lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

Hi everyone. Thank you again to Lefuneste for an excellent mod. My Oculus cable busted over Christmas holidays and I only just received a new one.

I have a question about zoom. I find 10x is way too much, but that 5x is sometimes not enough for ID and that in-game zoom is weak. I think what I'd really like is maybe a 3x and 7x zoom. Last time I tried this I basically totally failed at finding the correct offset values and just gave myself a headache, but the values for Oculus 5x and 10x work great for me.

Has anyone got zoom settings for something other than 5x and 10x on Oculus that they could share please?

Maybe you van try again with the 10.6 and the binocular target. You can use the mirror display, the settings are good when the same object is in the same place in the target for both eyes. No need to wear the Rift...

And a tuto is here (without the target)

check brzi_joe post.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Upvote 1

Version 10.6.2 available in first post. It fixes some bugs/glitches, especially the horizon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Maybe you van try again with the 10.6 and the binocular target. You can use the mirror display, the settings are good when the same object is in the same place in the target for both eyes. No need to wear the Rift...

And a tuto is here

check brzi_joe post.

Great! I think that worked. Here are my settings for the Rift, for my (average) IPD:

; 7.0, 0.9, -0.61  is good for 7x
; 5.0, 0.6, -0.425 is good for 5x
; 3.0, 0.3, -0.2  is good for 3x

Anyone else use a combination of in-game VR zoom and MOD zoom (lowest)? Or are you all just using 5x/10x from the mod?

Hi all.

I'm new to all this modding stuff and could use some help getting this going.  I've got the JSGME application on my system and I have downloaded the migoto mod.  JSGME says that the migoto mod is activated.  I have enabled mods within IL-2 BoS.  However, when I start a quick mission to test if the mod is working nothing has changed.  I can't use insert/home to zoom, can't disable the prop.

What might I have missed?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Edited by cmorris975

On 1/17/2019 at 10:43 PM, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Anyone else use a combination of in-game VR zoom and MOD zoom (lowest)? Or are you all just using 5x/10x from the mod?

I do.. I use the game x2 zoom and x5 mod zoom. Works great.

On 1/17/2019 at 4:35 PM, lefuneste said:

Version 10.6.2 available in first post. It fixes some bugs/glitches, especially the horizon.

great job, lefuneste! Installed 10.6.2 without problems. The sun shader is fixed, all of the previously observed pixelation is gone! Thanks a lot again!

1 hour ago, cmorris975 said:

Hi all.

I'm new to all this modding stuff and could use some help getting this going.  I've got the JSGME application on my system and I have downloaded the migoto mod.  JSGME says that the migoto mod is activated.  I have enabled mods within IL-2 BoS.  However, when I start a quick mission to test if the mod is working nothing has changed.  I can't use insert/home to zoom, can't disable the prop.

What might I have missed?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

1) you don't need to 'enable mods' in game, this is a graphics shader based mod and it doesn't modify the actual game files.

2) what JSGME reports has nothing to do with the actual correct installation of the mod files, i.e. it'll just report that files have been written to whatever folder you specified. Make sure you 'install' or copy the files+folder in to the correct location of your game. I.e.  if you play through Steam then:   Disk:\\SteamApps\Common\Il2Sturmovik(or hwatever it's called)\bin\game\

Make sure all of the new folders included in the .zip file (i.e. ReplacementTextures, ShaderCache, ShaderFixes, ShaderFixes.manual, users_settings)  and  .dll, d3dx.ini etc files actually have been copied and exist inside the ..\bin\game\ folder.

3) If it's all there then make sure you're using the correct keyboard shortcuts.

let's start with the obvious troubleshooting first. 😄

• Like 1

OK, this might seem like a really dumb question but here goes.

Flying in VR, I've ended up looking at this mod several times and each time not bothering with it. Why? Because it has a bucket list of cool features... that I don't feel I need. At the same time, at no point does it explicitly say it gives better contact visibility under normal conditions (no zoom, no clouds, no glare). Have I understood that correctly? Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, =X51=VC_ said:

OK, this might seem like a really dumb question but here goes.

Flying in VR, I've ended up looking at this mod several times and each time not bothering with it. Why? Because it has a bucket list of cool features... that I don't feel I need. At the same time, at no point does it explicitly say it gives better contact visibility under normal conditions (no zoom, no clouds, no glare). Have I understood that correctly? Or am I missing something?

I use it to disable propeller (which in real life you dont see anyway).

Also to adjust IPD (Odyssey + is about 90% scale) now have perfect scale like Oculus.

Those two for me are totally worth it.

To me is a challenge, I dont know how to change the colors (I wish)

Tried to make the extra zoom work, it did worked once after lots of work and its a big improvement, but it disabled my throttle.

Have not been able to make the zoom work again.(also I really wish)

If you can setup everything right is totally worth it specially if you do MP the zoom is a must.

1 hour ago, moosya said:

I do.. I use the game x2 zoom and x5 mod zoom. Works great.

great job, lefuneste! Installed 10.6.2 without problems. The sun shader is fixed, all of the previously observed pixelation is gone! Thanks a lot again!

1) you don't need to 'enable mods' in game, this is a graphics shader based mod and it doesn't modify the actual game files.

2) what JSGME reports has nothing to do with the actual correct installation of the mod files, i.e. it'll just report that files have been written to whatever folder you specified. Make sure you 'install' or copy the files+folder in to the correct location of your game. I.e.  if you play through Steam then:   Disk:\\SteamApps\Common\Il2Sturmovik(or hwatever it's called)\bin\game\

Make sure all of the new folders included in the .zip file (i.e. ReplacementTextures, ShaderCache, ShaderFixes, ShaderFixes.manual, users_settings)  and  .dll, d3dx.ini etc files actually have been copied and exist inside the ..\bin\game\ folder.

3) If it's all there then make sure you're using the correct keyboard shortcuts.

let's start with the obvious troubleshooting first. 😄

Thanks!  I manually put the files from the mod's \game folder into the \game folder of the IL 2 install and it now works.  

1 minute ago, cmorris975 said:

Thanks!  I manually put the files from the mod's \game folder into the \game folder of the IL 2 install and it now works.  

cool, good job! I don't use JSGME either, just use plain old copy/replace/delete :)

3 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

I use it to disable propeller (which in real life you dont see anyway).

Also to adjust IPD (Odyssey + is about 90% scale) now have perfect scale like Oculus.

Those two for me are totally worth it.

To me is a challenge, I dont know how to change the colors (I wish)

Tried to make the extra zoom work, it did worked once after lots of work and its a big improvement, but it disabled my throttle.

Have not been able to make the zoom work again.(also I really wish)

If you can setup everything right is totally worth it specially if you do MP the zoom is a must.

never had a problem with prop or IPD, or anything else. Not zoom either.

In MP, what's killing me is not inability to ID. What's killing me is I can't see dots at a decent range unless I zoom. I need some kind of contrast or render settings to see dots sooner when just scanning the sky normally. Seems this mod doesn't do that.

23 minutes ago, =X51=VC_ said:

In MP, what's killing me is not inability to ID. What's killing me is I can't see dots at a decent range unless I zoom. I need some kind of contrast or render settings to see dots sooner when just scanning the sky normally. Seems this mod doesn't do that.

No.

Maybe you can play with brightness and saturation, but that's all. No miracle.

Edited by lefuneste

I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for producing this awesome mod!   

• Like 1

Good news : the new features of last 3dmigoto lib allow me to definitively get rid of the blinking grass and wrong ship trails.

I have still some things to do for better maintenance and some checking before releasing this 10.7 version.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Primer día con 3Dmigoto,

Wings of Liberty

4 derribos 1 asistencia 

Zoom X10 = dios

De verdad un gran trabajo Lefuneste

Es una gran ayuda para identificar, que es uno de los principales problemas del VR.

Just wanted to give lefuneste a huge thanks. All aspects of this mod are working for my Odyssey+ (I am using Fenris's settings, as well). The displaced horizon after resizing the cockpit is no longer an issue, which had still been a minor problem. Everything else works as expected. Amazing!

I have one question: the black circles are slightly off for each level of zoom. But the zooms appear to work for me. For optimal zoom, am I supposed to try to match up the black binocular circles? For example, if I have y6 = 30 and the left and right circles are a quarter off, should I decrease the amount and by how much to bring them together? The reason I ask instead of just testing this myself is that for some reason alt-tabbing sometimes takes forever for the game to come back into focus. For this reason, I have relied on the direction of others.

Thanks!

thanks so much for this mod

my right eyes terrible and couldnt see the sight so i keep having to use in left.

is there a way i can default to this?

and propellar off as default as well?

many thanks

Edited by colemanuk82

4 hours ago, colemanuk82 said:

thanks so much for this mod

my right eyes terrible and couldnt see the sight so i keep having to use in left.

is there a way i can default to this?

and propellar off as default as well?

many thanks

Yes, see "customization" part of first post, I tried to explain all.

10 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Just wanted to give lefuneste a huge thanks. All aspects of this mod are working for my Odyssey+ (I am using Fenris's settings, as well). The displaced horizon after resizing the cockpit is no longer an issue, which had still been a minor problem. Everything else works as expected. Amazing!

I have one question: the black circles are slightly off for each level of zoom. But the zooms appear to work for me. For optimal zoom, am I supposed to try to match up the black binocular circles? For example, if I have y6 = 30 and the left and right circles are a quarter off, should I decrease the amount and by how much to bring them together? The reason I ask instead of just testing this myself is that for some reason alt-tabbing sometimes takes forever for the game to come back into focus. For this reason, I have relied on the direction of others.

Thanks!

you can offset the circle. See  customization part of  first post. You'll have to play with x7 and w6 in user_keymapping_zoom.ini.

Edited by lefuneste

Lefuneste. I understand at a basic level how to do this based on your instructions. I spent several hours when I first installed the mod adjusting x6, saving, alt-tabbing back to il2, looking through the headset, hitting f10, etc. Repeat. I had no luck. The only reason zoom works for me is because of the default settings for Odyssey. Thank god Fenris provided these and you put them the mod!

My problem is the load time when alt-tabbing makes this process take forever. This is why I am asking the specific questions if the circles need to be aligned and if to bring them closer to each other I should use a positive or negative number. I am willing to do the adjustments myself, but I want to minimize waiting during alt-tabbing as much as possible

In your instructions, you wrote:

"y6 is used to shift horizontally each image left or right when zoomed (each image is shifted in an opposite direction)"

Can you clarify this? Something along the lines of 

"To align the images, modify y6 either by adding a positive number or a negative number. The range is from -1.50 to 1.50 [is this correct?]. When adding a negative number the images move closer horizontally [is this correct?]. Likewise, a positive will move them away from each other."

Truth be told I am so amazed at this mod and what it does for us in Il2 I would happily revise the instructions for clarity in English, if I understood them! But I don't. 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, lefuneste said:

Yes, see "customization" part of first post, I tried to explain all.

you can offset the circle. See  customization part of  first post. You'll have to play with x7 and w6 in user_keymapping_zoom.ini.

ive managed to do the sight to the left eye but am unable to do the propellar default off?

any help would be great thank you

@colemanuk82 
For proppeler default off try in "d3dx.ini"

; propeller on/off flag
;----------------
; 0 = propeller ON, 1 = propeller OFF
z5 = 1

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@colemanuk82 
For proppeler default off try in "d3dx.ini"

; propeller on/off flag
;----------------
; 0 = propeller ON, 1 = propeller OFF
z5 = 1

Do not modify d3dx.ini, instead insert the line "z5=1" in  user_var_initialization.ini. I did not think that someone would like to play without propeller, so I did not put this entry in user_var_initialization.ini.

• Upvote 1

---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (simplificado)Chino (tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioShonaSindhiSomalíSotho meridionalSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol
Is there any parameter that can be modified so that the sun illuminates much less? When I look at the sun, my entire face is illuminated in an exaggerated way.

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

@lefuneste
I have 10.6.2 version, and it was mentioned before that some horizon issues were solved. I was not aware of such issues, but now (in 10.6.2) I see some problems when zooming. When looking direct in front of me, I see horizon well. But when I bend head right (to my shoulder) then right eye see darker horizon, and left eye see blurred or no horizon. It is opposite when bend to the left. 
Have you seen that?   

1 hour ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@lefuneste
I have 10.6.2 version, and it was mentioned before that some horizon issues were solved. I was not aware of such issues, but now (in 10.6.2) I see some problems when zooming. When looking direct in front of me, I see horizon well. But when I bend head right (to my shoulder) then right eye see darker horizon, and left eye see blurred or no horizon. It is opposite when bend to the left. 
Have you seen that?   

No, can you post a track to show the context ?

On 1/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:
---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (simplificado)Chino (tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioShonaSindhiSomalíSotho meridionalSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol
Is there any parameter that can be modified so that the sun illuminates much less? When I look at the sun, my entire face is illuminated in an exaggerated way.

If this is not a glitch introduced by the mod It should be kept it as it is. Otherwise that will be cheating.

@lefuneste 

so, with zoom and turning head left or right, horizon is not equal for left and right eye. One is blurred and second is clear (or clearer). In game it is strange, and I feel like there is no focus. If possible, please make it equal with booth eyes. 

Spoiler

06.png.c71126a0df99ddad8dc287ff947f09a6.png05.png.c71d26263e4b1a7cf65e236bf22dfac7.png04.png.fe107a344e8fd8cbb6efdfa22285ec3c.png03.png.aec1bc84e8704d3e8e8c5a2bb1e16ef6.png02.png.c0b4bfe8c07154c00c4d2d4ad8cd04a4.png01.png.98826e59cad6dd53f21cf4621b798f43.png

6 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@lefuneste 

so, with zoom and turning head left or right, horizon is not equal for left and right eye. One is blurred and second is clear (or clearer). In game it is strange, and I feel like there is no focus. If possible, please make it equal with booth eyes. 

I can not reproduce. Tested on Stalingrad and moscow map with clear weather.

I put in first post the 10.7 version that fix the last big glitches ("blinking" grass when zooming on ground, fire and light scales, ...) and restore the cloud fix function.

It makes planes less sharp than previously, because I had to find another way to avoid some cases when plane can be seen through cloud, but it still greatly improve plane visibility with low settings.

Edited by lefuneste

Just tried the mod yesterday for the first time (v10.7, never tried the mod before). Zoom is great, though I've had to fiddle with the offsets for almost an hour (and messed up my in-cockpit position, which I never thought might be changeable in VR).

But I had to leave the mod aside due to a performance hit. I use Vive Pro and without the Mod I get 80-90fps on the Novorossiysk (I think it was there) runway, but only 45fps with the mod.

How I tested: I backed up a clean game folder (just copy and rename) prior to installing the mod, unzipped the mod to original game folder, run from the modded folder, straight to quick missions, runway, no bots, spit mkVb, got 45fps, renamed the modded folder and changed backup to be the game folder, run the same mission, got 90fps. Reproduced 3 of 3.

21 minutes ago, dvndmmy said:

Just tried the mod yesterday for the first time (v10.7, never tried the mod before). Zoom is great, though I've had to fiddle with the offsets for almost an hour (and messed up my in-cockpit position, which I never thought might be changeable in VR).

But I had to leave the mod aside due to a performance hit. I use Vive Pro and without the Mod I get 80-90fps on the Novorossiysk (I think it was there) runway, but only 45fps with the mod.

How I tested: I backed up a clean game folder (just copy and rename) prior to installing the mod, unzipped the mod to original game folder, run from the modded folder, straight to quick missions, runway, no bots, spit mkVb, got 45fps, renamed the modded folder and changed backup to be the game folder, run the same mission, got 90fps. Reproduced 3 of 3.

That is strange, I  used the benchmark here and there is very few fps loss (1 or 2). Some previous version ago, there was some fps hit, but never 50%.

It looks like motion smoothing effect, could you try to disabled it to see how much fps you really loose ? And did you play to feel if the fps change is really noticable in game ?

Can you try to disable mod function one by one (see key binding in first post) and see if one is causing fps loss ?

I have more or less the same config than you (except VR headset, I have a Pimax 4K so I am caped at 60 fps...). Can you post a track or give more information of the context (which map, weather, time, arfield,...) ? I will check. 

Edited by lefuneste

5 минут назад, lefuneste сказал:

That is strange, I  used the benchmark here and there is very few fps loss (1 or 2). Some previous version ago, there was some fps hit, but never 50%.

It looks like motion smoothing effect, could you try to disabled it to see how much fps you really loose ? And did you play to feel if the fps change is really noticable in game ?

Can you try to disable mod function one by one (see key binding in first post) and see if one is causing fps loss ?

I have more or less the same config than you (except VR headset, I have a Pimax 4K so I am caped at 60 fps...). Can you post a track or give more information of the context (which map, weather, time, arfield,...) ? I will check. 

I have motion smoothing disabled in SteamVR (both in Video and specifically for IL-2 in Applications). Disabled it right after it was released, but also double-checked yesterday to make sure it did not self-enable in the options. I didn't change any options between the game restarts with and without the mod and have my startup.cfg read-only. I can't say it was really noticable/game-breaking because I didn't take off, just sat on the runway trying to get rid of double-vision in the zoom which took all my attention. I noticed this mainly because I had fpsVR running after I tried to fine-tune the graphics right before installing the mod (I've just upgraded from OG Vive).

I will try to get all the info (including the benchmark and track), hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Basically, that was a quick flight (the top menu item), 0730AM, small clouds at 500m, Kuban spring, Novorossiysk takeoff (I don't know why the marker for it is near Kabardinka on the map).

Did the new patch break the mod!? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, seems that zoom is broken. Buildings are detached, at least planes and transport still zoomable.

• Upvote 1

Ah, That's too bad. Well hopefully lefuneste has some time to take a quick look at some point. Good to know its still workable to zoom aircraft. 

Lefuneste is a very patience man 

Update - new patch = new works 🥴

I tip my hat and say ' thank you ' 👍😁

Hello. I know, I've seen that also, but as I was flying in a multiplayer campaign I did not have time to fix it. I did not see other glitches, is it your case ?

I do not know when I will find time to update the mod. Maybe today or tomorrow, otherwise it will be Sunday.

Whenever you find time for the update. Thanks you very much in advance!😃
Edited by Pikas_62
  • Upvote 1

IT IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT, WITHIN A LITTLE TIME THE NEW PATCH WILL COME OUT, WHERE THERE WILL BE MORE CHANGES, MAYBE IT HAS MORE SENSE TO WAIT, SO THAT I DO NOT WORK TWICE.

I can verify that the problem with zoom and ground objects is happening on Samsung Odyssey+ as well.