No.501_Osprey

Usernames in game

Dear devs,

I'm head of ACG and we've just brought our entire group of about 180 pilots over from Cliffs of Dover to BoX to take on the eastern front, but we have a strange problem that I find really illogical and I'd like to get some understanding on this.

When setting your in game pilot ID it has to be UNIQUE for the entire sim, ever.  Please see the attachment.  This is regardless of the tag.  Is this right?  It does not make sense,  do you know how many guys are named after birds of prey or famous pilots?  If there has to be only one ever, and if this sim intends to grow, then this is just very annoying.

So I have a lot of new guys trying to set up their ID's which they have used for literally years, that they've been beaten to it at some point.

It's wrong, please can you fix this.

BOX Username.JPG

48 minutes ago, No.501_Kuntz said:

Dear devs,

I'm head of ACG and we've just brought our entire group of about 180 pilots over from Cliffs of Dover to BoX to take on the eastern front, but we have a strange problem that I find really illogical and I'd like to get some understanding on this.

When setting your in game pilot ID it has to be UNIQUE for the entire sim, ever.  Please see the attachment.  This is regardless of the tag.  Is this right?  It does not make sense,  do you know how many guys are named after birds of prey or famous pilots?  If there has to be only one ever, and if this sim intends to grow, then this is just very annoying.

So I have a lot of new guys trying to set up their ID's which they have used for literally years, that they've been beaten to it at some point.

It's wrong, please can you fix this.

BOX Username.JPG

I get what you're saying and agree but id have thought having ACG as the tag helps to promote the group, its servers and ident those 180 players with a common recognisable tag. Then its just a case of combining the current ACG squad youre a member of with your name. 

The tag is irrelevant.  It doesn't matter what tag is used,  you simply can't use a username that somebody else has used.  It means there can only be one guy called "Falcon",  even though there are probably about 10 guys called "Falcon" in the CFS community and they are all in different crews.

Is there a game anywhere which does this?  It's a terrible idea.

Edited by No.501_Osprey

@No.501_Osprey

First and foremost, welcome to your group!

180 players! whoa! I am so glad we have you. 

About your issue, it seems there is nothing it can be done.

Username are unique, one one player has taken it, it is impossible to take it.

Except if he changes himself. because yes, we can change them, this is a feature that I love!

Myself, I wanted the username "Nils" but it has already been taken. I asked the owner of this account if he did not mind to change it, so I could take it, but sadly for me he refused.

You guys can still add a number, a symbol to a username to make it unique.