The guys there in IL-2 forum are "complaining" about VKB's released products don't be available in EU/US retailers at mounts, not about "Kosmosima" release - an grip that in principle interest more for people in Star Citizen/Reedit groups. 😉

Edited by Sokol1

I’ve given up on vkb and virpil... so I bit the bullet and got a warthog....  but I’m not understanding how it is suppose to work with flight sims... all it has done since I got it is rummage through my apartment and charged at the cats... it also destroyed my new sofa and I have to call the superintendent to get a new toilet...

but ya, I was really looking forward to either the vkb/virpil products with cams and fun buttons but I’ve given up...

Edited by spartan85
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2018 at 9:08 PM, spartan85 said:

I’ve given up on vkb and virpil... so I bit the bullet and got a warthog....  but I’m not understanding how it is suppose to work with flight sims... all it has done since I got it is rummage through my apartment and charged at the cats... it also destroyed my new sofa and I have to call the superintendent to get a new toilet...

but ya, I was really looking forward to either the vkb/virpil products with cams and fun buttons but I’ve given up...

Out of curiosity what issues did you have ordering with VPC? If there's anything I can help out with, please let me know!

17 hours ago, VIRPILControls said:

Out of curiosity what issues did you have ordering with VPC? If there's anything I can help out with, please let me know!

Idk, about him, buts kind of hard to buy one when there are non available to buy :)

49 minutes ago, BRADYS555 said:

Idk, about him, buts kind of hard to buy one when there are non available to buy :)

I assume you're referring to the MongoosT-50 base? Our WarBRD and Throttle for example are available in stock for immediate dispatch. The MT-50 base was made temporarily unavailable while we caught up with pre-orders but it will be back next week when our merged webstore launches :)

18 hours ago, VIRPILControls said:

Well like BRADYS555 said, pretty much all were out of stock.....and Once selected “notify when in stock” nothing has come back to me, for months.... then I saw the website was down for vacation

i was kinda sad so invested in The TMWH... couldn’t wait any longer :(

My t.16000m was worn down and dead zone of nearly %30 because of stick wobble—— yikes!

anyway no neagativity towards virpil... perhaps in the future I would purchase the grip to put on my TMW base... always need more buttons!

1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

Well like BRADYS555 said, pretty much all were out of stock.....and Once selected “notify when in stock” nothing has come back to me, for months.... then I saw the website was down for vacation

i was kinda sad so invested in The TMWH... couldn’t wait any longer :(

My t.16000m was worn down and dead zone of nearly %30 because of stick wobble—— yikes!

anyway no neagativity towards virpil... perhaps in the future I would purchase the grip to put on my TMW base... always need more buttons!

Again to clarify, only our MongoosT-50 has been temporarily out of stock as we caught up with pre-orders! Everything else has been available to purchase including our new VPC WarBRD base!

Our website isn't down for vacation - we're moving our worldwide store to merge with our EU store so that we can offer better courier and payment options to all our customers, it's re-opening 1st Oct and there is stock available for immediate dispatch :)

I tried to buy one in the european store. Available at 26th Sep., i checked at 26th Sep. et Voilá... out of stock once again.. 🤦‍♀️

Same song each time. Their "super batch", "enough to fill in a hangar", etc.... last 4 hours on their website, then out of stock

15 minutes ago, kalbuth said:

Same song each time. Their "super batch", "enough to fill in a hangar", etc.... last 4 hours on their website, then out of stock

Well technically they have not built up the "super batch" yet as I understand it, but they say they are working on it.

We'll see - I too will believe it when I see it.

With Virpil discontinuing the T-50 gimbal, VKB would only gain from that I would think as long as they can deliver product. Mainly for those like myself that want a centered mount stick with long extension.

Edited by dburne

Virpil is probably preparing new gimbal for use with long extension
(regarding coop with Baur) " We feel it is now time to move on and we will be launching the FINAL VPC MongoosT-50 base sale! (...)"

So it can be a quite opposite on the market regarding VKB Gunfighter gimbal issues IMHO...

2 hours ago, Piekarz said:

(regarding coop with Baur) " We feel it is now time to move on and we will be launching the FINAL VPC MongoosT-50 base sale! (...)"

So it can be a quite opposite on the market regarding VKB Gunfighter gimbal issues IMHO...

Nothing in the annoucement on their site or other forums has  been mentioned.

If so, likely a ways off.

8 hours ago, Piekarz said:

For a while - read until Q2 of 2019 at least, the "new" - and only, VPC base is WarBRD.

Gunfighter owners had issues. Dunno what happened with VKB CQ. Thats why I hope the next Gladitor pro would be ok. Glad pro was just a sweet spot for semi pro user (experienced but with desktop setup) with "ok" price. They also need to introduce the pedals with brakes. MKIVs are more or less heli style pedals and thats why my money goes for MFG. Slaws are too expensive for me.

So what I would like to see is - Gladiator pro MK3 (with option for MCG grip, KG12 as default); MKV rudder pedals with brakes and more adjusting options.

So from the sound of the content of that link, we should be seeing grips back in stock any time now.  I'm ready to plunk my credit card down as soon as I see them available again!

4 hours ago, BlueHeron said:

So from the sound of the content of that link, we should be seeing grips back in stock any time now.  I'm ready to plunk my credit card down as soon as I see them available again!

That MCG Pro grip is so well worth the wait. Trust me on this, I waited about a year before I was able to get mine.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, dburne said:

That MCG Pro grip is so well worth the wait. Trust me on this, I waited about a year before I was able to get mine.

Agreed. I doubt I'll be using any other grip for a long time.

Good to know.   In moments of weakness I considered alternative sticks, but I'm already committed to the Gunfigher II base.  :)

Their EU store is one of the main reasons I gave up on their pedals. Their EU stock is very limited and it gets emty pretty fast and then you must wait months for new (again small) batch. What they do now is they are pointing their EU customers to their "outlet" store on Alliexpress but there everything is more expensive and shipping is insane (80$ to EU just for pedals). So basically they have tons of stuff in China and none in their EU store. Like its 17 century and shipping is  being made via pirate ships. I wonder who is doing QC there in China.

Dramedy.

Pitty, because their stuff is good.

Edited by blackram

It would probably just be quicker to plan a holiday around a trip to the factory and bribe a guard to "acquire" one  for you... I check the NA sight daily but I have been doing that all summer now 

Is VKB going to sell in NA again, I mean were about two months from Christmas and they have yet to open there sight up again ?

On 10/15/2018 at 9:29 AM, blackram said:

Their EU store is one of the main reasons I gave up on their pedals. Their EU stock is very limited and it gets emty pretty fast and then you must wait months for new (again small) batch. What they do now is they are pointing their EU customers to their "outlet" store on Alliexpress but there everything is more expensive and shipping is insane (80$ to EU just for pedals). So basically they have tons of stuff in China and none in their EU store. Like its 17 century and shipping is  being made via pirate ships. I wonder who is doing QC there in China.

Dramedy.

Pitty, because their stuff is good.

It's God's way of telling you to buy Crosswinds.

4 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

Is VKB going to sell in NA again, I mean were about two months from Christmas and they have yet to open there sight up again ?

Send rrhode an email asking him, he is the NA sales rep.

northamerica@vkb-sim.pro

Email from VKB yesterday:

Dear subscriber,

VKB manufacturing is starting new production batch. The next shipment for EU market is expected to arrive in January 2019. We aim to have Gunfighter flightsticks and T-Rudder pedals in permanent stock but as the demand is high and many people asking about reservation, we open reservation for Gunfighter series now.

It is now possible to reserve your Gunfighter Mk.II flightstick equipped with the following grips:

KG12 (WWII style)

MCG RU (with Russian labels, close to real stick of modern Russian fighter jets)

MCG Pro EN (with English labels, similar to a standard MCG but equipped with more controls)

Reservation means that we do not charge you upfront. Instead, when the item is in stock, the participant will receive an email notification with a payment link.

You can reserve your stick via this link: https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-ii/

Best regards,
Team VKB FSC Europe

Good info, LukeFF.   I wish they would take reservations for NA as well.

I tried emailing northamerica@vkb-sim.pro earlier this month but the sales rep had no information to share.

What is strange is one of the VKB guys posted on their forums a few weeks ago, that they already had produced a lot of MCG grips to really build up their inventory, and were in process of producing a lot of Gunfighters.

Yet they are still scarce and quite hard to get.

They are well worth the wait, but it sure can be frustrating.

3 hours ago, BlueHeron said:

Good info, LukeFF.   I wish they would take reservations for NA as well.

I tried emailing northamerica@vkb-sim.pro earlier this month but the sales rep had no information to share.

i live in USA and I bought their gunfighter pro from the EU store. It came out to be $100 or so more expensive with shipping/taxes, but it beats these silly waiting games with the us stores...

and the vkb rudders I got from ebay, the seller didn't know what he had apparently..

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, moosya said:

i live in USA and I bought their gunfighter pro from the EU store. It came out to be $100 or so more expensive with shipping/taxes, but it beats these silly waiting games with the us stores...

and the vkb rudders I got from ebay, the seller didn't know what he had apparently..

How did you get around the "Country" entry to start an account on the European website.  It uses a drop down menu and United States isn't listed.

2 hours ago, czech693 said:

How did you get around the "Country" entry to start an account on the European website.  It uses a drop down menu and United States isn't listed.

eek.. i just went to https://flightsimcontrols.com and they changed the site layout as well as the billing/payment screens. It seems they've also changed the policy about shipping sometime early this year.. :(  When I ordered my system in June 2017 their site was pretty basic and I just paid them via Paypal, they got the address from my paypal account and simply shipped it there. They now have the below statement on their front page (at the bottom).

my apologies for misleading you, bud...

"Processing and Shipping

The orders are usually processed and shipped within 1-3 days for EU customers and up to 5 days for clients located outside EU. We do not ship to North America, Russia and China. Please, contact local dealers in those countries."

Edited by moosya

New guy perspective:

Decided to get into "serious" flight simming about 1 and 1/2 months ago.  Not knowing about these newish boutique flight controls, I purchase what I thought was the best available Hotas, the Warthog. I quickly returned it and looked into VKB, and Virpil.  I sadly read up about supply issues, and dreaded wait times.  Now it did take a full month, and 2 separate orders, but in that time I managed to purchase A virpil throttle with cover, T- 50 base, and CM stick with cover, extension set, and a table mount. I even manage to get on the Slaw rudder wait list. Also in that time I did see supply efforts by Virpil with 2 store restocks, as well as a huge number of information posts by the Virpil rep.  Good job!

During this time I continued to check the VKB NA store.  Nothing in stock, no information except some blurb about don't ask for stock only HQ knows?  Also no forum posts, no reps, no nothing. That company is dead  to me. They don''t appear to really try  or care? My money goes to the doers.

The Alliexpress option is much more expensive than US/EU stores. Beware. BTW, for EU customers, rudder pedals will be available from December and will be available for some time (shipping from January). Gunfighter can be preordered already with shipping from January.

BTW, US store had more stuff in stock than EU, in the past.

Edited by blackram

20 minutes ago, blackram said:

The Alliexpress option is much more expensive than US/EU stores. 

T-Rudder MK.IV in Aliexpress - $215.00 (Gladiator "vanilla" $99.00)

T-Rudder in VKB-RUS - $215.00

T-Rudder in Flightsimcontrols (EU) - 189.00/~$215.00 - excluding VAT. (Gladiator "vanilla" €94.00/~$107.00 - excluding VAT)

T-Rudder in X-plane.org (USA I guess) - $ 219.95 (Gladiator "vanilla $99.95)

T-Rudder in VKB controllers (USA) - $ 244.00 (Gladiator "vanilla" $99.00)

No other products available for compare. Maybe shipping cost from Aliexpress are more expensive than US/EU, but products?

Edited by Sokol1

10 hours ago, Wmacky said:

New guy perspective:

Decided to get into "serious" flight simming about 1 and 1/2 months ago.  Not knowing about these newish boutique flight controls, I purchase what I thought was the best available Hotas, the Warthog. I quickly returned it and looked into VKB, and Virpil.  I sadly read up about supply issues, and dreaded wait times.  Now it did take a full month, and 2 separate orders, but in that time I managed to purchase A virpil throttle with cover, T- 50 base, and CM stick with cover, extension set, and a table mount. I even manage to get on the Slaw rudder wait list. Also in that time I did see supply efforts by Virpil with 2 store restocks, as well as a huge number of information posts by the Virpil rep.  Good job!

During this time I continued to check the VKB NA store.  Nothing in stock, no information except some blurb about don't ask for stock only HQ knows?  Also no forum posts, no reps, no nothing. That company is dead  to me. They don''t appear to really try  or care? My money goes to the doers.

I love my Slaw device, it is one of the coolest things I own, He was considering making his own stick at some idk what's come of that however, but given the wait times for the two big ones it is not like there is not "room" in the market for another.