-IRRE-golgoth21

why fake blocks are no more "fake" ?

Hello

In order to set a runaway as destroyed after a bomb run, i used to spread some fake bloks on the runaway and link them to a counter. Once the numbers of fake blocks are destroyed, the counter call a subtitle. So far, nothing new.

The problem is that, while the runaway still operational (before the ennemy bombing run) i can't take off or land on this runaway anymore. Before, the fake blocks were like ghosts, invisible,  now, they are invisible but i can't pass through them. 

Any clue to achieve the same purpose without this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Hum, i have to test that again, because my last test in May (if i remember) works fine.

Golgoth, j'essaie de retester ça demain, et je reviens vers toi.

Edited by Habu

Seems like we're gonna have some juicy targets in next LBDK !

Just an idea : you could try to force them underground by manually setting the Y coordinate to a lower value.

Not sure wether or not they will still be sensitive to bomb blast though.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Or maybe put them on the edge of the runway, and instead of triggering when destroyed, trigger when damaged?

Clumsy workaround, I know...

Golgoth, i tested on two version of the game and i confirm the problem. I'm going to report the problem.

I don't know for Golgoth, but for me, the goal is to destroy the runway. When fake block is destroyed, it's activated some craters on the runway which lock the runway.

Hmm,,,I had thought this was fixed,  but guess it was not true.  I got a lot of squad mates really pissed at me now.  A lot of "wtf"'s trying to take off...

Not keen on the "on side of runway" option. Anyone figured out anything better for destroying runways?

t was allways like this. No changes for years.

Fake block - it is a "building" which have collision but have no visual model. It was designed to be used specifically in Career where we can't set Entity for buildings in map pre-designed scenery (while it can be easily done in custom-made, not-generated, missions).

1 hour ago, Han said:

t was allways like this. No changes for years.

Fake block - it is a "building" which have collision but have no visual model. It was designed to be used specifically in Career where we can't set Entity for buildings in map pre-designed scenery (while it can be easily done in custom-made, not-generated, missions).

Nice to know. On a related note, what was fake_vehicle designed to be used for?

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Nice to know. On a related note, what was fake_vehicle designed to be used for?

It's used in Career where map scenery templaye is placed "as is" from template file and there is no ability to add entities to specified buildings from this scenery to get events from them for further mission script processing.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Han said:

It's used in Career where map scenery templaye is placed "as is" from template file and there is no ability to add entities to specified buildings from this scenery to get events from them for further mission script processing.

It’s also great for a small scripted explosion effect. :)

Edit - Oops nevermind - I use the fake vehicle for that, not fake block.

Edited by Gambit21

Han may we have a fake block which can be destroyed but with no collision.