Han

Developer Diary 200 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:

Hello everybody,

The time flows and significant changes in our main project, Bodenplatte, are on the horizon.

For Tank Crew, M4A2 "Sherman" and Pz. IV Ausf.G are in the works.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

We begin the AI development for player controllable tanks and will start the work on implementing additional tank systems and their damage modeling, tank commander functionality and tank radio communications.

Wauu best News Today :)

Happy to read about the in depth modelling of the turbo supercharger.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 3

Nice update,

tank crew is very promising, cant wait to see further steps. I am a big fan of TC.

Looking forward on that JUG. Thanks for the infos.

Just now, Trooper117 said:

Sopwith Camel... nuff said!

And Pfalz D.IIIa too :)

• Upvote 3

Once we get Camel and Pfalz , multiplayer fun will start.

Looking forward to fights against DR.1 when in my Camel.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Adger said:

This +1 the SP experience is getting left behind,it's all well and good having new theatres etc.But players who SP only are getting a bit miffed..the SP AI needs sorting it really does. I really was hoping to see some news regarding this issue. And again I'm disappointed guys

No more comments about aircraft AI in this thread. That's not what the DD is about. We've already heard you many times. When we can make a change for the better in this area we will let you know.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Can't wait for the Jug, hope to be flying it soon.

Ehmm I dont think so 🙂

I wonder what this means? : In the next update, we plan to improve numerous aircraft graphical effects

3d models corections or smoke, fire, hits ?

Thanks for the news!

Edited by Voidhunger

uhg. Worst part of being a public commercial company: customers. I sometimes feel ashamed to count myself among them.

Looking forward to the new graphics improvements and the Camel. Keep it up guys, and Jason, don't let the {censored}s grind you down. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Ehmm I dont think so 🙂

I wonder what this means? : In the next update, we plan to improve numerous aircraft graphical effects

3d models corections or smoke, fire, hits ?

Thanks for the news!

Well done on the tankie stuff devs.

I'm hoping for better smoke fire hits visuals and especially hit decals.

• Upvote 1

Graphical effects like visual damage?

Good info. Thanks for the DD. Looking forward to the next game update for sure!

Things to come. 😁

PzIV-G.PNG

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

im glad to listen netcode improve...

I have the feeling , from last patch , my online experience is worst... i always have the same poor internet connexion. But from last patch in some servers practically i cant play fine...  This thing move me to believe something was change on model damage or weapons... but after time playing, i think my problem is on internet connection and maybe , better netcode can help people like me, unfortunately we don't have access to better internet connection.

THx for DD

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

All looking mighty good!  Thanks for the dev diary, always makes Friday a little nicer! :)

Posted (edited)

Where to start?

The Sherman is looking fantastic! I saw one of these close up the day before yesterday, and I have to say it's an awesome sight from the perspective of a man on foot. I'm so looking forward to crewing one up, and also to seeing the new player tanks in their AI forms for exciting mission buidling.

The netcode fix will also be most welcome if it gets us back to tanking online. I'm really missing our friends in their tanks right now. In the past tanking has been a brilliant way to get non-flyers joining in the fun online, and for some it has been their first step on a battlefield they now soar above.

As for the Flying Circus content in the works, it will be great to see the Camel and Pfalz back in action. I'm especially curious to see how the Camel will fly in light of changes inherrent in Il-2's more modern iteration of the sim engine.

Edited by Johnny-Red
usual - typo

Wonderful!!

This is just wonderful. The Camel is my favorite  🙂

Sounds good, I'm curious about the effect on hitting wooden planes. In guncams you can see how there are bits of small wooden fragments flying off after the hits, even with non-explosive ammo (I think it was footage of an US fighter attacking a Mosquito by mistake) if thats implemented it would be a nice addition 👍

23 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

About the graphical effects mentioned. These are WIP and not tested in beta yet, but this is the current list. Don't hold us to this cause I don't now what will make the final cut.

1. Smoky tracks from tracers, like MG and AC, have been changed. Now the tracks are synchronized with the speed of the tracers, + they become more realistic in character with a new texture
2. The texture of the flashes is slightly changed for hits and explosions.
3. Improved the effect of the flame
4. The fuel leak effect was changed, it became less noticeable, more realistic
5. Changed the effect of smoke from a damaged engine
6. Changed the effect from the wing tips, tried to achieve a wavy, more believable character.
7. Added the effect of hitting bullets on a wooden plane
8. Improved visualization of light tracers of aircraft

Jason

Awesome!

Is it coming in the next update?

Yay happy 200 DD!!!!!!

cant wait for the new graphic updates! 

Keep up the good work!

Love you devs! 

Will there be more detail in terrain with Tank Crew? i.e trenches, dug in positions, shorter grass, craters, mud etc.

Goody goody. Pfalz D.III and Camel, two of my favourites from RoF. I never liked the Spad or Fokker Triplane so have left FC alone so far. Time to dust off the goggles and scarf! :salute:

Sherman looks good, couple questions though. Will the .50 cal on the commander's position be a field mod? I believe most in the Red Army did not have them mounted. Interesting to see the early style narrow mantlet, much more used to seeing the wider sort on Red Army Emcha, would this be period correct for the ones being sent around the time of kursk?

Great news! Thx guys, its awesome! 

Hope you solve some netcode bugs with servers stability, and we can enjoy the great game with tanks and aircrafts😋

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

No more comments about aircraft AI in this thread. That's not what the DD is about. We've already heard you many times. When we can make a change for the better in this area we will let you know.

Jason

Fair enough Jason,I apologise for replying to another forum member (I did agree with him btw)on the DD thread regarding the aircraft AI issue. It probably wasn't the right place to comment I just think many of us were possibly expecting (hoping) for some sort of news.

I sincerely look forward to any "change for the better in this area" in the future.

Regards

Adger

Edited by Adger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The game is going forward, thanks, even if the "tanks" are not my genre of game. For the P-47d, I predicts 3 months of wait.  2800 hp and supercharger plus the first 6 tons monoplane in the game is not so easy to finish, the flying caracteristics of the beast where quite unique, more so if like some players hope there is a model with the dorsal fin and the fixed bomb racks. And I do not even hope of a model with the razorback that was still in service shoortly before the end of the war.  But hope his live, thanks. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc
corrections

Thank you very much all 3 games looks very promising and i´m soo exited :D

I´m happy to pre-purchased all 3 games :)

my investment is in good hands haha^^

• Like 1

ah, nothing like seeing a field full of burning Shermans... looking forward to Tank Crew and this new direction! 

• Haha 1