Sign in to follow this  
spudkopf

Royal Hungarian Air Force (MKHL) Fw190F8 4K skins (links updated 13/09/18).

Posted (edited)

G’day All

As far as F-Sims go I have been making my own personal skins from the moment it was possible to do so, these being for the most part just for my own enjoyment. So when ICDP uploaded his excellent 4K template' I promptly set about exploring what personal skins I might make for myself. After reading through a few of my references I settled upon a couple of candidates' one of these being a Fw190F8 from the Royal Hungarian Air Force (MKHL), eventually settling on White 5 (W-505) from 102/1 Vadászbombázó Század, Winter 44/45, which is pictured this WIP shot below. 

505_1c.thumb.jpg.0a029555be31fadf752d0bacf19a5902.jpg

However seeing that I had already gone to the effort of creating the base elements for one Hungarian Butcherbird, it was only logical to make some variations that would cover other aircraft from the same unit. Which I have also decided for better or worse to release out into the wild for download . Now apart from some Swiss Fi156 skins that I uploaded for FS quite some years back, these will be basically be my first publicly available skins.

OK here's the updated download link added 03/09/18 , Enjoy 

Seeing how ICDP updated his template, I spent a couple of hours porting all my layers (including an unreleased Luftwaffe F8, coming soon) into it as well, man I wish there was an easy way to paste them in and maintain the original x and y axis, but I digress, In short I took the opportunity to fix up a minor glitch as tweak them here and there. So I have now re-uploaded the files, but with individual links this time around to make it lest taxing all around , see below and as usual enjoy:
Yellow 17 (W-517)

White 20 (W-520)

White 21 (W-521)

Yellow 24 (W-524)

In the above linked 4K skin pack you will find  four separate aircraft skins, these being Yellow 17 (W-517), White 20 (W-520), White 21 (W-521) and Yellow 24 (W-524). Hopefully I have managed to have iron out all the bugs, however if you do find anything let me know, and constructive criticism is also welcome, the picture below was from an earlier WIP phase and the finals vary (hopefully for the better) to those pictured.

1904487759_allfour.thumb.jpg.a4380bfbe8912de0438d5813a399ed38.jpg

Please note, as these will be 4K skins you should also download and install ICDPs 4k normal map, a link for which can be found in the thread linked below.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/39176-fw190-a8-4096x4096-4k-bop-template-4k-bumpaps-released/

Cheers

Edited by spudkopf
Updated links file for downloads :)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Szép munka!!

Nice skins mate, cant wait to see them!

Köszi

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys the link has now been added to the initial post, enjoy.

517a.thumb.jpg.fa5d963aa068486801eb0f0c76433331.jpg

Edited by spudkopf

Well as usual, I've reviewed my reference and checked it against other sources and have come to the that some tweaking is required, namely in that the fuselage numbers are a tad under scale and as such the corresponding width of the fuselage band is also brought into question.  

I am currently making these adjustments to my W-505 skin and once happy will translate the changes to the remainder of the other aircraft, along with some minor aircraft specific marking changes that I neglected to include thus far.

So I should be posting an updated link in the next couple of days, sorry about that.

Cheers

OK I think it's all sorted now, the following can now be found in the updated link at the top of the page, Enjoy.

17.thumb.jpg.8f36b16924aa50191be78b9b1d8c1568.jpg

20.thumb.jpg.4db81068151d1a0d188acc7bf1285e7c.jpg

21.thumb.jpg.e41544f861ca8e9a368f2b851c6cada6.jpg

24.thumb.jpg.c9d27799ad0d6820495d876796b28dc6.jpg

Edited by spudkopf
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Awesome work! I love how you can see that the swastika has been painted over on 517 and 524, and I really like the yellow tail on 521. These four will look great flying in formation :biggrin:

6 hours ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

..... These four will look great flying in formation :biggrin:

Thanks, that's exactly why I decided to make at least a Schwärme worth of skins.

I've based my skins on the profiles found in the following references and more specifically the one on top.

IMG-3710.thumb.JPG.ceaf9903f0e1785ae547d975b707c377.JPG

Now the authors have chosen to give several of the aircraft that they profiled in this title Yellow cowl numbers, however they do not go on to explain in any detail as to why this choice and I can see nothing in the tonal qualities of supporting photos that are reproduced in the title to overtly suggest this either, however I'm guessing it may have been more obvious in the original source material and so I've decided to also apply yellow cowl numbers to my skins for 17 and 24, as for nothing else it does at least give the skin set a little more variety, but I could also release alternate versions of these two skins with white cowl numbers if there was any such interest.

I also plan to see if I can get myself copies of George (György) Punka's other Hungarian WWII titles to see if there is any further info in regards to the use of yellow cowl numbers, and to use as references for other potential German aircraft / Hungarian skins. 

Thanks also for all the up votes and other positive reactions.

Cheers

Sneak peak 63801022, Sweden.......

63801022_1.thumb.jpg.2869942f6ef357bc94aee932bd0d11c3.jpg

See the thread at the to of the page for updated links to the MKHL FW190s

Edited by spudkopf
added link