Jump to content
zyss

When the Battle of Korea can be started?

Recommended Posts

Want the Mig-15bis, want the F-86, want the La-11, and want the F8F, any plan about the battle of Korea?

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First BoBP.

Then PTO, MTO, SCW, CBI. And after all these theaters of operations they may move to Korea.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the research for Japanese planes continues to be troublesome I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes the next title for Great Battles.

 

I dont mind Korea but would like to go to the Pacific first. Carriers, and japanese planes will be a nice refreshing change, while still staying in WWII.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the sim gets more polished, fuel managment, engine gauges that work, better AI, improved more detailed damage model, than starting to get all sims from all eras.And if that  keep in WWII, more fronts, Pacific , Battle of Britian (CLOD is not an option)  Finish front, early war etc.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

I hope the sim gets more polished, fuel managment, engine gauges that work, better AI, improved more detailed damage model, than starting to get all sims from all eras.And if that  keep in WWII, more fronts, Pacific , Battle of Britian (CLOD is not an option)  Finish front, early war etc.

Which engine gauges don't work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to have a proper early jet era sim.

 

Post WW2 up to late 50's era jets.  

 

No fly by wires, no RWR or even on board radars apart for gun computer or narrow cone missile targeting radars... Just brass balls and elegant jets. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil pressure, fuel pressure.

You get leaks and they dont start dropping, just when the engine siezes it goes to zero.

In a real plane you will be monitoring this gauges closely , specially when the engine is damaged.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Probably about 18 months from now.  I suspect it will be the next Yugra Media project.

 

I think this might be correct.

 

As for early war, I can't imagine it'll happen.  Any earlier than Battle of Moscow and the aircraft just don't have the sex appeal to draw enough people compared to the rest of the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if Korea happens there had better be lots of the late prop types, because if it's just Mig 15 and F86, there will be no money coming from me.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Korea there is one issue; only two planes are on the top of the food chain, Sabre and Mig-15. The rest is far inferior and can't compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the 10km max view range in MP is going to be woefully inadequate for any kind of reasonable MP. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sereme1 said:

With Korea there is one issue; only two planes are on the top of the food chain, Sabre and Mig-15. The rest is far inferior and can't compete.

 

Only if you are an online stat chaser that assumes that fighters are the only reason people fly simulations.

 

The whole point of any air force is to support the troops on the ground, hence the need for attack aircraft.  The Mig 15 and Sabre are poor at best in the attack role, the old F84 and Panther were far better, and the prop Skyraider and Corsair better still.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we won't see it for a long time. We still have so much of WW2 to cover. If the Pacific is postponed again we could always go to Italy (my dream), or Normandy. It would be a mistake to pass over these scenarios just to go to Korea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The whole point of any air force is to support the troops on the ground, hence the need for attack aircraft.  The Mig 15 and Sabre are poor at best in the attack role, the old F84 and Panther were far better, and the prop Skyraider and Corsair better still.

 

Korea has boatloads of interesting airplanes that are not jet-powered at all.

And of course those jets that aren't Sabres and MiG-15s. Then there's about a million different Sabre types that are of interest.

I like Sabres. Please do all the Sabres :vhap:

 

F4U-4,-5,-6 (AU-1), a couple of Skyraiders, Mustangs, Twin Mustangs, B-26s (the Invader kind of B-26), B-29s. Don't know about T-6s and T-28s but possibly those, too.

Ang generally a very interesting map. Great for CAS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Rowan's Mig Alley. Korea would be nice but not right after Bodenplatte. After few WWII titles when the graphic technology and the game will develop. With some planes flying at 13-15km with speed of more than 1000km/h current draw distances would be a little too small and restrictions too exposed.

But after some time and developement Korea would be nice.

Edited by bies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, when and if Korea happens I will guarantee you that Mig 15s will be shot down by prop fighters.

In fact, I plan to specialize in that.  Just because I can, and have before in the old sim.

 

As to the T6 in Korea, yes they were there in the Forward Air Controller role.  They called themselves Mosquitoes, and were armed with phosphorous rockets. the specific model is the LT-6.

 

dc57c09613b945788a2579067d39e567.jpg

 

North American T-6D Mosquito

 

Lots of good info and more pics int he link above to the NMUSAF web site.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

There will be 2 another bobp projects

Nope, This is guaranteed to not happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, angus26 said:

Nope, This is guaranteed to not happen. 

If Pacific is delayed it only makes sense to expand on the Western front, whether that be in Normandy, or Sicily and Italy. At least if they do Italy or Normandy they will have aircraft from Bodenplatte to be used with it. Another plus is that many of the German aircraft are done so they could add more rare or interesting aircraft (italian) instead of the same old thing.

 

I want the Pacific as much as anyone else (especially New Guinea) but if it is delayed once more it makes absolutely no sense to go to korea instead of expanding on western Europe. Korea just doesn't make sense to do at this point in time, nor in the near future.

 

With that being said, if you give me an H-19 Chickasaw to fly transport in, I'll buy Korea in a heartbeat.

Sikorsky_S-55_inflight_(altered).jpg

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not claiming to be knowledgeable on the topic of marketing but I have a feeling that it will get people’s (media’s) attention about the series when it can be said to be “sprawling.”    

 

”Covering three major wars and spanning from 1914 to the mid 50’s, this game is trying to be the largest and greatest dogfighting sim yet to be...”  

 

I hope therefore we keep on WW1 and WW2 but can also add Korea.  But that’s also laughably easy for me to say.   They can have my money anyway.  

 

Ceowulf<><   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ceowulf said:

Not claiming to be knowledgeable on the topic of marketing but I have a feeling that it will get people’s (media’s) attention about the series when it can be said to be “sprawling.”    

 

”Covering three major wars and spanning from 1914 to the mid 50’s, this game is trying to be the largest and greatest dogfighting sim yet to be...”  

 

I hope therefore we keep on WW1 and WW2 but can also add Korea.  But that’s also laughably easy for me to say.   They can have my money anyway.  

 

Ceowulf<><   

I'd love to see them expand into other conflicts like Korea and Vietnam but not at the expense of WW2. If they could develop it alongside WW2 then I'm all for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legioneod said:

If Pacific is delayed it only makes sense to expand on the Western front, whether that be in Normandy, or Sicily and Italy. At least if they do Italy or Normandy they will have aircraft from Bodenplatte to be used with it. Another plus is that many of the German aircraft are done so they could add more rare or interesting aircraft (italian) instead of the same old thing.

 

^^^

I'd love to see the MC-205... others too. For Allies the A-36 - a very interesting but overlooked variant of the Mustang.

Edited by Ehret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need Bf109g10, yak3, la7 so I expect another western/eastern scenario maybe simultaneosly developed with pto if there will be enough material. I think pto will take longer to create than bobp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ehret said:

 

^^^

I'd love to see the MC-205... others too. For Allies the A-36 - a very interesting but overlooked variant of the Mustang.

Yep. P-51B/C, P-47 Razorback, MC-205, G-55, Re 2005, etc. all would be very interesting aircraft and they are aircraft that we don't really see in sims, especially the razorback P-47s and P-51s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

 

Only if you are an online stat chaser that assumes that fighters are the only reason people fly simulations.

 

Exactly

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

If the research for Japanese planes continues to be troublesome I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes the next title for Great Battles.

 

If this happens then I think this

 

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Probably about 18 months from now.  I suspect it will be the next Yugra Media project.

 

Is pefectly feasible.  We know Han has expressed an interest in the theatre and it must have crossed Jason's mind that this would be a ground-breaking venture.

Either now or sometime in the near future the team are going to model transonic flight and jet engines for the 262.  Once done, are they going to put that tech. on a shelf and forget about it or will they want to use it again?

 

Korea?  Early jets, late props and carriers - I like it:cool:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

 

Only if you are an online stat chaser that assumes that fighters are the only reason people fly simulations.

 

The whole point of any air force is to support the troops on the ground, hence the need for attack aircraft.  The Mig 15 and Sabre are poor at best in the attack role, the old F84 and Panther were far better, and the prop Skyraider and Corsair better still.

I wouldn't call the F-86 ground attack capability poor. It wasn't used much in Ground attack because it was the only aircraft that could compete with the MiG-15, unlike the Panther or Hog, whose only use was ground attack as they were far outmatched vs the MiG.

 

The air to air combat line-up of the Korean war, which is Sabre vs Fagot, is relatively well balanced. The Ground attack aspect however is not. The UN forces have a mixture of jets like the Meteor, Hog, Panther, Shooting Star, superprops like the Sea Fury, -5 Corsairs and very good attackers like A-26 and Skyraider.

 

The Communists don't have any 2nd tier jets and of their props, only the La-9 can come close to a superprop (but considering it has the same 1,850hp engine as the La-5FN from 1943, I don't think it can compete with the likes of the 2500hp+ monsters F4U-5 and FB11) The remnants are of late WW2 vintage like the La-7, and Yak-9. Nor do I think the Il-10 is in the same league as the Skyraider, carries less ordnance, slower. I dunno, maybe devs will put IL-28 as a collector aircraft even if it didn't see combat in Korea.

The La-7, Yak-9 and Il-10 are more suited to a late Eastern Front expansion

Edited by RoflSeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoflSeal said:

I wouldn't call the F-86 ground attack capability poor. It wasn't used much in Ground attack because it was the only aircraft that could compete with the MiG-15, unlike the Panther or Hog, whose only use was ground attack as they were far outmatched vs the MiG.

 

The air to air combat line-up of the Korean war, which is Sabre vs Fagot, is relatively well balanced. The Ground attack aspect however is not. The UN forces have a mixture of jets like the Meteor, Hog, Panther, Shooting Star, superprops like the Sea Fury, -5 Corsairs and very good attackers like A-26 and Skyraider.

 

The Communists don't have any 2nd tier jets and of their props, only the La-9 can come close to a superprop (but considering it has the same 1,850hp engine as the La-5FN from 1943, I don't think it can compete with the likes of the 2500hp+ monsters F4U-5 and FB11) The remnants are of late WW2 vintage like the La-7, and Yak-9. Nor do I think the Il-10 is in the same league as the Skyraider, carries less ordnance, slower. I dunno, maybe devs will put IL-28 as a collector aircraft even if it didn't see combat in Korea.

The La-7, Yak-9 and Il-10 are more suited to a late Eastern Front expansion 

 

On the North Korea/China/Soviet side the La-9 would be the aircraft used rather than the La-7 (the -7 had a limited shelf life while the La-9 was an all metal design meant to last longer). The same story with the Yak-9P which was an all metal variation of the Yak-9U and the ultimate in the Yak-9 series.

 

With the IL-10 I'd be curious if it was the late series used by North Korea. This IL-10M version had four NS-23mm cannons, B-20 cannon in the gunner seat. So maybe not Skyraider level but not too shabby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I have any interest in that idea. So much more interesting aspects of WW2 & 1 to explore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, US103GarvenDreis said:

I want this.

 

Especially with human co-pilot for perfect awareness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

 

Gorgeous plane :^) 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by US103GarvenDreis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...