lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Posted (edited)

@=IL2AU=ToknMurican Thanks. I forgot to mention that that was the first thing that I did. Renamed the original zoom.ini and and made the ini.Vive the new zoom.ini. As is, distant objects appear double unless I close either eye. I succeeded in making the 5x zoom without double vision with both eyes open but couldn’t make the 10x do the same.

I have no idea what the values do to the convergence. What the numbers before and after the decimal do in relation to the object focal point.

Edited by BP_Lizard

Posted (edited)

Ah sorry, I wouldn't know what to do there.  glad that was all figured out by another odyssey user before me, personally.   y6 should adjust the horizontal convergence, as described above the entry in the .vive file.  I'd imagine lower is closer together and higher is further apart or vice versa.  Might be easier to measure with the mask center (the black circles) set to 0.0. (x7) (1.0 is no black circles)   In my odyssey the two black circles kind of overlap slightly on the inner curves but when I turn them off and zoom at objects it's pretty spot on, no double vision.   maybe adjust in + -.05 increments until you're happy or fine tune from there.   

From the 10x settings in the .vive file

; horizontal zoomed view shift for convergence    
y6 = 0.5
; vertical zoomed view shift     
y7 = 0.1  

;Xvalue for zoom mask center. Set 1.0 to remove it.        
x7 = 0.0

y7 adjust the zoomed image vertically. 

Edited by =IL2AU=ToknMurican

On 3/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, BP_Lizard said:

Anybody using a Vive kindly share their settings please. Thanks.

I’m getting double vision on 10x zoom. How do I fix that?

I was able to somehow fix the zoom on 5x by entering values on y6 and y7 randomly. I have no idea what those numbers do. 😄

I notice in the user_keymapping_zoom.ini.vive only has part of my settings. I use x6 and y6 in combination (to get a more central zoomed image for my eyes) and if you remove the x6 part then my y6 values will no longer converge correctly.

These are my current settings: (note that i'm using the older key bindings, which you can change)

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
x6 = 0.15
y6 = 0.15
y7 = -0.15 
x7 = 1.0        
;Yvalue for zoom mask center.     
w6 = 0.0

[Key2]
;set  low zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DOWN
type = hold
w = 3
x6 = 0.05
y6 = 0.05        
y7 = 0.0                      
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0  

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
w = 5.0
x6 = 0.1
y6 = 0.1
y7 = 0.05 
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0    

21 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

@=IL2AU=ToknMurican Thanks. I forgot to mention that that was the first thing that I did. Renamed the original zoom.ini and and made the ini.Vive the new zoom.ini. As is, distant objects appear double unless I close either eye. I succeeded in making the 5x zoom without double vision with both eyes open but couldn’t make the 10x do the same.

I have no idea what the values do to the convergence. What the numbers before and after the decimal do in relation to the object focal point.

Most people just use the y7 however i found that the an object that was in central vision before zoom appeared to shift to the left of central as i zoomed on it.

I have found that the y6 and x6 are your eyes line of sight (one is left eye the other is right; dont know which though).

x6 and y6 Increased is reduce vision crossing (widen eyes) Most people just use the y7
   in the decreased is cross vision (cross eyes more)  (i.e increase number to un-cross eyes/ decrease to cross eyes) 

y6 and x6 should be similar numbers so that each eye is equal distance from a center view line. I found that the zoom convergence was a total x6+y6=1.0(example number). Therefore i could move the zoom image left or right by changing both y6 and x6 together as long as they equaled 1.0(example) combined.

I knew if the image (i focused on a distant plane) was crossed : by  holding zoom, if i saw a double plane then i closed one eye. If your left eye closes and the right plane disappears then your vision is crossed. Left eye closed and left plane disappears then your vision is wide and un-crossed.

y7 moves the image up and down. Increase to move view down (ie, viewed target up).

Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)

@Wraithzlt  @=IL2AU=ToknMurican: Thanks for the help. I’ll surely try those settings.

I noticed that the latest version doesn't have the x6 parameter anymore. I wonder how that impacts the adjustment.

Edited by BP_Lizard

8 hours ago, Wraithzlt said:

I notice in the user_keymapping_zoom.ini.vive only has part of my settings. I use x6 and y6 in combination (to get a more central zoomed image for my eyes) and if you remove the x6 part then my y6 values will no longer converge correctly.

Most people just use the y7 however i found that the an object that was in central vision before zoom appeared to shift to the left of central as i zoomed on it.

I have found that the y6 and x6 are your eyes line of sight (one is left eye the other is right; dont know which though).

x6 and y6 Increased is reduce vision crossing (widen eyes) Most people just use the y7
   in the decreased is cross vision (cross eyes more)  (i.e increase number to un-cross eyes/ decrease to cross eyes) 

y6 and x6 should be similar numbers so that each eye is equal distance from a center view line. I found that the zoom convergence was a total x6+y6=1.0(example number). Therefore i could move the zoom image left or right by changing both y6 and x6 together as long as they equaled 1.0(example) combined.

I'm afraid that your vision is a bit wrong for x6 and y6. Yes they are acting on vision crossing but there is no magic rule between x6 and y6.

Both are adding an offset in X direction, this offset is opposite for each eye.

But the value added for offset driven by x6 is constant, and the value added by y6 is multiplied by vertex distance.

To be more simple : y6 offset seen on the screen is the same for all object, whatever their depth. x6 offset seen on screen is decreasing with the depth of the object, and so is only seen for cockpit and  near parts of plane. Try to activate / desactivate the "IPD like" feature to see that.

So, if you zoom on a far object, using x6 for zoom setting will have nearly zero effect on the display of  this object. This is why I removed it from the settings because, at opposite, it will have unexpected effect on the display of cockpit (but you you should not try to look cockpit with zoom greater than 2, as you can not use real goggles to see near objects).

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, =IL2AU=ToknMurican said:

Me thinks maybe you forgot to uninstall or disable the mod before downloading the patch. 11.3 is still working with the latest version for me.       

Methinks you are correct.  Embarrassingly I have made that mistake before.  Thanks!

this might be a stupid question, but my gun sight dimmed and I dont know how to make it brighter, can someone help me??

1 hour ago, -99th-Buddy said:

this might be a stupid question, but my gun sight dimmed and I dont know how to make it brighter, can someone help me??

Do you have this problem when using the mod ? In this case try LALT + k (if you keep default keymapping)

Loving this mod so far!  Thanks for the effort!

One quick question, I'm left eye dominant and would like it to default to "modified sight left eye only" so I don't have to ALT K to get there every game.  I've tried swapping the 4.0 and the 5.0 in the series below to no avail... is there a way to do this?

[Key4]
; toggle sight fix
; 0 : original sight
; 1 : modified sight
; 3 : no sight
; 4 : modified sight right eye only
; 5 : modified sight left eye only
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl k
type = cycle
y2 = 5.0, 3.0, 0.0, 4.0
z3 = 3.0, 1.0, 0.0

Modify your user_var_initialization.ini file to add "y2 = 5.0", the place where you try to make your modification is dedicated to handle things to do when the key is pressed, not the default values.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Modify your user_var_initialization.ini file to add "y2 = 5.0", the place where you try to make your modification is dedicated to handle things to do when the key is pressed, not the default values.

Cheers, you're awesome, thanks!

On 3/10/2019 at 7:52 AM, -99th-Buddy said:

On 3/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, lefuneste said:

Do you have this problem when using the mod ? In this case try LALT + k (if you keep default keymapping)

Like Buddy i also got a dimmed gun sight since the last version of the mod. ALt+K changes in front of which eye the sight is centered or projected but i cant seem to find how to change the brightness of the sight. Is there a solution within the config files?

3 hours ago, 1.JaVA_SgtChanceless said:

Like Buddy i also got a dimmed gun sight since the last version of the mod. ALt+K changes in front of which eye the sight is centered or projected but i cant seem to find how to change the brightness of the sight. Is there a solution within the config files?

Yes, see "customizaton" part of first post, it is explained (sight strenght paragraph).

Hello again @lefuneste thank you for your work on the mod.

Over on the DCS forums someone has a shader mod to help with VR performance. They are modifying the anti-aliasing shader to only be enabled for 'central' pixels, kind of like fixed foveated rendering (it's fixed foveated AA, I guess). I was wondering if an equivalent thing might work for IL2. Could you use your existing "binoculars" mask to only do AA on centralized pixels? Might help a bit with framerate for some people.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Over on the DCS forums someone has a shader mod to help with VR performance. They are modifying the anti-aliasing shader to only be enabled for 'central' pixels, kind of like fixed foveated rendering (it's fixed foveated AA, I guess). I was wondering if an equivalent thing might work for IL2. Could you use your existing "binoculars" mask to only do AA on centralized pixels? Might help a bit with framerate for some people.

That'd be cool.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

There are simulair technology for free made by Nvidia, to overcome performance drop when using VR, it is only the matter of implementating them by 1C. 

BTW good finding and thanks for publishing on this forum. 

Edited by Dutch2

First of all, thank you very much for your mod and your hard work, its really amazing and appreciated. 

Ive been running some tests lately and I dont know why but I seem to be getting a big FPS loss using 3dMigoto, even when disabling the Cloud Fix.

I love the zoom features of it, I dont really need anything else, so is there any optimized settings to just have the zoom and not lose 10 fps?

In this benchmark I have run just now Im getting these numbers, doing a autopilot test run with heavy clouds, cloud fix is disabeld on the ini settings of 3dmigoto.

3d Migoto disabled:

2019-03-18 14:57:17 - Il-2
Frames: 10351 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 57.506 - Min: 41 - Max: 89

3d Migoto enabled:

2019-03-18 15:15:51 - Il-2
Frames: 8072 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 44.844 - Min: 40 - Max: 46

I have rerun it a few times and it seems to be consistant, I lose around 10-13 fps average when enabling it.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

On 3/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, Alonzo said:

At first I do not have the programming  level to do optimization, and the mod for DCS is modifying things at higher level than I can do with 3DMigoto.

Using AA means in IL2BOS that rendering target is set to 1.5x or 2x the final rendering, that are things that can not be changed by 3dmigoto in VR.

I'll have a look when I find time, but do not count too much on improvement coming for 3dmigoto.

22 hours ago, hayraddin said:

First of all, thank you very much for your mod and your hard work, its really amazing and appreciated. 

Ive been running some tests lately and I dont know why but I seem to be getting a big FPS loss using 3dMigoto, even when disabling the Cloud Fix.

I love the zoom features of it, I dont really need anything else, so is there any optimized settings to just have the zoom and not lose 10 fps?

In this benchmark I have run just now Im getting these numbers, doing a autopilot test run with heavy clouds, cloud fix is disabeld on the ini settings of 3dmigoto.

3d Migoto disabled:

2019-03-18 14:57:17 - Il-2
Frames: 10351 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 57.506 - Min: 41 - Max: 89

3d Migoto enabled:

2019-03-18 15:15:51 - Il-2
Frames: 8072 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 44.844 - Min: 40 - Max: 46

I have rerun it a few times and it seems to be consistant, I lose around 10-13 fps average when enabling it.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

The only thing that can be disabled and may take fps is the cloud fix. But you tried to disable it and it doesn't change anything...

I made some testing with the track of this post and did not notice any fps loss and the track is no more valid with the last version.

It looks likes also that ASW is triggered, so maybe you loose only 2 or 3 fps but that will make your fps going back to 45 instead of 88 for example. That may produce wrong mean results.

Please post simple and robust test protocol (offline only, without ASW) so anyone can compare with your results.

Have you tried adding a dither/noise pass that only affects the sky/clouds? Both are drawing to their own target before being combined with the rest of the framebuffer. If you could add some noise to just that cloud/sky pass then the banding could be eliminated without compromising quality elsewhere.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, GiFFarD77_VR said:

Does this mod work in a war thunder?

Of course not, you will have to make a version for this game.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

4 минуты назад, lefuneste сказал:

Of course not, you will have to make a version for this game.

It's a pity!:cray:

Think this is a record for the amount of patches without breaking the mod. We're on I think 2 or 3. Celebrations.

I think I managed to create quite a good color settings for night missions. Highlighted below. It does not completely eliminate the pixel-net look of the default colors at night but considerably reduces it. It is possible to eliminate it but then it becomes too dark. This setting is darker at night than the default but brighter at sunlight so I don't use it at daylight.

image.png.a83520e203743f8e9f2c168771da373b.png

On 9/22/2018 at 4:23 AM, Alonzo said:

I would like to disable all of the modifications except for the VR zoom -- that's the thing that I really need. I have been commenting out [TextureOverridesXXXX] sections in d3dx.ini but so far have not seen any performance change. I'm actually not at all sure if my changes make any difference! Is there some way I can remove all but the VR zoom mod?

Alonzo did you manage to strip this mod to "zoom only"?

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, hayraddin said:

The same problem. After last game update i noticed 10-15 fps loss and constant micro freezes using 3dmigoto (both multiplayer and sinleplayer). After unistalling the Mod  game runs very smooth and fps is almost 90 again.

Tested in 11.0 and 11.3 versions of the mod.

Edited by Pipa_VR

11 hours ago, marklar said:

Alonzo did you manage to strip this mod to "zoom only"?

I didn't manage to achieve it. And actually, even disabling most of the fixes that the mod provides and breaking a lot of stuff, I didn't get that much performance gain. So I decided to just use the mod out-of-the-box, mostly not worry about framerates, accept 45 FPS ASW for some fight sequences, and pray for ASW 2.0 to fix everything. Sorry I can't offer more!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent mod! Thanks very much.

I am not VR user but the mod is very useful for 2D. Everything works OK except kneepad. LALT + J just not work for me, no kneepad show... I have the latest version 11.3; all ini files default; I checked that the hotkey is not used in the key binding in the game... Any idea what I missed?

Edited by Tapi

13 hours ago, Tapi said:

Excellent mod! Thanks very much.

I am not VR user but the mod is very useful for 2D. Everything works OK except kneepad. LALT + J just not work for me, no kneepad show... I have the latest version 11.3; all ini files default; I checked that the hotkey is not used in the key binding in the game... Any idea what I missed?

Maybe a global shader has changed ? If you are using sharpen or HDR, try to disable it.

I'll have a look.

9 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Maybe a global shader has changed ? If you are using sharpen or HDR, try to disable it.

I'll have a look.

THX for the tip. I disabled HDR and kneepad works!

Following this guide; https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki/Replacing-textures

I added my dither fix to 3dmigoto with the following lines;

[ShaderOverrideDither]
Hash=b1129bc6cf86c3c7
checktextureoverride = ps-t5

[TextureOverrideDither]
Hash=fbe163aa
ps-t5=ResourceReplaceTextureDither

[ResourceReplaceTextureDither]
filename = ReplacementTextures\Dither.dds

But its not appearing in-game. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to add some lines to the user config? Does 3dmigoto just not handle injecting .dds textures right?

10 hours ago, LizLemon said:

Following this guide; https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki/Replacing-textures

I added my dither fix to 3dmigoto with the following lines;

[ShaderOverrideDither]
Hash=b1129bc6cf86c3c7
checktextureoverride = ps-t5

[TextureOverrideDither]
Hash=fbe163aa
ps-t5=ResourceReplaceTextureDither

[ResourceReplaceTextureDither]
filename = ReplacementTextures\Dither.dds

But its not appearing in-game. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to add some lines to the user config? Does 3dmigoto just not handle injecting .dds textures right?

I did not check so much, but to me it looks like  that it should work if you use the right hash for the texture. Where did you find it ? In shaderusage.txt ?

Anyway, all features in 3dmigoto should be toggled on and off in case of problem and just to allow all users to pick the features they want instead of a global package. So it should be better to load your texture in a specific resources and texture registry, and modify the shader to use this texture registry instead of the default if the right variable toggle it. Have a look of how I made the kneepad.

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with a double image. (Samsung Odyssey Plus)

With Oculus Rift no problem. There is a problem only with the Odyssey

Help me please🙏

Is there a way to adjust the tank’s default gunsight zoom view on VR? Currently, mine looks like as if I'm looking through a long tunnel with the numbers so tiny thus unreadable. I have 3D Migoto and although the zoom function works great, I have to keep pressing the button to keep it on while I make the sight adjustments which makes it really awkward. 

So, is there a way to adjust the default gunsight view to make it larger or, at least, make the 3D Migoto's zoom latching on demand instead of only temporary? Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

Tengo un problema con el zoom 3dmigoto v11.3. Cuando activa el zoom, en un aeropuerto, la pista no se ajusta a la vista y se mueve al mismo tiempo. Los efectos especiales aparecen desplazados. Utilice WMR Lenovo Explorer. ¿Le pasa a alguien más? Esta misma configuración en el archivo userkeymappingzoom.ini para un visor WMR Odisey + no sucede y todo se ve perfecto. ¿Qué puede estar fallando?

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

Tengo un problema con el zoom 3dmigoto v11.3. Cuando activa el zoom, en un aeropuerto, la pista no se ajusta a la vista y se mueve al mismo tiempo. Los efectos especiales aparecen desplazados. Utilice WMR Lenovo Explorer. ¿Le pasa a alguien más? Esta misma configuración en el archivo userkeymappingzoom.ini para un visor WMR Odisey + no sucede y todo se ve perfecto. ¿Qué puede estar fallando?

Sorry I speak only french and english (barely).

Try to properly uninstall the mod and use the last version.

There is no reason that only you have this problem, except a wrong install.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:43 AM, BP_Lizard said:
Is there a way to adjust the tank’s default gunsight zoom view on VR? Currently, mine looks like as if I'm looking through a long tunnel with the numbers so tiny thus unreadable. I have 3D Migoto and although the zoom function works great, I have to keep pressing the button to keep it on while I make the sight adjustments which makes it really awkward. 

So, is there a way to adjust the default gunsight view to make it larger or, at least, make the 3D Migoto's zoom latching on demand instead of only temporary? Thanks in advance.

Try to replace the lines in user_keymapping_zoom.ini like below for the low zoom:

[Key2]
;set  low zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_PRIOR
type = cycle
w = 1.5, 1.0
y6 = 0.15, 0.0
y7 = 0.0, 0.0
x7 = 1.0, 0.0
w6 = 0.0, 0.0

On 4/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, RusGiFFarD77_VR said:

Hi guys,

Help me please🙏

Have a look here: 

Edited by lefuneste

On 4/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, RusGiFFarD77_VR said:

Hi guys,

Help me please🙏

I had same problem , dropped VR, not because of this but overall I don't like to suffer from current low resolution.

• Upvote 1

@Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

EN: zoom configuration is defined by your HMD check the link that Lefuneste provided.

ES: La configuración de zoom está definida para cada HMD en este mod, revisa el enlace que Lefuneste te ha dejado

hi guys.

Can anyone  walk me through installing this mod as Im a simpleton.  I installed the mod using JSGME. but it wont work.

I find the front page explanation confusing (im not very programming savvy) there seems to be something about an ini file i have to copy paste over?  is this to get the mod to work?  I have an Odyssey +  so do i have to copy paste the odysseyplus.ini into a folder?  If so

1 - where is the O+ ini!?  i cant see a link to download it

2 - will this file overwrite all my existing key/joystick bindings i already have!?

Thanks if anyone can help.