Sign in to follow this  
RuskyV

Adjustable Scale in VR?

Hi All,

Im New to il2 series so im still finding my way around the settings and the key bindings, i was wondering if there is a way to be able to control the scale of the world as i find that the cockpits (especially the Russian planes) quite large compared to DCS. 

This is probably a bad example but if some of you play raceroom you can bind a key that allows you to adjust the world scale, this setting allows you to make the world smaller or larger to suit your perception. Its similar to the in game IPD setting for DCS as this allows you to stick in a figure and it shrinks the world around you to best fit your comfort level. In raceroom its the same deal but you can adjust it as you drive.

This issues i have is everything feels to me like im more of kid sat in the cockpit rather than an adult, the seats feels massive when i look down and the lower cockpit towards the pedals looks equally big. I can see over the nose and i can comfortably aim down the sights but it could all do with being a little smaller.

Back to DCS the spitfire feels more snug and to scale in the lower cockpit, in il2 the lower cockpit seems alot bigger in comparison, it almost fishbowls the lower area of your view.

I must say though that VR in il2 is very well implemented and it feels so immersive im not sure what it is that makes it feel different but the depth perception seems so much better than other titles and the overall experience is very engaging.

Sorry for the long winded explanation! 

hope someone can help.

Test some other planes. The 109 copit are extremly smal compared to many russian planes. And beacause of that, i get the feeling that the russian copits are bigger and are suposet to be that way.

Yea i've been flying around in the P39 and i've noticed that there is a difference to each of the planes in the terms of scale. I guess I just need experience with il2 and some patience, the only other title I use is DCS so i probably shouldn't just be using that as a yardstick to compare to much.

I'm very impressed with VR its very smooth and it is the best experience i've had so far with flight simming!

thanks for replying :)

• Like 1

:)

Yeah the VR are really nice in this game. Sims in general are somewhat hardware demanding, and so is IL2 BOX. My GTX 1070 do keep my fps around 40-45. 

That's a bitt on the low side, but at the moment I'm unwilling to turn down the graphics, because its so damn nice in VR. Know i'm just waiting for money to rain from the sky, so I one day can get my hands on a Gtx 2080 😄