lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(13 features)

3 hours ago, moosya said:

@lefuneste

hey, man, thanks for the continuing updates and work you're doing! I'm back to using your mod with VivePro (stopped at v7.5) since I noticed pretty much no impact to the performance with v10. Excellent!

Quick question:  with 10.5 when I enable the IPD modifier (for scale correction in vivepro) there's a visible 'haziness' or almost like a layer of film that can be seen on the horizon. It goes away when I turn off the ipd modifier. I suspect it's something to do with the 'effect' you mentioned above. Haven't tried the 10.6 yet, wondering if it improves on this effect...

Yes. IPD modifier is greatly improved.

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

I tried different setttings both with Xoffset and the w values, but values didn't change anything, tried below and above 1, very low and very high numbers, end result was always the same. Is there a way to completely get rid of the masking? Otherwise i'll just install an older version of the Migoto App...

Are you sure that you modified the right file and the right variables ?

z4 and z6 should be used to scale up the mask. x7 to shift the mask target. But any variable change should be visible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

Are you sure that you modified the right file and the right variables ?

z4 and z6 should be used to scale up the mask. x7 to shift the mask target. But any variable change should be visible.

yes, i modified all 3 of them but didn't get any other result then default. Is it possible to disable the mask in a different way?

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, II./JG77_Manu* said:

yes, i modified all 3 of them but didn't get any other result then default. Is it possible to disable the mask in a different way?

Can you post here your modified user_keymapping_zoom.ini (the one in the game DIR, of course) ?

SCG_Fenris_Wolf confirm me that he disabled binocular mask by setting z4 and z6 to 0.01 in user_keymapping_zoom.ini, as intended. So...

Edited by lefuneste

It looks like a lot of people have trouble to disable binocular mask. As written in customization section, you just have to modify user_keymapping_zoom.ini to set z4 and z6 to low value (0.01 for example) and, for each zoom factor, x7 to 1.0. That's all.

@lefuneste

hi there, lefuneste.

Can you possibly give me some advice to 10.6 configuration?  I tried it yesterday and noticed a very different operational behavior compared to a previous 10.5 version. I'd think you name this version 11 due to a rather big disparity of its operation. 😄

my setup:

-  medium graphics settings

-  2xAA,  Full dynamic resolution, no HDR/SSAO,  landscape filter "sharp", 70km rendering,

1) I've enabled IDP shift. Works great (!). Had to lower it to 0.002 for my VivePro, as with default 0.008 my Mc202 looked like i was sitting inside a jumbo jet 😄

2)  the airplane smoke effects are no longer high resolution. The smoke has a maximum length (300m may be?) and there's no smooth transition, i.e. there's a very sharp end of the smoke trail.  

3)  the airplane fires look undersampled and pixelated

4)  if I chase a baddie and he goes vertical towards the sun, in the previous 10.5 he'd disappear and I'd be blinded. In 10.6 I can still see his silhouette in front of the sun, albeit extremely pixelated/undersampled.  I can't see my cockpit or my gun sight, i.e. can't really shoot at it, but the airplane is clearly visible and I can track its movement...  (!!)

5) there's a lot of sparkling/shimmering in the scenery, it's almost like my 2xAA setting no longer works.

I applied 10.6. by running uninstall that was supplied with 10.5 and then copying 10.6 files over. No JGDE or whatever it's called. So, I don't know if this install method broke a bunch of stuff.. 😄

Posted (edited)

Can you post a track for 2) and 3) ? I did not notice that but maybe there is a bug,..

the 4) is already be fixed and available in first post (version 10.6.1)

I need to check for 5).

Edited by lefuneste

8 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Can you post a track for 2) and 3) ? I did not notice that but maybe there is a bug,..

the 4) is already be fixed and available in first post (version 10.6.1)

I need to check for 5).

i take back the 'undersampled fire' comment, I got it confused because of the smoke effect conflict, which you can see below. The same sharp 'end' of the fire smoke is at end of the trail and it simply cuts out like that.. and it doesn't smoothly follows the aircraft, it sort of jumps after in 50m increments.

fire.PNG

So it should be also a problem introduced by 3dmigoto on shaders  : I discovered that in some cases it makes regression. like the problem some post ago. No errors but wrong behaviour...Hard to find if linked to a configuration that is not occuring by default (eg plane in fire).

So it will make me far easier to identify and solve the problem if I had a track, otherwise I must a first put a plane on fire myself. This is not so current in my experience,  this is why I did not see that problem...Maybe it's because I'm flying german ?

I will use the track  provided by =Expend=Tripwire for contrail, but it is not sure that the shader will be the same for fire...

Edited by lefuneste

6 hours ago, lefuneste said:

So it should be also a problem introduced by 3dmigoto on shaders  : I discovered that in some cases it makes regression. like the problem some post ago. No errors but wrong behaviour...Hard to find if linked to a configuration that is not occuring by default (eg plane in fire).

So it will make me far easier to identify and solve the problem if I had a track, otherwise I must a first put a plane on fire myself. This is not so current in my experience,  this is why I did not see that problem...Maybe it's because I'm flying german ?

I will use the track  provided by =Expend=Tripwire for contrail, but it is not sure that the shader will be the same for fire...

the behavior is the same for all 4 types of smoke:  contrail, fuel (green), glycol (white), and black smoke (with or without fire).

Here's the track with 2 planes getting hit/going down on fire that exhibit this behavior.

http://www.peachstealingmonkeys.com/stuff/il2.rar

cheers, lefuneste!

@lefuneste, first, thanks again for your work with this.

Can you help how I change the z6 and w6 values for the color fix in v10.6.1? Maybe it's the lack of sleep last night but I don't really understand how this works now with the presets.

Do I just copy my usual settings here?

[Key9]
;Color Fix
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift u
type = cycle
; value for color  change preset (no change = 0, preset1 = 1, preset 2 = 2)
x1 = 1.0, 2.0, 0.0

z6 = my values

w6 = my values

I changed the color system : there is now different settings for cockpit and external, and 2 presets. Preset are defined in a resource and x1 is used to choose the current preset. See customisation section of post 1 to know how to modify the resource.

7 hours ago, moosya said:

the behavior is the same for all 4 types of smoke:  contrail, fuel (green), glycol (white), and black smoke (with or without fire).

Here's the track with 2 planes getting hit/going down on fire that exhibit this behavior.

http://www.peachstealingmonkeys.com/stuff/il2.rar

cheers, lefuneste!

I had a quick look (in 2D on your track) : I saw the problems for fire, part of smoke seems missing (it may be the same with boat sillage !). I will check this week end.

I saw also the problem with contrails. I already identified the faulty shader. thanks for your tracks, they makes me win a lot of time !

Ps:  it looks like german planes are more flammable than russian ones !

Edited by lefuneste
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

I had a quick look (in 2D on your track) : I saw the problems for fire, part of smoke seems missing (it may be the same with boat sillage !). I will check this week end.

I saw also the problem with contrails. I already identified the faulty shader. thanks for your tracks, they makes me win a lot of time !

Ps:  it looks like german planes are more flammable than russian ones !

thanks for looking at it, man! Truly appreciated!

17 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I changed the color system : there is now different settings for cockpit and external, and 2 presets. Preset are defined in a resource and x1 is used to choose the current preset. See customisation section of post 1 to know how to modify the resource.

Thanks. I'll start experimenting with the new system.

Is there a way to change and apply different values without exiting the game?

19 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Thanks. I'll start experimenting with the new system.

Is there a way to change and apply different values without exiting the game?

yup, alt-tab out of the game, update the files, alt-tab back in to the game, start flying a plane, then press F10. It reloads the .ini files.

• Thanks 1

@lefuneste, Is this how the new color system works relative to the old or I need to move on and forget the old because this is totally different logic?

image.png

18 hours ago, E69_Qpassa said:

Suggestion: It would be nice to have all versions stored in a GitHub project

I'm not sure because 3dmigoto is already in github and the shaders are coming from the game. So only users file and d3dx.ini will remain...

20 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

@lefuneste, Is this how the new color system works relative to the old or I need to move on and forget the old because this is totally different logic?

image.png

Yes, I red is the old variable usage. I changed the variable (not enough variables in this 3dmigoto version!) but keep the same logic.

And now you have 4 values for former z6, w6, x1 variables 2 presets for both cockpit and environment.

x1 is now selecting the preset : 0 = no color changes, 1 = preset 1, 2 = preset 2. z6 and w6 are use for other purposes.

Edited by lefuneste

I'm not sure because 3dmigoto is already in github and the shaders are coming from the game. So only users file and d3dx.ini will remain...

Yes, I red is the old variable usage. I changed the variable (not enough variables in this 3dmigoto version!) but keep the same logic.

And now you have 4 values for former z6, w6, x1 variables 2 presets for both cockpit and environment.

x1 is now selecting the preset : 0 = no color changes, 1 = preset 1, 2 = preset 2. z6 and w6 are use for other purposes.

It's a great to be able to assign colors for cockpit and externals separately. Before trying this version I thought external means external camera views but it is actually the exterior viewed from the cockpit. This opens up more customizability. The sun filter is also a great addition as well as the separate user setting files. Probably the other options I haven't tried yet are also cool.

You have done a great job again. Salute!

Could you test un unzip this shaders into bin\game\ShaderFixes : http://www.mediafire.com/file/gqr42d17fohdbc6/ShaderFixes.zip/file

You wil have to remove 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt, it is remplaced by 884044525d8fc582-vs.txt. Otherwise you will have an error messages.

It should solve the problem with smoke, horizon (the workaround had too much impact on the scenry of the track, I hope having found a better fix) and ship trail.

thanks for your feedback.

EDIT : horizon is still not fixed, there are still problems...so you may keep old c13460a1fb15e16c-vs_replace.txt

EDIT2 : I found how it works (they use a geometry shader) and manage to disable the bug. I have now to modify shader to disable the faulty effect only when zooming.

EDIT3 : link updated to include the horizon fix.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1

Hello, i need help for Zoom 10x and 5x  with the pimax 5K+.

I test all settings and change the parameters but I can not get both eyes together.

Please help...

2 hours ago, I./JG68_Sperber said:

Hello, i need help for Zoom 10x and 5x  with the pimax 5K+.

I test all settings and change the parameters but I can not get both eyes together.

Please help...

See customization section in first post or read the thread here :

I'm curious to know if there is a performance impact of the mod with the high tes of the Pimax...

Thanks as always for this mod lefuenste.  Just installed 10.6.1 over 10.5 in the game directory, did not run the uninstall.bat as instructed.   When I start IL-2 I get error messages about shader conflicts and that I should use uninstall.    Is there something I should do differently?

44 minutes ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Thanks as always for this mod lefuenste.  Just installed 10.6.1 over 10.5 in the game directory, did not run the uninstall.bat as instructed.   When I start IL-2 I get error messages about shader conflicts and that I should use uninstall.    Is there something I should do differently?

If you are not using JSGME or OVGME and you have installed 10.6, then you can use the uninstall.bat of the 10.6 from the direcrory  [game install directory]/bin/game (even if I do not test it !) or (safer) suppress manually in [game install directory]/bin/game all the Directories and the files that are in the mod (mainly shaderfixes, users_settings and d3dx.ini).

Then install again the 10.6.1.

You should also add the shaders in the zip provided 3 post ago, because they fixe some graphic bugs (or wait the 10.6.2).

Edited by lefuneste

Since I already installed 10.6.1 I just ran unistall.bat which I assume cleaned out previous old files and copied 10.6.1 back into the game folder, so that worked.   Also added the shader fixes and everything ran fine with no error messages.   Ran a QMB and didn't notice anything odd, will let you know if the fixes have any other issues.  Thanks again.

6 hours ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Also added the shader fixes and everything ran fine with no error messages. 

You should had error regarding 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt,  if you did not suppress it...

Did you unzip the files of the post above directly  in shaderfixes ? I did not set up all the directory tree in the zip, it contains only the files.

Ok, i worked 2h with this settings ;) here my best Pimax 5K+ result.

w = 5.0                                              
y6 = 1.54
y7 = -0.31        
x7 = 0.0        
w6 = 0.0

w = 10.0                                          
y6 = 3.1                                 
y7 = -0.8        
x7 = 1.0            
w6 = 0.0

The left eye is perfekt, but the right eye is always slightly offset to the right.

It always shift both. how can I move only the right eye a little to the left?

Has anyone ever tested the mod with the Pimax 5K +?

Thx..

21 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Could you test un unzip this shaders into bin\game\ShaderFixes : http://www.mediafire.com/file/gqr42d17fohdbc6/ShaderFixes.zip/file

You wil have to remove 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt, it is remplaced by 884044525d8fc582-vs.txt. Otherwise you will have an error messages.

It should solve the problem with smoke, horizon (the workaround had too much impact on the scenry of the track, I hope having found a better fix) and ship trail.

EDIT : horizon is still not fixed, there are still problems...so you may keep old c13460a1fb15e16c-vs_replace.txt

EDIT2 : I found how it works (they use a geometry shader) and manage to disable the bug. I have now to modify shader to disable the faulty effect only when zooming.

That was genius, you fixed the horizon!

I removed 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt and copied all the files in the zip into the Shaderfixes folder.

Horizon is good now, but I still get an error with red letters when I start the game.

14 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

That was genius, you fixed the horizon!

I removed 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt and copied all the files in the zip into the Shaderfixes folder.

Horizon is good now, but I still get an error with red letters when I start the game.

You must have another shader in 2 version : one in *_replace.txt and one in *.txt.

The red message should indicate which shader is involved. Keep only the version provided in the .zip.

Thanks I removed the file mentioned in the error and everything is good now.

16 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

You must have another shader in 2 version : one in *_replace.txt and one in *.txt.

The red message should indicate which shader is involved. Keep only the version provided in the .zip.

OK, after 1h  the Perfekt Solution !!

PIMAX 5K+ -- 5x an 10x ZOOM  Normal FoV !!

w = 10.0                                          
y6 = 4.41                                 
y7 = -0.6        
x7 = 1.0            
w6 = 0.0

w = 5.0                                              
y6 = 1.95
y7 = -0.31        
x7 = 1.0        
w6 = 0.0

Edited by I./JG68_Sperber
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, I./JG68_Sperber said:

OK, after 1h  the Perfekt Solution !!

Fine, I will add it in the next version of the mod.

8 hours ago, lefuneste said:

You should had error regarding 884044525d8fc582-vs_replace.txt,  if you did not suppress it...

Did you unzip the files of the post above directly  in shaderfixes ? I did not set up all the directory tree in the zip, it contains only the files.

Yes, I deleted that file first per your instructions. and put all the zip files into the shader fix directory.

I did notice that the bonfires at the end of the airfield was floating above the ground when I played in the Unprofessional's server last night, not sure if it has anything to do with the fix.

2 minutes ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Yes, I deleted that file first per your instructions. and put all the zip files into the shader fix directory.

I did notice that the bonfires at the end of the airfield was floating above the ground when I played in the Unprofessional's server last night, not sure if it has anything to do with the fix.

In this case, make a track and post it here. So I can easily check.

3 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

In this case, make a track and post it here. So I can easily check.

Unfortunately I didn't remember what map it was on for that server,  I'll see if I can find it again on that or another server.

Fine, I will add it in the next version of the mod.

Fine.. 👍 Only Normal FoV! 

On 1/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, lefuneste said:

thank you for the quick fix, lefuneste! The smoke, trails, etc - all fixed now! Thanks, man!

1 hour ago, moosya said:

thank you for the quick fix, lefuneste! The smoke, trails, etc - all fixed now! Thanks, man!

Meanwhile I also fix a problem with fire (the blur was too big) and find a new problem with flares. Once this last one fixed I will release the 16.2.

• Upvote 1