Han

Developer Diary 202 - Discussion

This is reduced ring stabilizers on the Fw for ground  clearance.

Edit: Sorry, Haash, slipped by me on the tail marking. I know better.

bd90f609-66da-4f3b-bc51-15850f5eb53a_zpsf26532ac.jpg

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
Use spoilers for Swatikas
  • Upvote 2

Nice new buildings, but less trees in towns and cities please. Elf lovers ;) I hope for electricity poles around roads and more concrete , no dirt looking city  surface color.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 3

While waiting ...here's a 109 project to keep your hands busy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzeylYptE4

The aircrafts are looking stunning but personally the map suprises me most. Will definetly enjoy flying around the new european regions if this quality is consitent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Weird to say but I think I’m most excited about the map.  Looking forward to “300 settlements.”    

Thanks Devs.  

Ceowulf<><   

32 minutes ago, bucket_109 said:

D9 has the EZ42?

I'm curious about this as well.

Also, will the P-47 get the K-14 or GGS as a mod? Or both preferably, in order to simulate the P-47 in British service as well.

Based on the throttle quadrant I'm guessing we wont be getting the Gyro sights for the P-47 but I suppose this could always be changed when switching modifications.

Nice work Devs, really like those cockpit shots.

EDIT: Looks like the D9 will indeed have the EZ42 based off of the cockpit shots. Nice.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1

Thanks for this update !

Especially for the EZ 42 gunsight in the Dora 9 cockpit.

...I noticed (please, don’t flame me 😉) two very small mistakes on the Bf 109 K-4 screenshots

- on K versions, the oxygen port, located on previous models on the fuselage starboard side near the electric socket, was moved under the wings :

Spoiler

C41DE205-3482-4755-ADB3-9C9C27E50D0C.thumb.jpeg.415733e274b4263ed45e3c31c8f7d706.jpeg

- and the lift hole on the rear of the fuselage was specifically shifted a few centimeters to the front on K versions :

Spoiler

E3C1EBCC-9DA0-45E2-8849-9202EB166DAC.thumb.png.615f596bec032ac815f8794df32144c7.png

9916703A-A4C4-465C-BC87-888F144D91B3.thumb.jpeg.56c9ffed15399cdca59fbe22ab85c5cc.jpeg

Edited by Pierre64
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Question: does "reduced ring stabilizers" for the 190 mean reduced engine cowling armor?

Great to hear the 190 A-8 is getting an upgrade!

No - it means the tail of the bomb itself - the casing (including the ring stabilizer around the fins) had to be modified for ground clearance.

jpg.148270

The early population of the map looks awesome, with 300 settlements it should really be something to behold.:cool:

Please suspend further aircraft production for now and put the entire team to map building.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

We also decided to improve the recently released Fw 190 A-8. It will be able to carry 1000 kg SC 1000 bombs with reduced ring stabilizers and "M8 Panzerblitz 1" HE rockets and you will be able to remove the nose-mounted 13 mm MG 131 machine guns, resulting in four different modifications of this plane:
Fw 190 A-8 (fighter)
Fw 190 A-8 Sturmjäger (better armoured interceptor)
Fw 190 F-8 (attack plane)
Fw 190 G-8 (fighter-bomber)
So, while it may appear we have only one Fw 190 A-8 in the sim, in fact, you'll have 4 different modifications. This is also true for many other aircraft - in one of the coming Dev Blog releases we'll compile the complete list of aircraft including the possible modifications.

I appreciate all the additions/changes for the A8. While you are on it, are there any plans to give the F8 the characteristic bubble canopy which was also used on the D9 and later on on the A9?

1 hour ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Nice new buildings, but less trees in towns and cities please. Elf lovers ;) I hope for electricity poles around roads and more concrete , no dirt looking city  surface color.

Heavy tree abundance in towns and villages was and still is characteristic for quite many west european settlements. Why you think there are too many?

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, bucket_109 said:

D9 has the EZ42?

Yes, it was confirmed a while ago. 

• Like 2

Another great DD! :)  Cannot wait for the next update, everything is looking awesome, thank you guys!

I'd like to point everyone's attention towards " tech is paramount for our FIRST JET - Messerschmitt Me.262 'Schwalbe' "

So in the future, distant or near, we almost certainly will be getting more jets, probably Korean era.

@TheTacticalCat no, you're just reading into it what you want, it simply means, it's their fist jet... and that we'll be getting an Ar 234 😄 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

You may have wandered will the new tech work for the existing aircraft released before - it certainly will, we always update all aircraft to take advantage of the new tech so they all have the same modeling fidelity.

This + the need to have only one part of the game to play multiplayer are two most ingenious solutions.

Great update. Many thanks!

22 minutes ago, TheTacticalCat said:

I'd like to point everyone's attention towards " tech is paramount for our FIRST JET - Messerschmitt Me.262 'Schwalbe' "

So in the future, distant or near, we almost certainly will be getting more jets, probably Korean era.

Jaso said that already in the interview .... :)

A8 fighter version is interesting to read. I wonder if it will be any good in Great Battles universe.

Could we maybe get engine mod to make A9 out of it?

Edited by Mac_Messer
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Nice new buildings, but less trees in towns and cities please.

I hope too. It's something i asked for many years. Towns which become a forest at close range is something i don't like, because when we navigate at low altitude, it's hard to spot house between tree which define town.

• Thanks 1

Please don't neglect AI improvements (though improving, still the weakest aspect of this sim series). I'd love to read that you have done or are working on a massive AI overhaul for the series or are making it a fairly big focus as well. :)

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

A8 fighter version is interesting to read. I wonder if it will be any good in Great Battles universe.

Uh...you can fly it right now to see how it is.

13 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

Could we maybe get engine mod to make A9 out of it?

That would need to be a separate plane at this point.

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

EDIT: Looks like the D9 will indeed have the EZ42 based off of the cockpit shots. Nice.

Looks like the 21cm rockets are also going to be an option, as one can see the control panel for them in the cockpit shots.

does anyone think that the next update will bring a BoBP plane also (the P-47) if it's at the end of this month? or will it still just be graphical effects, A8 improvement, FM modification, and netcode improvements?

Edited by catchthefoxes

3 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

does anyone think that the next update will bring a BoBP plane also (the P-47) if it's at the end of this month? or will it still just be graphical effects, A8 improvement, FM modification, and netcode improvements?

Idk. I'm itching for a new aircraft so I really hope to see the P-47 soon, I need a quality American aircraft to fight the Germans in.

Bit of a cheeky comment but seeing as you went back and "improved" the A8 shouldn't you go back and "improve" the Spitfire IX.. 🙄 And when I say improve i mean correct  😔 with every new axis release it becomes more and more redundant performance wise. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Excellent update! thanks

PS: I dont see undercarriage indicators in the K-4 (but they were not fitted in every plane)

So much good stuff coming, I can almost smell the engine oil.

But that last picture really steals the show. That town looks AWESOME, even if there is a spot here and there that lets you know that it’s still WIP. I have always found the settlements in this sim to be kinda underwhelming, even though they are supposedly pretty accurate (Novorossiysk on the Kuban map being an exception) but this town looks just right and is exactly what I see, when I look down upon Western Europe from an aircraft.

The BoBP map is gonna be legendary.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

So much good stuff coming, I can almost smell the engine oil.

But that last picture really steals the show. That town looks AWESOME, even if there is a spot here and there that lets you know that it’s still WIP. I have always found the settlements in this sim to be kinda underwhelming, even though they are supposedly pretty accurate (Novorossiysk on the Kuban map being an exception) but this town looks just right and is exactly what I see, when I look down upon Western Europe from an aircraft.

The BoBP map is gonna be legendary.

Yeah I am just hoping they figure out a way for towns to not absolutely hammer your performance, the big port on the kuban map in the south cuts your frame rate in half.

15 minutes ago, Bullets said:

Bit of a cheeky comment but seeing as you went back and "improved" the A8 shouldn't you go back and "improve" the Spitfire IX.. 🙄 And when I say improve i mean correct  😔 with every new axis release it becomes more and more redundant performance wise. 

If you mean give it 25psi boost, (as an optional upgrade that can be locked out my mission design) that'd be great, but I don't think the spit IX will be reductant without it even against the full German BoBP planeset.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

If you mean give it 25psi boost, (as an optional upgrade that can be locked out my mission design) that'd be great, but I don't think the spit IX will be reductant without it even against the full German BoBP planeset.

That is what I was hinting at yes! :) and I disagree, it already suffers speed and climb wise against both german BoBP planes and it will only get worse when the rest get released 😕 

1 hour ago, Habu said:

I hope too. It's something i asked for many years. Towns which become a forest at close range is something i don't like, because when we navigate at low altitude, it's hard to spot house between tree which define town.

I agree too.

Less trees please !

2 minutes ago, Bullets said:

That is what I was hinting at yes! :) and I disagree, it already suffers speed and climb wise against both german BoBP planes and it will only get worse when the rest get released 😕 

Really? I see it as being in a slightly better position against the other BoBP planes than the Mk. Vb is against the 1943 Axis planes.

The Mk. IX is plenty good. Just not superior in every way, the way a Mk. XIV or a 25lbs Mk. IX would.

1 minute ago, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

I agree too.

Less trees please !

The town shown here seems to have a pretty reasonable amount of trees. 

I agree that some towns on the Kuban and Moscow maps almost disappear underneath a forest canopy, but this BoBP preview looks just about right.

24 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Yeah I am just hoping they figure out a way for towns to not absolutely hammer your performance, the big port on the kuban map in the south cuts your frame rate in half.

Wait for it then with the BoBP map with Amsterdam, Rotterdam (one the main harbours of Western Europe), Bonn and Frankfurt. :)

Something else, I see a windmill on the map. Are they static or do the sails rotate?

I remember to have seen them rotate in some Cliffs of Dover videos

Not that it is such a big thing though...

3 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

Wait for it then with the BoBP map with Amsterdam, Rotterdam (one the main harbours of Western Europe), Bonn and Frankfurt. :)

Something else, I see a windmill on the map. Are they static or do the sails rotate?

I remember to have seen them rotate in some Cliffs of Dover videos

Not that it is such a big thing though...

There's no way they won't try and optimize it. That small port on kuban literally cuts the VR performance in half. It's brutal.