ITAF_Rani

Buttkicker per Bos

Salve qualcuno di voi lo usa?

Volevo sapere come installarlo correttamente con BoS

I can tell you some things about the Buttkicker in English, but I don't speak Italian.  What would you like to know?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Serpent for your quick answer.

I m not so good on pc hardware stuff...

But with help of my brother we made a quick setting and and we were able to start BK.

We don t have maual, bought bk from previous owner who used it for another sim.

What I would know if exist the way to set/calibrate the BK vibrations for BoS?

I feel vibration for engine,guns and landing, but no when I deploy the flaps.

The vibration seems to me always the same, but I repeat, I made only a l

quick test.

I suspect also same trouble for running ts when BK is on...but I v to verify

Every advice is  wellcome

Many thanks

I have my Low Filter cutoff OFF, my high frequency cutoff set to 70.  Honestly, some of these controls don't seem to make a whole lot of difference in my experience!

I use a small external sound card for Teamspeak, and my microphone and very loose headphones are plugged into that.  In Windows sound settings you can designate this as the "default communications device".  My game sounds come from the sound card on the motherboard  through speakers and are completely separate from Teamspeak, and this is what is split off into the Buttkicker.  I did this so that voices of wingmen do not cause my seat to rattle!

What kind of sound setup do you have?  2.1 stereo, 4.1 quadrophonic, or 5.1 surround?  Do you have a separate plugin for a Subwoofer/Central channel, and this is what you are using the Y-Splitter on?

I feel a little bit of a rumble when the landing gear is down, but I don't feel anything from the flaps.  I don't think IL-2 sound is really designed with the Buttkicker in mind, and so it doesn't necessarily have all the low frequency (and possible non-audible, infrasound) sounds in there to cause vibration from certain things that you might expect. 

In the meantime, a little later today, I'll dig through one of my boxes of junk and see if I still have the manual that came with the Buttkicker, and if there is any good info in there.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

I have my Low Filter cutoff OFF, my high frequency cutoff set to 70.  Honestly, some of these controls don't seem to make a whole lot of difference in my experience!

I use a small external sound card for Teamspeak, and my microphone and very loose headphones are plugged into that.  In Windows sound settings you can designate this as the "default communications device".  My game sounds come from the sound card on the motherboard  through speakers and are completely separate from Teamspeak, and this is what is split off into the Buttkicker.  I did this so that voices of wingmen do not cause my seat to rattle!

What kind of sound setup do you have?  2.1 stereo, 4.1 quadrophonic, or 5.1 surround?  Do you have a separate plugin for a Subwoofer/Central channel, and this is what you are using the Y-Splitter on?

I feel a little bit of a rumble when the landing gear is down, but I don't feel anything from the flaps.  I don't think IL-2 sound is really designed with the Buttkicker in mind, and so it doesn't necessarily have all the low frequency (and possible non-audible, infrasound) sounds in there to cause vibration from certain things that you might expect. 

In the meantime, a little later today, I'll dig through one of my boxes of junk and see if I still have the manual that came with the Buttkicker, and if there is any good info in there.

You are great serpent...when come back home I ll check all by your advices...

Many thanks

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Posted (edited)

Ok, I found the Quick start guide in my box of junk, but more conveniently, I found a copy of it online:

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BK-GR2_QSG.pdf

Here is the manual for the BKA-130C amplifier:

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BKA-130-C_Manual-ETL.pdf

I have 4.1 sound, which is two outputs from the back of the computer (front and rear).  There is no separate Center/Subwoofer channel in that setup, which is normally where all the low frequency Bass would go to.  So, I was concerned that installing the cabling the way they recommended was not capturing all the Bass that I could possibly send to the BK.  For example, if I just connected the Y-splitter to the Front Channel, then what would happen if the Bass was coming from behind, like when shells are hitting the aircraft?  So I did things a little differently, but I won't bore you with the details unless you also have 4.1 sound! 😀 If I were smart, I would just get another set of speakers and use 5.1 or 7.1 sound, with a Center channel, like the rest of the world!

Take note of the "general guidelines" on the last page of the Buttkicker Quick Start Guide.  It gives the general settings for generic games.  It says LOW CUTOFF ON, HIGH CUTOFF ON, and HIGHT CUTOFF FREQ at 40 HZ.  As I said above my BK is currently set at LOW CUTOFF OFF and HIGH CUTOFF at 70.  I want to feel as much vibration from the Bass as I can, as low as the frequencies will go, so I figured why bother using a low cutoff filter?

btw, the "external sound card" I use to separate game sounds from Teamspeak comms is a very inexpensive affair like this: 

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1535137712&sr=8-6&keywords=external+sound+card

If you are using a Gaming Headset, I'm not quite sure how you would go about splitting the Comms signal from the Games signal, unless you can feed a second sound source into your Headset.  (I don't know, I've never had a Gaming Headset).  

If you have any more questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them if I know the answer.

Edited by SeaSerpent

13 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Ok, I found the Quick start guide in my box of junk, but more conveniently, I found a copy of it online:

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BK-GR2_QSG.pdf

Here is the manual for the BKA-130C amplifier:

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BKA-130-C_Manual-ETL.pdf

I have 4.1 sound, which is two outputs from the back of the computer (front and rear).  There is no separate Center/Subwoofer channel in that setup, which is normally where all the low frequency Bass would go to.  So, I was concerned that installing the cabling the way they recommended was not capturing all the Bass that I could possibly send to the BK.  For example, if I just connected the Y-splitter to the Front Channel, then what would happen if the Bass was coming from behind, like when shells are hitting the aircraft?  So I did things a little differently, but I won't bore you with the details unless you also have 4.1 sound! 😀 If I were smart, I would just get another set of speakers and use 5.1 or 7.1 sound, with a Center channel, like the rest of the world!

Take note of the "general guidelines" on the last page of the Buttkicker Quick Start Guide.  It gives the general settings for generic games.  It says LOW CUTOFF ON, HIGH CUTOFF ON, and HIGHT CUTOFF FREQ at 40 HZ.  As I said above my BK is currently set at LOW CUTOFF OFF and HIGH CUTOFF at 70.  I want to feel as much vibration from the Bass as I can, as low as the frequencies will go, so I figured why bother using a low cutoff filter?

btw, the "external sound card" I use to separate game sounds from Teamspeak comms is a very inexpensive affair like this: 

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1535137712&sr=8-6&keywords=external+sound+card

If you are using a Gaming Headset, I'm not quite sure how you would go about splitting the Comms signal from the Games signal, unless you can feed a second sound source into your Headset.  (I don't know, I've never had a Gaming Headset).  

If you have any more questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them if I know the answer.

Thanks again mate, not so much time to check alll at moment but I ll let you know asap !!

A BIG thanks for the moment

Hi mate I use a brend new y,- splitter.

Previously I had a switch that I believe not more suitable.

With you advices and the help of my brother, now I can play with BCk.

The sound is really cool and the engine revolutions are gorgeous expecially for the Fw 190  BMW.

Also when I land I can feel the wheels touch the ground.

Many thanks