KANTTORIN KONE Throttle Console

1 hour ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

Me and my Finnish Virtual pilot friend Pentti Kurkinen are going to build these Junkers Ju88 replica control columns later in this year. The first metal porotype is coming soon to my home cockpit that I can test it. My friend is also planning vintage fighter sticks with another type of gimbal mechanics but a replaceable handle. Handles could be of the type of Luftwaffe, USAF, Russian etc.

But first we make this bomber controller which also comes with a replaceable steering wheel  or yoke which could be, for example, type P-38, Mosquito, Boston III etc. according to the customer's wishes. My friend Pena has also designed and 3D printed my current console throttle/RPM handles and he is really great with them. Any alternative bomber handles would also be 3D prints as shown in this image on the Ju88 controller.

ju88_control_column.jpg

The image above shows an early version of a very small "forward-backward" mechanism, but the controller is already almost the final 3D printed output. The image below shows the latest 3D printed gimbal prototype, its structure is now considerably more robust. We’ll soon get laser-cut gimbal parts out of metal and get to test the Junkers controller properly in practice. 

ju88_gimbal_prototype.jpg

Never really fancied using a yoke for my simming, but this I would be interested in. Looks really great; good luck with the project.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Any chance that you can build a smaller throttle? (Half size, is too long for me)

Sorry, I make only these two console types. Jabo-console is the smallest one and there are just enough buttons and functions for the IL-2 Sturmovik GB or CloD. My Both console models are designed to be placed correctly on the left side of the pilot / player in the home cockpits, these are not intended for "desk pilots" with their office chairs. ;)

This is the idea:

Kanttorin%20Kone%20ETC-01.png

Kanttorin%20Kone%20ETC-09.png

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

Sorry, I make only these two console types. Jabo-console is the smallest one and there are just enough buttons and functions for the IL-2 Sturmovik GB or CloD. My Both console models are designed to be placed correctly on the left side of the pilot / player in the home cockpits, these are not intended for "desk pilots" with their office chairs. ;)

This is the idea:

Kanttorin%20Kone%20ETC-01.png

Kanttorin%20Kone%20ETC-09.png

I got it 😕 I dont have space for a dedicated cockpit damn it lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SJ_Butcher said:

I got it 😕 I don't have space for a dedicated cockpit damn it lol

Desk mounts? 

With my 2 Monstertech mounts I have most of the comfort / functionality of a permanent cockpit but with the flexibility to unclip the centre mounted joystick in literally the time is takes to boot into Windows. 

Edited by Yardstick
typo
  • 1 month later...

I finally got my Jabo-console.

Waiting time was a bit lengthy but it was worth of it.:biggrin:

Here are my thoughts after a one weeks usage.

This console should be made mandatory for a every Il-2 BoX or any WWII virtual pilot. Especially if you use VR it is a perfect tool. No more need to blindly reach keyboard and try to find G or F or as in my case most frequently ctrl+E    

The feeling it adds to game is just great. Sturdy metal case, all those shiny vintage buttons and Fw 190 look-alike throttle.

And honestly just clicking of those buttons and switches brings a little kid out from a grown up man. It is a fun toy.

I was a bit hesitating about its size but in a real life it is not too big. I have kept it temporarily at another chair beside my office/gaming chair and it works fine there.     

Only downside I can see is its cost. But hey still all the other mainstream options (Thrustmaster, Logitech CH Products) are not free either.

So if you are planning to invest into throttle I cannot dream a better option than Kanttorin Kone Jabo console. 

Highly recommended. (if you have patience to wait its delivery)

:salute: JLean

Dislcaimer: I do not have any relation with Ismo and I paid the full price. I am just a real happy customer:joy:

• Like 1

Hey Kanttori,
your consoles really look great.

I e-mailed you some time ago with some questions (no reply yet)
I also fly mostly warbirds in DCS and MSFS2020 - so will MSFS recognize your console?

I'm thinking about ordering the JABO model - are you again taking orders?