Sign in to follow this  
Thad

Tank Control Reference Chart

Salutations,

For all my fellow tankers out there. :salute:

Please report any new verified tank controls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TankCommands.PNG

IL2TankCommands.zip

Edited by Thad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Salutations Tankers,

The most recent update to my Hold The Line series of tank missions is attached. To those of you new to my HTL tank missions... you may find them rather challenging.

The HTL 2 mission has been tweaked to include a Ju-87 support craft and a Russian IL2. I have Tweaked the Waypoints for better organization for the attackers.

This version includes the new Kv1s mission. 

Work to start soon on a Tiger mission. :salute:

HoldTheLine2005c.zip

• Thanks 2

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, 1./KG4_Odessa said:

Thanks Thad I just bought the Tank.....Now i just have to learn to drive with it :)

If anything gets in your way... try to run over it. 😀

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting this reference chart Thad, it was very useful during my first session yesterday !

I've spent a few hours trying to configure the controls to my liking, and did not quite succeed... I found the menus pretty confusing and unclear at times.
My main gripe with it, is that I failed to assign the turret control to my joystick axis...

I'm playing with a warthog HOTAS + Track IR. I realised that, to properly use the track IR outside of the driver position, I had to hit "T"... Which is "take turret control"... Doesn't make a lot of sense, but hey, at least I figured that one out. I was wondering if there was a way to have that function (turret control) ON by default when changing position, so I don't have to press T every time ? Of course, I can rely on TARGET and have it pressed but I'd find it odd not to have such a basic function readily available in the game menu.

As stated above, I've also tried to have my turret controled by my joystick. To make things clear, I'm using the throttle to control the tank forward/backward, and my rudder pedals for steering. I'd like to have my turret assigned to my joystick instead of the mouse, as I find it a bit "gamey"... It's great for accuracy, but mildly annoying for me as I'd like to keep my hands on my HOTAS at all time.

Is there a way to do this ? Again, I can use TARGET to have my joystick axis emulate the mouse X and Y axis, but that's not a proper way to implement it... Furthermore, when you have to traverse the gun, I find it odd to just stare at a black screen, the time for your turret to catch up with your movement... I'd rather have my eyes locked on the reticule as the turret traverses.
Am I doing something wrong, or do these control schemes still have to be properly implemented (since the engine was primarily tailored for air simulations, there are tweaks to be done to accomodate for the needs of ground vehicles).

There are a lot of small things that we can discuss (general handling, graphics, physics of vehicles), but it's still very early days and overall, the project really looks good.
For my information, is there a place to read the dev plans in regard to upgrades and changes to be made to the game engine for the tank crew module ?

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Le troll

• Like 1

Salutations,

I use my HOTAS joystick to control my tanks turret through the use of a program called JoyToKey. It is simple to use. Once set up, let it run in the background and start the game. Also, I agree with you that aiming with the mouse feels too gamey. The joystick is much more satisfying.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to have turret control on by default. 😐

Oh, I use a separate tank 'input' file when I want to go tanking. The game input system is limited and I find having a special tank input file advantageous. :salute:

JoyToKey.PNG

Edited by Thad
Added Image
  • Like 1