Ptk

[MOD] Sound Adjust

Hello there,

I think this new tool can help you.

• Upvote 1

Hi is this MOD (in OP) still active? The link appears to be dead. 

Hi @Ptk,  

Is there a way to change the treble (higher) across the board without editing each sample?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

lnightmare... well at least it can be fixed.. not sure what happened, but I can no longer hear the bomb release... have to try to tweak it with utility,,, etc... I think it al was fine, then some patch messed up the sounds,,,, can't hear the bomb release and drop....

Edited by AKA_Ramstein

Begin with the original main.fsb: change  only one wav file and create the new main.fsb
Then verify in the videogame if you can hear the bomb release.
Go on in this way modifying only a wav every time
Pay attention: the new wav has to have the same time length of the old one.
You'll discover the modification that interferes with the bomb release sound.

will try this soon,, thanx, will report back. I already experimented with amplify in the utility. I have not yet put the changed file back into the fsb file.

Ok, this is what I found. Apparently my sound software, Asus comes with additional sound software for the sound, has Sonic Radar. I adjusted this software and sound and the interface sounds too. it is better. it isn't as well as I truly would like it, but at least I can hear the bomb release, at least on the planes I have flown with the changes. Wish they had separate sounds for different items, instead of lumping the sounds all together. I need to hear that clunk sound when I release bombs. I cannot hear the bombs explode when they hit the ground either, but that just something I have to live with I guess.

Hello, have you read Ptk topic?   There is an interesting method to improve gun sound inside the cockpit.

so is it possible you tweak the sounds to better utilize a Buttkicker device?  Aka wing shudders sound before stall more pronounced sort of stuff so buttkicker kicks in on it?  Plus well all other sounds inside the pit lol

is this mod no longer supported? Would be nice if you  could just pop in and say you no longer support this mod or what ever. I suspect you have to update it for every game update so it is only fair you would stop at some point.

• Haha 2

Sorry guys, summer is here and I've been busy. Probably not going to have much time for this.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 6:31 AM, Ptk said:

All sounds (except radio messages) adjusted down 6db. Only useful if you want to hear the ingame messages better. Use high sound settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mly2mq15ty0toll/sound_adj_6db_3006.rar/file

Modified engine cockpit sounds. Use high sound settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g3t9or9urp3mrs5/engines_mix_3006_beta.rar/file

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUI_Background_Mute removes the ambient sounds at game start if you're tired of listening to them like me. Anything weird with this, let me know.

GUI_Background_Mute.rar 788 B · 86 downloads

P40 a20 gun test swaps the p40 50 cal sounds for the a20 50 cal sound. It's a simple edit, compare it with the original if you want to mess around with some other sounds.

p40 a20 gun test.rar 2.61 kB · 29 downloads

The Mediafire link is not working

Could anyone help, please ?

Thanks