lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(12 features)

I’ve been using this mod awhile mostly flying MP online. Problem I’ve been having is overall spotting (rift user). I can’t spot anything thats more then 3000ft below me. Even when I use the zoom from this mod, it seems I zoom in and I can see them, then go back to a normal view and they vanish. anyone else dealing with this or have any suggestions to help. Thanks

3 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Campbell said:

I’ve been using this mod awhile mostly flying MP online. Problem I’ve been having is overall spotting (rift user). I can’t spot anything thats more then 3000ft below me. Even when I use the zoom from this mod, it seems I zoom in and I can see them, then go back to a normal view and they vanish. anyone else dealing with this or have any suggestions to help. Thanks

The mod is not making miracle or cheat : it only enlarges things that are drawn without zooming. So if you see them when zooming and not in standard FoV, that means that the VR display process "shades" them.

I noticed the same problem with some ground object yesterday,  it seems too me that they were less visible than before applying new settings because I replace my GTX 1070 by a 1080 Ti. I increased SS and AA.

10 hours ago, Solmyr said:

It's almost 4 yo. Still under warranty though, as I had a 5 years one.

About drivers, my actual one is : 388.13

EVGA (Card manufacturer), after selecting my specific card, suggests DLing 341.95 (That looks to be an old one !)

nVidia offers to DL 417.22

I'm a bit lost here. :)

Edit : Sry to pollute the thread a bit lefuneste, wasn't my intention of course. Excuse me for that skid.. :)

Just stick with your current ones, can make a new thread in the VR section or hardware if you like. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

5 hours ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Just stick with your current ones, can make a new thread in the VR section or hardware if you like. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

I moved to last nVidia driver yesterday evening, for now it seems I'm gaining something in smoothness so I'll keep it untill bad things happen.

@lefuneste Hey mate, by any chance do you think it would possible to extend your great mod so that trees and buildings could hide ground objects labels too ? I often RTB on the very desk in order to avoid Flak/AAA potential effective aims but I still can see the ground objects when they should be masked. Then I sometimes should be surprised to discover ground objects at the last moment. Also, maybe an option to get only the aircraft exact type added within a certain low distance from player plane, say 200m for exemple ? Would be wonderful if ever ! :)

Again, I love your mod, couldn't fly with those arcadish numbers, aircraft type information from 3kms, and arrows around the screen anymore. Thank you very much !

1 hour ago, Solmyr said:

@lefuneste Hey mate, by any chance do you think it would possible to extend your great mod so that trees and buildings could hide ground objects labels too ? I often RTB on the very desk in order to avoid Flak/AAA potential effective aims but I still can see the ground objects when they should be masked. Also, maybe an option to get only the aircraft exact type added within a certain low distance from player plane, say 200m for exemple ?

I'd like to be able to handle label with their depth (mostly for cloud) but unfortunately I did not find a reliable way to compute it...They are always at 1.0 depth.

And the labels are managed at pixel level, so no way to distinguish which word is drawn.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lefuneste said:

The mod is not making miracle or cheat : it only enlarges things that are drawn without zooming. So if you see them when zooming and not in standard FoV, that means that the VR display process "shades" them.

I noticed the same problem with some ground object yesterday,  it seems too me that they were less visible than before applying new settings because I replace my GTX 1070 by a 1080 Ti. I increased SS and AA.

Thanks Lefuneste, I wasn’t expecting a miracle or a cheat, just didn’t know if that issue was isolated to me or a common thing, now that I know you experience it as well I will look to other things to help increase spotting. 

Lefuneste, I was wondering if you knew how to make flying at night in VR on the Rift look better. I’m sure you know what I mean it’s very grey and pixely

15 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

Lefuneste, I was wondering if you knew how to make flying at night in VR on the Rift look better. I’m sure you know what I mean it’s very grey and pixely

Try these color settings. They give good contrast and really dark night scene. However, they might be a bit too bright in bright and sunny winter maps.

z6 = -0.1
w6 = 1.2

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Try these color settings. They give good contrast and really dark night scene. However, they might be a bit too bright in bright and sunny winter maps.

z6 = -0.1
w6 = 1.2

you can have multiple settings and change to one to another by pressing LALT + u

Works great at night it’s much better. Also found out that shift-U also dims the stars as well

On 12/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, =362nd_FS=Campbell said:

Thanks Lefuneste, I wasn’t expecting a miracle or a cheat, just didn’t know if that issue was isolated to me or a common thing, now that I know you experience it as well I will look to other things to help increase spotting. 

I think spotting is pretty difficult in VR, and it's difficult to test repeatably. Many people say that when you increase supersample it blurs the pixels more, and that makes spotting harder because there's less of a hard contrast to the contact. Personally I only run pixel density 1.1 (= Steam supersample 120%) because while the game looks better with more than that it squishes the pixels on contacts. 

Agreed..i used to fly with 160% SS (Rift) in Steam but changed to 100% and it made spotting quite a bit easier. Still not nearly as easy as on the monitor though.

Shame that we still have to "make the game ugly" for better spotting in 2018, I wish those times would be over

Hello ,Guys I'm about to receive my Samsung  O+ , please tell me if I can use this mod on regular (mods off) dogfight servers?

Edited by 307_Tomcat

6 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

please tell me if I can use this mod on regular (mods off) dogfight servers?

Yes you can.

• Thanks 1

For a standard Vive with an IPD of 71.7mm Wraiths settings are perfect for low and medium zoom and are instantly categorised as "NICE" by my eyes.

For high zoom it was waaaaay off with my IPD and i had to change x6 to 0.2 and y6 to 0.2.

It is straining the eyes a little but 0.2 for x6 and y6 was better for me than 0.19 and 0.21 so i guess its just my eyes hitting the limit of what they can accept.

I may want to reduce high zoom to 7.5x because medium zoom (5x) works really really well compared with 10x zoom.

The last version of 3dmigoto mod has been downloaded the tremendous amount of.....300 times !

10 percent more than the last stable 9,8 version, but that's showing that only few are using mods, finally.

Hi, I'm trying to use the zoom for 2d but when I press my hotkey it zooms in for a fraction of a second and goes back to normal. Anyone having similar issues?
Thanks for the help

6 hours ago, Serenity17 said:

Hi, I'm trying to use the zoom for 2d but when I press my hotkey it zooms in for a fraction of a second and goes back to normal. Anyone having similar issues?
Thanks for the help

zoom is disabled for 2d because it use by default keys for PoV adjustment thar are unused in VR.

But you have in 2d a far better in game zoom with maybe a better zoom factor and no glitches.

19 hours ago, lefuneste said:

The last version of 3dmigoto mod has been downloaded the tremendous amount of.....300 times !

10 percent more than the last stable 9,8 version, but that's showing that only few are using mods, finally.

Should of added a donate button, I would have donated for sure for the work you do on this mod.

• Upvote 2

@lefuneste : I have again 2 questions for you dear contributor ;

1) Would it be possible to add an option to get rid of the ennemy aircrafts labels on the map when we have a setting allowing for it with icons on ? So that we could have our own plane, either blue planes or not (?), but not red ones ?

2) Do you think it would be possible for a third party to up a server allowing "Normal" settings, with your mod "on", but in a forced predetermined setting ? (At least forced "No label through cockpit" and "No data coming with labels", and if point 1 is possible, then with this forced to)

Hoping I'm clear enough.. 😄

Regards.

6 hours ago, Solmyr said:

@lefuneste : I have again 2 questions for you dear contributor ;

1) Would it be possible to add an option to get rid of the ennemy aircrafts labels on the map when we have a setting allowing for it with icons on ? So that we could have our own plane, either blue planes or not (?), but not red ones ?

2) Do you think it would be possible for a third party to up a server allowing "Normal" settings, with your mod "on", but in a forced predetermined setting ? (At least forced "No label through cockpit" and "No data coming with labels", and if point 1 is possible, then with this forced to)

Hoping I'm clear enough.. 😄

Regards.

1) I'm not sure, theorically that should be possible but a bit painfull, because the color of icon is fixed from their position in a texture file. Maybe that should be easier for text.

2) Absolutely not, as the mod is acting on the graphic rendering chain on your PC.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:57 PM, lefuneste said:

I know for the experts this all sounds like BS, only as being a newcomer on this mod, ( a member directed me to this mod) and being a non-English speaker, I can tell you that it is all rather confusing on what this mod does exactly. As an sample ASW, what is this doing, for an noob like me. Think a good Youtube video would explain much more. 

So while being in a international forum, if wanting to have more downloads I suggest a good video on what it does, how to adjust/use  would be more effective then text I guess. 

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

So while being in a international forum, if wanting to have more downloads I suggest a good video on what it does, how to adjust/use  would be more effective then text I guess. 

I'm afraid it will take me more time to make a video than making my mod...

7 hours ago, lefuneste said:

1) I'm not sure, theorically that should be possible but a bit painfull, because the color of icon is fixed from their position in a texture file. Maybe that should be easier for text.

Thank you for your responses.

I'm not sure to understand what you're saying : are we both speaking about the icons on the maps only ? (mini-map, average map, and full screen map)

Edited by Solmyr

3 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Thank you for your responses.

I'm not sure to understand what you're saying : are we both speaking about the icons on the maps only ? (mini-map, average map, and full screen map)

the icons used above aircraft, triangles, chevrons,..

37 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

the icons used above aircraft, triangles, chevrons,..

No, the icons on the map. On the 2D map.. :)

1 hour ago, Solmyr said:

No, the icons on the map. On the 2D map.. :)

ooops, I miss that it was on map. I gave to look, but for the moment I am fighting with graphic glitch when zooming for water, rain drops, grass...still too much bugs, but tough to fix.

6 hours ago, lefuneste said:

ooops, I miss that it was on map. I gave to look, but for the moment I am fighting with graphic glitch when zooming for water, rain drops, grass...still too much bugs, but tough to fix.

I wish I had some usefull abilities to offer my help, but I don't.. Looking forward your next improvements, I'd love those ones. :)

@lefunesteanyway to seperate the Cloud Fix and just install that? I would really like to have a standalone version, cause i do not use the rest of the mod, but feel it still has a slight negative effect on performance.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:49 PM, 392FS_Jred said:

Should of added a donate button, I would have donated for sure for the work you do on this mod.

I agree ...Great mod thanks! ....Can confirm that Vive zoom setting profile with all set to 0 works perfectly with the Lenovo Explorer.

1 hour ago, HellCat_ said:

I agree ...Great mod thanks! ....Can confirm that Vive zoom setting profile with all set to 0 works perfectly with the Lenovo Explorer.

Post your settings here, I will add them in next version.

1 hour ago, Agathos_Deimon said:

@lefunesteanyway to seperate the Cloud Fix and just install that? I would really like to have a standalone version, cause i do not use the rest of the mod, but feel it still has a slight negative effect on performance.

I made measurement using this benchmark  and did not have more than 1 or 2 fps differences. And I think that most of fps is linked to 3dmigoto lib call and mask feature used for cloud fix...

@lefuneste This are what I'm using at the moment 

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_INSERT
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0  

[Key2]
;set  low zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_PRIOR
type = hold
w = 3
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0 

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_HOME
type = hold
w = 5.0
x6 = 0
y6 = 0
x7 = 0
y7 = 0

13 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I made measurement using this benchmark  and did not have more than 1 or 2 fps differences. And I think that most of fps is linked to 3dmigoto lib call and mask feature used for cloud fix...

Ah thank you, than might just have been the circumstances i flew while using the mod. So will keep on using it, cause i find the Cloud fix essential for the enjoyment. Any idea why that fix is not incooperated into the game client itself? If some external modder can create it, it sure should be able for the devs themselves to solve.

3 hours ago, Agathos_Deimon said:

Ah thank you, than might just have been the circumstances i flew while using the mod. So will keep on using it, cause i find the Cloud fix essential for the enjoyment. Any idea why that fix is not incooperated into the game client itself? If some external modder can create it, it sure should be able for the devs themselves to solve.

Same could be said about the entire Migoto app. Seems the Dev don't see it as very important right now..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Same could be said about the entire Migoto app. Seems the Dev don't see it as very important right now..

Yeah in the overall picture have to agree. Wonder why a mod like this is needed to mask Icons behind Frame/structural parts while such an Option is integral part of other flight sim.

On a critical i am not really sure about the status of using this. It seems to be tolerated by the devs, but one could very well argue this is an unallowed modification changing how the game displays. Considering that most multiplayer servers do not allow game mods, its a Little strange those same Servers tolerated this mod. 

...mask Icons behind Frame/structural parts while such an Option is integral part of other flight sim.

Surely not. For example DCS world has the same problem. I made the same fix in the past for it, but unfortunately it has too much performance impact

its a Little strange those same Servers tolerated this mod. 

1) There are very few people using it (350 downloads today), so who really cares ?

2) In fact it does not change the gameplay : it just makes it harder for people using icons or it only gives to VR users the same zoom level than non VR users. Nothing like increasing view distance for objects, changing 3D models or so on. That's just display processing.

But I really would like if the devs integrate the VR zoom, the cloud fix and the icon masking, this should allow me to spend more time for flying. I'm still have a lot of time to spend to fix glitch when zooming with water, rain drops and grass. I am suprised that nobody complains about zooming with ships, I feel it very unconfortable with the last IL2 version.

But IL2 is their product, they have their strategy  their priorities and their constraints. The solution use in the mod may provide glitches or wrong displays, even if programmed by real programmer (not like me).

On 12/19/2018 at 3:20 PM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

So far cannot make the ultra zoom work mapped to my joystick.

is there a tutorial, on what and how to program it to the joystick?

Try to search for joy2key or joystick gremlin.