Von-Target

k-4, 51d and 47... which one will be the next ?

Posted (edited)

I'm eagerly awaiting these three to be released, but I'm not sure the sequence has been  mentioned ?

Any of the three will certainly be welcomed as the first anyway 🙂

The k-4 is going to be a "proof of concept" for IL-2, and in some way the 51d too... It's difficult not to compare, and I was never very satisfied with the alternatives, so, really looking forward for the usual IL-2 FB flight and overall physics modelling on both, and of course, that p-47 is going to be a surprise 🙂

Edited by Von-Target

I somehow suspect the Dora to be next, and then the P-47. We've seen stuff from both, but i think they will need more work on the P-47 then on the D9. After that it's just a best bet. 

Grt M

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Definitely P-47 first, then most likely the Fw 190D9 nothing certain after that, but I’d expect the Tempest as one of the last ones due to the apparent difficulty of getting documentation for the cockpit. And obviously the Me 262 is gonna be very last.

Not sure what you mean by the K4 being a “proof of concept”? If anything that’s gonna be the P-47, since it will be the first plane in the sim to feature a turbocharger.

Edited by Finkeren

Posted (edited)

I mean the way the MW50 tank effects on the longitudinal stability will be modeled, as well as it's effects of aircraft performance.

Until now I've not been satisfied, in either aspects, with alternatives I have used and discarded...

I was forgetting about both the Dora and the Tempest ... Not my beach really 🙂

Edited by Von-Target

Don't expect the Mustang for a while yet.

The p51d is going to be yet another positive, so I hope, surprise, namely the modeled engine ( 70 inch available, I hope... )... but also regarding prop effects, namely in what concerns to P-factor ( overdone and strange effects on the alternatives... at low speeds and higher AoAs, inflight, like during short final... )

3 minutes ago, Von-Target said:

I mean the way the MW50 tank effects on the longitudinal stability will be modeled, as well as it's effects of aircraft performance.

Please enlighten me: What were those effects and how would they differ from the MW50 in the G14?

Posted (edited)

If modeled just like in the present G14, than I'll be fine with it...

If causing drastic pitch up requiring always nose heavy trim, then I would be seriously disappointed...

But you mentioned the G-14, and I'm not sure the placement of the 70 kg MW tank on both models was the same?

Edited by Von-Target

Posted (edited)

In my opinion the devs are trying to keep releasing early content in as much a balanced manner as possible.

So far we got the G14 and its counterpart the Spit.

Since we already got the A8, I'd guess P-47 would come next (especially to counter the A8's ground attack capability) to complement it.

This could be followed by D9 and P-51 - a wonderful pair of med-high alt air dominance fighters; guess they'd come in about half a year or so, before the final release of the whole package.

Edited by CrazyDuck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would hope they realise alfa of BoBp map before any new airplane and not wait untill is fully done, now popular servers dont wont to use new airplanes without area to fly over, geting just land map without buildings would be just enought for beginning

2 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

This could be followed by D9 and P-51 - a wonderful pair of med-high alt air dominance fighters; guess they'd come in about half a year or so, before the final release of the whole package.

Lets not forget the P-38 as a possibility. ;)

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I would hope they realise alfa of BoBp map before any new airplane and not wait untill is fully done, now popular servers dont wont to use new airplanes without area to fly over, geting just land map without buildings would be just enought for beginning

Not gonna happen. With a few notable exceptions (the career mode being the most prominent) the devs are not in the habit of releasing content in an unfinished state.

Also: The main reason many servers don’t use the BoBP aircraft is that they don’t want to mix them with the 1941-43 GPW plane set for obvious balance and/or historical reasons. Currently the three BoBP fighters released so far is not enough of a basis to build MP missions on.

51 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Also: The main reason many servers don’t use the BoBP aircraft is that they don’t want to mix them with the 1941-43 GPW plane set for obvious balance and/or historical reasons. Currently the three BoBP fighters released so far is not enough of a basis to build MP missions on.

Which makes me hope we get a map to start using them on sooner rather than later.

Posted (edited)

If I was the devs, I'd sling out the Dora next. Collector plane will tempt more folk who are on the fence to take the plunge for the premium edition... 

They did it with the 2 collectors last time, right? 

Edited by Diggun
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I kinda wish they’d just give us a schedule of what content would be coming next but I’m guessing even they don’t know what’ll be next, or maybe they do but they just don’t know if they’ll be able to keep up with it and people would get angry, or maybe they like that we’re on the edge of our seats.

Edited by catchthefoxes

Can't be late if you don't have a schedule! Wise move IMHO

14 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

I kinda wish they’d just give us a schedule of what content would be coming next but I’m guessing even they don’t know what’ll be next, or maybe they do but they just don’t know if they’ll be able to keep up with it and people would get angry, or maybe they like that we’re on the edge of our seats.

Well, If I were the devs, I wouldnt give any schedule for the reason you point out, wouldn't be much professional to say and then do Y. It happens all the time in my office, and we call those people unprofessional for that reason... lol

I'd be ecstatic with any of these planes. 

Although the P-51D holds a special place in my heart. 😁

We need another Allied aircraft, the P-47 is the best bet. It doesn't make sense to release yet another Axis aircraft with only one allied counterpart. P-47 has had the most coverage so far, it makes sense for it to be the next aircraft in the lineup.

P47 would make the most sense IMHO. Then we would have two axis and two allied planes for BoPl.

13 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

I quite interested to see how that one works out... IMHO in IL-2 Fw-190D9 had upper hand more often on P-51D than vice versa... but even if they turn out to be exact FM replicas from 1946 situation will be different because of the way DM is modelled now - .50 cals are simply more effective.

Posted (edited)

I gained an aversion to .50 cals flying the P-51 in *Chuck Yeager's AIR COMBAT* way back in the day.  It was like you were just shooting rubber bands at the enemy.

However, the Great Battles P-40 has successfully returned me to the fold; and I feel like the P-47 and P-51 are going to positively butcher stuff. :)

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr

You people and those piston bangers.... the next aircraft should be the hoover power vacuum the ME-262 with the upgrade optional R4M rocket package

"It felt like an angel was pushing!"

38 minutes ago, Simba said:

You people and those piston bangers.... the next aircraft should be the hoover power vacuum the ME-262 with the upgrade optional R4M rocket package

That one is coming last. 

Posted (edited)

I would think the dora will be the next to release since all the flight model stuff is already in game and it doesn't need any real extra work to implement into the game. But depending how far along the modeling and skinning is going it could be a while. The p-47 needs the turbo charger modeled, and we haven't really seen much of anything else. Hoping for manual fuel tanks, and really hoping for at least a shut off gunpod switch or something to give us a bit more control over the weapons.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

I would think the dora will be the next to release since all the flight model stuff is already in game and it doesn't need any real extra work to implement into the game. But depending how far along the modeling and skinning is going it could be a while. The p-47 needs the turbo charger modeled, and we haven't really seen much of anything else. Hoping for manual fuel tanks, and really hoping for at least a shut off gunpod switch or something to give us a bit more control over the weapons.

Idk man, the Dora is cool and all but I think it's time for some American muscle. They already started work on the Turbo so we could see it sooner than we think.

+1 for the manual fuel tank and gunpods.

Edited by Legioneod

I would put a bet on the D9 being next. I would have said the 47 but the devs only said last week that they have started the  relativly more complex engine model.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

I would put a bet on the D9 being next. I would have said the 47 but the devs only said last week that they have started the  relativly more complex engine model.

To be precise, they did not say that they "have started" the more complex engine model. They said that "Roman Kovalenko is modeling a new device type", not specifying if he has just started or is finishing it up or something in between. The "have started" part was about "air compressibility modeling at high speeds", probably most relevant to Me-262.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

To be precise, they did not say that they "have started" the more complex engine model. They said that "Roman Kovalenko is modeling a new device type", not specifying if he has just started or is finishing it up or something in between. The "have started" part was about "air compressibility modeling at high speeds", probably most relevant to Me-262.

Oooo check you out. I stand corrected.

14 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

Have you seen the people on this forum?

I wouldn't commit to any sort of schedule.

They have the schedule, but they don't want to public it because of many reasons. Mostly due to the fact it will change for sure, only in the perfect world there are no delays. I prefere for them to take their time and model as many systems as possible instead of hang on tigtly to the schedule for all cost and choose many compromises. Many good products failed because of restricted time frame.

The release sequence in Early Access doesn´t matter to me. Important is, that once the final release is done everything works as intended. If it takes 3 months longer to full release it is better than to release to early in an unfinished buggy state. Your milage may vary of course.

32 minutes ago, bies said:

They have the schedule, but they don't want to public it because of many reasons. Mostly due to the fact it will change for sure, only in the perfect world there are no delays. I prefere for them to take their time and model as many systems as possible instead of hang on tigtly to the schedule for all cost and choose many compromises. Many good products failed because of restricted time frame.

We just wanted to know probable schedule of planes.

P47

Dora

PO-2

K-4

P51

P38

Tempest

Me262

B25

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I also would like to know but i don't think pushing the devs to public that is so important.

I would say we will have Po-2 in a moth, than P-47 with proper turbo supercharger (maybe the first time in WWII sim) two months or so, than Bf 109K-4, Dora and Mustang within some half of the year, at the end it could be Tempest V, P-38 and at least Me-262 which is probably in the last position. It is even possible some planes will change their place in the order due to some unexpected difficulties or problems with some part research.

If it would be so obvious they would probably public the schedule. That's just my opinion.

I don't want them to hurry, i would prefer to have as many new mechanics as possible because they are lifting the whole product on a new level. I.e. turbo supercharger can be used in many different planes.

That's why i keep my fingers crossed for i.e. manual fuel tank control and not for the time and schedule.

Edited by bies

47 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

We just wanted to know probable schedule of planes.

P47

Dora

PO-2

K-4

P51

P38

Tempest

Me262

B25

That looks as most posible way airplanes will be out, i just think Tempest could be betwen 51 and 38

Maybe they would like to touch the fuel system with Thud and it's drop tanks. It would mean more time. But assuming they are working hard coding systems, planes etc. i could even say the longer it take to release next plane the better.

Surprised that we have not seen more on the K-4 given that it is probably the least difficult evolution from the current work.

• Upvote 1