lefuneste

3Dmigoto mod : icon masked by cockpit, zoom for VR, color change, cloud fix, sight strengthened,...(9 features)

I’ve been using this mod awhile mostly flying MP online. Problem I’ve been having is overall spotting (rift user). I can’t spot anything thats more then 3000ft below me. Even when I use the zoom from this mod, it seems I zoom in and I can see them, then go back to a normal view and they vanish. anyone else dealing with this or have any suggestions to help. Thanks

3 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Campbell said:

I’ve been using this mod awhile mostly flying MP online. Problem I’ve been having is overall spotting (rift user). I can’t spot anything thats more then 3000ft below me. Even when I use the zoom from this mod, it seems I zoom in and I can see them, then go back to a normal view and they vanish. anyone else dealing with this or have any suggestions to help. Thanks

The mod is not making miracle or cheat : it only enlarges things that are drawn without zooming. So if you see them when zooming and not in standard FoV, that means that the VR display process "shades" them.

I noticed the same problem with some ground object yesterday,  it seems too me that they were less visible than before applying new settings because I replace my GTX 1070 by a 1080 Ti. I increased SS and AA.

10 hours ago, Solmyr said:

It's almost 4 yo. Still under warranty though, as I had a 5 years one.

About drivers, my actual one is : 388.13

EVGA (Card manufacturer), after selecting my specific card, suggests DLing 341.95 (That looks to be an old one !)

nVidia offers to DL 417.22

I'm a bit lost here. :)

Edit : Sry to pollute the thread a bit lefuneste, wasn't my intention of course. Excuse me for that skid.. :)

Just stick with your current ones, can make a new thread in the VR section or hardware if you like. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

5 hours ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Just stick with your current ones, can make a new thread in the VR section or hardware if you like. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

I moved to last nVidia driver yesterday evening, for now it seems I'm gaining something in smoothness so I'll keep it untill bad things happen.

@lefuneste Hey mate, by any chance do you think it would possible to extend your great mod so that trees and buildings could hide ground objects labels too ? I often RTB on the very desk in order to avoid Flak/AAA potential effective aims but I still can see the ground objects when they should be masked. Then I sometimes should be surprised to discover ground objects at the last moment. Also, maybe an option to get only the aircraft exact type added within a certain low distance from player plane, say 200m for exemple ? Would be wonderful if ever ! :)

Again, I love your mod, couldn't fly with those arcadish numbers, aircraft type information from 3kms, and arrows around the screen anymore. Thank you very much !

1 hour ago, Solmyr said:

@lefuneste Hey mate, by any chance do you think it would possible to extend your great mod so that trees and buildings could hide ground objects labels too ? I often RTB on the very desk in order to avoid Flak/AAA potential effective aims but I still can see the ground objects when they should be masked. Also, maybe an option to get only the aircraft exact type added within a certain low distance from player plane, say 200m for exemple ?

I'd like to be able to handle label with their depth (mostly for cloud) but unfortunately I did not find a reliable way to compute it...They are always at 1.0 depth.

And the labels are managed at pixel level, so no way to distinguish which word is drawn.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lefuneste said:

The mod is not making miracle or cheat : it only enlarges things that are drawn without zooming. So if you see them when zooming and not in standard FoV, that means that the VR display process "shades" them.

I noticed the same problem with some ground object yesterday,  it seems too me that they were less visible than before applying new settings because I replace my GTX 1070 by a 1080 Ti. I increased SS and AA.

Thanks Lefuneste, I wasn’t expecting a miracle or a cheat, just didn’t know if that issue was isolated to me or a common thing, now that I know you experience it as well I will look to other things to help increase spotting. 

Lefuneste, I was wondering if you knew how to make flying at night in VR on the Rift look better. I’m sure you know what I mean it’s very grey and pixely

15 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

Lefuneste, I was wondering if you knew how to make flying at night in VR on the Rift look better. I’m sure you know what I mean it’s very grey and pixely

Try these color settings. They give good contrast and really dark night scene. However, they might be a bit too bright in bright and sunny winter maps.

z6 = -0.1
w6 = 1.2

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Try these color settings. They give good contrast and really dark night scene. However, they might be a bit too bright in bright and sunny winter maps.

z6 = -0.1
w6 = 1.2

you can have multiple settings and change to one to another by pressing LALT + u

On 12/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, =362nd_FS=Campbell said:

Thanks Lefuneste, I wasn’t expecting a miracle or a cheat, just didn’t know if that issue was isolated to me or a common thing, now that I know you experience it as well I will look to other things to help increase spotting. 

I think spotting is pretty difficult in VR, and it's difficult to test repeatably. Many people say that when you increase supersample it blurs the pixels more, and that makes spotting harder because there's less of a hard contrast to the contact. Personally I only run pixel density 1.1 (= Steam supersample 120%) because while the game looks better with more than that it squishes the pixels on contacts. 

Agreed..i used to fly with 160% SS (Rift) in Steam but changed to 100% and it made spotting quite a bit easier. Still not nearly as easy as on the monitor though.

Shame that we still have to "make the game ugly" for better spotting in 2018, I wish those times would be over

Hello ,Guys I'm about to receive my Samsung  O+ , please tell me if I can use this mod on regular (mods off) dogfight servers?

Edited by 307_Tomcat

6 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

please tell me if I can use this mod on regular (mods off) dogfight servers?

Yes you can.

• Thanks 1