lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(12 features)

2 hours ago, Wraithzlt said:

@lefuneste

Please update my Vive settings in the .ini files as they are well out of date since the 3.0x updates.

Done.

Thank you very much for this great mod that I just DLed and so didn't test yet !

I've always been wanting so much point 1 and 8, and 9 looks to be nice also. So this is a great new to me. I wish the devs would have had done it themselves but your mod is really a great improve of the game IMO. Also, I'm not a VR user yet, but I guess I'll be very happy with the rest of the mod when I am.

Thumbs up !!!

Hi lefuneste,

V10.5 works great on my system so far.  It's just like it was before v3.007 came out, the only question I have right now is how can you enable functions like zoom for 2D?

Thanks!

Is there a way to disable the propeller by default? I couldnt find a setting for it. 

Edited by 9./JG54Kirin

sorry to be the downer in here but is the cloud fix working in VR for 10.5?

I have everything working properly except that, Lctrl+k does nothing and I can't see a Ju52 100 metres in front of me, just before ramming at about 5 metres it popped in perfectly but until then I had pretty much nothing.

clean mod install 

I really appreciate the work you're doing though! so thank you for you're time and effort Lefuneste

1 hour ago, =RS=Washburne1 said:

sorry to be the downer in here but is the cloud fix working in VR for 10.5?

Yes.

@lefuneste is it possible to implement something like snap view into your Migoto app? Your brilliant mod solved almost all problems VR fliers have compared to monitor fliers, but checking 6 is still quite a problem, especially maneuvering when at the same time checking the 6. A snap view for VR would solve that entirely, so I just want to know if it would be possible to model by yourself, or if it would have to be implemented by the Devs. 

4 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

@lefuneste is it possible to implement something like snap view into your Migoto app? Your brilliant mod solved almost all problems VR fliers have compared to monitor fliers, but checking 6 is still quite a problem, especially maneuvering when at the same time checking the 6. A snap view for VR would solve that entirely, so I just want to know if it would be possible to model by yourself, or if it would have to be implemented by the Devs. 

Unfortunately not with my mod, I'd like to have this feature too...

• Thanks 1

To be fair, checking 6 in VR its very realistic currently, when you are strapped with your harness in a real warbird , you are not be able to move that much, I tried to check 6 when I was flying the real one and just thought, exactly as VR.

But competitive wise  for gaming purposes in MP , we are at a disadvantage compared to track IR.

I rather have the disadvantage and fly in VR though.

I can confirm all is working on the Odyssey+.

I am a bit perplexed why the developers (who have to know about this mod) don't add these functions to the game. Truly night and day for VR users.

Thanks, lefunste! I wouldn't be playing Il2 if it weren't for your mod.

2 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

To be fair, checking 6 in VR its very realistic currently, when you are strapped with your harness in a real warbird , you are not be able to move that much, I tried to check 6 when I was flying the real one and just thought, exactly as VR.

But competitive wise  for gaming purposes in MP , we are at a disadvantage compared to track IR.

I rather have the disadvantage and fly in VR though.

But we have only a FOV of 90° ...

36 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

Could we set a camera view outside the plane to switch to quickly to check 6?  Probabley not allowed in most MP

This would be a no go on almost every mp server.

9 hours ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

That is why I put it that way, although 2d players are allowed a snap view to the 6 …….hmm?

But not always exploited : to me it takes a bit of time to turn head 6, and I'd like that we have a ~50° denied angle to the 6.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

That is why I put it that way, although 2d players are allowed a snap view to the 6 …….hmm?

Gotta understand the niche we are in. A niche inside a niche, it's niche inception. Just things we have to deal with currently.

19 hours ago, lefuneste said:

But we have only a FOV of 90° ...

And this is why is kind of similar.

With VR in your chair you can move your torso, even can move your chair with a swivel chair.

In the warbird once you are strapped in, you can only move your neck , your torso barely.

Try this.

Without VR in your chair try how you move when watching 6, then try it as if you where strapped to your chair and no swivel either.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:58 PM, 9./JG54Kirin said:

Is there a way to disable the propeller by default? I couldnt find a setting for it. 

You have to change it in the d3dx file like before. The prop on/off initialization variable doesn't have a setting that I could find in the new user settings files.

2 hours ago, Lobstrosity said:

You have to change it in the d3dx file like before. The prop on/off initialization variable doesn't have a setting that I could find in the new user settings files.

I did not think that people may want propeller off by default. I will update user file in next version.

Edited by lefuneste

I flew a bit this evening (not too much because my Hs129 was soon shooted down by a spit and I was in a "dead is dead" multiplayer mission ) : I saw some glitches on sea reflects and also, when making other testings, a problem with reflections on P47 metal skin. Nothing that makes the mod unplayable.

28 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

I flew a bit this evening (not too much because my Hs129 was soon shooted down by a spit and I was in a "dead is dead" multiplayer mission ) : I saw some glitches on sea reflects and also, when making other testings, a problem with reflections on P47 metal skin. Nothing that makes the mod unplayable.

Like the water flickering? Think that's a VR issue with the game itself. Always had the lakes and whatnot shifting from light blue to dark in the rift. Super annoying.

High, I have just installed it and is absolutely fantastic for VR. I really like the zoom feature to id contact.

I have one question. Is this mod compatible with MP? Does it depend on the server? When I tried it only one server seems to approve it.

Edited by HR_Zunzun

Hi all gents!

OR user here and the first thing I want to say is, Thank you very much Lefuneste for your effort to make this sim playable in VR.

Second is.

Is it possible to asigne the zoom to Z axe of de OR?

Thanks in advance.

15(Span.)/JG51Costa

P.S: Hola Zunzun, yes, you can use this mod in MP.

@lefuneste Love your job man it's great, even for a non-VR-yet user !

But there is something I didn't get it seems : when I cycle through MAJ+U it just toggles [normal labels] or [labels without text but grey arrows]. I'd like to get [labels without text but with non-grey (colored red or blue so) arrows]. Isn't it possible ?

Edited by Solmyr

5 hours ago, Solmyr said:

@lefuneste Love your job man it's great, even for a non-VR-yet user !

But there is something I didn't get it seems : when I cycle through MAJ+U it just toggles [normal labels] or [labels without text but grey arrows]. I'd like to get [labels without text but with non-grey (colored red or blue so) arrows]. Isn't it possible ?

It is, but you have to modify your user_keymapping.ini in order to remove the value for the variable that is driving color (see customisation section of post 1 and comment in .ini file).

9 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Costa said:

Is it possible to asigne the zoom to Z axe of de OR?

Hello, only keymapping are possible with 3dmigoto. Maybe you can fond a tool that map key on OR axis ?

5 hours ago, lefuneste said:

It is, but you have to modify your user_keymapping.ini in order to remove the value for the variable that is driving color (see customisation section of post 1 and comment in .ini file).

Thank you ! I hadn't well understood explanations in the customization section but exploring the things a bit more I did now. Works great !

Lefuneste is there a way to easily disable the kneeboard?

EDIT: I just changed the key that brings it up, kept bringing it up on accident trying to type in chat.

Edited by 392FS_Jred

Hey there !

Just got a crash while I was RTBing in my career (see image). Do you think it could be MOD related ?

2018-12-08_18h14_27.png

7 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Hey there !

Just got a crash while I was RTBing in my career (see image). Do you think it could be MOD related ?

2018-12-08_18h14_27.png

Nope that's most likely an unstable overclock on the gpu or cpu.

52 minutes ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Nope that's most likely an unstable overclock on the gpu or cpu.

No overclock at all here... I mean : home-made.

Edited by Solmyr

11 hours ago, Solmyr said:

No overclock at all here... I mean : home-made.

That's the same error I'd get when I push my graphics card too far.

1 hour ago, 392FS_Jred said:

That's the same error I'd get when I push my graphics card too far.

Yes, I searched on the web and it looks like it could be something like that, or DirectX related, or graphic drivers.. Happened only once for now. But that worries me for sure. 😕

Edited by Solmyr

5 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Yes, I searched on the web and it looks like it could be something like that, or DirectX related, or graphic drivers.. Happened only once for now. But that worries me for sure. 😕

You don't have anything overclocked at all?

2 hours ago, 392FS_Jred said:

You don't have anything overclocked at all?

Graphic card is factory-overclocked by a small margin. But that's not what I can commonly define as an OC.

58 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

Graphic card is factory-overclocked by a small margin. But that's not what I can commonly define as an OC.

No doubt. That's not it, what drivers are you using? Is the card old?

39 minutes ago, 392FS_Jred said:

No doubt. That's not it, what drivers are you using? Is the card old?

It's almost 4 yo. Still under warranty though, as I had a 5 years one.

About drivers, my actual one is : 388.13

EVGA (Card manufacturer), after selecting my specific card, suggests DLing 341.95 (That looks to be an old one !)

nVidia offers to DL 417.22

I'm a bit lost here. :)

Edit : Sry to pollute the thread a bit lefuneste, wasn't my intention of course. Excuse me for that skid.. :)

Edited by Solmyr