HBB*Hunger

Need advice (WP Icons, infl.Area, RTB-WP) [SOLVED]

Hey guys, 

I'm at work right now, using my cellphone to write this, so sadly I cant take screenshots for you. 

I have my first COOP mission combat ready, everything works just fine (thanks to all available guides and this forum) and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I need an advice about 3 things here, wich I just dont get right. 

Waypoint Icons.

My waypoint Icons are located directly above my waypoints. They are target-linked one by one and are correctly shown on the GUI Map. There is just one tiny problem.

Every waypoint shows 450km/h and I just cant see where I can change it in the ME. 

Infl. Area, how does it work? How do I set it up correctly? Can someone give me an example? Maybe a screenshot?

Triggering my RTB Waypoint for attacking Sturmoviks:

I have an attack area mcu (attack ground, 4minutes) above german forces dug in a small village. The attack area mcu is object linked to my Sturmovik LDR and has a target link, coming from WP3. 

Sturmovik leader has the following event set up:

On bingobombs -> WP4 (RTB)

WP4 (RTB) leads to the command land mcu. 

However, after the Sturmoviks dropped all bombs and completely wiped out the german forces down in the village, the circle above it forever. So, even with bingobombs, WP4 seems not to get triggered. Did I maybe miss something? 

Thanks for your help

Hunger 

Edited by HFG_Hunger

I'll help you as soon as I get off work. Or maybe someone else will beat me to it.

This is off the top of my head and may be incorrect.

1. I'm not certain which is your problem, so I'm assuming it's either:
    1. In the description of the icon (at the very bottom of the advanced properties of the icon MCU), you can put whatever you want. 
    2. In the advanced properties of the waypoint, you change the speed of the waypoint.
  2. Steps for influence Area:
    1. Place influence Area MCU
    2. Right click the placed influence Area MCU and select "edit area" (or something similar to that)
    3. left click and hold on yellow circle of a point of the shape to move that point where you want
    4. double left click on a point to make that point selectable, you'll know that point is selectable because the yellow circle will be on that point
    5. cntrl+left click in between two points (on the edge of the influence area) to create a new point
      1. You may get an error like "Hey you can't make a point here!"
      2. If that happens, then try another edge between to different points
    6. make as many points as you want and shape the area how you see fit
    7. press esc when done editing the shape
    8. ?????
    9. PROFIT
  3. It goes like this:
    1. Connect via object link to the ai a waypoint MCU then
    2. that waypoint mcu target link to an attack area MCU then
    3. object link the attack area to your ai bombers and then
    4. add a force complete MCU and set it to high and object link it to the ai planes then
    5. connect your ai to the force complete MCU via an onBingoBombs event (this will stop them from doing anything else) then
    6.  add a timer mcu and give it about 2 seconds
    7. connect your ai to the timer via onBingoBombs Event (force complete will fire first, then 2 seconds later the timer will fire)
    8. add a rtb waypoint
    9. target link the timer to the rtb waypoint
    10. ????
    11. profit!

summary of 3:

waypoint -> attack area -> force complete at high -> 2 second timer -> return waypoint

(I think you're just missing the force complete MCU)

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
edited for clarity on steps

Hey Sketch, thank you very very much, I'll will try it as soon as I'm home!

1. Double click the waypoint, or right click and go to ADVANCED PROPERTIES  to bring up the advanced screen. Change your speed.

image.png.3af4583ce50848e2900dfa6c36022e16.png

3. As Sketch said, something like this... purple is ONBINGOBOMBS. You need the FORCE COMPLETE set to HIGH (makes sure the AI stop what they are doing). Then set a 2 sec timer to activate the next (RTB) waypoint, then the land command.

image.thumb.png.9adfb2297199f6eda0e2216ead6dee4c.png

• Like 1

Okay guys, everything worked so far, but there is one Problem left:

eUqpMyn.png

As you see here, the Icons are called "Punkt 1, Punkt 2, Punkt 3" and so on. Every Icon has the incorrect speed of 450km/h there, but has the correct hight showing. 

EDIT:::: I DONT KNOW WHY, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE EDITOR JUST DELETED ALL MY TEXTS (Waypoints, Briefing [Hald of it], all Subtitels), what has happened?! 

EDIT2::: Ok, it seems like it has something to do with the localisation. the ".ger" file is mostly empty, while the ".eng" file has pretty much kept all the texts. The question is, why did it suddenly change them..

Edited by HFG_Hunger

1. Those are the new waypoint icons with 3.xx.
    1. Check to see if you can edit the description of each icon? I'll have to look to figure it out. Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can help.
    2. Did you edit the waypoint MCU that those icons are connected too? Are all the waypoint MCUs at 450? I think that's a default value for the waypoint MCU. See if you can change the value as Schneemann suggested.
  2. For edit 2 - Questions:
    1. Did you have your subtitle text/icon text stored in *.ger and then now it's stored in *.eng? You should be able to port that over by copying the text in your *.ger file into your *.eng file. Though there may be a better way to do that.
    2. OOOooorrrr.... Did you have everything good, then added html to your mission briefing description and everything went bananas? If so, it's best to save a version before adding html to your mission briefing.
    3. Oooooorrrr... did you accidentally hit the localization button in the menu, and select English not realizing that everything you've done so far is in German? It should be as simple as reselecting German.
Edited by [TWB]Sketch

For 2:

It probably was the second reason. I now resaved the mission and everything is great again, my briefing also shows up. I really dont know what happend there. 

For 1:

The Waypoint MCUs have the correct speeds. Title and altitude are set in the Icon MCU. Here a screenshot after resaving my mission:

hVyPp6A.png

• Upvote 1

It's good that you got your subtitle text back. 😄

For the icon stuff, I'm not sure. :( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HFG_Hunger said:

Ok, my sturmos stll don't RTB for some reason, I'll upload the group, could someone have a look at it?

sturmos.rar

I assume that you had some enemy objects in the attack area for the IL-2s to attack. To ensure that the leader gets bingo bombs, you may need to provide many objects or make them strong or reduce the number of IL-2s. Also, you can put some subtitle translators in to announce bingo bombs and RTB. 

Alternatively, you could set up a counter to count the objects destroyed and have the counter trigger force complete and the next waypoint.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, there are more than 3 platoons Panzergrenadiere in a small village. They definately go bingobobgs, I've checked it several times.

Thank you JIM, I'll try the counter solution tomorrow. 

Okay guys, just wanted to tell you that everything worked out fine! Thank you for your help!

• Upvote 1

Hey Hunger - Could you, just for the sake of the rest of us who might run into the same issue where your BINGOBOMBS issue was concerned, elaborate on what you did to resolve the issue?  Did you use the counter solution suggested by JimTM, or something different?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, cerebus06 said:

Hey Hunger - Could you, just for the sake of the rest of us who might run into the same issue where your BINGOBOMBS issue was concerned, elaborate on what you did to resolve the issue?  Did you use the counter solution suggested by JimTM, or something different?

Thanks!

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cerebus06 said:

Thanks!

Okay, the counter method worked as well as the attack ground command. 

The problem actually was the missing "force complete" trigger. I completely rebuild the entire attacker group, then it suddenly worked. I will show you a picture of the working attacker group:

OmFiPow.jpg

Edited by HFG_Hunger
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, HFG_Hunger said:

As you see here, the Icons are called "Punkt 1, Punkt 2, Punkt 3" and so on. Every Icon has the incorrect speed of 450km/h there, but has the correct hight showing. 

I am late to the party - but just wanted to share that you can set this speed for each route icon by entering some special text in MCU Icon description field (saw this used in "Sea Dragon" campaign):

<routespeed>280</routespeed>

Then when the game calculates distance and time for each point - it will use this speed for the route icon. If you do not specify the speed this way - the default cruising speed for player plane will be used (which doesn't match waypoint speeds and is quite useless TBH).

There is a little problem with this approach that the special text is then visible as a tooltip when you hover over the icon:

routespeed.jpg.da40d55bdf71b2989f93e73b834b2807.jpg

I will report this bug.

• Thanks 2