lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(12 features)

Just want to add, the icons are again visible behind the fuselage, wings etc. after the 3.007 patch.

9 hours ago, Sire said:

Maybe you can use the information ......

Now .....when I zoom it now , it take the light from bullets shooting from ground , and the light right corner FPS 

Was just about to post this. When using the zoom all tracer fire disappears. No zoom effect though. 

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

No problem Jon  , I just try do my best in (my) English 😁

2 hours ago, Sire said:

No problem Jon  , I just try do my best in (my) English 😁

No problem it was plenty readable.

Yeah, I can confirm, a number of elements in the mod no longer work. The icon labels will zoom at all three levels of zoom. But planes, sky, and ground all do not. I also can't get the sight to change or the propeller to disappear. I will also wait until lefuneste works his magic. No hurries, of course. Also, the HUD zooms.

Edited by redcloud111
add information

Noticed all lights will zoom as well, if you look you can see the p-47 turbo light is real close to your when you zoom, it pulls it off the cockpit. I am trying to enjoy some multiplayer anyways, might have to just fly Luftwaffe since spotting the massive p-47 is much easier haha.

Sorry for being a total thick S%IT , but I have no clue and no joy how to get this to work . is there an idiots guide some where please  .

playing in VR on vive if that helps

thanks 

Megger. The mod needs some tweaking after a patch. Keep checking back here. Once a new version of the mod is uploaded, you can install it, and start messing around with it.

New v10.0 version is available on first post. It will work with 3.007, but as usual, I did not test it too much.

I greatly improved the kneepad feature, so try to press "j" key, then SHIFT+j or CTRL+j. You can replace all images by you own, they are now jpg and will scale. You can also modify the kneepad size/position.

The mod will automatically setup the sight in standard mode and VR zoom will be disabled if VR is not configured in BoS.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So it's got kinda the same issues as last patch right now, has shadow effects blocking out clouds, the shadows are like removed from everything, a layer if you will. The zoom is also pulling the horizon up with it and stretching it. Almost there.

• Upvote 1

The icons are still not masked by the frames and wings. I'm using the mod in 2D.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Hi there, 

Im using the mod in 2D but whenever I try to zoom, I get this "slew" graphics bug just above the horizon.  Everything below looks normal but everything above is "slewed"

Any ideas?  Thanks.

45 minutes ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

Hi there, 

Im using the mod in 2D but whenever I try to zoom, I get this "slew" graphics bug just above the horizon.  Everything below looks normal but everything above is "slewed"

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Wait until he fixes it, this happens every patch.

21 minutes ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Wait until he fixes it, this happens every patch.

Cool no rush.  

Also.. idk if anyone else has this issue as well.  I've done some testing and I'm positive it has something to do with the mod's shaders

Was flying through the clouds and the rain droplets became all pixelated with distorted colors.  I uninstalled the mod and issue was resolved.

Optimized-2018_11_25__4_36_45.jpg

1 hour ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

Cool no rush.  

Also.. idk if anyone else has this issue as well.  I've done some testing and I'm positive it has something to do with the mod's shaders

Was flying through the clouds and the rain droplets became all pixelated with distorted colors.  I uninstalled the mod and issue was resolved.

Optimized-2018_11_25__4_36_45.jpg

Did u uninstall and reinstall?, Or just uninstall

I wrote that I made minimal testing, but you found soon big problems !

Please can you post a track when you found a problem : it will help me to reproduce it. The graphics that "slew" over horizon are linked to shader not modified => I need to have the context to collect them. So if you van not post a track, vive me at least which parameter of the QMB (map, location, weather, time,...) will allow me to reproduce it.

I also need to have your graphic options. I use some shader triggering computation or initialization, they may change regarding the options.

Edited by lefuneste

2 hours ago, Buddy said:

Did u uninstall and reinstall?, Or just uninstall

At first, I installed without removing old version, but then I uninstalled entirely and then reinstalled it which leads us to this graphical glitch

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

I wrote that I made minimal testing, but you found soon big problems !

Please can you post a track when you found a problem : it will help me to reproduce it. The graphics that "slew" over horizon are linked to shader not modified => I need to have the context to collect them. So if you van not post a track, vive me at least which parameter of the QMB (map, location, weather, time,...) will allow me to reproduce it.

I also need to have your graphic options. I use some shader triggering computation or initialization, they may change regarding the options.

Hey thanks for getting back so quick, 

So here's the rundown.  Im in 2D and when I installed this mod, I could no longer zoom with "insert'.  Everytime I pressed insert, it just zoomed for a split second before reverting back to normal.

To fix this, I replaced the v10 d3dx with v9.8's.  Now I can zoom, but...

1. I cannot adjust my sights
  2. I also get the "slew" effect 
  3. rain droplets are pixelated

2018_11_25__9_14_36.jpg

2018_11_25__9_21_39.jpg

2018_11_25__9_23_3.jpg

34 minutes ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

At first, I installed without removing old version, but then I uninstalled entirely and then reinstalled it which leads us to this graphical glitch

Hey thanks for getting back so quick, 

So here's the rundown.  Im in 2D and when I installed this mod, I could no longer zoom with "insert'.  Everytime I pressed insert, it just zoomed for a split second before reverting back to normal.

To fix this, I replaced the v10 d3dx with v9.8's.  Now I can zoom, but...

1. I cannot adjust my sights
  2. I also get the "slew" effect 
  3. rain droplets are pixelated

Well if you mix version of d3dx.ini that's totally normal that you have problem, unless you extactly know what you're doing !!!

I disabled zoom effect for 2d, otherwise keys to modify POV are no more usable in 2D, and I did not figure that people  were using it in 2D.

It's not a so good idea, you can have better in game zoom by using the zoom axis, I used that before VR.

If you can not use another feature I will explain how to enable this function again, but I will not include it in the mod by default. The idea is to avoid function regresions.

So, if you report a bug, please ensure that you are using a unmodified version of the mod and that the previous version has been well desinstalled.

3 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

2018_11_25__9_21_39.jpg

Hi lefuneste,

clean installed 10.0, flew above clouds, can confirm flyus747 cloud glitch when zoomed in.

Also showing cockpit shadows projected on clouds when zoom not active.

Using oculus CV1.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by 1./JG26_crane

" Also showing cockpit shadows projected on clouds when zoom not active. "

I also have this issue, hoping it can be fixed quickly as TAW started and I need my superzoom 🙂

I updated the 1st post with the 10.1 version fixing things that I could reproduce and fix: propeller not always disabled, cloud horizon.

As I am not able to reproduce other problems they will remain, untill maybe someday I found them in playing...

27 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

I updated the 1st post with the 10.1 version fixing things that I could reproduce and fix: propeller not always disabled, cloud horizon.

As I am not able to reproduce other problems they will remain, untill maybe someday I found them in playing...

Kuban summer map, I remember last patch you had problems on specific maps at specific times, this was happening on kuban summer where the shadow from the cockpit would reproject off and block clouds, I'll try to get some shots, haven't tried the new 10.1 yet though. I use JSGME to install these, does it not delete the ini?

Edited by 392FS_Jred

Can confirm the issues with zoom and shadows are now fixed, from what I can tell the mod is working just fine now, thank you so much.

Is there a way to "strip down" the mod? I didn´t use VR or Icons, etc. There are many buttons who collide with my personal keyboard settings and I get weird artifacts on screen. The only thing I would need is the cloud fix.

Edited by Semor76

thx 4 the fast update!

i always load the mod with OvGME, now i get error while zoom with oculus rift

1. original vr zoom

2. 5x

3. 10x

original-vr-zoom.jpg

home.jpg

insert.jpg

Edited by gei3r

That's strange: it looks like the zoom is working only for an eye...I do not see how it is possible.

Can you try to uninstall the mod, clean the BoS dir  (supress shaderfixes and d3dx.ini) and install it again ?

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

Is there a way to "strip down" the mod? I didn´t use VR or Icons, etc. There are many buttons who collide with my personal keyboard settings and I get weird artifacts on screen. The only thing I would need is the cloud fix.

Which artifacts ? In which case ? The only case where there should be artifact is when zooming.

You can remove all [key] sections in d3dx.ini if you do not want them.

Hi lefunste,

I've downloaded the new 10.1 but I still get this shader issue with shadows in the cockpit. In the pictures below, I'm flying thru clouds but in cockpit you wouldnt know!

p.s.  I installed 10.1 and replaced the d3dx with 9.8's and now the rain droplets are fixed!  Maybe old d3dx's have some coding more compatible with 2D users?  Despite this, I still cannot adjust the sights on my gunsights.

2018_11_25__18_56_26.jpg

2018_11_25__18_56_37.jpg

Also for 2D users, could you explain how to enable the zoom?

I'm on hatstick if that matters 😄

I'm not having issue with clouds, so unless you give me clear information or a track to reproduce the context, it will stay as it is.

And please, do not try to mix d3dx.ini between versions of mod, it will break most of the  functions. 

Issue with the clouds came from the 10.1 (no mixing)

Mixing with old 9.8 d3dx fixed the issue with the clouds surprisingly

I don't know what you mean by track and hope this helps

Hi lefuneste

I just installed 10.1 via GME (de-installed 9.5 prior). Zoom works as advertised but I am also getting the weird cockpit shadowing cut-outs of the clouds. Any advice?

capture.PNG

57 minutes ago, 9./JG54Kirin said:

Hi lefuneste

I just installed 10.1 via GME (de-installed 9.5 prior). Zoom works as advertised but I am also getting the weird cockpit shadowing cut-outs of the clouds. Any advice?

I'm getting the same thing.

1 hour ago, 9./JG54Kirin said:

Hi lefuneste

capture.PNG

Me too

2 hours ago, 9./JG54Kirin said:

Hi lefuneste

capture.PNG

This is what I mean with "artifacts" and I´m not on VR.