Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

so what games should i try with an old pc?

7 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I mean sneaking/using stealth to complete a task, where messing up, being seen leads to undesirable consequences.

A bit of pucker factor...like the old Thief if you ever played that, or even the Arkham games.

Yup, plenty of sneaky sneaky stuff. 

For lockpicking, I highly suggest practising a few times at the Millers house. This helps you level up rather fast and means you can do the hard one's real quick.

I also suggest practise fighting with captain Bernard. You can practise using sheilds, axes, bastard swords, short swords, mace's and what not. 

There's plenty to do in the game and Ive only just started! However be aware there are so many annoying bugs which frustrate the heck out of me. For example, somehow I got stuck inside a castle wall and had no way of getting out. Luckily I used a savior shnapps fairly recently.

Anyhow! Good luck!

2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Interestingly the castles and the rathaus are actually easier to plunder during the day, since people will be out of their rooms and especially around noon, when everyone is sitting down for lunch.

Thank you! Been stuck on one for awhile! Will need to try that!

26 minutes ago, Stumble said:

For lockpicking, I highly suggest practising a few times at the Millers house. This helps you level up rather fast and means you can do the hard one's real quick.

Actually, unlike pickpocketing, which you have to learn from Peshek, you can get started on lovkpicking right away. If you get beat up by Kunesh right at the start of the game, you can go to your friend Fritz and get some lockpicks to break into Kunesh’s chest to nick the stuff he didn’t pay for. 

With a little luck and all the Savior Schnapps you can get hold of, you can pick most of the chests and doors in Skalitz in the opening sequence (for obvious reasons you don’t need to worry too much about your Skalitz reputation) and then do the same (albeit more carefully) in Talmberg.

On my second playthrough I emerged from the prologue with a lockpicking skill of 4 and stuff worth well over 1000 Groschen in my pockets.

26 minutes ago, Stumble said:

However be aware there are so many annoying bugs which frustrate the heck out of me. For example, somehow I got stuck inside a castle wall and had no way of getting out. Luckily I used a savior shnapps fairly recently.

If you think that’s bad, you should’ve tried it when it first came out. Then we had the infuriating stairs bug, where sometimes your character just flat out couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs and sometimes got hopelessly stuck halfway up. Or the bug that would suddenly launch you hundreds of feet vertically into the air, where you’d get a great and normally unseen view of the landscape while falling to your death.

Typical issues with an inexperienced developer making a super-ambitious game and having to release too early. I think we should just be glad, that it was actually playable on launch and the devs have since been highly committed to fixing the bugs, starting with the most game-breaking ones.

By now the issues that remain are mostly cosmetic as well as a few inherent limitations such as the game not being able to handle too many AI in combat or fleeing mode at the same time, meaning you can slaughter the entire town of Rattay and have most people just standing still screaming “Look out! There’s s murderer about”, as you calmly walk around scewering them one after another. Personally, Ihave not had an actual game-breaking bug in weeks.

Edited by Finkeren

Sorry raiid! Sort of switching the thread topic 😂

Generally I try to avoid newish games specifically for the reason of avoiding all the bugs that come with new games. 

Something real bad happend to me! I have saved for quite a while and the game crashed which was extremely annoying!! Gonna have to go over all of that again tomorrow!! 

I've got some questions about pickpocketing and stealing goods. Do stolen goods become "unstolen" after a while and then become sellerable (Yes that's a word I just made it up). Just cause I did a big night time sneak around for a couple quests and now I have a bunch of real expensive clothes which I can't wait to sell! I am aware that I can use the Millers, but they run out and money fast.

It's an awesome game and I really like the horse riding. I do hope that they make it so u can connect a bit more with the horse. Perhaps if they give u the responsibility of looking after ur horse or something it'll be a heap more fun. I also love the hunting but that really does need some work. Sometimes the animals do absolutely crazy things! Sometimes fun to just follow em and watch 😂

Expect more question from me, I'm only just getting started 😁

S!

Stumble.

5 hours ago, Stumble said:

I do hope that they make it so u can connect a bit more with the horse. 

Umm...are there no human females around? 

5 hours ago, Stumble said:

I've got some questions about pickpocketing and stealing goods. Do stolen goods become "unstolen" after a while and then become sellerable (Yes that's a word I just made it up). Just cause I did a big night time sneak around for a couple quests and now I have a bunch of real expensive clothes which I can't wait to sell! I am aware that I can use the Millers, but they run out and money fast.

Yes. If you keep stolen goods hidden for some time, either on your person, on your horse or in your stash they lose their “heat” and no longer registers as stolen. (Note: If you put stolen items in your stash, they immediately appear as not-stolen, but if you try to pick them up again it counts as stealing making them stolen again) How long this takes is directly tied to the value of the stolen item. Cheap, common items lose their heat in as little as a few hours, while the most expensive ones takes several weeks. Case in point: I stole the St. George’s Sword (best longsword in the game) from Hans Capon fairly early in my current playthrough (I like to finish the Capon storyline as one of the first things I do) and that sword has only become not-stolen for me last night - more than 30h playtime later.

This obviously won’t work for perishable goods such as poached game meat. In that case you can cook the meat, which (Ironically) takes the heat off so you can sell it.

Also note, that non-miller merchants that you have good relations with will actually be willing to buy stolen goods from you (albeit at severely reduced price), especially if the items were stolen in another town.

Edited by Finkeren