Sign in to follow this  
Lugubrious

Royal Aircraft Factory

Simple answer,      NO 

Or alternatively,     Don't be silly !

The initial work being done is importing select, possibles all (V doubtful), aircraft from Rise of Flight.  If, in a couple of years time when all that is done, there might be room for additional content, just don't hold your breath.  Much the same work is involved in creating A.I drones as player controlled aircraft and increasingly bland, because it was there aircraft, that few have heard of or much less care about, don't pay the bills.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

Doubtful. Only one prototype was ever made, and while it did see operational service, that was in September 1915 to early 1916, while FC Vol 1 is going to be set in late 1917 - early 1918.

You can have this nice picture of one. 😀

BE9.jpg

On 9/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, Lugubrious said:

it was their solution to the German interrupter gear. 

It was also the solution to having too many observers.  

• Haha 4

On 9/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, JFM said:

You can have this nice picture of one. 😀

BE9.jpg

SPAD S.A. used the same crew placement concept

SPAD_S.A-2_named_Ma_Jeanne.jpg

Imagine some aircraft designer excitedly coming up with this idea and thinking, "I've found the answer to winning the war in the air!"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

Imagine some aircraft designer excitedly coming up with this idea and thinking, "I've found the answer to winning the war in the air!"

There was many of those. One has to remember that the Wright brothers had only flown 11 years before WW1 started.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Now I know I want one :).

While it may seem like a workable idea, it has a serious drawback. Think of what would happen in a nose down crash. The nose will hit first, compressing the gunner's compartmnet backwards and ...well, that's just too gruesome to even think about the mess that's going to cause!

• Like 1

Slight chance of getting the Spad sometime in the next 5 years if a team of Russian nationals decides to model the Russian airforce in WWI (we saw the begining of this with 'Ilya Mourometz' ...so it is plausible). There are likely other aircraft in Russian service that would be higher priority though.

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2018 at 5:04 AM, Poochnboo said:

While it may seem like a workable idea, it has a serious drawback. Think of what would happen in a nose down crash. The nose will hit first, compressing the gunner's compartmnet backwards and ...well, that's just too gruesome to even think about the mess that's going to cause!

However, there were also benefits because, instead of an observer, the pod was often filled with slabs of ham, tomatoes and loaves of bread - one nose over and it was instant ham sandwiches for everyone on the airfield.

• Haha 2