Sign in to follow this  
Pierre64

Zimmerit

Bonjour Pierre,

it's looking great so far - perhaps a tiny little too large those vertical stripes? The width of the first vertical stripes on the left edge of the front plate

would be more accurate to me, don't you think? Anyway - great work. Thank you very much.

Cheerio

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

6 hours ago, I./ZG1_feuervogel said:

But actually we don't need it, as there is no infantry throwing magnetic mines ... 😁

You are right… 

...but Zimmerit is fun 😁 So, I added some more :

TZ4.thumb.jpg.57ededa269fe7d8447958661f7686689.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Thanks, guys 😊

This "Zimmerit mod" is not a specific skin but a modified normal map. So, it works with any present or future Tiger I skins.

Only an unfinished work in progress by now. But if you are interested, please, feel free to download the .rar file (15 MB) here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nj2p62vapm6b97y/Tiger_Zimmerit_preview.rar/file

and unzip it in C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\graphics

This will create new sub folders containing the modified .dds normal map (pzvih1_b.dds) and the original file (renamed pzvih_1_Orig.dds).

"Mods" and "4k textures" must be enabled in settings.

Pierre

Edited by Pierre64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much Pierre!!

Well done even in this state. For me its a must have!

I see there is much to do, a lot of work.

S!

Edited by Yankee_One

Hi Yankee_One,

unfortunately, I have no time available and this work did not progress 😥

I just noticed @DetCord12B is making his own zimmerit normal map for the Tiger I.

(According to his avatar, I trust him to make zimmerit great again !) 

Edited : some modifications, after all 😉 : "Default Tiger under fire"

TZ1.thumb.jpg.21e0d6b644a43b11332d9a7eb16abea4.jpg

Edited by Pierre64
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Are you still working on this or have you updated the original download to share this??

Love it Sir, you must be a patient man to do this work without "The Viewer" show the tanks yet.

S!Blade<><

Hi Pierre64,

never mind, its ok. It is how it is.

Thank you very much for responding, and nice modification on the Schürzen😀

On 9/19/2018 at 2:49 AM, Pierre64 said:

@BladeMeister 

This is a new modified (and not final) .dds file :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/94dbkys3u912gfn/pzvih1_b.dds/file

(Patience and viewer are not really required : front, sides and turret are easy to localize on the Tiger skin).

I'm sure you've discovered what an absolute pain in the ass it is with regards to the way the textures are mapped on the Tiger. Nothing is easy.

Have you located the driver viewport section? I can't for the life of me find it.

You really did sort out that these pieces of a napkin are the driver's viewport !?

What kind of a cyborg are you ?

By the way your zimmerit Tiger is really neat :salute:

• Upvote 1

Zimmerit yet was not used in summer 43. First in 44.

I myself prefer my tanks without zimmerit as its looks ugly and the combat reports shows it was useless and a waste of money and time to put it onto the tanks as no other nation used magnetic mines and for those reasons they stopped using it in september 1944.

This isnt aimed at the maker of this excellent zimmerit custom, looks stunning and is a great addition and hope it will be official. 😄
More me and what I think about zimmerit and never found why some prefer it over the normal armour look which I prefer.

Edited by judgedeath3
  • Confused 1

It looks very good imo but Zimmerit wasn't used during the battle of Kursk. That's enough for me to not want to see any while I play to the upcoming expansion.

23 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

It looks very good imo but Zimmerit wasn't used during the battle of Kursk. That's enough for me to not want to see any while I play to the upcoming expansion.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:13 AM, judgedeath3 said:

I myself prefer my tanks without zimmerit as its looks ugly and the combat reports shows it was useless and a waste of money and time to put it onto the tanks as no other nation used magnetic mines and for those reasons they stopped using it in september 1944.

Well then don't download or use it. The fact that someone invested a lot of time in recreating it for the community, should they decide to to use this or any other user IL-2 modification, is always a plus in my book. But don't piss on their addition just because you don't like or intend to use it. It's there for the players to use if they want and shrugging it off just because is pissy and arrogant especially when not judged on the merits of the rendition provided.

Honestly, @Pierre64 took time to create something that had been asked for and then the atypical petulant flight-simmer shows up, beats their keyboard, and tosses on.

EDIT - How do I add people to my ignore list?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

"It looks very good imo" = pissing on someones work

I said it's not historical for Kursk so personally I won't use it...big deal

[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Didn’t need the last part to make your point clear.
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2019 at 2:24 AM, DetCord12B said:

Well then don't download or use it. The fact that someone invested a lot of time in recreating it for the community, should they decide to to use this or any other user IL-2 modification, is always a plus in my book. But don't piss on their addition just because you don't like or intend to use it. It's there for the players to use if they want and shrugging it off just because is pissy and arrogant especially when not judged on the merits of the rendition provided.

Honestly, @Pierre64 took time to create something that had been asked for and then the atypical petulant flight-simmer shows up, beats their keyboard, and tosses on.

EDIT - How do I add people to my ignore list?

I didnt piss on the maker for making it, edited it to make it more clear, the work of it and how it looks is amazing and please: those who wants zimmerit on the tanks do use it. :) Hopefully the developers makes it official, my post was more about its not in my liking and the fact zimmerit was a waste of resources in the war, but I realise this thread isnt about it so I apologize to everyone.

I've got a sample of zimmerit that I found 😃 in the grass next to a panzer 4 at Aberdeen years (decades? 😟) ago. 

It looks and feels very much like a cross between paper mache and concrete.  You can't convince me there's no additional armor protection benefit from it!  😎

Pierre,

This is wonderful work! Thank you very much for doing this. Now the Tiger looks the way it should as the zimmerit adds the authenticity and battle-worn look it needed. Please keep up the good work going forward as Tank Crew develops and expands. You've got a great talent so keep sharing it with us.

• Upvote 1