg

ZOOM LENOVO:

lenovo1.thumb.jpg.f7a1a77bb92dd9750fdb3d3af94df9b1.jpg

Repeat, in the first versions of the 3dmigoto mod this did not happen, if it gives some idea.... 

I hope it works.

Edited by Ala13_armanGT_VR

Try to do this : in d3dx.ini replace the line "export_shaders=0" to "export_shaders=1"

Launch the game with Lenovo, play the most situation on which you have zoom problems.

Once finished, close the game and zip the folder "shadercache", which may contain a lot of files.

Share the zip so I will be able to download it.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, lefuneste said:

I couldn't see any banding with or without the mod...

I made a new try with this version : http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsxhqkr8lidhtpb/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.3.zip/file  , can you check ?

I use a "addOn" directory which contain your mod. Could be easier to mix other mod on 3dmigoto

Yes it seems to be working.

I've also found a way to extend the building draw distance a bit. Its most noticeable at high altitude.

380848285_ddcompare.thumb.png.da974f8a744ea7602af71e7458d7519c.png

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, Ala13_armanGT_VR said:

I have been able to make some screenshots, with the same settings, just by changing the HDM ..  Everything has been tested using the ZOOM configuration of the file "user_keymapping_zoom.ini.odyssey", also I tried with default file "user_keymapping_zoom.ini", but have same result.

Graphic options:

settings.thumb.jpg.30aed6fdac1c57abb200b06e1ea3d218.jpg

ZOOM ODYSSEY+:

samsung2.thumb.jpg.41c50013624186fa01c6bed1a17323cc.jpg

ZOOM LENOVO:

lenovo3.thumb.jpg.5592c5b7f3b321c721b8e60e6256b4cd.jpg

Another example:

lenovo2.thumb.jpg.90e51e0f0336060d49e5466afb338e9b.jpg

This also happens with the contrails of the planes, they look out of place ... 

ZOOM ODYSSEY+:

samsung1.thumb.jpg.2af88bcee547b93ee5aa3b3e18792cca.jpg

ZOOM LENOVO:

lenovo1.thumb.jpg.f7a1a77bb92dd9750fdb3d3af94df9b1.jpg

Repeat, in the first versions of the 3dmigoto mod this did not happen, if it gives some idea.... 

I hope it works.

Hi 

What zoom offset do you have set on ich zoom levels for O+ , i can't get rid of double objects. 

El 12/2/2019 a las 0:28, AKA_Big10 dijo:
On 29/4/2019 at 19:28, lefuneste said:

Intente hacer esto: en d3dx.ini reemplace la línea "export_shaders = 0" a "export_shaders = 1"

Inicie el juego con Lenovo, juegue la mayoría de las situaciones en las que tenga problemas de zoom.

Una vez que haya terminado, cierre el juego y cierre la carpeta "shadercache", que puede contener muchos archivos.

Comparte el zip para que pueda descargarlo.

these failures correspond to smoke, airports, according to distance.

example:

ShaderCache.rar

Lefuneste merci pour ton MOD

j'ai une question

Peut on jouer en multi avec le mod installé avec JSGME ? 

car pour activer le Mod il faut cocher Mod on il me semble ...

Merci pour ton travail

2 hours ago, Voss said:

car pour activer le Mod il faut cocher Mod on il me semble ...

Pas pour ce mod.

7 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

these failures correspond to smoke, airports, according to distance.

Can you also explain what you do to change configuration for your lenovo and explain the differences you made in config. files ?