Developers: will the Tank Crew Map be use-able at some point here at Great Battles??

Blitzen

I  assume the new map for Tank Crew will cover the greater Kursk area, so I was just wondering if at some point we might be able to fly ( & fight,) over this map here as an add-on option in Great Battles as well. It might look pretty neat from the air if all the trenches, fortifications etc are built in & viewable from the air. I recommend “KURSK,The Air Battle: July 1943”by Christer Bergstrom published by Classic /Ian AllenPublishing 2007 for a fascinating look at this part of the battle plus hundreds of well chosen photographs.

$_35.jpg

Combined arms was the plan I thought from the get-go. But the map will require much higher details for the Tankers. This will result in a smaller map size than normal. 

Use-able is a good question 🤔

I like to see what the Devs understand about to have a highly-detailed scenery how it looks in the end from the air and ground

Edited by Livai
216th_Jordan

You can put Tanks and Planes on any map. It's just likely that the performance will drop a bit on the Tanks map due to the 16 times increased resolution. Max terrain resolution distance should thereby be 12.5 meters instead of 50 meters. I'm really eager to know what it will look like.

AndyJWest
48 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

How about the Flying Circus map...whatever it turns out to be?

I suspect that flying WW2 aircraft on the FC map may be be restricted by the size of the airfields.

7 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

I suspect that flying WW2 aircraft on the FC map may be be restricted by the size of the airfields.

Except for , perhaps the Po-2 and maybe one day the Storch or Hs-123??😉

=621=Samikatz
1 hour ago, AndyJWest said:

Also they'll be quite bouncy on un-paved grass fields

216th_Jordan
10 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Also they'll be quite bouncy on un-paved grass fields

Actually I'd think the opposite, most WWI planes didn't have shock absorbers..

AndyJWest
Just now, 216th_Jordan said:

Actually I'd think the opposite, most WWI planes didn't have shock absorbers..

Shock absorbers, no. They usually had bungee-cord suspension.

Usable in multiplayer, user made missions etc. yes, but will it be integrated into the career mode? The Battle of Kursk would be a direct continuation of the Kuban Fw190  Schl.G 1 ground attack campaign for example.  Great to further flesh out the eastern front and an incentive to buy Tank crew if your are not that much interested in tankss.