Han

Developer Diary 202 - Discussion

The most forbidden loadout online ever : Fw190 + 1000kg 

By the way, am I the only one missing the lateral glass armor on the Sturmjager ???

Han, are you guys going to update that too ???

Too many losses from high angle deflection shots from Pe2s gunners. 

fw_19017.jpg.233e47edfb814186b6988920c6ac3d75.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Very nice!

I hope the A-8/F-8 will be fixed it seems to overheat way too much and is incredibly slow, or is that working as intended?

@6./ZG26_Gielow the armored glass outer panels were briefly discussed in this thread

On 7/23/2018 at 11:44 AM, =27=Davesteu said:

Are you referring to the panels of armoured class on either side of the canopy or on the windscreen?
Former were very often removed on unit level and officially dropped with the A-8/R8. 

So it looks like that we are going to have the later bomber interceptor configuration, without the MG 131 and the outer side panels. The earlier one mantained the MG 131s and had the panels but looks like they tended to be removed.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

7 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

So it looks like that we are going to have the later bomber interceptor configuration, without the MG 131 and the outer side panels. The earlier one mantained the MG 131s and had the panels but looks like they tended to be removed.

Looks like it. Only problem is, we don´t have the bombers those birds flew against.

• Upvote 1

Dear devs: Is there any unknown reason because the "motor-canon" of the K4, don't shoot together with the gunpods canons in the WIP picture? or the K4 is borning with a congenite bug? thanks in advance for reading.

Bf109K_2.jpg

I guess it's a rate of fire thing, I can get the same picture firing all the guns, and waiting for the exact moment, in which the 30mm isn't firing and the other guns do. In the G-6 and G-14 the 30mm fires with the gunpods,

unknown.png

Here's to hoping for gun selection switches, that'd probably be my biggest want right now. Being able to fire say the 30's on the p-39 or the 30mm on the hs129 by themselves would be awesome.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

18 hours ago, sevenless said:

Cool! Another question you might know about. It is about the Me109 G6, I think I saw some evidence floating around that those were still present and actively used at the western front end of 1944. Are there any plans to have this collectors plane usable in BoPl career and if so, will it get some 1944 related modifications like erla canopy and wood-structure tail unit and redesigned rudder?

We can't promise new mods for the G-6 but this plane will be available in the career in Septemeber - October for the I./JG 3, II./JG 11, III./JG 26, III./JG 27 and II./JG 77 + several AI Gruppen

17 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Oh, so it goes until the liberation of Frankfurt I suppose? :cool:

15 hours ago, sevenless said:

And closing of the Ruhr-Pocket at Lippstadt encirculating 300.000 soldiers. The foundation of the end in the west between Rhine, Ruhr and Weser at 17th April 1945.

Yes, but I can't continue the career after April 1st as the last LW Gruppe - I./JG 26 left her base on our map at that day

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, sevenless said:

Cool! Another question you might know about. It is about the Me109 G6, I think I saw some evidence floating around that those were still present and actively used at the western front end of 1944. Are there any plans to have this collectors plane usable in BoPl career and if so, will it get some 1944 related modifications like erla canopy and wood-structure tail unit and redesigned rudder?

Great idea!

The G6 at the time with erla canopy, mw50 etc were almost the same as G14. 

That's good to hear about the ability to show destruction to towns and villages. 

If I may ask the devs, how do you intend to portray the airfields?  Take a look at Volkel and Melsbroek for example.  This destruction wasn't optional.  It was there by default in 1944-45.    These craters were as much a part of the real landscape as the roads and rivers of that time.  They existed, and did not vanish after thirty seconds.

large.jpg?action=d

large.jpg?action=d

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

That's good to hear about the ability to show destruction to towns and villages. 

If I may ask the devs, how do you intend to portray the airfields?  Take a look at Volkel and Melsbroek for example.  This destruction wasn't optional.  It was there by default in 1944-45.    These craters were as much a part of the real landscape as the roads and rivers of that time.  They existed, and did not vanish after thirty seconds.

large.jpg?action=d

large.jpg?action=d

There are permanent craters in the game already. They just need to be placed by the mission editor, or the campaign generator.

The one caveat is that they are just a texture, there is no actual hole in the ground and it won't affect planes being able to take off if they wated to go through a crater.

A texture only is fine.  What I'd like to know as a potential Bodenplatte customer is will they be there on the actual map, as they were undeniably there in real life.

Fw 190 with a 1000kg bomb strapped underneath looks so wrong.

You’ll spot the bomb long before you can see the fighter sitting on top of it.

• Haha 2

I don't get it, if there is going to be:

Fw 190 A-8 (fighter)
Fw 190 A-8 Sturmjäger (better armoured interceptor)
Fw 190 F-8 (attack plane)
Fw 190 G-8 (fighter-bomber)

due to modifications, why not just put them as new planes with F8 and G8 name. Otherwise you are still flying A8 but with 1000kg bomb etc. If these are the same planes then i don't know why not add them as seperate planes.

50 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Fw 190 with a 1000kg bomb strapped underneath looks so wrong.

You’ll spot the bomb long before you can see the fighter sitting on top of it.

no it's a perfect match, made in heaven!

sb1000.jpg

11 hours ago, BlackSix said:

We can't promise new mods for the G-6 but this plane will be available in the career in Septemeber - October for the I./JG 3, II./JG 11, III./JG 26, III./JG 27 and II./JG 77 + several AI Gruppen

Yes, but I can't continue the career after April 1st as the last LW Gruppe - I./JG 26 left her base on our map at that day

Thanks, that is very good news. As for career after 1st April...don´t worry. Lufwaffe was practically dead in the west anyways and all units were switched to stem the red tide in the east.

5 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

no it's a perfect match, made in heaven!

Indeed. :)

IMG_20180909_142559.thumb.jpg.0f6144b4fe417bd2ba0be36cc91d15cb.jpg

That town looks awesome. If fact so awesome that I wonder if it will have any impact on system requirements?!?!

23 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

large.jpg?action=d

large.jpg?action=d

This is why 50kg bombs are useless on the game right now. With the correct disperssion a group of bombers could put an arfield out of use. Here you just make perfect lines that are useless if there are not constructions hit by the bombs 

Edited by E69_geramos109

14 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Indeed. :)

IMG_20180909_142559.thumb.jpg.0f6144b4fe417bd2ba0be36cc91d15cb.jpg

Would be cool if we could fly the Fw-190 in the BOBP career with one of those in a Nachtschlacht units. 

Grt M

• Like 1

There will be III./KG 51/NSGr. 20 (this Gruppe had Fw 190 F-8/G-8) and I. and II./SG 4 (Fw 190 F-8) + III./SG 4 as AI unit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

There will be III./KG 51/NSGr. 20 (this Gruppe had Fw 190 F-8/G-8) and I. and II./SG 4 (Fw 190 F-8) + III./SG 4 as AI unit

Cool! Great to hear.

Grt M

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

This is why 50kg bombs are useless on the game right now. With the correct disperssion a group of bombers could put an arfield out of use. Here you just make perfect lines that are useless if there are not constructions hit by the bombs 

Bomb craters are not modeled in BOS, so no matter how much you bomb it and set everything on fire, the airfield is still usable.

2 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

33 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Bomb craters are not modeled in BOS, so no matter how much you bomb it and set everything on fire, the airfield is still usable.

This is why BoX should  borrow (and maybe upgrade) idea of CloD. You must drop x kg of bombs  to disable airfield. What box could do, is to make scripted bomb craters that would show on airfield, always in the same places, so it would not be so heavy on engine i think to make craters as real damage. They would show more and more withh every lets say 10% damage. You could always make scripted craters for 50kg, 100kg, 200kg etc. Or to make bomb number that hit  airfield count, so people would not take 5 fw190 with 1000kg and boom, AF is gone. They could script it that you need 100 bombs to destroy airfield. It would make carpet bombings count more than this 1000kg spam we  always see in multiplayer.

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, InProgress said:

This is why BoX should  borrow (and maybe upgrade) idea of CloD. You must drop x kg of bombs  to disable airfield. What box could do, is to make scripted bomb craters that would show on airfield, always in the same places, so it would not be so heavy on engine i think to make craters as real damage. They would show more and more withh every lets say 10% damage. You could always make scripted craters for 50kg, 100kg, 200kg etc. Or to make bomb number that hit  airfield count, so people would not take 5 fw190 with 1000kg and boom, AF is gone. They could script it that you need 100 bombs to destroy airfield. It would make carpet bombings count more than this 1000kg spam we  always see in multiplayer.

As long bomb craters are without collision. How you can disable airfields when planes run start land over the dropped x kg of bombs without any damage. For this bomb craters need to have collision modeled same as trees have. Single 1000/1800/2000/2500 kg bomb is enough to disable airfields but without collision modeled you can throw how much you want and still planes are able to land and start there........................realism pure 🤣

Did I mention that the bomb craters are flat? 🤣

10 minutes ago, Livai said:

As long bomb craters are without collision. How you can disable airfields when planes run start land over the dropped x kg of bombs without any damage. For this bomb craters need to have collision modeled same as trees have. Single 1000/1800/2000/2500 kg bomb is enough to disable airfields but without collision modeled you can throw how much you want and still planes are able to land and start there........................realism pure 🤣

Did I mention that the bomb craters are flat? 🤣

This would need to be thought about very carefully for MP because it would just be a race to go drop a big bomb on each field. I am not saying it should not be implemented but how should be thought about carefully.  

As for SP it would be a no brainer. 

Which is why the counter needs not only a tonnage but a number of bombs that must have hit. Say, a large airfield would need in excess of 150 or 200 bombs to be surely out of service ...

All this...

Number of bombs, tonnage, destroyed targets and specific location of airfield to be destroyed are all possible now, including damage by 50kgs btw within the current ME using C-Trigg, counters, fake vehicles, blocks etc.

Nothing is needed to be borrowed from any other game. Although having a set of scripted bomb craters that would show on airfield, always in the same places, so it would not be so heavy on engine to make craters as real damage as InProgress mentioned above would be a good thing.

The Fw-190 D9 would it get the option of having the Ta-152 tail

fw190d9black6ee_profile1.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simba said:

The Fw-190 D9 would it get the option of having the Ta-152 tail

fw190d9black6ee_profile1.jpg

I´m all for variety and it surely would be cool. Can anyone in the know comment on how abundant these rare birds were? Reminds me how great a 1944/45 east front release including the Ta 152 H would be with additional Yak 3 and La 7. Well maybe sometime...

Gosh darn I literally just cannot wait for this release. I think Il2 is going to see a large surge in players once BoBP releases. If they market it right and try and fix a few niggling issues it's gunna fill their pockets with money and that's good for all of us.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Gosh darn I literally just cannot wait for this release. I think Il2 is going to see a large surge in players once BoBP releases. If they market it right and try and fix a few niggling issues it's gunna fill their pockets with money and that's good for all of us.

Agree and hope the best for them. Even more interesting theatres and planes for all of us would be the result. Win-Win for every flight sim fan!

I think that BobP' s biggest draw will be the map.

one flaw I see in BOX is the inability to fly a non historical campaign in any aircraft, from a Spad to a Spit IXe.

sometimes it nice to just have fun.

regardless. Bodenplatte I think will attract a new user base.

I'm excited.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

one flaw I see in BOX is the inability to fly a non historical campaign in any aircraft, from a Spad to a Spit IXe.

It'd be nice to be able to swap out a unit's aircraft, even if just so I can take off from Gelendzhik and fly along the beautiful Kuban coast in more planes

• Like 1

I’m also excited for this game, only one I’ve been excited for in a long time.

Edited by catchthefoxes

On 9/7/2018 at 11:45 PM, BlackSix said:

1,5 months, till April 1, 1945 after last changes in the career timeline.

@BlackSix are the last changes in the career timeline to commemorate on April 1, 1945 by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes???                          

I didn't quite understand the question. My main book about Western Front contained the error of reporting that the encirclement in the Lippstadt area was closed on March 28 (instead April 1st).

He's wondering whether you guys "end" the campaign with the obligatory April Fools Day pranks. Now that would be an Easter Egg. :lol: