Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Custard

EA digs the battlefield V grave just a little deeper

This is why i completly ignored big company products, whatever it is, games, movies etc. I know most people don't care and they will accept all this and wont bother, simply play game or watch movie and enjoy it. But i won't support not only game but entire company if they force politics into game, censore chat, especially if it's +18 game. If someone is toxic, people on server can deciede to kick him, stupid censorship banning people (like ubisoft does) because single words, it's just ridiculus. Also EA games suck so i lose nothing anyway :P

@6./ZG26_Custard

Maybe you would be interested in this, it's about movies but i am sure you could do the same thing with games.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

I downloaded the beta. Played one match and quit halfway through second match. I didn't enjoy it at all and I have hundreds of hours spent in Battlefield 1.

My main gripe was the uniforms. I just don't like the way players look. It ruins WW2 feeling.

British medic with a pilots helmet and oxygen mask , wtf?

British sniper is an asian woman in a stupid long coat and hood and so on.

They say they wanted to include women so players have a choice yet as a man I don't have a choice. I have to be either a black man or a woman when choosing certain classes.

So I am being forced to play as a character I don't feel connected to. This is opposite of having a choice.

It only lacks an option to put a pair of skinny jeans on your soldiers , hipster beard an sleeve of tattoos.

How could they effed it up so bad.

• Upvote 2

Well, they are EA... I guess that explains it  😁

I flat out refused to buy Battlefield I when every video I watched had so many automatic weapons available to a WWI soldier. Authenticity nil.

Battlefield V has been proving from the start that it's just going to be another POC... (put that in their filter)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, InProgress said:

won't support not only game but entire company if they force politics into game, censore chat, especially if it's +18 game

I agree, but nearly every major developer and major film company have infested their products with political claptrap and virtue signalling. It ironic that the demographic they are "signalling" to are the minority who in all likelihood won't even buy the product. 

2 hours ago, 307_Banzai said:

My main gripe was the uniforms. I just don't like the way players look. It ruins WW2 feeling.

They have gone for Fortnight WWII which it is just ludicrous. If they want women in a WWII game then why not set it to feature a female soviet sniper or a female french resistance fighter. Instead we get Zeezoo McTavish with her cyborg prosthetic, blue painted face and spiked cricket bat.

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

(put that in their filter)

I have so many words I like to shove up their filter. :)

• Haha 2

is there any soldier with make up in one eye i can identify with?

i may buy it then

• Upvote 2

Saying the word “Nazi” isn’t allowed in BFV, but you can still play as a member of the Nazi war machine?

Great moves EA, keep it up, proud of you.

It always amazes me how every area of video game production requires trained experts in their field, from programming technicians to texture artists.   Yet when it comes to developing gameplay, it gets left in the hands of complete muppets.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

It always amazes me how every area of video game production requires trained experts in their field, from programming technicians to texture artists.   Yet when it comes to developing gameplay, it gets left in the hands of complete muppets.  

Is there formal training for gameplay "experts", or are you self taught?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, InProgress said:

This is why i completly ignored big company products, whatever it is, games, movies etc

Yep. I haven't owned or watched TV my whole adult (age 18 onward) life. I don't watch NETFLIX BS either. To me there is always some underlying message in these large productions. It's basically propaganda, but the average pleb doesn't understand how it works and how it's subverting people and our respective nations. I just tend to rewatch a handful of older shows and movies that I know aren't filled with BS. yeah, they're rare..

The censorship on the internet is becoming ridiculous. The golden age of the internet is over. I fear that the "news" the upcoming generation will get online will be just as effective as the propaganda that molded the minds of the boomer generation with their TV's. No offense boomers, #notallboomers. 

"Hate Speech is not Free Speech" is a mantra I here often now. I just want to let everyone know my house is a hate zone in that regard and you are always welcome to come over and bring any words or idea's you like with you.

I can't stand how every game server has this long list of rules. For example, if you're playing a first person shooter where people are killing eachother and there is gore I don't understand why I can't use big kid words. It really pisses me off.  Maybe I'll make an IL2 multiplayer server that advocates for freedom of speech and encourages political topics. This way players actually build up a gradual hatred of other players thus driving the ambition to win the mission and making kills more satisfying resulting in an overall more rewarding experience. 

/rant

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Does being “that guy” in any crowd come naturally to you??

I'm "that guy" who wants to see you develop a video game.  Put your money where your mouth is.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I'm "that guy" who wants to see you develop a video game.  Put your money where your mouth is.  

Great.   You need to preorder tho.  

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I suspect that the majority of people would rather play a game developed by Feathered_IV than a game made by EA. 

But hey, if you want to give money to people who think that the words “DLC” and “white man” are offensive, be my guest. Just don’t start complaining about the lack of Asian female British combat pilots on this forum, okay?

Now i played it too and i have to say that i can't really see how woman would make that mess any worse. Planes that repair them selfs, Pilots that tan't look aroud without flying straight. Britts running around with German Wheapons, Germans running around with brittish wheapons. Thank gunners that can't duck.  Every opponent and teammate seems to look the same.

4 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

/rant

I wonder where is this going, while it won't affect you or me or many other adult people, kids will watch it,  they will play these games and their knowledge and mind will be shaped into way developers and publishers want them to be. I am sure little girls after watching movies like star wars 7+, they will no longer want to be a princess Leia, they will want to be strong independent Mary Sue... i mean Ray.. who needs no men, who can beat everyone etc. Boys will get image of weak pushovers who must obey and do what female leaders tell them to. Maybe a bit extreme example but i feel like this is where it's all heading.

It's not only me that hates these movies/games/books because fact that there is propaganda, but it's so obvious in many cases that you feel like  it was made by talentless blobs of directors. "I  bypassed compressor *retarded face*" This is so cringy that it physically hurts and is simply unwatchable. 

I feel like to make a perfect universe in anything, book, movie or game. Key to success is to make world believable, real. Just look at Middle Earth, Tolkien made everything so detailed and with passion, you had maps of entire world, you had politics that made sense, many things were borowed from nordic or anglo saxon culture and put in a way that this would make sense and was not some mixed random crap. Everything he made, made people believe it's real. When you look at  The Grapes of Wrathby by John Steinbeck or other books like this, it became popular and one of the bestsellers because world these people created feels real and because of this, readers get all kinds of feelings, they feel like this is real and it burns in their brains, they remember it for rest of their lives.

There is many ww2 books i read, and ones that i remember with many details are ones written by actual soldiers and what they experienced. I was not there but  i remember scenes in book like Blood Red Snow when german soldier who tried to run away from his foxhole during shelling got his both legs blown up. Or a medic who patched up russian soldier during attack and got shot by him in the back after he finished. And i don't  remember anything from Star Wars 7 because it was just retarded, full of plot holes and cheap, nothing there made me remember what happend or feel anyting while watching it (maybe just disgust and embarrassment)

And for censorship in multiplayer, anoter disgusting thing, if game is +18, there should be no censorship whatsoever. I am all for it in games +12 and just maybe +16 since there are kids, but 18? It's not for kids, if they are there then  too bad,  they should not. I remember in Red Orchestra 2, there was a lot of swearing, but it was not toxic kind of swearing. More like RP, calling other players commies, telling them to surrender or die etc. You can always mute players if you don't like it, toxic and annoying people who were abusing voice chat were simply kicked. No need for godlike company like EA or Ubi to protect us from evil of this world, especially in game that is about killing people (and now women too), it's ok but saying F world? You toxic masculine ***** ***, damn... white FREE DLC men. Oh that worked :P

ohh and btw:

facebook-share-img.jpg

This is movie i watched yesterday. 2015 ones so nothing new but proves that you can still  get a great movie without sjw propaganda and it's great movie. Recommend it to everyone. No black german soldiers, no asian pilots in german uniform, it was great :biggrin:

Edited by InProgress

15 hours ago, 307_Banzai said:

I downloaded the beta. Played one match and quit halfway through second match. I didn't enjoy it at all and I have hundreds of hours spent in Battlefield 1.

They say they wanted to include women so players have a choice yet as a man I don't have a choice. I have to be either a black man or a woman when choosing certain classes.

So I am being forced to play as a character I don't feel connected to. This is opposite of having a choice.

It only lacks an option to put a pair of skinny jeans on your soldiers , hipster beard an sleeve of tattoos.

How could they effed it up so bad.

Right now the cusomize button is non functional. From what i read in the finished game you will be able to play as what ever  you like. Altho from my expirience the menue is the only time when you really see someone long enough to know what he's wearing and whar gender he is anyway.

We'll see , I heard about customization of your character but will have to wait to find out if it's adding designer shades and funky sneakers or will we be able to select gender and race.

You can spot women in game at the moment plus they are shouting annoyingly. 

13 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Great.   You need to preorder tho.  

‘Sorry, I don’t preorder from developers who I feel are probably incompetent.

10 hours ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

I suspect that the majority of people would rather play a game developed by Feathered_IV than a game made by EA. 

But hey, if you want to give money to people who think that the words “DLC” and “white man” are offensive, be my guest. Just don’t start complaining about the lack of Asian female British combat pilots on this forum, okay?

Lol. It looks like Feathered has his first preorder candidate [edited].  Good luck!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

I can't remember one single time, in over 30 years of gaming, apart from whilst playing Chess, when I've needed to use the words "white" and "man" together whilst chatting in-game. 

If I do find myself needing to say "white man" and the game prohibits it, I'll be sure to rage hysterically on every forum that allows it.

Actually, while extracting the contents of BoX’s gtp files I discovered the template to this game’s profanity filter.   Hitler, [edited] and penis were the only words listed.  True story.  

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Haha 1

when teaching english to kids there was a game to generate random words with dice, to hell when curse words appeared :)

I've been playing the beta and it has some things I really like compared to the last couple Battlefield games:

Time to kill is better. Sure it's not Squad or Post Scriptum one shot and you're dead, but I was able to wipe a 3 person squad with one clip and take them down in 3-5 shot bursts last night when I flanked them and I am by no means a good shot on ps4. I was never able to do that in Battlefield 1 I'd die reloading.

Ammo/Health is more scarce. I like that you start with way less ammo. It forces you to scrounge a bit or hit up a supply station or a squad mate or collect from a dead body before going into the next cap zone.

I like the building function too. I was in a squad last night where we built up our cap zone and were able to defend it against people attacking it was pretty fun.

I will agree the costumes are really out there. It doesn't feel like ww2 to me. I really hope the final version of the game allows for complete customization so we can all make our characters look more realistic. Hopefully others go the same route and we will have less people running around with German Support class camo masks on their faces...face paint...prosthetic limbs...too many female soldiers... I'm hoping all that kind of stuff is pretty rare in the released game and it's easy to make your solider look a bit more normal. Or will they give us random looking people? I guess we'll find out.

I do think it's kind of cool they are going to cities and battles that are less known. I think I read one of the expansions will take place in Greece. This was one of the main reasons I loved the original IL2 so much was that being from the US we didn't really cover the Eastern Front in History class in much detail. So I was obsessed with this whole new part of the war I knew nothing about and still am :)

8 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Lol. It looks like Feathered has his first preorder candidate [edited].  Good luck!

Hey, at least it’s a safe bet that it won’t be breaking gambling laws.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/268317-belgium-decides-loot-boxes-are-illegal-gambling

But hey, if paying for lootboxes gives you that sense of “pride and accomplishment”...

I'd like to offer my honest opinion on BF5 and how it actually stacks up as a game and Battlefield title regardless of the socio-political issues surrounding it. If you're a fan of the series like I am then I'd suggest paying attention. Might save you some hard earned cash and prevent the inevitable disappointment to follow.

Out of the 100+ rounds I've participated in I can honestly say that I've enjoyed perhaps three or five of said rounds. I feel Battlefield has lost its way with this iteration. They've dumbed it down to such an extent that it feels like you're playing a CoD on a larger, somewhat non-linear map. Though how you dumb-down BF is beyond me as it's already simplistic at it's core. Still, everything I've always enjoyed about Battlefield is completely omitted here.

Tanks duking it out with infantry support to capture an objective while troop transports haul in reinforcements while aircraft provide CAS and battle it out in the skies above is gone. It doesn't exist, or is at the very least reduced to such an extent that what made BF so immersive and fun to play has now been rendered tedious, repetitive, and just downright dull. Everything that made the Battlefield...Battlefield has been either removed or supplanted by other non-relative, somewhat interesting albeit unnecessary mechanics. Mechanics that could've been built upon rather than that of replacements for.

The worst part, the most despicable, is that they took the Battlefront 2 system and mechanics that no one liked and pasted it into Battlefield. I could probably look past the horrendous and unintuitive UI, the at times awful system components, the weird and haphazard mechanics if, if it was Battlefield.

But it isn't Battlefield. The heart and soul of the game is gone and I don't think it will be returning anytime soon.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

*goes back to play Ro2*

*goes back to play IL-2* 

The way the Battlefield series currently is, expecting actual historical authenticity in it is no different from expecting the same for War Thunder regarding multiplayer matches - it makes little sense. Battlefield 1 clearly showed what their style is regarding history. WW1 or WW2 setting for these games means that the maps, weapons and general theme are related to the said war, or are from that era in general. If it existed atleast in some form during the timeline and its cool, Battlefield will include it. This ranges from prototype weapons that barely existed to reflex sights that practically never saw any real service, but still existed during the timeline. Battlefield V is a WW2 themed arcade shooter that wants to include everything that's "cool", as opposed to everything that was actually very common in the war. Battlefield including things that very few people know even existed during the time, is pretty much the same thing as War Thunder adding prototype aircraft into the game that never saw service due to failing as prototypes.

EA of course is marketing the game as a realistic and plausible WW2 experience, though, which makes absolutely no sense and I think that's why it's such a controversy. People would probably mind less about the lack of historical realism if EA actually admitted they're not even aiming for that with the whole game concept.

Edited by Rothary
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rothary said:

[...]

EA of course is marketing the game as a realistic and plausible WW2 experience,though, which makes absolutely no sense, and I think that's why it's such a controversy. People would probably mind less about the lack of historical realism if EA actually admitted they're not even aiming for that with the whole game concept.

This.

22 minutes ago, Rothary said:

EA of course is marketing the game as a realistic and plausible WW2 experience, though, which makes absolutely no sense and I think that's why it's such a controversy. People would probably mind less about the lack of historical realism if EA actually admitted they're not even aiming for that with the whole game concept.

Exactly. I wouldn’t have a problem with the game if they marketed it as an insane alt-history game.

I’d still have a problem with the usual EA shenanigans, though :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Rothary said:

I checked the website for this game and the words “plausible’ and “realistic” don’t appear anywhere.

They've done good job convincing people that's exactly what they're marketing the game as, those being words they've used in their marketing. For example referring to a handicapped british woman with a prothestic arm fighting on the front line in France, Patric Soderlund (now former chief creative officer of EA) stated, referring to complaining fans "These are people who are uneducated. They don’t understand that this is a plausible scenario".

When you repeatedly refer to your WW2 game as being 'most immersive' (repeated several times during the live reveal for example), literally everyone is going to assume that means realistic and authentic WW2 experience, because otherwise it cannot be immersive at all as a WW2 game.

7 minutes ago, Rothary said:

They've done good job convincing people that's exactly what they're marketing the game as, those being words they've used in their marketing. For example referring to a handicapped british woman with a prothestic arm fighting on the front line in France, Patric Soderlund (now former chief creative officer of EA) stated, referring to complaining fans "These are people who are uneducated. They don’t understand that this is a plausible scenario".

When you repeatedly refer to your WW2 game as being 'most immersive' (repeated several times during the live reveal for example), literally everyone is going to assume that means realistic and authentic WW2 experience, because otherwise it cannot be immersive at all as a WW2 game.

Yes, I suppose that if you ignore almost everything you’ve seen about the game and focus on a few select buzzwords you might think that it’s going to be “realistic”.

immersive /= realistic