crristy19712

I.A.R.-80 and 81c

Hi guys...today i want to discuss about this 2 Roumanian fighters...IL-2 without this planes is not full or Italian Bomber Savoia...corect?

There have been countless threads about that fighter. Basically I think most of us would agree, that it would be a nice collector’s plane to have, but with no Romanian radio comms or any other things to support the aircraft, the SP experience will be sorta limited as is the case with the MC.202. 

Also: With BoBP currently in development, and many people looking towards the Pacific after that, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for loads of GPW content (sadly, as it is objectively the best setting for a WW2 flight sim) We’ll get the Po-2 and hopefully a slow dripple of aircraft to flesh out the existing plane set, but it will be small numbers and far between releases.

• Upvote 1

Wrong...it is manny Roumanian gamers in IL-2 or others old IL-2...can be made easy  radio comms...still alive veterans of WW II or engineers in country ho can help to build good plane in game! Battles of Stalingrad or Moscow...without this planes is empty...for us players,and for accurate history!

As I said: I’d love to have it. Just don’t get your hopes up, before there is any reason to.

And the problem with radio comms is not hiring a voice actor but the recording. The devs don’t have a recording studio, and apparently just making the the radio comms that we have now was a pain and a half and quite expensive for them.

And nobody forgott the Roumanian Pilots ho fight against allmoust all Country in the world in the sky...except Japan and South America...US air force ,British,Germany and in special URSS nows well this pilots ...

in Forgotten Battles IL-2 it is radio comms in Roumanian language...

Edited by crristy19712

considering the eastern front is almost done for the time being in the air, there is little chance of it coming anytime soon especially when they have all the western planes to develop along with the tanks and WW1 as well. Although it did see combat in the west there are far more common aircraft that are of better choice especially with the lack of attackers currently in BoBP it really does not need another fighter 

Ok i don t say right now...but developers must to keep in mind this ...all the time.. i repeat...IL-2(all air battles over URSS) without Roumanian planes is not accurate!

Guys...admited...IL-2 it means air war over Rusia...in that special section must be all plains ho fighted...right???

2 minutes ago, crristy19712 said:

Ok i don t say right now...but developers must to keep in mind this ...all the time.. i repeat...IL-2(all air battles over URSS) without Roumanian planes is not accurate!

Roumanian markings are included for the Bf-109 E-7, He-111 H-6, Ju-87 D-3, and Ju-88 A-4.

4 minutes ago, JG5_Zesphr said:

Although it did see combat in the west there are far more common aircraft that are of better choice especially with the lack of attackers currently in BoBP it really does not need another fighter 

This I actually disagree with. No, it wasn’t exactly common, but it did see a lot of action over a protracted period of time (unlike the MC.202 at Stalingrad) and while I agree, that more bombers/ground attackers/recon aircraft are preferable to more fighters, the Axis side could really use a new fighter that wasn’t a Bf 109 or Fw 190.

• Like 1

Right..but where is IAR-80,81s???And SAVOYA Bombers???After Germany Roumania was the great ally in the East Front...so...no we talk about Politics???

Simple answer: They are not in the sim, because the devs didn’t make ‘em. They chose to focus mainly on the two main combatants in the GPW for the first 3 titles. Perfectly reasonable choice and not political at all (I mean: Why would it be political, is there any significant bias against Romania, that I should be aware of?)

Edited by Finkeren
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, JG5_Zesphr said:

especially with the lack of attackers currently in BoBP it really does not need another fighter 

BoBP isn’t really lacking in attackers, though. It has the Fw-190 F-8, P-47 D, Spitfire Mk.IXe, P-38 J, and Me-262 A-1a, which, despite being built as fighters, (or based on existing fighter designs) did see considerable use in the ground attack role, especially in the geographical and temporal setting of BoBP.

Finkeren i spoked about why not be this airplanes enside of the game....about politics i sed why some talk here about this important thing relatively???Why is not NORMAL to have all planes in the game???IAR was a good and great plane...how manny now about this planes?

5 minutes ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

BoBP isn’t really lacking in attackers, though. It has the Fw-190 F-8, P-47 D, Spitfire Mk.IXe, P-38 J, and Me-262 A-1a, which, despite being built as fighters, (or based on existing fighter designs) did see considerable use in the ground attack role, especially in the geographical and temporal setting of BoBP.

being used in a ground attack role and being an attack aircraft are two completely different things

Just now, crristy19712 said:

Finkeren i spoked about why not be this airplanes enside of the game....about politics i sed why some talk here about this important thing relatively???Why is not NORMAL to have all planes in the game???IAR was a good and great plane...how manny now about this planes?

because the dev team is smaller than a football team and have to set priorities and make sure to use their resources most efficiently?

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

being used in a ground attack role and being an attack aircraft are two completely different things

I’ll concede that, but BoBP still has plenty of aircraft that can be used for things other than air-to-air combat. In fact, as someone who enjoys ground attack, I think it’s aircraft are going to be a lot more fun to use for low-level ground-pounding than what we have in BoS, BoM, and BoK.

Edited by PB_Cybermat47

1 minute ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

I’ll concede that, but BoBP still has plenty of aircraft that can be used for things other than air-to-air combat. In fact, as someone who enjoys ground attack, I think it’s aircraft are going to be a lot more fun to use for low-level ground-pounding than what we have in BoS, BoM, and BoK.

shush! i want my Me 410 😄

• Haha 1

IAR would be great but as Flinkeren said - it would require recording Romanian sound files.

9 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

shush! i want my Me 410 😄

But...

>50mm autocannon<

... okay, now I want an Me-410 too :biggrin:

Edited by PB_Cybermat47

@PB_Cybermat47 i recommend removing or altering that picture (russian law -> forum rules)

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bies said:

IAR would be great but as Flinkeren said - it would require recording Romanian sound files.

There's an all-English language mod made by forum members, so I think a Romanian one could also be done provided enough volunteers could be found.

Edited by sniperton
added link to community voice mod (all-English)
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bies said:

Why? mc202 does not have italian voice, spanish squadron in career does not speak spanish.Yes it's bad, but all voices should be recoreded, germans too, they are just bad and i don't know even germans can understand what they are saying. They could make that plane as collectoner and voices could always be made later in one go.

Rent studio, do voices for germans, russians, girl russian, spanish, english (usa/british), japanese, romanian, hungarian and maybe more if needed. Would be cheaper to rent a studio to do voice acting once and do all the voices.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This notion of them no making a plane because of pilot voices is just stupid. 

I would buy IAR even without Romanian voices because it's a nice, distinct plane (ok i would buy anything they release) but there is lot of very important planes missing from the early period of the war (I-153, Ju87B, Yak-1 from 1941, Lagg-3 from 1941, IAR, B-239, G.50, Fi-156, FW189, DB-3 etc.) so some full title would be more resonable then one collector plane.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps when the record new voices for BoBP, it would be an opportune time to do a few extra languages. 

My opinion is that the IAR is gorgeous and would give some much needed verity to the axis side, but maybe the window of opportunity has come and gone. (I would trade the G4 for it in a heartbeat).

• Upvote 1

yeap maybe you right...thx

Bies you no IAR 80 is a half PZL..right?And it was in the first 3s fighters in the world in 1939!

20 minutes ago, crristy19712 said:

Bies you no IAR 80 is a half PZL..right?And it was in the first 3s fighters in the world in 1939!

yeap, if i remember well i even proposed IAR as premium plane some time ago.

• Upvote 1

BOS or even earlier, they have been used since Barbarossa.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, bies said:

BOS or even earlier, they have been used since Barbarossa.

Yes but they were used in the South. I could be wrong but I don't think they ever came close to Moscow.

Anyway, if you read the records, the IAR is a very weird bird. It was clearly underpowered, but it had sublime wing loading. And with the wings so far in front, it probably had superb elevator authority. The armament is double the one found on a Bf-109 (no idea about the ammo count though) and it had a bubble canopy. But the biggest surprise is the K/D ratio which is absurdly high for such a low-production plane. 

Edited by Wolferl_1791
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crristy19712 said:

yeap maybe you right...thx

And they have fuselages which are awfully similar to the F4u Corsair...

6 minutes ago, Wolferl_1791 said:

Anyway, if you read the records, the IAR is a very weird bird. It was clearly underpowered, but it had sublime wing loading. And with the wings so far in front, it probably had superb elevator authority. The armament is double the one found on a Bf-109 (no idea about the ammo count though) and it had a bubble canopy. But the biggest surprise is the K/D ratio which is absurdly high for such a low-production plane. 

Sometimes it's what underdogs do - have absurdly high K/D - the FAF's F2A Buffalo is another great example. There was one F2A which had +40 victories total...

Edited by Ehret
  • Upvote 1

it not was low production Ehret..but you right in the other things..but this airplane was great... in the air look like FW-190 and the armament was good ownly on 81c.Roumania with this  own 2 fighters and Me-109 G-2 and G-6 builded the same in Country, was the backbone of air defence...beetwin 43` and August 44` keep it cest against USA and British with manny losses but great victorys...fear put it in the Americans was high..thats why a lot Vetereans of the fighters or bombers from USA still alive,talk with great respect about Roumanian Pilots!Rusians and Germans talk the same!About air fights in the Rusia with this planes from 41` to 44`and this great pilots... if someone want to discuss with me,im glad to talk! 4 of them you see here below..Vizanty,Serbanescu,Bazu Cantacuzino,and Ion Milu...with hundreds victorys against Allys and Germans after Aug.44 till finisht the war

627x0 (1).jpg

627x0 (2).jpg

627x0 (3).jpg

627x0 (4).jpg

627x0.jpg

it not was low production Ehret..but you right in the other things..but this airplane was great... in the air look like FW-190 and the armament was good ownly on 81c.Roumania with this  own 2 fighters and Me-109 G-2 and G-6 builded the same in Country, was the backbone of air defence...beetwin 43` and August 44` keep it cest against USA and British with manny losses but great victorys...fear put it in the Americans was high..thats why a lot Vetereans of the fighters or bombers from USA still alive,talk with great respect about Roumanian Pilots!Rusians and Germans talk the same!About air fights in the Rusia with this planes from 41` to 44`and this great pilots... if someone want to discuss with me,im glad to talk! 4 of them you see here below..Vizanty,Serbanescu,Bazu Cantacuzino,and Ion Milu...with hundreds victorys against Allys and Germans after Aug.44 till finisht the war

627x0 (5).jpg

6 hours ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

Roumanian markings are included for the Bf-109 E-7, He-111 H-6, Ju-87 D-3, and Ju-88 A-4.

And hs129

12 hours ago, Finkeren said:

There have been countless threads about that fighter. Basically I think most of us would agree, that it would be a nice collector’s plane to have, but with no Romanian radio comms or any other things to support the aircraft, the SP experience will be sorta limited as is the case with the MC.202. 

Also: With BoBP currently in development, and many people looking towards the Pacific after that, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for loads of GPW content (sadly, as it is objectively the best setting for a WW2 flight sim) We’ll get the Po-2 and hopefully a slow dripple of aircraft to flesh out the existing plane set, but it will be small numbers and far between releases.

Oh please. The language pack is not an excuse not to buy a plane, or not to model one. 

The reason the IAR will not be modeled is the potential sales and this team will always look for the plane that will give them the most sales, regardless of their historical importance. That's why we got the Mc.202 and FW-190 instead of the IAR for Stalingrad, that's why we go straight to late western front, that's why they started rise of flight with the most popular late war planes. 

Don't expect historical oriented plane set from this team. It's all about what would sell better.  

If you want to play around with a really nice IAR-81C, you could try the Warthunder model. The 3d is just awesome. the FM still needs work, but it's a really good looking model.

shot_2018.02.26_20.55.25.jpgimagehosting

shot_2018.02.26_21.03.25.jpgupload image hosting

shot_2018.08.15_15.37.44.jpg

shot_2018.08.14_17.51.13.jpg

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 1

100% agree a Romanian aircraft is a must, but Jaws is right i'm afraid. IAR80 is another dead horse here........but Warthunder can't not be a solution. 

MC200_IAR80.jpg

If you guys want a game where Roumania gets more representation, I’d recommend the WWI FPS Tannenberg.

I see here diferent opinions...ownly i wanted to say, is from one point of wiew...i get it when West peoples don t want to see Roumania in History...ok and what she made it for all Countrys in Centurys from Europe!All the time i respectet all, own History...my self im a big fan of Germany in ww II...and i like to see accurate in games how it was...i understand when money come first,and History remain in History!But don t kill me here because i ask about something important in i belive...

6 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

Oh please. The language pack is not an excuse not to buy a plane, or not to model one. 

The reason the IAR will not be modeled is the potential sales and this team will always look for the plane that will give them the most sales, regardless of their historical importance. That's why we got the Mc.202 and FW-190 instead of the IAR for Stalingrad, that's why we go straight to late western front, that's why they started rise of flight with the most popular late war planes. 

Don't expect historical oriented plane set from this team. It's all about what would sell better.  

I deisgree on many fields.

First - the team have to consider sales because they are commercial company, not a government institution "with mission". If they would fail finnancialy the company would bancrupt. It's management.

Second - devs decided to model and sale Ju-52 and Po-2, ambitious but risky choices when it comes to sales, fantastic aircrafts for dedicated players. People are glad they made such a bold decision. 

IAR-80, ususual, exotic, effective fighter airplane - sales would be guaranted. Even more when it comes to Hurricane, I-153, B-239 etc.etc. But they have limited time and limited amount of people.

So stop invent some ideologies why they didn't model this or that plane because the real reason is: limited resources and time.

And even so they are developing three new ambitious titles at once + collector plane. So i would say they are being impressively managed.

Edited by bies
  • Upvote 3

IARs... not make money, but Ju-52 and Po-2 yes....i live dark days!Limited resurces and time...stupid scusses and lies i belive!here in my country i no at least 20 people ho wanted to buy and play IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad...but enside with IARs...i no manny here in virtual world the same....i think at least 100 peoples arrownd the world deserve to buy and have this plane...right?I hope and i belive one day soon...developers will give to IARs the right plase in this game!

1 hour ago, crristy19712 said:

...my self im a big fan of Germany in ww II...

I assume difficulties with language, because who can be big fan of nation responsible for genocide and army who execute it. 

• Like 1