Sign in to follow this  
peregrine7

Black Sheep - VR Highlight reel

Nice flying. I keep going from VR to head tracking and it's literally driving me nuts. I can't pick one.

3 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Nice flying. I keep going from VR to head tracking and it's literally driving me nuts. I can't pick one.

You mad man, how can you go back? Flying with TrackIR now feels like driving my car based on GoPro footage.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, peregrine7 said:

Flying with TrackIR now feels like driving my car based on GoPro footage.

Great analogy. :pilot:

35 minutes ago, peregrine7 said:

You mad man, how can you go back? Flying with TrackIR now feels like driving my car based on GoPro footage.

It's just so much better looking, plus wearing glasses makes the whole experience less awesome, your depth of field and sense of scale is out of wack when wearing them in the headset. I dunno. I am really suffering horribly from it though, I was getting lots of kills when I was doing VR only or started getting good on trackir, now it's back and forth every single day multiple times, I am not having fun haha. I spent 700 bucks on this 1080ti and didn't get the performance I was hoping that played a big part.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

1 hour ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

It's just so much better looking, plus wearing glasses makes the whole experience less awesome, your depth of field and sense of scale is out of wack when wearing them in the headset. I dunno. I am really suffering horribly from it though, I was getting lots of kills when I was doing VR only or started getting good on trackir, now it's back and forth every single day multiple times, I am not having fun haha. I spent 700 bucks on this 1080ti and didn't get the performance I was hoping that played a big part.

The CPU limit is real, doesn't matter what your GPU is. I'm on a 1080 getting 45fps but ASW helps a lot. I think your main drawback is probably those glasses. It's not worth wearing glasses in the headset. 

You know you can buy custom prescription lenses for VR?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

The CPU limit is real, doesn't matter what your GPU is. I'm on a 1080 getting 45fps but ASW helps a lot. I think your main drawback is probably those glasses. It's not worth wearing glasses in the headset. 

You know you can buy custom prescription lenses for VR?

Eh I actually have contacts as well, but they are old and hurt my eyes. I noticed one thing, it seems the picture is clearer with glasses and I am not talking about from my vision, I think because your eyes are just a bit further away you see way less SDE and get a cleaner picture. It's kind of nice. The rift doesn't really bother me with the glasses though. I am just going to stick to the rift and stop switching, the only other thing is that all the other sims don't have VR support so you still have to bust it out for those or just don't play them.

Also I know about the lenses, I don't know what my prescription is and don't feel like going to the eye doctor to get a new one, so the glasses will have to do.

2 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

all the other sims don't have VR support so you still have to bust it out for those or just don't play them. 

That's the big downside for me! Haha

I can't go back to CloD... eagerly awaiting TF5.0 to start the countdown for VR (6 months post release approx!)

9 minutes ago, peregrine7 said:

That's the big downside for me! Haha

I can't go back to CloD... eagerly awaiting TF5.0 to start the countdown for VR (6 months post release approx!)

That's going to be pretty incredible if they actually get it done, can't wait to fly in north africa in VR.

• Like 1

Great video.

My VR tracks are splitted in 2 parts and gunsight not centered so i'd like to know how did you make this video with this quality ?

Edited by Stab/JV-Tomio_VR
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stab/JV_Tomio-VR said:

Great video.

My VR tracks are splitted in 2 parts and gunsight not centered so i'd like to know how did you make this video with this quality ?

Yeah, the track records the central position of your head. You can see it in the video, gunsight not centered. It's not too bad but I do get some questions about why I "don't use the gunsight"! :P

I record the tracks and play them back on my monitor to record at 2560x1440 60hz.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Is this viewable as a VR video in a VR headset? 

Sorry, just a regular video of VR gameplay.