Jump to content
WhiteYeti

Logitech G Professional Switch panel

Recommended Posts

20180828_211439.thumb.jpg.1a97de24dbcda0dca28ebd41144f3a6e.jpgGday all, I am considering buying this switch panel. What are your experence's with it, is it worth buying, much of a drama to set up ?

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the old Saitek panels would only work with MS flight sim. Not sure though and its worth checking the manufactures web site for if its suitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought it 3 month ago, thinking and hoping I could use it as simple input device - alas, it is NOT configurable under Windows

Control Devices, it's only recognized by Windows but very proprietary and thus only usable in MS Flight, X-Planes. Damn!

 

So, it's still boxed laying around in my hobby vault...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it the same for the throttle quadrant product, is that one Windows controller recognizable? Not a multiengine fan but was hoping to use one axis for the pilot zoom axis and another one for the 109 stabilizer trim, damn I wish the Warthog throttle had a rotary thumb dial like old Saitek.

Edited by Kandiru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kandiru said:

Is it the same for the throttle quadrant product, is that one Windows controller recognizable? Not a multiengine fan but was hoping to use one axis for the pilot zoom axis and another one for the 109 stabilizer trim, damn I wish the Warthog throttle had a rotary thumb dial like old Saitek.

 

I got the Saitek throttle quadrant and this works perfectly as per design. It is not only recognized under Windows Control Devices, but you can actually configure

the three axis as you wish too. I for my part use it for RPM, water radiator and oil radiator. This Switch Panel is the only Saitek/Logitech product that is product

related and therefore limited in the use of it.

 

@Sokol1 - Do you have any idea, if this switch panel can be used in BOX? I think, if one knows then for sure it might be you. Any chances? Thanks.

 

P.S: The Cessna trim wheel is similar - it won't be recognized by all sims.

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

I bought it 3 month ago, thinking and hoping I could use it as simple input device - alas, it is NOT configurable under Windows

Control Devices, it's only recognized by Windows but very proprietary and thus only usable in MS Flight, X-Planes. Damn!

 

So, it's still boxed laying around in my hobby vault...

Darn. Being proprietary really diminishes the product usefulness. Unwise business decision. Disappointing. 😟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Switch Panel is not see by Windows as "joystick" so is not visible for games. Saitek develop plug-in only for FSX and X-Plane.

 

But is usable in other games with this 'keyboard emulation" software - gear lights will not work sinchronized like in FSX or X-Plane:

 

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107949

 

This guy use in BoS: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 6:57 PM, Sokol1 said:

This Switch Panel is not see by Windows as "joystick" so is not visible for games. Saitek develop plug-in only for FSX and X-Plane.

 

But is usable in other games with this 'keyboard emulation" software - gear lights will not work sinchronized like in FSX or X-Plane:

 

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107949

 

This guy use in BoS: 

 

 

Hi Sokol1,

 

thank you very much for your input - great little tool... and I managed to make it work! Thanks again, mate.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another option (one i use personally) is to check this guy out. 

 

http://derekspearedesigns.com/dsd-flight---flt1flt2.html

 

His product is well known in the sim racing community and is very good quality. There are many diffrent versions and configurations to chose from and you can even get somthin completely custom if you wanted, proberbly at a more premium price.

I use mine with all sorts of diffrent games as it works as a standard windows HID. Works great with il2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WhiteYeti said:

Thnxs for the reply's guy's. Therion not to much trouble to set up ?

 

Nope - it's quite easy. Download the software, plug in the Switch Panel and run the software. There you can

assign whatever function you want for each button.

 

The only thing that doesn't work well, is setting up combined commands like LSHFT + L or RSHFT + L, because

they are correctly emulated by the Switch Panel software (you can check this in the log windows), but BOX

doesn't seem to "see" any difference by the emulated key command.

 

On the other hand using combined commands like LCTRL / RCTRL / ALT etc. work correctly.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 7:11 AM, RuskyV said:

Another option (one i use personally) is to check this guy out. 

 

http://derekspearedesigns.com/dsd-flight---flt1flt2.html

 

His product is well known in the sim racing community and is very good quality. There are many diffrent versions and configurations to chose from and you can even get somthin completely custom if you wanted, proberbly at a more premium price.

I use mine with all sorts of diffrent games as it works as a standard windows HID. Works great with il2. 

 

How do people use momentary switches in IL2. Im a bit confused. Do you have to make sure the switch is in the right place before spawning?

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite new to the Il2 series so i've not gone as far as to find out how its done, the button box i use doesn't use momentary switches they are all rotary encoder or toggle switches. it would be handy to know as my WH throttle could be utilised a bit better if i also knew.

 

FYI this is the button box im using (The P2).

http://derekspearedesigns.com/p1p2.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

 

How do people use momentary switches in IL2. Im a bit confused. Do you have to make sure the switch is in the right place before spawning?

 

FLT1 "momentary switches" (round, red) - make contact when hold pressed, thus work like keyboard keys and is used in same way.

 

FLT1 "rocker switches" (rectangular, looks a light switch) - latch in ON or OFF position*, use this in flight games require  do a check list before hit FLY, or can end with inverted switch position relative to game controls, e.g. switch are ON position and landing gear or lights... are OFF in game. 

 

This "check list" is required in all flight games,  DCS has a feature that can synchronize games commands with (physical) switches positions at start, but don't help much if switches are in wrong position, what is complicated by the 'gamey' air start option.

 

* Due Great Battles simplified controls options (toggle only option, except for flaps) you can use 3rd part software like Joystick Gremlin, Joy2Key, SVMapper, Xpadder... for make the "OFF" position of rocker switch send commands for games, and have a more logical operation.

 

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RuskyV said:

I'm quite new to the Il2 series so i've not gone as far as to find out how its done, the button box i use doesn't use momentary switches they are all rotary encoder or toggle switches. it would be handy to know as my WH throttle could be utilised a bit better if i also knew.

 

 

You can assign momentary button presses using the pulse setting in Target software

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Crash,

 

id not even given the target software a thought so ill have a play around with that and see if i can make better use of the throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I meant to ask the toggle switches, or similar two position rocker ones (I use temp switches just fine).

I know how they work but I can't think of any good use cases in IL2 other than doing all I can to make them not behave as a temporary one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

This "check list" is required in all flight games,  DCS has a feature that can synchronize games commands with (physical) switches positions at start, but don't help much if switches are in wrong position, what is complicated by the 'gamey' air start option.

 

That's what I'm doing anyway with my devices every time. With the switch control panel it is even more important, due to switch positions and

landing gear lever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize this is a fairly old thread, but I found it searching for something else.  Another keyboard emulation application was developed for all Saitek (Logitech) flight sim panels.  Although it was developed with DCS World in mind, it can be used as a keyboard emulator for anything.  For DCS specifically, it also support configuration using DCS-BIOS commands.  It's called DCSFlightpanels:

 

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137670

 

I didn't read every post above, so my apologies if this was already mentioned.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...