lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, sight strengthened,...(12 features)

Hello @lefuneste, last night I was testing the mod and works pretty well for me (non VR user). Particularly, I was trying the fix for the planes that were disappearing in front of the clouds that are in the background, and it does a fantastic job at doing so but just till you are 2km apart, when I get farther away (just 2.01 km) the plane instantly disappears and sometimes I can  see a light hint of what it's the propeller effect of the other plane, but usually I see nothing.

I comment this over here because you seem to know more than most people the cause of these problems or at least a way to fix part of them

This is an old video about the problem when 3.001 was launched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZ7ArAH190

Just want to know what you think about this and if you know a way to fix it 😅

• Upvote 1

Lefuneste. I am not sure if this is helpful, but I can confirm that on my Lenovo Explorer, if I remove the default zoom settings for Vive (low, medium, high) and just leave them at zero, all three zooms work for both the cockpit and at distance. I am not sure if you want to add those to the mod for WMR. But, truthfully, I spent way too much time fiddling with them, thinking I needed to adjust them, when they just needed to be a zero. I started recently with 9.1, which was the version I fiddled with. I am not sure if you've done something differently then, but all works easily with my Lenovo.  Great work. This mod has pretty much made me want to focus only on IL2 in VR.

New 9.5 version available in first post, it should fix zoom problems.

I try to improve cloud fix at distance, but did not achieve anything. Something weird is occuring...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nevermind, it's showing now

Edited by RedRider
correct version appeared at download site

Very helpful mod, thanks for updating.

Do I get it right that the icons are still visible through the wings has nothing to do with this mod?

17 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Very helpful mod, thanks for updating.

Do I get it right that the icons are still visible through the wings has nothing to do with this mod?

That should not be like that. All plane structure must hide icons and labels.

I checked and it looks like there is a problem. I will have a look.

EDIT : new version 9.6 available in first post. They changed the VS used to draw plane structure.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeg kan ikke forstå det 🤔 ?????

On my keyboard I can control the zoom ( home/insert) .....also alt/k  ....

But I have now tried many times and ways , but I can't keybind it to my joystick and my throttle ???????       😣🙄

I have tried read  the file , but I'm not a coding expert and English is not my 1' language ...........so .......... 🤯

Im having problems installing this mod. What I would like is to get a better view of airplanes in the clouds and from what I understand this mod could be it. But I need help installing it. I tried follow the guide in the beginning but I can't get it to work.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:33 PM, Sire said:

Jeg kan ikke forstå det 🤔 ?????

On my keyboard I can control the zoom ( home/insert) .....also alt/k  ....

But I have now tried many times and ways , but I can't keybind it to my joystick and my throttle ???????       😣🙄

I have tried read  the file , but I'm not a coding expert and English is not my 1' language ...........so .......... 🤯

Unfortunately, there is no way to use joystick button in 3dmigoto. You must use a Saitek program to map key onto you joystick. For  example :

13 hours ago, WhiteMoose said:

Im having problems installing this mod. What I would like is to get a better view of airplanes in the clouds and from what I understand this mod could be it. But I need help installing it. I tried follow the guide in the beginning but I can't get it to work.

Try to use JSGME : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Setup JSGME for IL2BOS as explain in the link before for DCS (that is the "start in" path should be your IL2BOS install dir).

Unzip the mod into  the _MODS dir you should have create in IL2BOS install Directory.

Install the 3DMIGOTO mod with JSGME.

that's it.

• Thanks 1

I think I'm being dense.  I have removed the old version and put the new one into my Mods folder and have activated it via OvGME.

My joystick (a Warthog using TARGET) is set up for a certain press to be L_ALT UARROW (this is what it shows in TARGET) for the x5 etc but that doesn't work with the new mod.  I have compared the old and new files and cannot see where I might have to type in the relevant command to make sure that everything links up.

Any ideas?

von Tom

The new should be - Insert/Home/page up - zoom 10/5/1,5 

Edit:  Ok it does seem to work.  After threatening it with a hammer I decided to go down the normal IT route of turning it off then on again.

von Tom

Edited by von_Tom

On 10/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, lefuneste said:

That should not be like that. All plane structure must hide icons and labels.

I checked and it looks like there is a problem. I will have a look.

EDIT : new version 9.6 available in first post. They changed the VS used to draw plane structure.

Thanks, it's okay now.

Hi Lefuneste, great mod. I wonder if you can make the planes more visible (like in front of the clouds) when the fly low and Player looking down in front of the Land-Terrain like you did in front of the clouds. In VR they are often too hard to spot. Just an idea ;-)

Possible to take a look at the shadows? When I use the mod low zoom setting (combined with the ingame zoom), object shadows (trees) seem to displace from their initial positions and move around along with head movement. Same thing happens for the outlines of raindrops on the canopy.

2018_10_4__13_38_45.png

2018_10_4__13_44_28.thumb.png.99c41822bff747b541b2e52cd420f57c.png

3 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Possible to take a look at the shadows? When I use the mod low zoom setting (combined with the ingame zoom), object shadows (trees) seem to displace from their initial positions and move around along with head movement. Same thing happens for the outlines of raindrops on the canopy.

hmmm these things are hard to fix. Maybe I can disable them when zooming. It should be getter than having wrong effects.

10 hours ago, oho said:

Hi Lefuneste, great mod. I wonder if you can make the planes more visible (like in front of the clouds) when the fly low and Player looking down in front of the Land-Terrain like you did in front of the clouds. In VR they are often too hard to spot. Just an idea 😉

That will be cheating...

Not seeing a fast moving object in front of the ground is also cheating (by AI) ;-). For me it's not realistic. Would it be possible for you?

1 hour ago, oho said:

Not seeing a fast moving object in front of the ground is also cheating (by AI) ;-). For me it's not realistic. Would it be possible for you?

Regardless,  I still see that as bordering the line of getting the MOD negative attention from developers. Maybe If a capability like that was created,  it needs to be for a "mods on" version,  we are fortunate that right now it works on all multi-player servers. 

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Regardless,  I still see that as bordering the line of getting the MOD negative attention from developers. Maybe If a capability like that was created,  it needs to be for a "mods on" version,  we are fortunate that right now it works on all multi-player servers. 

Yes, 

I really do hope that the developers consider adding at least some of the zoom capability of this mod to the game to provide a few stronger default VR zoom options. It would be a shame if at some point the Mod no longer works in all online modes as it does now. It really is the only way to even things out with monitor players when it comes to ID. 

• Upvote 1

Lafuneste,

I use the cloud, color and gunsight options. This post concerns the gunsight. I fly vr and use the right eye option and it helps great with aiming. I do like the look of the original gunsight though, would it be possible to combine the two?

1 hour ago, [Pb]RedeyeStorm said:

Lafuneste,

I use the cloud, color and gunsight options. This post concerns the gunsight. I fly vr and use the right eye option and it helps great with aiming. I do like the look of the original gunsight though, would it be possible to combine the two?

I'll have a look. But I'm not sure it will be so easy to use the "vanilla" sight with one eye.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, lefuneste said:

I'll have a look. But I'm not sure it will be so easy to use the "vanilla" sight with one eye.

If you're looking at gunsight related things, it'd be really nice to be able to tweak the colour, line width and brightness of the sight.
In the mod the lines are very thick and the gunsight is quite a lot more red than in reality.

6 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

If you're looking at gunsight related things, it'd be really nice to be able to tweak the colour, line width and brightness of the sight.
In the mod the lines are very thick and the gunsight is quite a lot more red than in reality.

You can already change the thickness by modifying d3dx.ini (see first post, customization section "modiy sight strenght").

It is also possible to change color, but not in d3dx.ini, see in 8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt

float3 tabFix[6] = {
    {1.0,0.0,0.1},  // not used
	{0.9,0.0,0.0}, 	//Ru color replace
	{1.0,0.15,0.0}, //Ge color replace
	{0.2,0.2,0.1}, //Us color replace
	{0.2,0.2,0.1}, //It color replace
	{0.6,0.2,0.0}  //Spit color replace
	};

Color are in RGB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

You can already change the thickness by modifying d3dx.ini (see first post, customization section "modiy sight strenght").

It is also possible to change color, but not in d3dx.ini, see in 8f86f33af0e792d3-ps_replace.txt

float3 tabFix[6] = {
    {1.0,0.0,0.1},  // not used
	{0.9,0.0,0.0}, 	//Ru color replace
	{1.0,0.15,0.0}, //Ge color replace
	{0.2,0.2,0.1}, //Us color replace
	{0.2,0.2,0.1}, //It color replace
	{0.6,0.2,0.0}  //Spit color replace
	};

Color are in RGB.

Well I'll be damned! Thanks!

I love your work, but as you know I'm on a mission to improve performance in all aspects of the game. I grabbed some performance dump screen shots. Do these help with optimizing at all?

In particular, it looks like customshadercomputeoffset is being called ~220 times per frame. Does it need to be called that often? (I'm a newb, just trying to read what it's telling me). I tried disabling ShaderOverrideInitVSGunner to see what happened, and I gained a little bit of FPS, and the customshadercomputeoffset calls went down to ~150 or so. I also don't really understand what 'pre' and 'post' shader means -- presumably this is setup work to get things into and out of the shader and it takes some CPU to do so.

Here are the shots, I think this is your Migoto mod 9.6 pretty much default options, configured for a Rift. All enhancements enabled.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using 3dmigoto for VR is tricky because it is bot designed for that,  so I have to use some maybe non effective way to find the current eye by using shader, set the right  parameter for zoom for all modified VS shaders, IPD modifier and so on. Moreover, some part of the mod does not use the last 3dmigto feature.

Some compute are called by multiple VS because the game did not always call the shader in the same order.

Untill now, I did not see too much fps loss with 3dmigoto on my rig, so I will not spent too much time to optimize it because it is tricky and I spend a lot of time to make thing working.  If you can do it, feel free to improve the mod, I will try to include your modification in the future versions (if I understand them).

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, lefuneste said:

Using 3dmigoto for VR is tricky because it is bot designed for that,  so I have to use some maybe non effective way to find the current eye by using shader, set the right  parameter for zoom for all modified VS shaders, IPD modifier and so on. Moreover, some part of the mod does not use the last 3dmigto feature.

Some compute are called by multiple VS because the game did not always call the shader in the same order.

Untill now, I did not see too much fps loss with 3dmigoto on my rig, so I will not spent too much time to optimize it because it is tricky and I spend a lot of time to make thing working.  If you can do it, feel free to improve the mod, I will try to include your modification in the future versions (if I understand them).

To be honest, I am not an expert at all, I just clicked a few things to try to see what was using the CPU time.

It seems like maybe it's not the shader that takes a lot of CPU time to run, but the setup and getting parameters into and out of the shaders. I think the Migoto/Helixmod site says that using a shader is the *right* way to get the current eye (it's deliberately saved to a specific shader/texture) so I don't think that is a problem. I think the problem is to use the customShaderComputeOffset repeatedly, because it's all CPU work. Do you know what the code would look like to push the computation "down" into each modified shader? For example if a shader wanted to access IniParams, could it do so?

What are the new features of 3DMigoto that you would like to use? Maybe I could take a look.

At first I had to use this shader for computing in order to setup right values for current eye. You can now use conditional expression in d3dx.ini.

So theorically, that means that the shader work should be put in d3dx.ini. But that also means that I have also to redo the shader generator in order to use other variables than produced by the shader. That's some work...and to win how much fps in the better case  ?

On 10/4/2018 at 10:20 AM, lefuneste said:

hmmm these things are hard to fix. Maybe I can disable them when zooming. It should be getter than having wrong effects.

Hi lefuneste, any success turning off the canopy rain effects when zoom is active? Specifically on rain maps, it basically makes your VR zoom unusable. Thanks again for all your hard work!

I need a littl assistance with the setup of this mod, I believe it’s installed correctly but when I zoom I tend to get both the instruments and a secondary cockpit offset from the original and it points wherever I look, is that normal with this mod?  Also I tried to modify the zoom files with the rift settings and I got red warnings telling me that I had multiple settings going on. I also have red warning displayed when I first start the sim. Are these things normal? 

On 10/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, =362nd_FS=Campbell said:

I need a littl assistance with the setup of this mod, I believe it’s installed correctly but when I zoom I tend to get both the instruments and a secondary cockpit offset from the original and it points wherever I look, is that normal with this mod?  Also I tried to modify the zoom files with the rift settings and I got red warnings telling me that I had multiple settings going on. I also have red warning displayed when I first start the sim. Are these things normal? 

Hi Campbell,

Send me a message on Steam, i'll PM my username to you.

I'll try to help with your setup.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, BubbRubb11 said:

Hi lefuneste, any success turning off the canopy rain effects when zoom is active? Specifically on rain maps, it basically makes your VR zoom unusable. Thanks again for all your hard work!

9.7 version available on first post. I only manage to disable rain drop effect when zooming. Too bad...

Tree shadow should be fixed.

Be careful to remove old version of mod before installing new one.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 3

I am just downloading this and so I am new to this mod.  

Just wondering how Feature #4 and #8 can both use the same hotkey (LAlt+U)?  Don't they conflict with each other?

21 hours ago, DDSnacko said:

I am just downloading this and so I am new to this mod.  

Just wondering how Feature #4 and #8 can both use the same hotkey (LAlt+U)?  Don't they conflict with each other?

First Post updated. LSHIFT+U for feature 8. 

Warned by Alonzo, I made some testing to use new features of 3DMigoto last version to lower fps loss due to 3Dmigoto mod.

Globally, the mod is calling too much time the same process to setup parameter to compute offset for zooming.

So I made some modification to limit to one call per frame the intialization and made some testings.

And wow, on the 1st mission on campaign "sea dragon" I went from 50 to 60 fps (I am using a Pimax 4K, so no more than 60 fps is available).

That is unexpected, using the perf. monitor I was thinking that I may win 1 or 2 fps...The impact of 3Dmigoto seems very context depending, but this is very weird...

II did not made too much testings, eye computation is right, offset and cloud masking also.

So can you try the last version to report bugs and if it allows you to have some fps gain http://www.mediafire.com/file/i12b8sirwe2s2b2/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_9.8.zip/file  ?

I wll update the first post once reports will be OK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1