LizLemon

[MOD] longer smoke/contrails

Increases the length of the smoke/contrails/coolant trails on aircraft.

163529994_longersmoke2.thumb.jpg.576215dd3b2b63be62573a244fd49f0a.jpg

Install by dragging the folder in the archive into the root of the BoX install folder, ie Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\

longer smoke.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 9

Cool. I'm going to give it a try.

Looks interesting.  I'm not sure how long these things should be, so I'm not sure yet whether or not I'd use this.  But I'm certainly intrigued by the possibilities.  Can this (or something like this) be used to make the fires/smoke from the crashed planes last longer?  (and if so, could that effect be done separately from making these aerial smoke trails longer?)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TG-55Panthercules said:

Looks interesting.  I'm not sure how long these things should be, so I'm not sure yet whether or not I'd use this.  But I'm certainly intrigued by the possibilities.  Can this (or something like this) be used to make the fires/smoke from the crashed planes last longer?  (and if so, could that effect be done separately from making these aerial smoke trails longer?)

I had had the same question. Smoke from crashed aircraft for a longer duration would be more realistic. Thanks for posting that.

6 hours ago, TG-55Panthercules said:

I think that variable comes from a file that cant be altered but I'll try it out later and see for sure.

Hi,

thanks for the MOD, is there any way to make this work with the JSGME mod enabler?

Cheers

1 hour ago, keeno said:

thanks for the MOD, is there any way to make this work with the JSGME mod enabler?

On your desktop, create a new folder and name it 'smoke mod' or something similar.

Download Liz's mod.  Unzip it and find within a 'data' folder.  Drag or copy/paste this folder into your newly created smoke mod folder on your desktop.

Now place the smoke mod folder into your games Mod folder,  open your JSGME mod enabler and you should see your new mod ready to be activated.

At least....I think thats how I did it:)

• Upvote 2

That works - if your folder structure goes  ( IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad / Mods / Name of mod / data )  , and JSGME.exe is in your main IL-2 Sturmovik folder,    you will see the Name of mod in JSGME and it will install correctly.  

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know this, I'll give it a whirl!

Cheers

This looks fantastic!  Thank you!  I hope it will work online but even for single player it will be a nice addition.

How far will we be able to see this?

Sure, it´ll be helpful in spotting planes at 2k+ distance, but IMO its real potential lies in the 5k+ distance detection